homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Purgatory   » Saturday Night Massacre Redux (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Saturday Night Massacre Redux
simontoad
Shipmate
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
wow. So much more stuff added.

Did anyone mention that the whole small hands thing isn't about laughing at the size of Trump's hands, but laughing at the fact that he responds like he cares when someone suggests his hands are small?

It's like pulling a cord on a doll.

--------------------
The opinions expressed above are transitory emotional responses and do not necessarily reflect the considered views of the author.

Posts: 498 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hilarious.

--------------------
One has to take part. Scary as it is. - Martin60
Jerusalem is a city without walls

Posts: 16266 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Shipmate
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
yeah, hilarious with an edge.

--------------------
The opinions expressed above are transitory emotional responses and do not necessarily reflect the considered views of the author.

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Meanwhile, is the tide turning, are the hordes of sycophants faltering? Or is this still we libruls being hopelessly out of touch with the feelings of the persons ion the supermarket car park?

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18495 | From: scarily close to 40° | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
W Hyatt
Shipmate
# 14250

- Posted      Profile for W Hyatt   Email W Hyatt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How many millions of people out there would like to be in a large crowd chanting "Lock him up. Lock him up."?

--------------------
A new church and a new earth, with Spiritual Insights for Everyday Life.

Posts: 1543 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

- Posted      Profile for Crœsos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
Meanwhile, is the tide turning, are the hordes of sycophants faltering? Or is this still we libruls being hopelessly out of touch with the feelings of the persons ion the supermarket car park?

Mitch McConnell explains things:

quote:
I read the Washington Post story and I read General McMasters response, which tends to refute the story, rebut the story. I think we could do with a little less drama from the White House on a lot of things so that we can focus on our agenda, which is deregulations, tax reform, repealing and replacing Obamacare.
During the campaign Trump famously said "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters." McConnell just confirmed the Congressional Republican version of this. As long as Trump is willing to sign upper income tax cuts funded by taking healthcare away from millions of Americans and gut the regulatory state, the Republicans in Congress are willing to let anything else slide.

--------------------
Humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 10008 | From: Sardis, Lydia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Elsewhere we are debating: what could the Faux President do, to get the GOP to abandon him? Clearly this isn't it. Secrets to the Russians, pooh. Mitch McConnell doesn't think that makes the grade. The man who would trash the country to deny Barack Obama legislation would know.

So what would this bridge too far be? Treason, nah. Kleptocracy? Everybody's doing it. Nepotism? Oh please. Using government systems to enrich family and friends? Happening every day. Locker room levels of odiousness? He has confessed on tape to grabbing women by the genitals and ogling pre-teens in dressing rooms.

At this point I think it indeed calls for blood. A lamb must be sacrificed, a scapegoat to carry the sin of the nation. Somebody innocent has to die, as a result of his tweet or flapping lips or vicious temper. It has to be an American (not a foreigner), probably a white male. A woman or a person of ethnicity simply won't create enough outrage. (Like foreigners, we aren't really real to the GOP.) And, this is crucial: it has to be visible. On tape, so that it can be replayed over and over again.

Only then will they abandon him.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer

Posts: 4608 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord help me (literally) I immediately responded to your post by mentally composing a list of folks that could be consigned to that role.

I really, really, need to engage in some self-reflection. Things are dark in here. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 10580 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Clough:
Somebody innocent has to die, as a result of his tweet or flapping lips or vicious temper. It has to be an American (not a foreigner), probably a white male.

Not to name names, but the senator who looks like a deer caught in the headlights?

--------------------
"We're not in Wonderland anymore, Alice." – Charles Manson

Posts: 9820 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gramps49
Shipmate
# 16378

- Posted      Profile for Gramps49   Email Gramps49   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And, now, there is a leaked memo that Comey wrote after a White House intelligence briefing where Trump asked everyone but Comey to leave the room. When the two of them were alone Trump then asks Comey to drop the Flynn investigation because "[Flynn] is a good guy."

