homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  New poll  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Batter Up! Baseball 2017 (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Batter Up! Baseball 2017
Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

- Posted      Profile for Og, King of Bashan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rockies win! I tuned in to the radio broadcast with the Rockies down 3-2 in the 8th, and D-Backs ace Zach Greinke pitching lights out, and looking for a complete game. Unfortunately for the Diamondbacks, that meant that no one was warming up when he gave up back to back singles, and found himself with (future MVP?) Nolan Arenado up to bat.

Double off the wall, two runs score, and the Rockies win another one run game.

The Dodgers kept up the pressure, socking the Mets 12-0, with (future rookie of the year?) Cody Bellinger hitting his tenth home run in as many games, a first for a rookie.

The weekend's Rockies-Dodgers series is setting up to be huge.

--------------------
"I like to eat crawfish and drink beer. That's despair?" ― Walker Percy

Posts: 3133 | From: Denver, Colorado, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Og, King of Bashan:
Rockies win!

Sigh. I remember when my team used to win. Those were good times.
quote:
The Dodgers kept up the pressure, socking the Mets 12-0, with (future rookie of the year?) Cody Bellinger hitting his tenth home run in as many games, a first for a rookie.
And Corey Seager almost pulled off a unique achievement. He hit a one-run, a two-run and a three-run homer--just missing having a grand slam (four-run) to be the first batter in history to "hit for the homer cycle" in a game.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2653 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

- Posted      Profile for Caissa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My Jays are 0-8 in games when they had an opportunity to reach .500.
Posts: 923 | From: Saint John, N.B. | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Caissa:
My Jays are 0-8 in games when they had an opportunity to reach .500.

I am trying to find sympathy, but my Phils are 25 games below .500. And they have only played 69 games! [Help] I'd LOVE to be 0-8 in opportunities at reaching .500.

I guess it is all a matter of perspective.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

- Posted      Profile for Og, King of Bashan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Got my radio ready to listen to the game last night while working on a project in the garage, and was treated to a 10-run 4th for the DBacks. Final score: Arizona 16, Colorado 4. Ouch! Better luck this afternoon.

(My neighbor at the office is a lifelong Mets fan, and has been complaining all summer. They have a 8-game lead on the Phils, though. At least it's probably easier to get tickets, right?)

--------------------

Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

Well, that turned into a revolting series, with Arizona taking the rubber match 10-3.

(I promise this won't turn into a daily Rockies update; I just hate it when one of my schools posts multiple pre-game Facebook posts but goes silent after the team loses.)

--------------------

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

The Baltimore Orioles have given up at least 5 runs in 19 straight games. That puts them just one game behind the major league record of 20 straight games of allowing 5 or more runs.

Who set that record? Who else but the 1924 Philadelphia Phillies! You don't get to rack up the most losses of any professional sports team (10,789) just by having the occasional bad year!

The Orioles will be trying to avoid tying the record tonight against the Tampa Bay Rays.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is it me, or just my Pirates or does everyone dwell on their own batters home runs, starting pitcher's performances and double plays even though the side, yet again, fails to deliver. 2016 wasn't good and 2017 is worse. It's like we've concentrated on the starters but the bullpen is dreadful.

[ 23. June 2017, 13:33: Message edited by: Sioni Sais ]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24011 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

Tampa Bay 15, Baltimore 5. Way to tie the record in style! If the O's give up 5 or more runs today, they will have the record.

As for crappy bullpens, I have been hearing a lot of teams complain about that. I think EVERY team in the NL East gripes about how bad their bullpen is--even the division leading Nats. It seems to be epidemic in baseball.

--------------------

Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

The Rockies are presently on a 7 game losing streak, including a sweep at LA, and the first two at San Francisco (last time I shit talk San Francisco and think I can get away with it!).

Still 7.5 games up on the Cubs for the last Wild Card, and only 5.5 behind the Dodgers for the division, but it's time to get back on track.

[Frown]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog:
As for crappy bullpens, I have been hearing a lot of teams complain about that. I think EVERY team in the NL East gripes about how bad their bullpen is--even the division leading Nats. It seems to be epidemic in baseball.

