homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Purgatory   » Can the Queen disinvite Trump? (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Can the Queen disinvite Trump?
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes indeed. I wonder how many people in the UK would be bothered, though, to turn out, and stand in the street, just to see The Great Orange Wen pass by?

A few tourists, maybe, and the odd (very odd) red-neck from USAnia, but no-one else would care, would they?

Unless they were wearing one of the wonderful pussy-hats, now so freely available?

[Two face]

IJ

--------------------
The future is another country - they might do things differently there...

Posts: 8352 | From: With The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by L'organist:
If Trump cannot be disinvited then the UK should respond in two ways. News coverage kept to the minimum and population of London ignoring presence of the petulant one.

Invite both Trump & Obama. Thousands show up to shake Obama's hand, listen to his resonate speaking voice, do push-ups with Michelle. He receives some appropriate honorific from the Queen. Trump stands before a podium in an empty hall. Queen says "hello" while fixing him with that trademark withering stare that says "I'm watching you."

Then watch the Trumpsters claim his crowd was the bigliest in UK history.

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 10804 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cliffdweller:
Invite both Trump & Obama. Thousands show up to shake Obama's hand, listen to his resonate speaking voice, do push-ups with Michelle. He receives some appropriate honorific from the Queen. Trump stands before a podium in an empty hall. Queen says "hello" while fixing him with that trademark withering stare that says "I'm watching you."

Then watch the Trumpsters claim his crowd was the bigliest in UK history.

I love this idea! (And please, may Barack and Michelle ride in the gold coach?)

--------------------
Don't keep calm. Go change the world.

Posts: 9205 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, this would be lovely. Absolutely impossible, but what a vision... (drifts off in happy fantasy)

Alternately, she could invite Comey.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 19894 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gramps49
Shipmate
# 16378

- Posted      Profile for Gramps49   Email Gramps49   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I get the impression Ms. May regrets the pictures of her holding hands with Mr. Trump in the White House Rose Garden.

If she wants to keep the PM job, I think it would be to her advantage to delay honoring that invitation for at least a couple of years to give us time to remove him from office. Four, at the most.

And, no, in no way would I be offended if Trump would be disinvited by your Parliment.

Posts: 1866 | From: Pullman WA | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
According to The Grauniad, Trump's visit to the UK is now on hold.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13442 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
According to The Grauniad, Trump's visit to the UK is now on hold.

[Killing me]

--------------------
Improbable Botany

Posts: 8579 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
O Lord, we really, really, really wanna thank you for being such a really, really, really, wonderful God, and granting us this, the smallest of the really, really, really great mercies you have vouchsafed to us in our recent trials and triubulations....

IJ

--------------------

Posts: 8352 | From: With The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Political turmoils, an excellent and unassailable excuse to put off visits. Yes, you are to be congratulated. There is no case on record in which anyone has ever gotten anything helpful from contact with Lyin' Don.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 5174 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

If someone were to sabotage his tanning lotion, he might become so tarry-visaged as to be either (a) arrested on sight in the UK, or (b) refused re-entry into the USA on suspicion of being not only brown, but a Muslim .....

I think I need to check my meds.

IJ

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
If someone were to sabotage his tanning lotion, he might become so tarry-visaged as to be either (a) arrested on sight in the UK, or (b) refused re-entry into the USA on suspicion of being not only brown, but a Muslim .....

I think I need to check my meds.

IJ

Has anyone ever seen his birth certificate?
[Snigger]

--------------------

Ohher
Shipmate
# 18607

- Posted      Profile for Ohher   Author's homepage   Email Ohher   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No need; we have pix of him dancing with the Saudis.

--------------------
From the Land of the Native American Brave and the Home of the Buy-One-Get-One-Free

Posts: 136 | From: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

It seems as though The Visitation Of The Saviour Of The World to lil'ol England may still go ahead...

...unless security forces can persuade Him that His Orange Skin might be in jeopardy, perhaps.

Can't find the link at the moment, but I think it was on BBC News (and therefore True).

IJ

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Here it is:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40241220

[Disappointed]

IJ

--------------------

Gramps49
Shipmate
# 16378

- Posted      Profile for Gramps49   Email Gramps49   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
THIS IS BREAKING FAST

One hour ago, BBC reported Trump still was planning on visiting Britain.

