homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Purgatory   » The "boycott, divestment, sanction" movement against Israel - is it wrong? (Page 13)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The "boycott, divestment, sanction" movement against Israel - is it wrong?
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kaplan Corday:
quote:
Originally posted by mr cheesy:
pointing a large gun at a granny.

What sort of pathetic rhetorical purpose is served by talking about "large" guns?

The real issue as regards Israel consists of rockets (any size) pointed at Jewish kids, and the growing possibility of nuclear devices (any size) being pointed at Israel's Jews in general by genocidal, anti-Semitic lunatics.

Haven't you considered that disproportionate violence against Palestinians is just the kind of thing that could push a genocidal anti-Semitic lunatic over the edge?

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kaplan Corday
Shipmate
# 16119

- Posted      Profile for Kaplan Corday         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
Haven't you considered that disproportionate violence against Palestinians is just the kind of thing that could push a genocidal anti-Semitic lunatic over the edge?

Anti-Semites don't need the excuse of violence against Palestinians, "disproportionate" or otherwise.

It was genuine and unambiguously disproportionate violence on a massive scale against Jews that led to the formation of Israel in the first place, and that is the most germane issue in this debate.

Kaplan Corday
Shipmate
# 16119

- Posted      Profile for Kaplan Corday         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Martin60:
nuclear devices (any size) being pointed at Israel's Jews in general by genocidal, anti-Semitic lunatics which doesn't endanger Israel's Arabs and other ethnic minorities?

My bad.

I'd forgotten that the genocidal, anti-Semitic lunatics in Iran would promptly abandon the pursuit of their aims once they realised there was the slightest danger of collateral damage to non-Jews - especially to Sunni Muslims and Christians.

[ 03. December 2016, 01:08: Message edited by: Kaplan Corday ]

Arethosemyfeet
Shipmate
# 17047

- Posted      Profile for Arethosemyfeet   Email Arethosemyfeet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
nuclear devices (any size) being pointed at Israel's Jews in general by genocidal, anti-Semitic lunatics which doesn't endanger Israel's Arabs and other ethnic minorities?

My bad.

I'd forgotten that the genocidal, anti-Semitic lunatics in Iran would promptly abandon the pursuit of their aims once they realised there was the slightest danger of collateral damage to non-Jews - especially to Sunni Muslims and Christians.

So far there is more evidence of the Israeli lunatics being genocidal than the Iranian ones. And the Israeli ones already have nukes.
Posts: 2933 | From: Hebrides | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

My bad.

Excellently elucidated, it's win-win-win for the GALI who get to kill some of all they incandescently loathe, some of whom are gay too, win-win-win-win, just in starting WWIII, guaranteeing their total delicious immolation by the Gay-Jew-Sunni-Christian infidels 400 nuke response (more than the Soviet buckets of instant sunshine targeted to the UK) in fiery self sacrifice that is soooooo worth it for tea and virgins forever.

But WHEN K.C.? When? Perhaps President Trump can help expedite this in God's eee ain't it grand plan?

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kaplan Corday
Shipmate
# 16119

quote:
Originally posted by Arethosemyfeet:
So far there is more evidence of the Israeli lunatics being genocidal than the Iranian ones.

To vilify Jews as genocidal is at best obscene and untrue, and at worst neo-Nazi.

quote:
And the Israeli ones already have nukes.
Thank goodness that if anyone in the ME has nuclear weapons, it is the Jews and not the Islamofascists.
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
So far there is more evidence of the Israeli lunatics being genocidal than the Iranian ones.

To vilify Jews as genocidal is at best obscene and untrue, and at worst neo-Nazi.

quote:
Thank goodness that if anyone in the ME has nuclear weapons, it is the Jews and not the Islamofascists.

To vilify Iranians as genocidal on the basis of how many Jews or anyone else they've killed on a bad day whilst not vilifying Jews more so for all of their Palestinian victims is worthy of vilification: you will be vilified as you vilify.

