homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Purgatory   » UK General Election June 8th 2017 (Page 23)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  32  33  34 

Source: (consider it) Thread: UK General Election June 8th 2017
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gee D:
quote:
Originally posted by Penny S:
It can't. The sort of people who are going to vote for the loss of the Britain we grew up, where people were cared for are not the sort to listen to the still small voice on the way into the polling station. They didn't hear in the referendum, or in the presidential election in the US, and they are very, very unlikely to hear tomorrow.

And you can blame the Labour Party and its selection of Corbyn for that. With a good, strong leader (and ignoring any effect a strongly Remain Labour leader would have had in the referendum) the most the Tories could reasonably have assumed was being in power until 2020. The chances of a revived Labour Party then coming back into power would have been pretty strong and the Tory damage in the short interval minimal. Now there'll almost certainly be another 5 years to dismantle the system to which you refer. Perhaps some Labour in-fighting will lead to an even longer period in opposition.
That reminds me of generals who stand at the back shouting, forwards. Who exactly is this good strong leader? The Blairites are washed up, so we will await a new generation. I suppose Starmer is the coming thing - tie me down, the excitement is overwhelming.

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
lowlands_boy
Shipmate
# 12497

- Posted      Profile for lowlands_boy   Email lowlands_boy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by quetzalcoatl:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Penny S:
It can't. The sort of people who are going to vote for the loss of the Britain we grew up, where people were cared for are not the sort to listen to the still small voice on the way into the polling station. They didn't hear in the referendum, or in the presidential election in the US, and they are very, very unlikely to hear tomorrow.

And you can blame the Labour Party and its selection of Corbyn for that. With a good, strong leader (and ignoring any effect a strongly Remain Labour leader would have had in the referendum) the most the Tories could reasonably have assumed was being in power until 2020. The chances of a revived Labour Party then coming back into power would have been pretty strong and the Tory damage in the short interval minimal. Now there'll almost certainly be another 5 years to dismantle the system to which you refer. Perhaps some Labour in-fighting will lead to an even longer period in opposition.
That reminds me of generals who stand at the back shouting, forwards. Who exactly is this good strong leader? The Blairites are washed up, so we will await a new generation. I suppose Starmer is the coming thing - tie me down, the excitement is overwhelming.
It will be fascinating to see what all the Corbyn haters amongst the parliamentary party do if he gets as far as a hung parliament or maybe even wins. So perhaps discussion should wait until after the results.

I think the leader should have been David Milliband, rather than his brother. I think he would have stuffed Cameron in 2015, then we wouldn't have had Brexit, and we wouldn't be having another one now....

--------------------
I thought I should update my signature line....

Posts: 836 | From: North West UK | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
David Milliband would have been a much better choice IMHO.

Now all of you off and vote. Remember the adage: Vote early, vote often and vote for the dead.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
lowlands_boy
Shipmate
# 12497

- Posted      Profile for lowlands_boy   Email lowlands_boy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Now all of you off and vote. Remember the adage: Vote early, vote often and vote for the dead.

My wife voted very early, and I voted about 10:30. I reckon we could both go back later and vote again with our offspring's polling cards. Two out of three ain't bad....

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've just voted and was cheered to see a gaggle of young folks coming out of the hut, chatting away, clearly having voted for the first time.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lowlands_boy:
quote:

My wife voted very early, and I voted about 10:30. I reckon we could both go back later and vote again with our offspring's polling cards. Two out of three ain't bad....
Wait until the day shift at the polling have knocked off [Biased]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
chris stiles
Shipmate
# 12641

- Posted      Profile for chris stiles   Email chris stiles   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I think the leader should have been David Milliband, rather than his brother. I think he would have stuffed Cameron in 2015, then we wouldn't have had Brexit, and we wouldn't be having another one now....

Possibly. Subsequent events don't seem to indicate that David Milliband had much of an appetite for leadership - he left parliament shortly after, after all. One interpretation would be that he was happy to run as long as he thought he could win fairly easily - he could well have stayed on in politics, he chose not to.
Posts: 4035 | From: Berkshire | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Purely anecdotal, but the consensus in our tea room over lunch was that pollig stations this morning in various locations around Glasgow were busier than normal suggesting that there might be a decent turnout, despite the rain.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I live next to a polling station and just walked past another two. Haven't seen an actual voter at all yet. But then it is raining really heavily so maybe there will be a rush later.

