homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Purgatory   » Can the Queen disinvite Trump? (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Can the Queen disinvite Trump?
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by North East Quine:
According to the Sunday Times (behind a paywall, so no link) Trump has said that he does not want to meet Prince Charles, but would prefer to meet Prince William.

Picky blighter, isn't he? Does he have the right to lay down the rules to his hosts?

In ancient times, this would be breach of the unbreachable laws of hospitality, wouldn't it? And subject to nemesis in some way.

What is infuriating me at the moment is the way the Tories keep blethering on about him being legitimately elected. Now one can interpret legitimately as meaning according to law, which is true, but they sometimes omit that adjective, and imply that he is the chosen one of the US people in some magic way which makes him proper. (They make the same sort of argument for themselves, of course.)

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny S:
quote:
According to the Sunday Times (behind a paywall, so no link) Trump has said that he does not want to meet Prince Charles, but would prefer to meet Prince William.

Picky blighter, isn't he? Does he have the right to lay down the rules to his hosts?
About as much right as he has to tell other countries who their ambassadors should be. Which hasn't stopped him.

quote:
What is infuriating me at the moment is the way the Tories keep blethering on about him being legitimately elected. Now one can interpret legitimately as meaning according to law, which is true, but they sometimes omit that adjective, and imply that he is the chosen one of the US people in some magic way which makes him proper. (They make the same sort of argument for themselves, of course.)
A rather uncommon consistency in our government.

--------------------
Don't Brexit if you haven't a scooby how to fix it.

Posts: 31740 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If T does meet with the queen, I hope she has very visible guards close by at all times, plus the corgis. I don't think she's type, which seems to be anyone younger than he is. But better safe than sorry. And if he meets with William, Katherine should be nowhere near. Seriously.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?"--Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon"
--"I'm not giving up--and neither should you." --SNL

Posts: 17246 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amika
Shipmate
# 15785

- Posted      Profile for Amika   Email Amika   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Louise:

The Queen will do what she's asked by the Prime Minister as that's what she does, but people who embrace Trump and drive ahead this visit are embracing a large unflushable turd and all the perfumes of Araby won't sweeten that.

Agree with everything you wrote there.

[Overused]

Posts: 146 | From: Ingerland | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I think he should be introduced to Sir Mo Farah.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 23806 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And the Mayor of London, of course.
Posts: 3706 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nick Tamen

Ship's Wayfaring Fool
# 15164

- Posted      Profile for Nick Tamen     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
What is infuriating me at the moment is the way the Tories keep blethering on about him being legitimately elected. Now one can interpret legitimately as meaning according to law, which is true....

One can not only interpret it that way, that is the primary definition of "legitimately." "Legitimately elected according to law" would be redundant.

I'm horrified that Trump won the election, but win it he did. The fact that he lost the popular vote is totally irrelevant, except perhaps to the question of any mandate he might have. Under the rules of the game, he didn't have to win the popular vote to be elected.

Claims that The Dear Tweeter was not legitimately elected, like the protests of "he's not my president" are, in my opinion, not helpful at all in dealing with the disturbing reality that he is president.

--------------------
The first thing God says to Moses is, "Take off your shoes." We are on holy ground. Hard to believe, but the truest thing I know. — Anne Lamott

Posts: 2346 | From: On heaven-crammed earth | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Of course HM can withdraw the invitation to Mr Trump: it would be unprecedented but it could be done; however, she won't since to withdraw the invitation would be seen - by HM at least - as being unspeakably rude.

It is not for any visiting Head of State to dictate to The Queen who they should or should not meet, and nor does the government have any say over which memebers of the royal family are included in things like state banquets, formal welcomes, etc.

The Prince of Wales will be heavily involved because he will become head of state, and because at 91 and 96 The Queen and Prince Philip are starting to handover some of the more onerous bits of things like this.

So Mr Trump wishes to meet the Duke of Cambridge? I doubt if Prince William is so anxious, and if I were him I'd do my best to make sure The Donald didn't get within 20 miles of my wife.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4514 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There is an excellent royal precedent, set by the first Elizabeth. If I were the royals I would not hesitate to 'fall crafty sick', even at the last moment. The Queen, at her age, is especially suited to this.
And the ladies are always carrying handbags. Get a sturdy leather one, as big as possible. Hold it front and center, never moving it, and your pussy is shielded from tiny-finger groping.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer

Posts: 4908 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Though one of the cartoons I've seen suggests that letting him get behind one might be risky, too.
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Linky, pretty please?