And yes, we thank God for His provision of nuclear fission and that civilized men are in control of it.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Arethosemyfeet
Shipmate
# 17047

- Posted      Profile for Arethosemyfeet   Email Arethosemyfeet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

quote:

I was fairly clearly aiming at the Israeli lunatics, of whom there are many, but not Jews in general. Your attempt to conflate Israel and Jews and use that as a shield against criticism is noted. And yes, Israelis and their allies have attempted genocide against the Palestinians, if not by outright slaughter (though it's done that plenty of times) then by attempting to erase their existence as a people, as has been seen in this thread.

By your interpretation, then if my claims are neo-Nazi then so are yours, because you're accusing Muslims of being genocidal, and the accusation of Islamofascism has been a favourite of neo-Nazis throughout the western world, from Russia, to the UK, to the Netherlands, Austria, Germany, France, the US and probably any others you'd care to name.

Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

- Posted      Profile for Jamat   Author's homepage   Email Jamat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

To vilify Iranians as genocidal on the basis of how many Jews or anyone else they've killed on a bad day whilst not vilifying Jews more so for all of their Palestinian victims is worthy of vilification: you will be vilified as you vilify.

Perhaps everyone should now take a moments silence to ponder that.

To vilify or not to vilify that is the question
Whether it is nobler in the mind to suffer the arsonist,the rocket launchers and the suicide attackers whose stated aim is to wipe me off the planet or take up arms against them, is indeed a choice anyone would struggle with.

You know of course that no Jew can set foot in Iran, no Christian can build a church there it is illegal to own a bible I'm told and if I'm woman I'm locked away under a thick blanket with eye slits.

Posts: 3228 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dave W.
Shipmate
# 8765

- Posted      Profile for Dave W.   Email Dave W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jamat:
You know of course that no Jew can set foot in Iran, no Christian can build a church there it is illegal to own a bible I'm told and if I'm woman I'm locked away under a thick blanket with eye slits.

What other things do you suppose you know "of course" that aren't so?
Posts: 2059 | From: the hub of the solar system | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

Where do you get this counterfactual dross from?

--------------------
Love wins

Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

- Posted      Profile for Jamat   Author's homepage   Email Jamat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.:
quote:

quote:
n country after country, Christians are driven out, Jews are pushed into Israel, groups like Yazidis are targeted by the self-declared Islamic State, Sunni Muslims push out Shiites and Shiites push out Sunnis.

It's an attack on the fantastic religious diversity that has distinguished the Middle East for millennia. The Jews in Iran are daily resisting that trend.

It's a revelation. That any survive really. That guy must do really good take outs to survive.
2 dozen worshippers?
So many?
I'm gob smacked!

[ 04. December 2016, 17:22: Message edited by: Jamat ]

--------------------
Jamat ..in utmost longditude, where Heaven
with Earth and ocean meets, the setting sun slowly descended, and with right aspect
Against the eastern gate of Paradise. (Milton Paradise Lost Bk iv)

Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

@Arethosemyfeet.
Apologies, you are tight I am wrong. It is early morning here and I confused Saudi Arabia with Iran.
Jamat

--------------------
with Earth and ocean meets, the setting sun slowly descended, and with right aspect

Dave W.
Shipmate
# 8765

- Posted      Profile for Dave W.   Email Dave W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:
n country after country, Christians are driven out, Jews are pushed into Israel, groups like Yazidis are targeted by the self-declared Islamic State, Sunni Muslims push out Shiites and Shiites push out Sunnis.

It's an attack on the fantastic religious diversity that has distinguished the Middle East for millennia. The Jews in Iran are daily resisting that trend.

It's a revelation. That any survive really. That guy must do really good take outs to survive.
2 dozen worshippers?
So many?
I'm gob smacked!

As well you might be, considering that less than two hours ago you thought that ("of course") no Jew could set foot in Iran.

Any doubts about it being illegal to own a bible there?

Posts: 2059 | From: the hub of the solar system | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Does it matter to you that your information is inaccurate?

