homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Song Association (Page 10)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  17  18  19 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Song Association
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bronski Beat: Smalltown Boy

Jimmy Somerville has the same haircut.

--------------------
Human

Posts: 1571 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lyrics connection.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hunters & Collectors: The Slab

The connection here is with the lyrics, as this video was shot in Melbourne in the 1980's, and everything about it (including the song and the band) reminds me of what I was doing back then.

--------------------
Human

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Speaking of 80s hometown nostalgia...

Rick Moranis singing Turning Japanese in the Edmonton river valley

From one of the seasons of SCTV filmed in Edmonton.

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cue Kyu.

--------------------
plug plug

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sad and sky filled

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
By an artist named Vincent...

--------------------
I have the power...Lucifer is lord!

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

This is a song by people living in Alice Springs, written and recorded by them in the town. Alice is the link...

BushMob Crew: Know Your Rights

--------------------
Human

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You gotta fight for your right to party

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Phil Ochs: What are you Fighting for?

--------------------
Human

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And it's 1, 2, 3, what are we fighting 4?

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
2 4 6 8 motorway

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Paul Kelly: From St Kilda to Kings Cross

--------------------
Human

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Paul Simon (and Garfunkle) taking the bus up the New Jersey turnpike from Pittsburg with Kathy.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone who's driven on the New Jersey Turnpike knows that it's the Highway to Hell.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Then it's clearly the expresway to your heart. (nothing personal)

[ 03. September 2017, 06:44: Message edited by: mousethief ]

--------------------

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Yothu Tindi: Superhighway

--------------------
Human

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Yothu Yindi ... doh

--------------------
Human

Jemima the 9th
Shipmate
# 15106

- Posted      Profile for Jemima the 9th     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Supercalifragilisticexpialodocious
Posts: 801 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

You can do magic!

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So could Puff!

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

The Beatles: The Magical Mystery Tour

--------------------
Human

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

The King's Singers - Madrigal History Tour

--------------------
~Tortuf

jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Squeeze - King George Street.

--------------------
plug plug

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Another song about someone leaving their regular abode(though for considerably less sympathetic reasons)...

The Way - Fastball

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Tom Jones: Delilah

I post this because the previous song reminded me of it, really really really reminded me of it [Smile]

--------------------
Human

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Yeah, now that you mention it...

"But where were they going without ever knowing the way?"

"I felt the knife in my hand, and she laughed no more."

They do scan pretty closely.

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

quote:
Originally posted by simontoad:
Tom Jones: Delilah

The same basic set-up, but with a happy ending...
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Easy then to see things... like correct street numbers...

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Shades of gray? I prefer A Whiter Shade.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

"I'm a real gone pale-face and that's no illusion..."

--------------------

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Billy Bragg: Accident Waiting to Happen

--------------------
Human

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Well yeah, shit happens even to the Supremes.

--------------------

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

The Peanut Butter Conspiracy: It's a Happening Thing

--------------------
Human

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

There's something happening here...

--------------------
~Tortuf

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

The Happening - The Supremes

--------------------

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Marvin Gaye & Diana Ross - My Mistake (was to love you)

--------------------
Human

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Windows Error Remix

(slightly vulgar text; double click)

[ 11. September 2017, 14:36: Message edited by: Stetson ]

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Problems with windows go waaay back.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Bob Dylan would like you to go away from his window too.

--------------------
~Tortuf

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Bob Dylan: Gotta Serve Somebody

--------------------
Human

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Do You Want Somebody to Love? - Jefferson Airplane

--------------------
~Tortuf

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Can anybody find me somebody to love?

--------------------

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Billy Bragg: A Lover Sings

--------------------
Human

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Sing Sing Sing

--------------------

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Paul Kelly: Rally Round the Drum

--------------------
Human

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Paul Kelly with Vicka Bull: My Man's got a Cold

--------------------
Human

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

A person can develop a cold.

--------------------
~Tortuf

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

A person can develop film.

--------------------

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Billy Bragg: Must I paint you a picture?

--------------------
Human

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  17  18  19 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016