Some of that's a holdover from years past when the Nats did have truly abysmal bullpens, especially compared to Gio, Strassburg, and the Gang. Like many a Nats fan, I still remember top of the 9th in Game 7 against the Cardinals, with two strikes, two outs, and up by two.

The Cardinals won the Series that year.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6831 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

Rockies 6, DBacks 3.

The streak is over. It went eight games, and took 10 days, but it's done.

Let's make it two in a row, boys!

--------------------

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

We have passed the halfway point in the season (every team has played at least 81 games), so I think it is time to touch on a couple of the stories from this season:

Best Record in Baseball: Houston Astros (58-28), although honorable mention to La Dodgers (58-29). It should be noted that, in terms of divisional races, the 'Stros are better situated with a whopping 15.5 game lead. The Dodgers "only" have a 5.5 game lead.

Surprise!: The Milwaukee Brewers have the lowest payroll in major league baseball...and they lead the NL East over defending World Series Champ Chicago Cubs by 4.5 games! I've said before that it is very hard for any team to repeat as World Series champion, but the Cubbies seem to be having more of a struggle than most. They are playing Pittsburgh as I type, but going into this game they were 42-43, so playing under .500 ball.

Tightest Race: AL Central. Cleveland (45-39), Kansas City (44-40) and Minnesota (44-41) are within 1.5 games of each other.

The Biggest Losers: Both the Phillies and the Giants are on course for 100-loss seasons, although the Phils are more likely to do it than SF (which only needs to win a couple more games than their first half total to get under the 100-loss mark).

Any stories catch your eyes?

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Surprise!: The Milwaukee Brewers have the lowest payroll in major league baseball...and they lead the NL East over defending World Series Champ Chicago Cubs by 4.5 games! I've said before that it is very hard for any team to repeat as World Series champion, but the Cubbies seem to be having more of a struggle than most. They are playing Pittsburgh as I type, but going into this game they were 42-43, so playing under .500 ball.

The Pirates are even further behind (40-46) and the Cubs are 3-0 up after four. Looks like the Cubs will be .5 in a couple of hours [Frown]

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

The Rockies, despite recent struggles, remain 7.5 games ahead of Chicago for the second wild card spot. I'd call that a major surprise.

Yesterday, Denver native Kyle Freeland was two outs away from becoming the second player in Rockies history and the second person in Coors Field history to throw a no hitter. Melky Cabrera broke up the bid with a single, but the hometown hero still walked off to a standing ovation, which included Cabrera. Disappointing, but the Rocks were up 10-0 at that point, so at least it wasn't a disastrous hit.

--------------------

RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Best Record in Baseball: Houston Astros (58-28), although honorable mention to La Dodgers (58-29). It should be noted that, in terms of divisional races, the 'Stros are better situated with a whopping 15.5 game lead. The Dodgers "only" have a 5.5 game lead.

I am pulling this thread up to the top of the board to gloat: the Dodgers have been hotter than hot and have the best record in baseball: 69-31, .690. And they've stretched their lead to 11.5 games ahead of Colorado and Arizona.

Kershaw went on the DL yesterday, but they did just fine when Kershaw was on the DL last year, so I'm still allowing myself to get my hopes up. [Yipee]

Posts: 24417 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dodgers are now 89-35, .718, and Nate Silver says they're on track to win 114 games. It's only August, and their magic number is 17. It's un-freakin'-believable. (It's going to hurt just that much more if they again don't make it to the World Series.)
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

Related to the above, here we are still in mid-August...and the SF Giants have been mathematically eliminated from winning the division. They are the first team to be eliminated this year from the divisional chase. Either San Diego or the Phillies will be the next.

All of them are still technically alive in the Wild Card chase. Most likely, the Phillies will be the first team eliminated from the Wild Card, but I don't think that will happen until September. Early September, but still September.

--------------------

Prester John
Shipmate
# 5502

- Posted      Profile for Prester John   Email Prester John   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This kind of incident is why the word "donnybrook" was invented. I haven't seen a fight this bad since the Dodgers-Diamondbacks went at it four years ago. Nobody is coming out of this one looking good.

Oh and congrats to the Dodgers. That was so painful to type.

Posts: 872 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by Prester John:
This kind of incident is why the word "donnybrook" was invented. I haven't seen a fight this bad since the Dodgers-Diamondbacks went at it four years ago. Nobody is coming out of this one looking good.