--------------------
arse

Mark Wuntoo
Shipmate
# 5673

- Posted      Profile for Mark Wuntoo   Email Mark Wuntoo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At 11.15 this morning 200 people had voted at our station - about average I was told. BUT we are a very very very safe Labour seat (so I voted .... arrgh mustn't say).
Good to hear the young are voting in one place.

--------------------
Blessed are the cracked for they let in the light.

Posts: 1950 | From: Somewhere else. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My local Polling Station was fairly busy at about 11am, and the one based in Our Place's [church] hall was also doing brisk business an hour or so later (including, I'm pleased to say, a number of young people, some of whom are probably students who live in the parish).

No rain yet, just the usual June Gloom...

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I'm always surprised that we don't have to produce ID to be able to vote.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
O, we will, one day....probably quite soon.

And for just about everything else in our Brave New Right Wing World....

[Disappointed]

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
TurquoiseTastic

Fish of a different color
# 8978

- Posted      Profile for TurquoiseTastic   Email TurquoiseTastic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think we most certainly *should* have to produce ID in order to vote. The system at the moment is wide open to fraud as far as I can see.
Posts: 1092 | From: Hants., UK | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Callan
Shipmate
# 525

- Posted      Profile for Callan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chris stiles:
quote:

Possibly. Subsequent events don't seem to indicate that David Milliband had much of an appetite for leadership - he left parliament shortly after, after all. One interpretation would be that he was happy to run as long as he thought he could win fairly easily - he could well have stayed on in politics, he chose not to.
The trouble with the Blairites, generally, that with the exception of The Master, himself, and the excellent Liz Kendall they have no talent for dealing with adversity. In the parallel universe in which David Miliband won the Labour Leadership, Ed would have served loyally in the Shadow Cabinet rather than briefing any journalist who would listen about how hurt he was before buggering off to a high paid job in the States. Ed had a bucket of ess-aitch-one-tee poured over him on a daily basis as Labour leader and it's unlikely that David would have been treated differently by the press. I doubt that he would have comported himself with the resilience and good humour that Ed showed.

If Labour made a mistake in 2010 (assuming that leaving Harriet in charge of the shop whilst a safe seat was found for The Master wasn't on the cards) it was voting for the Wrong Ed rather than the Wrong Brother.

--------------------
How easy it would be to live in England, if only one did not love her. - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 9757 | From: Citizen of the World | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Whatever.

No doubt there will be complete covfefe tonight and tomorrow, but I have an urgent appointment with a bottle of Jura (a nice malt from the Scottish island shaped, perhaps appropriately, like a teardrop..).

[Two face]

IJ

--------------------

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TurquoiseTastic:
I think we most certainly *should* have to produce ID in order to vote. The system at the moment is wide open to fraud as far as I can see.

And, yet, there is virtually no evidence that any voter fraud actually takes place. Instigating a national id scheme simply to prevent electoral fraud that isn't happening is a severe overkill, not to mention very expensive. Introducing an id scheme to help reduce financial fraud through identity theft has more legs to it, but that's balanced by the fact that if a criminal gets hold of such id they would be able to do even more mayhem.

--------------------

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Garden Hermit
Shipmate
# 109

- Posted      Profile for Garden Hermit     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:
quote:
Originally posted by TurquoiseTastic:

And, yet, there is virtually no evidence that any voter fraud actually takes place. Instigating a national id scheme simply to prevent electoral fraud that isn't happening is a severe overkill, not to mention very expensive. Introducing an id scheme to help reduce financial fraud through identity theft has more legs to it, but that's balanced by the fact that if a criminal gets hold of such id they would be able to do even more mayhem.
We had 26 people with the same name registered at one address in Reading about 5 years ago. There was a prosecution but I don't know the result. Certainly in my home Country of Northern Ireland - home of Gerrymandering - the catch phrase was Vote Early, Vote often. Dead People still on the Electoral Register had their 'votes' cast for them. It was widely reported in Worthing that Care Managers used to fill in all the Postal Ballots for their choice of candidate. But prevention of course is better than cure.
Posts: 1413 | From: Reading UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Problem is that just because there isn't evidence doesn't mean it isn't happening. I think it is actually quite easy to be on the electoral register in more than one place (eg as a student) and therefore to be sent two voting cards in different constituencies.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that this was happening as it would be almost impossible to detect.