Eight minutes ago the New York Times is saying it may be delayed--even canceled Report Here.

Three reasons given:

Trump does not want to see all the protests.

He got too tired the last time

He prefers having world leaders come to HIM--the almighty one.

Posts: 1866 | From: Pullman WA | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged
cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gramps49:
THIS IS BREAKING FAST

One hour ago, BBC reported Trump still was planning on visiting Britain.

Eight minutes ago the New York Times is saying it may be delayed--even canceled Report Here.

Three reasons given:

Trump does not want to see all the protests.

He got too tired the last time

He prefers having world leaders come to HIM--the almighty one.

So now that you have all those gold coaches and deluxe fancy-pants presidential suites gone empty, have you got room for-- oh, about 65 million of your former colonists who are having a change of heart?

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 10804 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
So now that you have all those gold coaches and deluxe fancy-pants presidential suites gone empty, have you got room for-- oh, about 65 million of your former colonists who are having a change of heart?

We're going to be looking for large numbers of people to staff the NHS and pick strawberries. The only catch is you won't be able to afford to live closer than two hours' commute away from your work, or five hours' if you have to use Southern Rail.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10225 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

already trying to learn the words to "God save the Queen..."

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Last September Mr. Trump released a glowing medical report and claimed that “he had better stamina than anyone else” and “bragged of his strength and endurance on the campaign trail” ( New York Times, 15 September 2016).

But then again, today’s New York Times article cited by Gramps49 mentioned that he “was visiting his golf course in Bedminster, N.J., over the weekend.” This is the jerk who criticized how much President Obama played golf ("I'm going to be working for you; I'm not going to have time to go play golf," Trump said during a 2016 event in Virginia”) -- and guess who’s spent more weekends on his various golf courses than any other President.

Inconsistency, thy name is Trump.

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

It looks like he might need to learn La Marseillaise first (link in French) [Eek!]

Macron raises his poker game once again!

--------------------
One has to take part. Scary as it is. - Martin60
Jerusalem is a city without walls

Posts: 16959 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eutychus:
quote:

It looks like he might need to learn La Marseillaise first (link in French) [Eek!]

Macron raises his poker game once again!

What on earth is the less-orange president up to? Is there some kind of trolling involved? Will the 14 July celebrations involve a revival of the guillotine?

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2098 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Like I say, I think it's a game of chicken. Macron's previous coup was staging Putin's state visit at Versailles. He's good at this kind of stuff.

Also, attending the 14th of July celebrations would not involve Trump being anywhere near any protestors.

--------------------

Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

- Posted      Profile for Crœsos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Google translation into English.

--------------------
Humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 10254 | From: Sardis, Lydia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

quote:
quote:

Not Trump-- ME! I'm learning "God save the Queen" in hopes she'll turn the page, wipe the slate clean, and let 65 million or so of her former colonists back in the empire. No hard feelings???
[Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think I am officially in a country run by Nicholas Machiavel.

I suspect “game of chicken” is right. Trump must know somewhere in the bottom of what passes for his heart that he is, ahem, not liked on this side of the Atlantic. Now he’s gone cold on visiting her Maj because people might be mean to him, Manu is needling him with another offer he’ll be too scared to take up.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
lver--

"Manu"?

Thanks.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?"--Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon"
--"I'm not giving up--and neither should you." --SNL

Posts: 17448 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

A guess - 'Manu' is short for 'Emmanuel', oui ?

IJ

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

As my local Catholic archbishop referred to him in conversation recently, "Our Emmanuel of Paris".

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
cliffdweller:
quote:
I'm learning "God save the Queen" in hopes she'll turn the page, wipe the slate clean, and let 65 million or so of her former colonists back in the empire. No hard feelings???
[Killing me]

Are you sure you really want to come, if Mayhem and Co. get their way and privatise the NHS?

Parts of the US might prefer to be readmitted to the Spanish Empire. Then you'd have guaranteed membership of the EU. And Louisiana could rejoin France...

Posts: 3779 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Michael Flanders' final remark, before beginning the song, is worthy of note:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vh-wEXvdW8

IJ

--------------------

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry. Manu is the standard diminutive for Emmanuel.