Quite a scrap and once it kicked off they were spoiling for it with the umpires right up against it. What kind of sanction or suspension is given to the players? By the look of things at least half a dozen on each side deserve a week's gardening leave.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Prester John
Shipmate
# 5502

- Posted      Profile for Prester John   Email Prester John   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:

Quite a scrap and once it kicked off they were spoiling for it with the umpires right up against it. What kind of sanction or suspension is given to the players? By the look of things at least half a dozen on each side deserve a week's gardening leave.

As I understand it the League determines length of suspension on a case by case basis but I could be wrong. Some feel certain teams, such as the Yankees, get preferential treatment in such situations.
Posts: 872 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
Dodgers are now 89-35, .718, and Nate Silver says they're on track to win 114 games. It's only August, and their magic number is 17. It's un-freakin'-believable. (It's going to hurt just that much more if they again don't make it to the World Series.)

... and the Dodgers are slumping. But I think it's just a blip. I hope so; I think the team is good enough to have a real shot at the WS.

The Giants have been generally terrible this year; watching games on ESPN has often involved peeping through hands over the face.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 20929 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

Just to update the eliminations: San Diego and the Phillies have both been officially eliminated from winning their respective divisions.

Everybody I still alive in the wild card race. I am a little puzzled about that. According to MLB, both SF and Philadelphia have an elimination number of 8 to be eliminated from the wild card race. Why that puzzles me is that SF has a 1.5 game advantage over the Phils. SF is 20.5 games out of a wild card spot and the Phils are 22 games out--so why are their elimination numbers the same???

--------------------

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

Never mind. I figured it out. The Phils have played 3 fewer games than SF. They both have 83 losses, but the Phils have only 50 wins compared to SF's 53. So if the Phils played those 3 games and won them all, they would be tied with SF. That is why they both have the same elimination number. Of course, if the Phils played those 3 games and lost them all (the more likely scenario), the Phils elimination number would be reduced to 5. But we won't know that until we play the games.

Nice to see the brain cells working this early in the morning.

[ 01. September 2017, 12:44: Message edited by: Hedgehog ]

--------------------

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

Okay, it is now official: Both San Francisco and Philadelphia have been fully eliminated from the playoffs. It was a photo finish, but technically I believe the Phillies were eliminated first. The next team likely to be fully eliminated is the Chicago White Sox, whose elimination number is currently 3.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

Elsewhere, the slow death of the Pittsburgh Pirates continues.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

Can we pause just a moment to think about La Dodgers? They have lost 16 of their last 17 games. And, even with that, they STILL have the best record in baseball!

--------------------

RuthW

# 13

After an 11-game losing streak, they finally won again this evening! It's been soooooooooo painful. I was at the game last Friday, and aside from a flurry of activity in the first inning, the Dodgers just looked awful. Yu Darvish was supposed to be the reason they would finally triumph in the post-season, he came completely apart in the fifth inning.

And of course they couldn't do it the easy way tonight. It came down to the bottom of the ninth, bases loaded and the go-ahead run on first, before Jensen got the last strikeout.

Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

The Rockies are still in it, despite being relatively average for most of the summer. Hitting Chavez Ravine during the losing streak helped. Now they are 2-0 on a four game trip to Arizona, as part of a six game winning streak. The schedule from here on out is pretty forgiving, as well. All they have to do is hold off the Cardinals and Brewers for the last Wild Card spot, and I think that should be doable.

Granted, the Broncos are 1-0, so no one is talking about the Rockies anymore. But a playoff run might change that, for a few days at least.

--------------------

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

The Cleveland Indians have just set a new American League record for a winning streak: 21 games. The prior record holder was the Oakland A's, with 20 wins.

The Major League record is a little more obscure. The 1935 Cubs won 21 consecutive games, so the Indians have tied that. But the MLB record is usually given as 26 straight wins by the N.Y. Giants (before they moved to San Francisco) in 1916. The asterisk to this is that, during that streak, one game was tied at 1-1 in the 9th inning when the game was stopped because of rain...and they never got around to finishing it. That was not all that unusual in 1916--the Giants actually had three such "ties" that year. It didn't much matter: they finished 7 games out of first (behind the Brooklyn Robins--and there is a team name you don't hear much anymore!)