IJ

--------------------
The future is another country - they might do things differently there...

Posts: 8023 | From: With The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

Sorry, it's completely escaped me where I saw it. But it had Putin grabbing DT between the legs as DT was grabbing a woman in the same way. Not sure if it was in Private Eye which I perused in the supermarket. I've checked out the #ActLikeAPresident tweets (which I found from the #dress like a woman lot) - not there. And run a search on Putin Trump cartoons with no luck.
Sorry

It might have been shown in one of the "Every Second Counts" videos.

[ 07. February 2017, 16:59: Message edited by: Penny S ]

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not to worry.

Private Eye sounds about right, though!

IJ

--------------------

Posts: 8023 | From: With The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
TBH, I think MH is quite capable of looking after herself, and may well find that her heir is the best person to meet with Trump. Just for the hell of it.

Which would be extremely funny.

Yes, I wouldn't let any of the royal ladies near him, given a choice. If he tried it on with anyone, he would be at risk of causing a diplomatic incident. But Trump will be in trouble anyway, as it won't all be about him. I suspect he will hate his visit here.

--------------------
Blog
My books for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18309 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, he'll adore it. He'll insist on many pictures of himself at that palace, etc. Tip: deny him the images. No cameras.

--------------------

Carex
Shipmate
# 9643

- Posted      Profile for Carex   Email Carex   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Picky blighter, isn't he?...
Of course he doesn't want to meet Charles - he doesn't have a hot wife.
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Ouch!

[Overused]

IJ

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carex:
quote:
quote:

Picky blighter, isn't he?...
I see this differently. Given his Twitter fascination with Robert Pattinson, I think Trump has mistaken William for Harry.

--------------------
So goodnight moon, I want the sun
If it's not here soon, I might be done
No it won't be too soon 'til I say goodnight moon

- A. N. Parsley, D. Mcvinni

Posts: 16056 | From: out of the corner of your eye | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

[Killing me] [Overused] [Killing me]

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by L'organist:
It is not for any visiting Head of State to dictate to The Queen who they should or should not meet, and nor does the government have any say over which memebers of the royal family are included in things like state banquets, formal welcomes, etc.

Of course a visitor can't dictate anything to anther head of state. But one of Trump's private secretaries will discuss with one of HM's what the great man would like to see, meet, do etc during the stay. It won't be dictated, but discussed. Perhaps Prince William will have other responsibilities at the time?

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 6380 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Gramps49
Shipmate
# 16378

- Posted      Profile for Gramps49   Email Gramps49   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would hope Prince William will be able to get an assignment to rescue refugees somewhere off the Turkish coast during the Trump visit, myself.
Posts: 1852 | From: Pullman WA | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged
ExclamationMark
Shipmate
# 14715

- Posted      Profile for ExclamationMark   Email ExclamationMark   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
She can but she may not
Posts: 3634 | From: A new Jerusalem | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Stephen
Shipmate
# 40

- Posted      Profile for Stephen   Email Stephen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gramps49:
I would hope Prince William will be able to get an assignment to rescue refugees somewhere off the Turkish coast during the Trump visit, myself.

Or even better take the Duck with him to show him some of the problems at first hand. He should feel priviliged - after all it's not everyone who can hitch a lift from RAF pilot ( r'td)
[Smile]

--------------------
Best Wishes
Stephen

'Be still,then, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations and I will be exalted in the earth' Ps46 v10

Posts: 3929 | From: Alto C Clef Country | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Augustine the Aleut
Shipmate
# 1472

- Posted      Profile for Augustine the Aleut     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For an activity, surely Mr Trump would be impressed by the privilege of being invited to Balmoral, HM's private estate, where he would have the honour of participating in traditional Scottish country pastimes, including Prince Philip's famed barbecues, the legendary indoor heating of Scottish castles, being piped awake at dawn, and the rare delight of being given a drive by Her Majesty, as she did so famously with then Crown Prince Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.
Posts: 6045 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Carex
Shipmate
# 9643

- Posted      Profile for Carex   Email Carex   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm sure they could arrange an early morning hunt for the wild haggis for him while he is there, too.
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

No woman wants to be alone in a car with the PGinChief. Even being in your 90s and not having big boobs might not protect you.

