homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Song Association (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  17  18  19 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Song Association
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If we're allowed instrumental pieces that brings me to Pat Metheny's As Falls Witchita, So Falls Witchita Falls all 20 minutes of it.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This calls for the rather handsome Glen Campbell singing Wichita Lineman.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(I used Beethoven's Ninth)

Onward...

"Wichita Lineman" by Glen Campbell
ETA: DOH!

[ 23. July 2017, 06:51: Message edited by: Lyda*Rose ]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Great Minds!

ETA: Beethoven's 9th has words!

[ 23. July 2017, 06:55: Message edited by: mousethief ]

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

On the line theme, let's Drag it with Tommy James.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All the mention of the rain, sunshine and snow in Draggin' the Line brings me to Weather Report's Birdland

(it's draggin' the line, not diggin' it, dang it)

[ 23. July 2017, 07:05: Message edited by: Curiosity killed ... ]

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From Birdland to Ignoreland by R.E.M.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
...to this land: "This Land Is Made for You and Me" by Woody Guthrie

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And the parody...

(I hadn't heard this one since about forty years ago, sung to me by another kid in a church basement.)

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Charming man. Has a Shotgun.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey little sister...

--------------------
I have the power...Lucifer is lord!

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Clearly we need to go to A Black version

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One of the comments under that track: practically Taylor Swift at this point.

I understand that Taylor Swift is also a recording artist.

--------------------
Human

Posts: 1571 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Glee Cast: Here Comes the Sun I think this might be a crime against humanity.

--------------------
Human

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

One of the sexiest songs I've ever heard: "Come Again, Sweet Love Doth Now Invite" by John Dowland, keeping in mind that "come" had the same sexual meaning in the sixteenth century that it has now.

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Ya make a dead man...

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

I wonder where the Rolling Stones got that line from? Maybe Bessie Jackson.

--------------------

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Oh my God, I think I'd better turn the heater down
[Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Human

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Archie Roach: Love in the Morning

--------------------
Human

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Love on the Rocks, Neil Diamond

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Neil Innes: The Idiot Song

(Possibly offensive to the mentally challenged, though it could be argued he's riffing on the Holy Fool archetype)

[ 24. July 2017, 11:56: Message edited by: Stetson ]

--------------------

jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Deny by The Clash

--------------------
plug plug

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Sharif don't like The Clash. But he does like to rock the Casbah.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Then you can kick back (having sent your camel to bed) inder the stars around "Midnight at the Oasis".

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Oasis told me She's Electric.

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

We're gonna turn it on...
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by Stetson:
We're gonna turn it on...

Boy did they like their green screen!

Still, you turn me on, ELP.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Of course you turn me on, I'm a radio . Doesn't work otherwise.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

You had better do as you are told. You better listen to the Radio.

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hang on! Wasn't it the case that video killed the radio star?

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
But then Radio stars much be dead by now...

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Tell, you can turn on the radio and sing with the singer in the band.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Well, Mama probably hadn't planned for her boy to land "On the Cover of the Rolling Stone".

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Or in the pages of a Blueboy magazine.

(somewhat risque)

--------------------

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

From She Bop to simply She: Charles Aznavour

--------------------
Human

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

From She to She. (Monkees)

--------------------

Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
She bangs - Ricky Martin
Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

She bangs what? A gong?

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

T-Rex, Rex T.

Rex Tillerson's Fracking Song

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Country AND Comic Blues Brothers: Stand By Your Man

--------------------
Human

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Or, just stand.

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
But -- but -- you didn't stand by me!

Train in Vain

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Train in the Rain

Maybe not in vain. By the inimitable Bruce Cockburn

--------------------

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

Maybe its a Runaway Train

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Run away, turn away...

Smalltown Boy by Bronski Beat

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Or just Turn, Turn, Turn by Pete Seeger.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

OT Associations! Boney M: Rivers of Babylon

--------------------
Human

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

And back to Babylon by Don McLean's route.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Manfred Mann misheard the lyrics, but interpolates ol' Don in Road to Babylon.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is there a Dead Skunk in the middle of that road? (Loudon Wainwright)

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  17  18  19 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016