--------------------

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

More teams have been completely eliminated from the playoffs. In the NL, Cincinnati Reds & NY Mets have fallen. In the AL, Chicago White Sox & Detroit Tigers have fallen.

There are a handful more who are likely to be eliminated this weekend.

--------------------

Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

Here is a handy chart of scenarios for the last NL WC spot, as of yesterday. The Rockies probably need to go 4-2 in their last 6 to feel really safe, but as long as the Cardinals or Brewers don't go on tears (they end the season against each other, so only one team can end up with 6 or 5 wins), 3-3 might land us in a tiebreaker. (All three teams won last night.)

So pulling hard for the Cubs and Reds, then hoping the Dodgers rest some starters this weekend.

--------------------

Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

For some reason, copying and pasting links on my phone causes me trouble.

Here is the (updated) chart, showing every NL Wild Card scenario. (I'll actually preview this time, I swear!)

This afternoon's game against the Marlins isn't quite must win, but a win would mean that we just need to take one off of the Dodgers to have a 77% chance of making the playoffs.

This Rockies team doesn't have the look of one of those super dangerous teams that gets hot in a wild chard race and carries a hot streak into the playoffs, but I'll take it however they give it to me.

--------------------

Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

Rockies win! (14-9 Coors Field Special.) One more win and the worst that can happen is a tiebreaker game.

Cubs win! Cardinals are one loss away from elimination.

Reds win! Brewers are two losses away from elimination, one loss away from only being able to get to a tiebreaker game.

This was a good day for the Rockies playoff hopes. Tomorrow night off, while the Cardinals and Brewers are on. We could be popping the champagne on Friday night, folks!

--------------------

Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

So going into the last weekend of the regular season, only a few things left to be settled:

1. Final NL Wild Card spot. Cardinals are out. Brewers must sweep and hope that the Dodgers sweep the Rockies to win the spot outright. Tiebreaker (in Denver) if the Rockies get swept and the Brewers go 2-1, or if the Brewers sweep and the Rockies go 1-2. Any other result, and the Rockies win the last spot. (I've made my rooting interests known. How about a nice walk-off homer from Arenado or Blackmon to clinch the spot and the NL MVP?)

2. AL Home field advantage. Cleveland is one game up on Houston. I haven't done the exact math, but either team could end up with the best record in the AL. Even if Houston doesn't catch Cleveland, they just need to win one more to be one of three teams with 100 wins. Three teams with 100 wins in one season is fairly rare.

3. AL East champions. If the Yankees sweep the Jays and the Red Sox are swept by the Astros, we end up with a tie at the top of the AL East, and a one-game tie-breaker in the Bronx. Winner gets the second place AL team, loser hosts the Twins in the wild card round.

4. World Series home field advantage. I didn't notice this, but they finally did away with the stupid "All Star game winning league gets home field advantage for league's pennant winner" rule. There are all kinds of implications here, which probably aren't the first thing on anyone's mind at this point.

5. While 60 home runs doesn't have the cachet it used to, it still means a lot to some of us. Giancarlo Stanton of the Marlins has 59, and could tie or surpass that magic number.

So plenty to watch for.

--------------------

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

Yeah...that's one way to look at it.

Personally, I don't think "home field advantage" is a real thing. In a 7 game playoff, it literally only matters if the series goes 7 games. If it goes 6 games, each time has hosted 3. If it goes 5 games, oddly, the team with "home field advantage" only gets 2 games and the other team gets 3. If it goes 4 games, each gets 2. So, in my mind, "home field advantage" is an illusion.

But I have noticed a startling thing. Unless the SF Giants lose every remaining game, no team will lose 100 games this year. Why is that so amazing? Well, go back up-thread to the halfway point in the season. II thought it was a sure thign that the Phillies would have 100 losses (at the pace they were going at the halfway point, they would have 106 losses). As it is, as we sit here now, the most they can have if they lose their remaining games is "only" 97 losses. The team has really turned things around in the second half. So, naturally, what do you so when a team has such a dramatic turnaround for the positive? You do what the Phillies did: fire the manager who managed to turn the team around.

Idiots.

