homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Purgatory   » Oops - your Trump presidency discussion thread (Page 19)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Oops - your Trump presidency discussion thread
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
I'm hoping that T will just flounce and leave. "You don't like me? LOSERS! I never wanted to be president, anyway." And that last bit is true.

Not gonna happen. Too much pride. He'll run again in 2020 and he will win unless there is an amazing candidate against. Incumbents, even the massively unpopular, have a huge advantage.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
El Presidente has arrived in Paris. I know this because of the complete and utter intractable gridlock from hell on the roads this morning. Bumper to bumper all the way along the Pont de l’Alma and Avenue Montaigne and no one moving a centimetre except some very adventurous people on scooters. (Why do demagogues always arrive in the city centre in the middle of the bloody rush hour? Putin did the same.)

I’m still not sure what Macron’s playing at but incline to the view that it’s something very cunning. Tonight he is inviting Trump for dinner at the Eiffel Tower restaurant with cooking from one of France’s most famous chefs. I suspect Trump, whose diet is mostly limited to well-done steaks and ketchup, isn’t going to enjoy it all that much.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by la vie en rouge:
I’m still not sure what Macron’s playing at

This is a good and intriguing question.

I would guess a) that he's trying to keep the initiative in the relationship and thus keep Trump off-balance b) possibly seeking (dreaded word) optics that present him as a contender for leader of the free world as opposed to a bumbling jet-lagged buffoon (Trump must surely have some terrible jet-lag arriving at this time of day and going on to a full programme!) c) French intelligence services will be hoovering up any off-guarded comments from Trump or his entourage and storing them away for future use.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If this article is true then I would say democracy no longer exists in the US. It's a pretence. Big business runs the show and has a cloak called 'elections'.

I wonder what the future will bring? People who can buy lawyers and pay for legal bullying hold sway in many places. The Grenfell residents were bullied in this way when they complained about fire safety.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Host
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome to the thought world of billionaires. Boogie. Basically, anything and anybody can be bought.

Democracy cannot thrive if representatives can be easily suborned or manipulated. That's been the underminer of Western democracies for a long time. Stick a billionaire in the White House and it was bound to get worse.

No obvious cure in sight. Tobacco, coal, oil, they've all now got a bigger piece of the pie.

It might take a while for the rust bucketeers to realise "we wuz robbed" - again.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
If this article is true then I would say democracy no longer exists in the US. It's a pretence. Big business runs the show and has a cloak called 'elections'.

It is most obvious in the USA but this has ben the case in Britain too. The democratic elections are there but the democratic government is not. Business interest have held sway since landed interests did!

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
la vie en rouge:
quote:
(Why do demagogues always arrive in the city centre in the middle of the bloody rush hour? Putin did the same.)
Because they can. It's one of the ways they say "Screw you, peasants!"
Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My sympathies today are with Manu. There he is, young, dashing, handsome, President of a great Republic with an illustrious history, dining at the table of one of the finest chefs in all France - with Trump...... [Projectile]

Doubtless the chef is too proud of his art, but how tempting it must be to....er.... spice Trump's haute cuisine with something suitably noxious...

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tobacco doesn't cause very much cancer at all, and it does allot of good through donations to sports clubs and sponsorships. The scientists are lying to us. That iceberg was always going to fall off...

I was only thinking today about the behavior of Big Tobacco in the '60's and onwards and the behavior of the Big Miners and Drillers towards climate science over the last twenty years. Do you think Big Slavery is too long a bow?