--------------------
arse

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mr cheesy:
Problem is that just because there isn't evidence doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Well, in that case, it is Venusians who mostly vote. [Biased]
Given that many people can't be arsed to vote once...

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
stonespring
Shipmate
# 15530

- Posted      Profile for stonespring     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would support voter ID laws if the government a) had the ability to and b) was willing to expend the resources to ensure every citizen had the required ID free of charge. The burden should be on the state to walk every citizen through the process of obtaining ID, especially for the elderly, poor, disabled, etc. If anyone is caught in a Kafkaesque bureaucratic nightmare proving where they were born or who their parents were, the state should have the responsibility of clearing that up - especially when the lack of correct documents is due to a clerical error by a state worker, the burning down of the hospital or state office building holding documents, etc.
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't see how voter ID would prevent fraud, unless there was a central database each and every polling station had access to for the full 15 hours of voting. And we all know the government's record (any and all governments) on IT projects.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well the Guardian live blog seems to be mentioning a lots of instances where people are being turned away from polling stations dues to registers not being up to date or confusion about people with dual nationality. I can imagine what would happen if you did need official id before voting.
Although I detest May and her motley crew I hope she gets enough of a small majority to start the Brexit negotiations. At least when the whole thing goes horribly wrong she can't blame anyone else. If she gets a big majority though I'm not going to be happy. [Frown]

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Isn't the Guardian being a bit quick off the mark giving an assessment of the result on the day of the poll before the polls close?

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
They're allowed to report about the mechanics of the poll, as long as they don't say how people voted.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

- Posted      Profile for SusanDoris   Author's homepage   Email SusanDoris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sarasa:
If she gets a big majority though I'm not going to be happy. [Frown]

I am!! [Smile]

--------------------
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Posts: 3083 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
Isn't the Guardian being a bit quick off the mark giving an assessment of the result on the day of the poll before the polls close?

It feels like they're sailing close to the wind, but I think they're talking about polls taken before today. If they were talking about polls of people who had already voted today, that appears to me to be against the law.

In other news, though, there are some quite disturbing stories about people who have been turned away from the polling stations because the electoral rolls being used were not up-to-date. Clearly that shouldn't happen.

--------------------
arse

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:

That would certainly be illegal in France in either case.

You have to go and find out from the Belgians.

[ 08. June 2017, 18:49: Message edited by: Eutychus ]

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Luigi
Shipmate
# 4031

- Posted      Profile for Luigi   Email Luigi   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This explains things I think (3rd paragraph).
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

The "proper" exit polls are usually super accurate, so we'll be getting a pretty good idea of the result soon after the polls close at 10.

--------------------
arse

Luigi
Shipmate
# 4031

- Posted      Profile for Luigi   Email Luigi   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The "proper" exit polls are usually super accurate, so we'll be getting a pretty good idea of the result soon after the polls close at 10.

Yep - I think that is because instead of guessing who is going to vote. They are asking people who have voted. I guess I am stating the bleeding obvious here!

Personally I'd like the French system so that you pretty much know the result well before you go to bed.

[ 08. June 2017, 19:29: Message edited by: Luigi ]

mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

quote:
Originally posted by Luigi:
Yep - I think that is because instead of guessing who is going to vote. They are asking people who have voted. I guess I am stating the bleeding obvious here!

Personally I'd like the French system so that you pretty much know the result well before you go to bed.

Mostly it is because they're done by statisticians using models which have proved in the past to be very accurate. See here.

Unfortunately by the time we know the result of the exit poll, it's a bit academic how accurate it is because the polls have already closed and we get the real result a few hours later.

