homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Is it time for another game of Rosencrantz? (Page 64)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  61  62  63  64  65  66  67 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Is it time for another game of Rosencrantz?
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Like Rob, in the H2G2 books, who was a rain god but didn't know it, and the clouds all cuddled up to him?

[Cool]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have you ever encountered a cuddly cloud?

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is your head in the clouds?

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Do I look like a thurifer?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Or, perhaps, a Thuringer sausage?

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What are those made of?
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Aren't laws like sausages, in that it is better not to see them being made?

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why does no one ever mention babies in the same context?

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How might we compare babies to sausages?

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Are Little Smokies baby sausages, and will they grow up to be adult sausages?

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Surely, they'll grow up to be fire ranger bears, like Smokey?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Isn't that a mountain all covered with snow?

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Or perhaps "On Top Of Spaghetti", as in the kids' song?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Can vegetarian kids fully appreciate that song?

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Surely they can, provided the "meat" balls are actually falafel, soy, or veggie burgers?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Would a veggie burger be able to roll out of the door before tipping over?

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Would it roll into the garden and under a bush?

--------------------
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

George H W or George W Bush?

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Or a mulberry bush?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Are you cultivating silkworms?

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Can you make a silkworm out of a sow's ear?

--------------------
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

As all life is inter-related aren't they already basically the same thing?

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Perhaps a lovely sow with strong silk wings to play with Schroedinger's Cat?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

But is the cat dead or alive?

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Does the cat care, seeing it's now got an equally impossible playmate?

(When pigs fly...)

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

If you move a cargo of pigs by airfreight does that qualify?

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Would they get frequent flyer miles?

--------------------
~Tortuf

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

How often does Miles fly?

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have you asked him?
Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Seeing as he's Miles O'Brian of "Star Trek: TNG", mightn't that be a mite difficult?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Can we calculate it in parsecs?

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

While eating parsnips?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Are the parsnips roast after being par-boiled and rolled in a little flour and grated [fresh!] parmesan?

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

And served on a fresh croissant, with ham and Swiss?

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Who is the Swiss person being served on a croissant?

--------------------
~Tortuf

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is he related to Monsieur Croque?
Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Was that the chap who invented the footwear known as Crocs?

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Why do some people call me An Old Croc?

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

Who would do a thing like that?
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Hopefully, not an Aussie called "Dundee"?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Could the future assassin of the President Elect of the USA be called Dundonald?

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Why don't we move on from that extremely unfortunate choice of humor?

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[tangent]
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Could the future assassin of the President Elect of the USA be called Dundonald?

Quotes File! [Killing me]
[/tangent]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Should I move this thread back to the top of the page?

--------------------
~Tortuf

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Hmm...perhaps this would be a good day to go out and play hopscotch?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Does it require players hopping whilst holding a full glass of Single Malt and not spilling a drop?

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Or does it involve ale made with hops?

--------------------
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Is that what Hopalong Cassidy drank?

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Was he related to Butch Cassidy?

--------------------
~Tortuf

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Or singer David Cassidy?

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  61  62  63  64  65  66  67 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016