--------------------
Human

Posts: 1571 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There's many and many a novel which details these things; I could give you a list. "If This Goes On" is a very common theme in genre fiction.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, and here is a POST article detailing the surprisingly simple reason for this French visit.
The salient quote:
"President Trump was not expected to attend France’s Bastille Day, which this year will commemorate the 100th anniversary of the United States’ entry into World War I.
But then he learned there would be a military parade.
French President Emmanuel Macron told Trump in a June 27 phone call about the event, which this year will feature U.S. and French troops marching through the historic streets near the Arc de Triomphe, fighter jets cutting through the skies above, and flags, horses and military equipment on display — the sort of spectacle that Trump wanted to stage at his own inauguration in January.
Trump told Macron he would be there, according to a White House official, and French and U.S. officials rushed to schedule a last-minute trip that will last about 27 hours and include dinner at an opulent restaurant in the Eiffel Tower and a visit to Napoleon Bonaparte’s tomb. "

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hasn't anybody told him that Napoleon lost the Battle of Waterloo? [Devil]
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

It must have been profoundly disappointing for him, to have a merely civilian inaugural. To be followed on the next day by millions of pussyhats on the Mall.

--------------------

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Or that the tomb is constructed so that visitors have to bow over to the emperor in order to look at it? Or so our English teacher of French (honoured for her part in the war) told us, and we all tried to look without bending over!
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Certainly that explains why Trump accepted. But to me that was the obvious part. Manu appealed to his vanity and it worked.

The mysterious bit open to all kinds of Machiavellian interpretations is why Manu invited someone so patently unpopular. I think there’s still some one-upmanship going on. AFAICT Manu has had the best of it so far, and this adds to that. He whistles and Trump comes running.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So it would seem, and I hope the cunning Manu enjoys his meal despite Ozymandias' presence. I also hope that the waitresses (if any be present) have been forewarned as to where to keep their hands, when not occupied in waitressing, and to not to stand too close to Ozymandias' chair....

[Ultra confused]

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

Waitresses? Surely not! They'll all be waiters who have fully mastered the art of sneering at the OOO's every move and replying to each remark with Gallic shrugs or 'Hunh?'. Like the waiter in 'M. Hulot's Holiday', only taller and in smarter uniforms (Paris, you know).
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Yes, that does seem a more likely scenario!

[Snigger]

IJ

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think Macron may be easing T back to the Paris accord. T spoke somewhat favorably of it today.

There was talk on NPR of how it's smart to play to the things that make T comfortable, as Saudi Arabia did. In the audio today, T sounded very relaxed. Haven't seen pictures, yet.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jane--

quote:
Originally posted by Jane R:

I don't suppose Macron could get ABBA back together, briefly, to sing "Waterloo" at Napoleon's crypt?
[Two face]

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
I think Macron may be easing T back to the Paris accord. T spoke somewhat favorably of it today.

Oh, please. This is Trump 101. You can't trust a thing he says. And what has he said?
quote:
"Something could happen with respect to the Paris accord," he said.

Mr Trump added: "We'll see what happens."

That is right up there with the standard parent's response when a child asks for a pony for Christmas. "We'll see, dear." Trump has promised nothing, said nothing, hinted at nothing. He made a vague comment so that it did not sound like he was spitting in his host's eye. That is what any business man would do. But you are deluding yourself if you think it means that Trump has any intention of participating in the Paris Accord. Unless it is to sell you something.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
France Info's chief US correspondent reckons Macron has a card to play in positioning France as the US' privileged point of contact within the EU. Trump and Merkel are daggers drawn and the UK has inconveniently removed itself from the EU, which gives France an opportunity.

Modelling himself after De Gaulle who would talk to just about anybody, Macron is seeking to restore the fortunes of French diplomacy. Or so the analysis goes.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

romanlion
editorial comment
# 10325

- Posted      Profile for romanlion     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm sure Macron has Trump right where he wants him...

[Roll Eyes]

What world are you people living in?

--------------------
"You can't get rich in politics unless you're a crook" - Harry S. Truman

Posts: 1486 | From: White Rose City | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The decline of the world perhaps began when Anglais*, the angry language of business, replaced French as the internatonal language. And beer of the Budweiser corn variety (God is crying) replaced civilized beverages. If we all spoke French and drank wine, it would be better place, this world.

*English.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by romanlion:
I'm sure Macron has Trump right where he wants him...

[Roll Eyes]

Yeah. The French were the enemy way before the Ruskies.

