homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Purgatory   » BREAKING--Two State Solution officially dead. (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: BREAKING--Two State Solution officially dead.
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
My Jesus would have said to Britain, "You have no right to create a state of European immigrants in the middle east and supplant the people now living there."

I think he might have taken the 1948 UN partition plan as the best of bad available options.

--------------------
arse

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mudfrog:
It seems to me that from the day after the State of Israel was created, when the Arabs attacked her, the Israelis just can't win.

The problem goes back a long way before the state of Israel was created, which was itself hardly excusable except by appeal to Euroguilt. This kind of tunnel vision doesn't help anything.

Oh, and Israel wasn't acknowledged by the UN until 1949.

Oh, and Israel has no right to occupy but not annex the territories for half a century in defiance of the Geneva Conventions.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mr cheesy:
quote:
My Jesus would have said to Britain, "You have no right to create a state of European immigrants in the middle east and supplant the people now living there."

I think he might have taken the 1948 UN partition plan as the best of bad available options.
As I said the problem started long before 1948. Unless Jesus has no foresight he wouldn't have let it get so far.

The existence of the Zionist enclaves in Palestine starting in the late 1800s was de facto ethnic cleansing, and the ethnic cleansing has been going on steadily ever since.

--------------------

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
'My Jesus' would have said to the Arabs "Render unto Israel that which is Israel's."

The Arabs had no right to attack a UN-recognised Sovereign state; not in 1948 and not in 1967 either.

So why didn't He?

The Arabs had no right to behave like any other ethne when faced by an invasion?

Your Jesus should have stopped the dumping by failed Christian states (including Russia) of the most significant non-Christian minority they had nearly annihiliated.

Why didn't your Jesus do anything about the thousand years of pogroms culminating in the Holocaust?

Only the Muslim Arabs, born of failed Christian imperialism which continued after their early years should have been Christian?

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

The existence of the Zionist enclaves in Palestine starting in the late 1800s was de facto ethnic cleansing, and the ethnic cleansing has been going on steadily ever since.

Mmm. Not really. Mostly they bought land off people who were ready to sell it.

There have indeed been various efforts at ethnic cleansing throughout the history of the blasted pile of rocks we call Jerusalem, but it is hard to say that random small groups of Zionists in the 1800s were practicing it.

Nobody is blameless in this.

The only difference at the moment is that the Israeli settler state has the upper hand, largely because of assistance from the USA (who are the largest source of the most militant settlers and who represent a very large proportion of the population of modern Israel, along with immigrants from Russia). And thus the cycle of violence continues.

--------------------
arse

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Jesus approved of the British Empire otherwise?

My Jesus argues with your Jesus, and with everyone else's Jesuses*. And they all come with pointed sticks and throwing out money-changers attitudes.

*is this the plural of Jesus or perhaps Jesi given the 'us' ending

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
'My Jesus' would have said to the Arabs "Render unto Israel that which is Israel's."

Bullshit. Even if one buys into the middle-east manifest destiny rubbish, by that logic Israel blew it and got ejected. God provided no miracle reentrance. Again, believing that God, your Christian God of love and benevolence, cares more about land than people is ridiculous.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by no prophet's flag is set so...:
quote:

My Jesus argues with your Jesus, and with everyone else's Jesuses*. And they all come with pointed sticks and throwing out money-changers attitudes.

*is this the plural of Jesus or perhaps Jesi given the 'us' ending

Bleedin' GREEK ennit?! Therefore Jesudes. Assuming a 3rd declension noun.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

Sod it. You're right. Jesus is Latin. Jesi. Iesus is transliterated Greek, if not Iesous. So Ies[o]udes.

--------------------
Love wins

TurquoiseTastic

Fish of a different color
# 8978

- Posted      Profile for TurquoiseTastic   Email TurquoiseTastic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perhaps he would say "Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?" (Luke 12:14)
Posts: 1092 | From: Hants., UK | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by mr cheesy:
quote:

Mmm. Not really. Mostly they bought land off people who were ready to sell it.
Mostly bought off absentee landlords in Turkey who were previously able to squeeze the land from its former Palestinian owners due to changes in the tax code. So the willingness of the sellers doesn't really signify.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by no prophet's flag is set so...:
quote:

There's a non sequitur for the ages.

"X disapproved of Y doing Z"
"Ah, so X approved of everything else Y did?"

Everything else Y did isn't the subject of this thread. Try to stay on topic, wouldja?

--------------------

mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

quote:
Mostly bought off absentee landlords in Turkey who were previously able to squeeze the land from its former Palestinian owners due to changes in the tax code. So the willingness of the sellers doesn't really signify.

It shows that in the chaotic history of 19 century Jerusalem there is considerable uncertainty about exactly who owned what. Yes, wealthy Jewish philanthropists were coming in and buying up land to build new estates. But the whole place was a mess, the suggestion that these small groups of ideologue zionists were somehow conducting ethnic cleansing is likely bogus.

There is a better case for saying that Peasants Revolt of the 1830s led to ethnic cleansing - due to the mass executions and deportation of (some say) 10,000 men.

Some say that the first mass migration of Jews began in 1882, comprised of around 30,000 people - of which 50% or more left again.

The demographics of the place was in flux, with various religious from lots of nationalities, Europeans and other migrants constantly coming and going. There was no simple "ethnic cleansing" which can be charged against the Jews.

--------------------
arse

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Fair enough

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016