--------------------

Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

Rockies 9, Dodgers 1. The Brewers also won, but with that win, the worst that can happen for the Rockies is a one game tiebreaker. One more win or a Brewers loss and it's done. Kershaw on the bump for the Dodgers tonight, but we've had some success against him so far this season, and it will probably be a short start.

Red Sox lost, Yankees won, so that's still active. Astros got win 100, but Cleveland also won, so the Indians still have the lead for AL top seed.

--------------------

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

And so the playoffs start with the Wild Card games.

First up (Tuesday): Minnesota Twins v. NY Yankees
Next (Wednesday): Colorado Rockies v. Arizona Diamondbacks

It is always tempting to give predictions but considering how bad I am at that, I won't.

After those games, we can get to the Playoffs Proper with the Divisional Series.

--------------------

Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

All things considered, I'm actually kind of relieved to have choir during the Rockies game tonight. If they win, I get at least three other chances to watch them. If they lose, I won't feel that I wasted three hours watching the game.

At least that's what I'm telling myself. [Biased]

(To the extent that the Choirmaster has the least interest in any sport, it's baseball, so depending on his mood, we may have occasional score updates throughout rehearsal.)

--------------------

Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

Disappointing end to a great season. The Rockies were down 6-0 at one point, and battled back within one run twice, only to give up two separate two run triples (including one to the DBacks' set up man who rarely ever bats, much less gets hits) to go back into deep holes. Valiant effort, but never quite enough to get the job done. [Waterworks]

Go Cleveland?

--------------------

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

The Diamondbacks have been going strong of late. Even the Dodgers should be a little scared to face them right now.

So we are up to the Divisional Series. IIRC, these are best-of-5. They start today in the AL, with Boston Red Sox @ Houston Astros, followed by NY Yankees @ Cleveland Indians.

Tomorrow will by the NL's turn with Chicago Cubs @ Washington Nationals, followed by Arizona Diamondbacks @ LA Dodgers.

--------------------

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

Harking back to a post I made earlier in the season, of the eight playoff teams, here is how long since the franchise last won a World Series (or how long the franchise has been in existence for Houston and Washington, both of whom have never won a World Series):

Cleveland Indians: 68 seasons
Houston Astros: 55 seasons
Washington Nationals: 48 seasons*
LA Dodgers: 28 seasons
Arizona Diamondbacks: 15 seasons
NY Yankees: 7 seasons
Boston Red Sox: 3 seasons
Chicago Cubs: 0 seasons

*Of course, they were not in Washington for all that time. The franchise started as the Montreal Expos.

--------------------

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

Houston Astros have just eliminated the Boston Red Sox, 3 games to 1.

Houston will next play the winner of the Yankees-Indians series. The Indians lead that one 2 game to 1.

--------------------

RuthW

# 13

quote:
The Diamondbacks have been going strong of late. Even the Dodgers should be a little scared to face them right now.

The Dodgers are up two games to none after two games at Dodger Stadium. But tonight they're in Phoenix, and the Dodgers are putting Yu Darvish up against Zach Greinke. God knows why; I certainly don't. He was supposed to be the one more great pitcher they needed, but he hasn't been at all impressive yet. Please let it be yet!
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

And another one bites the dust, as the Dodgers completed their sweep of the Arizona Diamondbacks.

--------------------

Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

- Posted      Profile for Caissa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
With Boston out, I am now cheering for Cleveland.
Posts: 923 | From: Saint John, N.B. | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

# 13

The Dodgers-Dbacks game was great. Greinke did not look good, but Arizona put up a very good fight nevertheless, and the Dodgers left something like 10 guys on base in scoring position. But still swept! So are the only undefeated team in the post-season, unless I'm missing something.
Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

quote:
Originally posted by Caissa:
With Boston out, I am now cheering for Cleveland.

Next up?

--------------------

RuthW

# 13

I'm feeling bad for Cleveland fans today. Ouch.
Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

So is anyone going to take a game off of the Dodgers or can we just crown their @$$'s right now?

I do love that Puig is having the playoffs of a lifetime, and obviously having a blast the whole time. I've never understood why everyone insists that players act like adults out there, at least as far as celebrating hits. You get a big hit in a playoff game, have some fun. You earned it.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  New poll  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016