--------------------
Human

Posts: 1571 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

...minus contributions such as Lafayette and that tall lady in New York harbor.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jane R:

Only with German (OK, Prussian) intervention.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Host
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
@ romanlion

I suppose most of us are more puzzled or appalled by the thought world the Donald is living in. He's a very ODD human being, by any normal standards.

[ 14. July 2017, 07:23: Message edited by: Barnabas62 ]

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Eirenist
Shipmate
# 13343

- Posted      Profile for Eirenist         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't think anyone has told the French that Napoleon lost the battle of Waterloo.

--------------------
'I think I think, therefore I think I am'

Posts: 486 | From: Darkest Metroland | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Barnabas62:

I suppose most of us are more puzzled or appalled by the thought world the Donald is living in. He's a very ODD human being, by any normal standards.

Do not denigrate the odd by grouping the Cheeto in with us.
Or groping him in with us, either.

[ 14. July 2017, 13:16: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Well, there's odd (most of us, if truth be told), and ODD, which is Trumpelstiltskin...

IJ

--------------------

Barnabas62
Host
# 9110

How odd do you need to be in order to be ODD? A lot odder than any regular on SoF. Oddly enough.

I think a would be Shipmate Trump would have been planked before he got out of Apprentice status. Oh what joy for a hypothetical Admin, to be able to post "You're fired".

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

It's not that he's odd; if odd were a sin the Ship would be an empty hulk. Nor even is it that he's malevolent; entire Houses of Congress are malevolent as you may soon see if the Senate passes this health care legislation. It's that he is a monster of ego. Nothing is important except that it feeds his self-esteem; he wants a win or something he can declare to be a win but what it is means nothing to him. He remembers nothing and expects us all to forget what he said yesterday as well.
Macron has managed him like a master, showing him the pretty military toys, pretending to honor and listen to him. That is -all- you have to do.

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

quote:

One in which facts like Former Soviet Counterintelligence Officer at Meeting With Donald Trump Jr. and Russian Lawyer are dismissed as merely sour grapes because Hillary didn't win, apparently.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Clough:
It's that he is a monster of ego. Nothing is important except that it feeds his self-esteem; he wants a win or something he can declare to be a win but what it is means nothing to him.

I think this is the key. It is not unusual in the corporate world to have this mentality. Typically less ham-handed, though, and with some semblance of intelligence.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

mark_in_manchester

not waving, but...
# 15978

- Posted      Profile for mark_in_manchester   Email mark_in_manchester   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is an odd bit of Trumpery which the press don't seem to have called correctly.

His 'your wife is in such good shape...' gaff to Macron seems to be being read as if he meant it - after all, he has form as a letch. Whereas it seems to be classic playground bully stuff - '...for a woman who is considerably older than both you, and my own hot trophy bride' being left unspoken.

An amazing prick.

--------------------
"We are punished by our sins, not for them" - Elbert Hubbard
(so good, I wanted to see it after my posts and not only after those of shipmate JBohn from whom I stole it)

romanlion
editorial comment
# 10325

- Posted      Profile for romanlion     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eutychus:
quote:

One in which facts like Former Soviet Counterintelligence Officer at Meeting With Donald Trump Jr. and Russian Lawyer are dismissed as merely sour grapes because Hillary didn't win, apparently.
What is the alleged crime here? It isn't dismissed as sour grapes, it's dismissed because it is meaningless bullshit, and completely contrived.

No where near the level of the former POTUS telling the Russian president that he will have "more flexibility" after the election with regard to leaving NATO allies without missile defense, IMO. That is direct collusion with the Russians to submit to their will against our interests, which he did.

--------------------
"You can't get rich in politics unless you're a crook" - Harry S. Truman

Posts: 1486 | From: White Rose City | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

This is from the POST, but all you really need is the headline: Trump Admits His Border Wall Could Be Defeated By Medieval Siege Technology. The photograph is of a trebuchet, which seems to be standing in the green moat of the Tower of London.