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Which, of course, being interpreted, means God with us.

Is M. Macron about to take over the Lordship Of The World from The Odious Orange Ozymandias?

[Help]

IJ

--------------------

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

Meh. Not sure about that. Much as I’m enjoying Macron’s game-playing with Trump (remember the weaponised handshake), I think we have to accept that the Leader of the Free World these days is Angela Merkel. Which gives us the consolation of knowing that even though Hillary didn’t get elected, a woman still ended up with the job.

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Even though I'm a bloke, I tend to agree....though I still wish the USAnians would send us Michelle Obama to Rule Over Us....

[Overused]

IJ

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

He's said yes. Your move, Manu.

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Manu's a banker, isn't he? I am sure he has dealt with people like the Odious Orange Ozymandias before...
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

ISTM that Manu's tactics so far are mostly about saying "I'm not scared of you, you big vulgar orange monster. Oh and by the way, I'm with her (points at Frau Merkel)."

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, so Manu is from Marcon's first name. Thx.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?"--Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon"
--"I'm not giving up--and neither should you." --SNL

Posts: 17448 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ohher
Shipmate
# 18607

- Posted      Profile for Ohher   Author's homepage   Email Ohher   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jane R:
Manu's a banker, isn't he? I am sure he has dealt with people like the Odious Orange Ozymandias before...

!!! There are others like the OOO? OMG . . .

--------------------
From the Land of the Native American Brave and the Home of the Buy-One-Get-One-Free

Posts: 136 | From: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged
Nick Tamen

Ship's Wayfaring Fool
# 15164

- Posted      Profile for Nick Tamen     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ohher:
quote:

!!! There are others like the OOO? OMG . . .
Sure there are. The OOO is just the bigliest of them.

--------------------
The first thing God says to Moses is, "Take off your shoes." We are on holy ground. Hard to believe, but the truest thing I know. — Anne Lamott

Posts: 2396 | From: On heaven-crammed earth | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

I rather like the way my name for trump - The Odious Orange Ozymandias - has caught on (possibly assisted by alliteration's amazingly artful and amusing aid).

Feel free to use it, all, though My People will be getting in touch with Your People in due time.

[Two face]

IJ

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
I rather like the way my name for trump - The Odious Orange Ozymandias - has caught on (possibly assisted by alliteration's amazingly artful and amusing aid).

Feel free to use it, all, though My People will be getting in touch with Your People in due time.

Thank you oh Ale Approving Alliterator, I have just used it in a Guardian comment .

[Big Grin]

Your cheque is in the post.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 12421 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Well done!

[Snigger]

(The royalties, of course, will all be donated to Charry Tee.)

IJ

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

Has anyone noticed that the initials OOO look like zero-zero-zero? It's as if he tried to become the Antichrist (666) but failed to make the grade...
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

quote:
Has anyone noticed that the initials OOO look like zero-zero-zero? It's as if he tried to become the Antichrist (666) but failed to make the grade...

Or else he just won a game of Tic Tac Toe.

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The headline says it all: Trump Confirms London Trip. He also promises to sign a 'very powerful trade deal.' Lock up your silver, okay? And make sure he pays in advance for everything. Do not agree to bill him later!

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I know where the power in that Very powerful trade deal will be. The UK will be swallowed up like a forty year old virgin.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 23848 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Eirenist
Shipmate
# 13343

- Posted      Profile for Eirenist         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It looks very much as if our Trade Secretary is committed in advance to some sort of deal with the Americans. Do I detect echoes of 'I will be with you whatever'?

Truly, the patients are running the mental hospital.

--------------------
'I think I think, therefore I think I am'

Posts: 380 | From: Darkest Metroland | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

I wonder if Trump will actually go or if he'll send Ivanka in his place.

And I hope he remembers to make hotel reservations this time. (Actually I hope he forgets...)

I do realize that someone on his staff should have made those arrangements for him, but the fact that this wasn't done shows what an incompetent staff he has appointed.

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

Don't let the sons anywhere near animals, and consider investing in chastity belts for female staff. I am sure he does not know the meaning of the term 'vagina dentata' and it would be a service to the nation if you educated him.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016