homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Song Association (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  17  18  19 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Song Association
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Elvis Costello and the Attractions: Everyday I Write the Book

--------------------
Human

Posts: 1571 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kathryn Roberts and Sean Lakeman - The Banishing Book - I've just got rid of it as an earworm.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Forgot to say that may not be safe for work

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Paperback Writer by the Beatles was the next thing to come to my mind.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I suppose this goes to Every Day I write the Book by Elvis Costello and the Attractions

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And the book is read by Everyday People (Sly & The Family Stone).

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, Diff'rent Strokes for diff'rent folks.

--------------------
I have the power...Lucifer is lord!

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Could have done several songs from Avenue Q sung by 'Gary Coleman' but I went for this one (some strong language):

Schadenfreude

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gill H:
Could have done several songs from Avenue Q sung by 'Gary Coleman' but I went for this one (some strong language):

Schadenfreude

Walking along the avenue...

I Ran by Flock Of Seagulls

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Going waaay back: Runaway by Del Shannon

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Up Up and Away - The Fifth Dimension.

(I ushered for a couple of their concerts, many years ago -- 1971?)

[ 10. July 2017, 02:22: Message edited by: Pigwidgeon ]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Beethoven's Fifth Symphony (first movement)

[ 10. July 2017, 05:18: Message edited by: Lyda*Rose ]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Roll Over Beethoven by Chuck Berry

--------------------
I have the power...Lucifer is lord!

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Could see that one coming. And you could probably guess my next move: Rock and Roll by Led Zeppelin.
Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
But "It's Still Rock and Roll to Me" by Billy Joel

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Rock? How about Rach? His Piano Concerto no.2 to be specific.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Mostly because I think it's an absolutely delightful tune...

Lover's Concerto by The Supremes

(I think that might be the first time I have ever described something as "delightful". Gonna try not to make a habit of this.)

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No way does Rach equal Rock!

Billy don't be a hero by Paper Lace.

Not one of the greatest songs, although it does manage to get a sort of rhyme for the word 'fiancee'

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[obvious link alert ON]

Heroes by the late, great David Bowie.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Savoy Truffle by The Beatles.

Link - Think chocolates.

--------------------
plug plug

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A few links together (can you work them out?) gets me to Stand By Me by Ben E King.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You don't have to stand by me. Stand in the place where you are.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sit Down by James.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Or you can always go Downtown with Petula Clark.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

To A Town Called Malice by The Jam?

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"And I hope this jam is gonna last". We be all Jammin' together ere where.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bob Marley: Redemption Songs

--------------------
Human

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

"Sunday" by Bobby Read

Uh, another Bob doing some nice, smooth jazz.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon - Queen

--------------------

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

The clergy song : Easy like Sunday Morning by the Commodores.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Let's get this week going. After Sunday comes Monday Monday. (The Mamas and the Papas)

[ 12. July 2017, 14:25: Message edited by: mousethief ]

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

And on to Ruby Tuesday with the Rolling Stones.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

And if you really like Tuesday: "Forever Afternoon (Tuesday?) by the Moody Blues.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

I can hear the soft breathing of the girl that I love on Wednesday Morning, [at] 3am. Simon and Garfunkel.

--------------------

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Donovan:Jersey Thursday

--------------------
Human

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Friday night and the lights are low... when your're a Dancing Queen (ABBA)

--------------------
~Tortuf

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting - Elton John

--------------------

Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rather obvious is Street Fighting Man by The Rolling Stones.

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'
Mika; in Hello? Is Anybody There?, Jostein Gaardner

Posts: 2592 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is that Where the Streets Have No Name ? (U2)

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Phil Ochs: Talking Birmingham Jam

"Well I've seen travel in many ways. I've been in cars and old subways. But in Birmingham some people chose to fly down the street from a fire hose."

--------------------
Human

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Subway's no way for a good man to go down. Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters by Elton John.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Sometimes it comes to this... "They're Coming to Take Me Away".

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Who's coming to take you away? Eli's Coming (Three Dog Night)

--------------------
~Tortuf

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Had a dog and his name was "Old Blue" sung by Joan Baez

--------------------

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

I suppose it may be told in The Story of the Blues (part 1) by Wah

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

Which brings us to the story of your Red Right Ankle by The Decemberists.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

The Gout Song

--------------------
Human

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by simontoad:
The Gout Song

That's truly awful. Never let an MD write your song lyrics.

It leads me, however, to:

The Rockin' Pneumonia and the Boogie Woogie Flu by Johnny Rivers

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

The River by Springsteen

--------------------

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Shirley Caesar: Jordan River

--------------------
Human

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  17  18  19 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016