[ 14. July 2017, 17:43: Message edited by: Brenda Clough ]

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

[Killing me]

In other news, the Society for Creative Anachronism is under investigation for un-American activities...

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Given that The Wall probably won't be built, and therefore will be invisible (IYSWIM), will Ozymandias The Great think it has been built?

[Paranoid]

IJ

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

The political cartoonists are way ahead of us.
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

quote:
What is the alleged crime here?

Oh, I see you've got your talking points delivered.

I haven't alleged anything, but solliciting a "thing of value" to influence a US election campaign is a felony, as I understand it, and this certainly looks like evidence of it.

More fundamentally than whether a crime is proven, what I find gob-smacking is the number of people for whom the level of entanglement of Trump's immediate entourage with dodgy foreign interests doesn't appear to present any ethical concern whatsoever.
quote:
No where near the level of the former POTUS telling the Russian president that he will have "more flexibility" after the election with regard to leaving NATO allies without missile defense, IMO. That is direct collusion with the Russians to submit to their will against our interests, which he did.
Oh, another talking-point. Can you point me back to where you were up in arms about this at the time? I didn't think so.

There's absolutely nothing to be gained here by comparing current misdeeds to alleged former ones. The question is whether the current US president and his team are fit to govern the country.

The speed at which his staff have to keep changing their story to keep up is a major cause for concern.

The talking-points distribution team's defence tactics appear to be taken straight from Art Buchwald on Watergate - see point 27 for example to cover your objection above.

[ 14. July 2017, 20:07: Message edited by: Eutychus ]

--------------------

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not to mention points 2, 9, 19 and 32.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh dear. I just found out the name of the new Senate healthcare bill.

quote:
The latest Senate GOP health care bill, known as the Better Care Reconciliation Act (BRCA)...
Seriously? Are these people completely clueless, to choose such an acronym?

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

This might be useful for some of us. (free click)
From today's Jennifer Rubin column in the POST:
ternal moral truth or ethical code.”
"Let’s dispense with the “Democrats are just as bad” defense. First, I don’t much care; we collectively face a party in charge of virtually the entire federal government and the vast majority of statehouses and governorships. It’s that party’s inner moral rot that must concern us for now. Second, it’s simply not true, and saying so reveals the origin of the problem — a “woe is me” sense of victimhood that grossly exaggerates the opposition’s ills and in turn justifies its own egregious political judgments and rhetoric. If the GOP had not become unhinged about the Clintons, would it have rationalized Trump as the lesser of two evils? Only in the crazed bubble of right-wing hysteria does an ethically challenged, moderate Democrat become a threat to Western civilization and Trump the salvation of America."

--------------------

Ohher
Shipmate
# 18607

- Posted      Profile for Ohher   Author's homepage   Email Ohher   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog:
Not to mention points 2, 9, 19 and 32.

#15 needs revision as follows: "I'd rather have a fool in the White House than a crook." Oh, wait . . .

--------------------
From the Land of the Native American Brave and the Home of the Buy-One-Get-One-Free

Posts: 374 | From: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged
Ohher
Shipmate
# 18607

- Posted      Profile for Ohher   Author's homepage   Email Ohher   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
Oh dear. I just found out the name of the new Senate healthcare bill.

quote:
The latest Senate GOP health care bill, known as the Better Care Reconciliation Act (BRCA)...
Seriously? Are these people completely clueless, to choose such an acronym?
You know the answer to this question . . . but why would a committee composed entirely of men (men who have forgotten that men, too, get breast cancer) be any more up to speed on BRCA than the fact that men, er, frequently make some little contribution to maternity.

--------------------
From the Land of the Native American Brave and the Home of the Buy-One-Get-One-Free

Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Umm, people?

Better Care Reconciliation Act would be BCRA, not BRCA.

Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Ohher
Shipmate
# 18607

Ah, well. It was typical while it lasted.

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Meh. I suppose they fired their proofreaders like (almost) everybody else.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016