[ 08. June 2017, 19:32: Message edited by: mr cheesy ]

--------------------
arse

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've made my bingo card for tonight. How many of these can we tick off (or, if you're brave, have a drink) before the night is out:
  • "Lessons will need to be learned"
  • "Loud and clear"
  • Politician pretending they can't hear the studio
  • Silly costume on platform
  • Ex cabinet minister giving their prognostications
  • "How has Brexit affected…?"
  • Mind-boggling graphics
  • George Galloway
  • Glum look before the results are announced
  • "It's been a disastrous night for…"
  • "Message to politicians"
  • Winning candidate being lifted up by their team
  • Interrupting someone to go live to a result
  • Panel with only white men on it
  • Returning officer loving their 5 minutes of fame
  • "I'll eat my hat"

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
lowlands_boy
Shipmate
# 12497

Only a few minutes until the exit poll....

--------------------

Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

- Posted      Profile for Anglican't   Email Anglican't   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"I'm not voting for Corbyn. Gotta keep that c*** out." - The view of a RMT member in east London today.
Posts: 3613 | From: London, England | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
lowlands_boy
Shipmate
# 12497

Exit poll doesn't give Conservative majority, but still largest party....

--------------------

mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

Yes.. but if Labour, SNP and LDs go into coalition, it looks like the Tories are out.

--------------------
arse

lowlands_boy
Shipmate
# 12497

quote:
Yes.. but if Labour, SNP and LDs go into coalition, it looks like the Tories are out.

Exactly as the Conservatives kept telling people to be scared of. Sturgeon will be thrilled to bits if that happens...

--------------------

mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

Mind you.. it might not be enough. Maybe it'll all come down to what happens in NI. Wowzers.

--------------------
arse

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

quote:
Originally posted by Garden Hermit:
We had 26 people with the same name registered at one address in Reading about 5 years ago. There was a prosecution but I don't know the result. Certainly in my home Country of Northern Ireland - home of Gerrymandering - the catch phrase was Vote Early, Vote often. Dead People still on the Electoral Register had their 'votes' cast for them. It was widely reported in Worthing that Care Managers used to fill in all the Postal Ballots for their choice of candidate. But prevention of course is better than cure.

No election fraud, at all

--------------------

lowlands_boy
Shipmate
# 12497

Amber Rudd in Hastings rumoured to be in trouble...

Bugger - why have agreed to do some work tomorrow?

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sitting in a group of somewhat stunned Labour activists. This appears to show yougov was right ...

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
lowlands_boy
Shipmate
# 12497

quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink.:
Sitting in a group of somewhat stunned Labour activists. This appears to show yougov was right ...

I thought Survation had it closest, but haven't really followed the individual polls for the last few days. Just saw some tweets from Survation last night.

--------------------

mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

Wow. This is so close: Tories have 314, Labour SNP and LD have 314 together.

Another 4 maybe from Green and PC

So who knows what is going to happen in NI? This literally could go down to a couple of seats in NI. That's mental.

Mind you, any government with a majority of under 5 is going to be really difficult to keep going.

--------------------
arse

Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

May to resign by 1am.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

lowlands_boy
Shipmate
# 12497

My constituency rumoured to be one of those changing. Just been reading some predictions from page 1 of this thread....

--------------------

Rocinante
Shipmate
# 18541

- Posted      Profile for Rocinante   Email Rocinante   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Exit polls tend to underestimate the Tory vote somewhat, suspect we will wake up to a small Tory majority. But that would be brilliant, compared to what might have been...here's hoping.
Posts: 384 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2016  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

Statisticians are saying that likely range of Tory seats is 290-340

Upper end of that is a majority, but still a small one. Even that is only a gain of 10 seats, which still must be a failure of May's leadership.

--------------------
arse

TurquoiseTastic

Fish of a different color
# 8978

- Posted      Profile for TurquoiseTastic   Email TurquoiseTastic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jeremy Vine on the BBC has not taken NI politics into account properly.

314 Con + 8 DUP + 2 UUP + 1 Sylvia Hermon = 325

SF don't take their 4 seats so you only need 324 for a majority

Unionist coalition would work with these numbers

Posts: 1092 | From: Hants., UK | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

But then Sylvia Hermon quit the UU because of their alliance with the Tories.

Also I think it is going to be tough for the NI MPs for this reason: the majority of NI voted Remain but the DUP (and I think UU) supported Leave. If the Unionists go into a formal coalition with the Tories, then they're supporting a government which is going to take NI out of the EU on hard terms, which is not supported by the majority in NI itself.

That's not a good look.

--------------------
arse

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  32  33  34 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016