The question seems to be whether this was just a suggestion or a direct obstruction of justice.

If it is the former, then it was the mistake of a novice leader. If it is the latter, then it isan impeachable offense.

Posts: 1803 | From: Pullman WA | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged
Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

- Posted      Profile for Crœsos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gramps49:
And, now, there is a leaked memo that Comey wrote after a White House intelligence briefing where Trump asked everyone but Comey to leave the room. When the two of them were alone Trump then asks Comey to drop the Flynn investigation because "[Flynn] is a good guy."

The question seems to be whether this was just a suggestion or a direct obstruction of justice.

If it is the former, then it was the mistake of a novice leader. If it is the latter, then it is an impeachable offense.

quote:
“I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,” Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey, according to the memo. “He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”
Assuming the New York Times has the language of the memo correct, I don't think it admits to the level of ambiguity you're suggesting. Besides, isn't a "suggestion" from the president* to the FBI director kind of like your boss "suggesting" you need to come in to the office over the weekend?

--------------------
Humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 10008 | From: Sardis, Lydia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Things moving rather faster on this one.

Republicans talking about a subpoena for these memos, which may lead to a subpoena about any possible tapes of these events.

More ominously, there are now rumours that Republicans are seeing polling has turned dramatically in the districts with the special elections for Congress.

If the polls turn against Trump, the Republicans will ditch him. President Pence will do whatever they want with less drama.

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5004 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've been chuckling to myself. Some of this is like the film "Pelican Brief", a political suspense film with Julia Roberts, Denzel Washington, and other stars. It's one of my faves, and a local station ran it over the weekend. Among other things, the president asks the FBI director to make a problem go away...

It's really well done, and includes some beautiful (IMHO) nature photography.

From last night's "60 Minutes" (CBS; transcript), and what I've been hearing on the news, Comey is made of sterner stuff than T thought. And people who like him tend to *really* like him. At that link, read the section, about 1/3 of the way down, about when he was Att'y. Gen. Ashcroft's deputy, in 2004, and Ashcroft was in the hospital. I knew the story, but not that Comey was the one who warned and protected Ashcroft from nefarious White House creeps.

Will be interesting to see how Comey's part of this story develops.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?"--Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon"
--"I'm not giving up--and neither should you." --SNL

Posts: 16946 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Shipmate
# 18096

quote:
Originally posted by Og: Thread Killer:
Things moving rather faster on this one.

Republicans talking about a subpoena for these memos, which may lead to a subpoena about any possible tapes of these events.

More ominously, there are now rumours that Republicans are seeing polling has turned dramatically in the districts with the special elections for Congress.

If the polls turn against Trump, the Republicans will ditch him. President Pence will do whatever they want with less drama.

If American politics is anything like Australian politics, then its all about the polls, baby.

--------------------

W Hyatt
Shipmate
# 14250

- Posted      Profile for W Hyatt   Email W Hyatt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Apparently, Trump is coming to the conclusion that his problem is his staff. From the New York Times article "At a Besieged White House, Tempers Flare and Confusion Swirls":

quote:
And his own mood, according to two advisers who spoke on the condition of anonymity, has become sour and dark, and he has turned against most of his aides — even his son-in-law, Jared Kushner — describing them in a fury as “incompetent,” according to one of those advisers.

As the maelstrom raged around the staff, reports swirled inside the White House that the president was about to embark on a major shake-up, probably starting with the dismissal or reassignment of Sean Spicer, the press secretary.

Yeah, that'll fix everything.

--------------------
A new church and a new earth, with Spiritual Insights for Everyday Life.

Posts: 1543 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
hosting/

We the hosts can't stand seeing the top three threads on the board all being about Trump.

I'm closing this one, at least temporarily, and invite you to continue discussion on the "Oops" thread, which seems to the the most appropriately titled catch-all.

/hosting

--------------------
One has to take part. Scary as it is. - Martin60
Jerusalem is a city without walls

Posts: 16266 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016