[ 04. December 2016, 17:54: Message edited by: mdijon ]

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

2 dozen worshippers?
So many?
I'm gob smacked!

As well you might be, considering that less than two hours ago you thought that ("of course") no Jew could set foot in Iran.

Any doubts about it being illegal to own a bible there?

Its all true, I grovel.
Not so sure I would like to be caught reading a Bible in that Jewish guys' café.

--------------------

Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

Dave W,
I evidently apologised the the wrong person.
You are the intended object.
Full of confusion this morning
Jamat

--------------------

Arethosemyfeet
Shipmate
# 17047

Without wanting to pick on you, Jamat, this does illustrate the problem of Islamophobia rather well - all Muslims of whatever stripe get lumped together and the worst extremes of each get combined into some sort of Sharia Mecha-Muslim. Iran and Saudi Arabia get on about as well as Spain and England did circa 1570 and for similar reasons. They both have unpleasant regimes we'd all be glad to see replaced with something better, but Saudi Arabia is in a different league to Iran when it comes to oppression.
Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

quote:
Without wanting to pick on you, Jamat, this does illustrate the problem of Islamophobia rather well - all Muslims of whatever stripe get lumped together and the worst extremes of each get combined into some sort of Sharia Mecha-Muslim. Iran and Saudi Arabia get on about as well as Spain and England did circa 1570 and for similar reasons. They both have unpleasant regimes we'd all be glad to see replaced with something better, but Saudi Arabia is in a different league to Iran when it comes to oppression.

Its OK. I buy health pills from a Muslim and get hair cut by another. One has not yet poisoned me and the other hasn't yet cut off my ear. However, Here in NZ of all outposts we had an anti Jewish, and seemingly anti everything tirade from the local Islamic preacher (peace be upon him)that actually got on the local news. You can't blame people for fear.
Islam in NZ

--------------------

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

It's a small world.

--------------------
Love wins

Kaplan Corday
Shipmate
# 16119

quote:
Israelis and their allies have attempted genocide against the Palestinians, if not by outright slaughter (though it's done that plenty of times) then by attempting to erase their existence as a people

Bullshit.

Anti-Semitic genocide, historically attempted and still aspirational amongst Islamists ("vermin", which is how they describe Jews, is what Zyklon B was originally designed to eradicate) was and is strictly literal annihilation.

To attempt to liken this to what you consider to be failures in Israel's attempts to bend over backward to live in their homeland in co-existence with non-Jews is nauseating.

quote:
you're accusing Muslims of being genocidal, and the accusation of Islamofascism has been a favourite of neo-Nazis throughout the western world
Bullshit again.

It is only Islamists/Islamosfacists whom I have accused of being genocidal.

The Muslims I know have included Iranian immigrants whom I helped to learn English, and who despised the Iranian Islamist leadership from which they had escaped.

As for Nazis or neo-Nazis disapproving of Islamofacism, give us a break.

Anti-Semitism is what they have in common.

Admirers of Nazism have included founders of Ba'athism, the founder of the Muslim Brotherhood and the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem.

Islamist lunatics in Iran's leadership have not only denied the Holocaust, but sponsored Holocaust Denial Cartoon Competitions.

mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The Muslims I know have included Iranian immigrants whom I helped to learn English, and who despised the Iranian Islamist leadership from which they had escaped.

I would go as far as to say it is a minority of Iranians who support the Islamist leadership, and the current direction of travel under Rouhani is in a more moderate direction. His difficulty is that there is still a rabid Supreme Leader (who no-one votes for) and the President can't do all that he wants.

--------------------

mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

quote:

I would go as far as to say it is a minority of Iranians who support the Islamist leadership, and the current direction of travel under Rouhani is in a more moderate direction. His difficulty is that there is still a rabid Supreme Leader (who no-one votes for) and the President can't do all that he wants.

--------------------

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

I must say I find the Kerry-Obama Parthian shot pathetic: Too little, far too late.

--------------------
Love wins

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016