--------------------

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carex:
I'm sure they could arrange an early morning hunt for the wild haggis for him while he is there, too.

They would need to be careful, in case someone mistook his hair for a wild haggis.

Or, maybe being careful isn't the plan [Snigger]

--------------------

Posts: 31740 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eirenist
Shipmate
# 13343

- Posted      Profile for Eirenist         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rumour here has it that he has asked for a visit to Balmoral, and to play a round of golf on the private course there with H.M. watching. Oh, and breakfast at Blenheim, like Winston Churchill, and a tour of the Cabinet War Rooms conducted personally by the Foreign Secretary.

--------------------
'I think I think, therefore I think I am'

Posts: 368 | From: Darkest Metroland | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
posted by Carex
quote:
Not true. While the Duchess of Cornwall may not be conventionally handsome, she has more sex-appeal in her little finger than the fragrant Duchess of Cambridge. Take it from me, flicky-hair does not a temptress make.

--------------------

Posts: 4514 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by L'organist:
posted by Carex
quote:
Not true. While the Duchess of Cornwall may not be conventionally handsome, she has more sex-appeal in her little finger than the fragrant Duchess of Cambridge. Take it from me, flicky-hair does not a temptress make.
Takes all sorts I suppose.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17310 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone who uses the term "sex-appeal" to refer to that group of in-bred, self-righteous, sychophantic, entitled half-wits seriously needs to go and talk to themselves in the mirror.

If we ignored the Windsor family for more than a few seconds they might go away. Or spontaneously combust or something.

--------------------
my new book: Biblical But Bollocks. Available in all good bookshops.

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

mr cheesy
the Duchess of Cornwall is not a Windsor, she is only married to one.

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

A whimsical thought re Trumpannon at Balmoral - Himself (in a kilt, displaying Orange Legs), partnering the Duchess of Cornwall in a Military Two-Step, Scottish-style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67eAIIcdCP0&nohtml5=False

I'll get ma bonnet...and ma heid...

IJ

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
L'organist:
quote:
the Duchess of Cornwall is not a Windsor, she is only married to one.
Most people would agree that that makes her part of the family.
Posts: 3706 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Augustine the Aleut
Shipmate
# 1472

- Posted      Profile for Augustine the Aleut     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eirenist:
Rumour here has it that he has asked for a visit to Balmoral, and to play a round of golf on the private course there with H.M. watching. Oh, and breakfast at Blenheim, like Winston Churchill, and a tour of the Cabinet War Rooms conducted personally by the Foreign Secretary.

If he is such a fan of Churchill, he will likely then be pleased to take the opportunity to visit the London Central Mosque, built on the initiative of Churchill and the Cultural Centre built there was opened by His Late Majesty George VI.
Posts: 6045 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rosalind
Shipmate
# 317

- Posted      Profile for Rosalind   Author's homepage   Email Rosalind   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
Rather than huge crowds of protestors, I'd love to see empty streets and sidewalks/pavements. I know it won't happen, but for him to be totally ignored would be wonderful. If he sees big crowds (even with signs and pussy hats), he'll just brag about how he was greeted by the biggest crowds ever.

Best schedule it for August Bank Holiday when everyone will be either at Notting Hill, or the seaside
Posts: 141 | From: North Beds | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think that this says it all ... (from "Private Eye").

[ 18. February 2017, 11:35: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Posts: 8759 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

When th late Emperor Hirohito of Japan made a state visit in 1971 which was greatly resented by those who had fought in the Far East, especially those who had been prisoners of the Japanese.

Informally, and also through the Burma Star Association and organisations for ex-POWs, they managed it so that The Mall was lined by ex-servicemen who, when the state landau bearing HM and Hirohito passed, turned their backs. They were given tacit (and very unofficial) support by the police and military on parade that day, many of whom made it very clear they weren't happy.

One of my own grandfathers served in the Far East and insisted on making the long trek from rural mid-Wales to London specially...

--------------------

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hear rumours that Trump is going to be invited to Balmoral, to "avoid protesters."

The North East of Scotland's dislike of Trump pre-dates the Presidential election. The disaster that is the Menie golf course spawned the filmYou've Been Trumped

Mexican flags are frequently seen flying near the course.

Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, awarded Trump a honorary degree before the Menie Golf Course became the PR disaster that it now is. They stripped him of the honorary degree in 2015.

The area has a track record of anti-Trump sentiment. The suggestion that Trump comes here instead of London is either naive or brilliant. Protesters get to have a field day with Trump, but Westminster keeps its hands clean.

As someone posted on Facebook - it's a win / win. We prove that Scotland isn't anti-English by arranging hospitality for visiting English protestors and we get to jeer at Trump.

Posts: 6307 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wonder if he's ever tried haggis? I gather it's an acquired taste. This might be a good time to honor him with the local cuisine. [Biased] Of course, his mom was Scottish, so maybe he has a built-in taste for it.

Or perhaps take him on a hunt for a wild haggis.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?"--Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon"
--"I'm not giving up--and neither should you." --SNL

Posts: 17246 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Haggis is delicious. The problem isn't the taste, it's that some people are squeamish about the ingredients. We eat it at home at least once a month over winter; it's an easy meal as it just needs to be boiled and served with potatoes and turnip (swede).

It's also a good ingredient which goes well with other foods; chicken robroys are chicken breasts stuffed with haggis, haggis and mozzarella paninis are tasty, and haggis in filo pastry parcels is a popular restaurant starter.

I'm fairly sure someone will give Trump haggis if he visits us.

[Two face]

Posts: 6307 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Haggis is indeed very tasty, but proved to be too much for a Norwegian family staying in the same hotel as me. Haggis formed part of 'The Big Scottish Breakfast', but the Norsemen quailed before it when they found out what it was.

I was happy to assist, and had a (mostly) haggis breakfast....

In Pussygrabber's case, I could suggest suitable stuffings/accompaniments e.g. Semtex, but will refrain, as TIACW.

IJ

--------------------

bib
Shipmate
# 13074

- Posted      Profile for bib     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think he should be exposed to all the corgis while being encouraged to wear a kilt. The more we can discomfit this man the more I will be content.

--------------------
"My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End, accept the praise I bring"

Posts: 1262 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

- Posted      Profile for Crœsos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For those who are squeamish, there's always vegetarian haggis in a can.

I'm always surprised at the ingenuity of product development folks, the kind of people who will come up with something the world didn't know it needed.

--------------------
Humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 10175 | From: Sardis, Lydia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

quote:
Originally posted by Crœsos:
there's always vegetarian haggis in a can.

That's an abomination on at least two counts.

The only plus point is that when thrown not even the Hair™ will prevent it knocking some sense into his head.

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

From the manufacturer's website:

'Many people ask us how we produce a Vegetarian Haggis and we’re happy to let them in on a little secret – we only feed them on grass and heather!'

[Killing me]

IJ

--------------------

Enoch
Shipmate
# 14322

- Posted      Profile for Enoch   Email Enoch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm English, well except for ¼ Scottish, and I love haggis.

Also, by the way, you can microwave it quickly and easily. And if you're not Scottish, you don't have to have neaps with it, which I'll eat but don't eat by choice.

--------------------
Brexit wrexit - Sir Graham Watson

Posts: 7094 | From: Bristol UK(was European Green Capital 2015, now Ljubljana) | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
HM must do as she is advised, but she is also entitled to give advice. As Balmoral is her private property (and she paid relevant death duties on it and Sandringham when her father died) she could well give advice to Ms May that at her age, she'd rather not have Trump as her guest, not even a flying visit. She might just stretch to asking him to afternoon tea were he to stay at his local golf course, but she's not going to have him, not with all his security staff running around the place.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 6380 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Haggis is delicious.

Yes indeed. Well, except for that canned abomination, but no true haggis...

quote:
The problem isn't the taste, it's that some people are squeamish about the ingredients.
Usually people who will eat a sausage without batting an eyelid, or asking which bits of the animal were involved.
Posts: 4477 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
From the manufacturer's website:

'Many people ask us how we produce a Vegetarian Haggis and we’re happy to let them in on a little secret – we only feed them on grass and heather!'

Veggie haggis doesn't have to come in a tin, although clearly it can't come in sheep's stomach ...

Our local sausage shop has recently gone over from MacSween's haggis to Ramsay's of Carluke, which is excellent.

Posts: 8759 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016