homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Purgatory   » Oops - your Trump presidency discussion thread (Page 24)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  46  47  48 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Oops - your Trump presidency discussion thread
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eutychus:
[ETA and RuthW how could you possibly omit the continued resistance, in the face of threats, of two courageous female GOP senators throughout this entire process? Or the grassroots campaigning by Indivisible et al?]

Because I was not surprised by those things. Why do you care?
Posts: 24387 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
quote:
[ETA and RuthW how could you possibly omit the continued resistance, in the face of threats, of two courageous female GOP senators throughout this entire process? Or the grassroots campaigning by Indivisible et al?]

Because I was not surprised by those things. Why do you care?
Saying "Thanks to John McCain" to the exclusion of anybody else implies nobody else was deserving of thanks.

From this distance, he still looks like a shameless opportunist to me.

For my part, I'm glad to see that the kind of grassroots mobilisation that I expressed a hope of seeing upthread appears to be producing results.

And I reserve the right to care about whatever I like.

--------------------
One has to take part. Scary as it is. - Martin60
Jerusalem is a city without walls

Posts: 17045 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
MaryLouise--

quote:
Originally posted by MaryLouise:
And, in other news, I wonder if Scaramucci has realised it might not be the smartest idea for a new WH communications director to shove an eensy bit too much cocaine up your nose before calling a reporter on the New Yorker and speaking your mind, obscenities included?

We need to bring back Rahm Emmanuel, who was on Obama's staff. He had quite a temper and quite a mouth. He left, and IIRC became mayor of Chicago. Would be fun to put R in a room with S, get them talking, and televise it. For hours, if necessary.
[Devil]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?"--Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon"
--"I'm not giving up--and neither should you." --SNL

Posts: 17748 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
chris stiles
Shipmate
# 12641

- Posted      Profile for chris stiles   Email chris stiles   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

From this distance, he still looks like a shameless opportunist to me.

So more along these lines:

https://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2017/07/a-long-time-senate-staffer-on-john-mccain/535050/

Posts: 3766 | From: Berkshire | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Saying "Thanks to John McCain" to the exclusion of anybody else implies nobody else was deserving of thanks.

It's not what I meant to imply. Collins and Murkowski stood firm all week, as you noted -- so that made McCain's vote the one that put the thing over the edge. I don't feel bad about not giving credit to Indivisible and others agitating against this whole thing, given that I was one of them.

quote:
From this distance, he still looks like a shameless opportunist to me.[/qb]
Could be. Hard to say. He's got a bad brain cancer, and is very unlikely to live long enough to come up for re-election. He might have been looking to his legacy. He might have liked the attention; he did refer to the vote as "the show."

quote:
[b]For my part, I'm glad to see that the kind of grassroots mobilisation that I expressed a hope of seeing upthread appears to be producing results.

You've been very dubious about the Democrats and their message for 2018 and 2020 -- have you seen their new thing? "A Better Deal"

quote:
And I reserve the right to care about whatever I like.
I didn't question your right to care; I simply wondered why you did.

[ 28. July 2017, 08:33: Message edited by: RuthW ]

Posts: 24387 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I don't feel bad about not giving credit to Indivisible and others agitating against this whole thing, given that I was one of them.

Good on you. Sincerely. I'd like to think I'd be doing the same thing in your place.

quote:
You've been very dubious about the Democrats and their message for 2018 and 2020 -- have you seen their new thing? "A Better Deal"
Sounds promising. Perhaps they're reading this thread [Biased]

quote:
I didn't question your right to care; I simply wondered why you did.
Firstly, I have a tangential knowledge of public health and believe universal health care to be a good thing both morally and economically.

Secondly, I fear the train crash of the current US administration is likely to have knock-on consequences not only in terms of stability for the rest of the world, but also in terms of what is deemed acceptable (and even "successful") behaviour for office-holders.

Thirdly, the cognitive dissonance generated by people known to me who I otherwise believe to be decent and God-fearing individuals apparently thinking that this kind of thing deserves their unremitting support is getting to me.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I feel like sending the transcript of the Scaramucci interview to some of my acquaintances who are US evangelical GOP faithful and inviting them to respond.

Please do! It will make for very interesting reading.

--------------------
"We're not in Wonderland anymore, Alice." – Charles Manson

Posts: 10238 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
God bless John McCain, Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski.

Now can the CiC be stopped from persecuting transgender folk WHO ARE PREPARED TO DIE FOR THEIR COUNTRY?! Fucker. (That's self loathing too of course, not so long ago I wouldn't have let women or gays serve). And I should pray for this man?! WHAT?! What can I pray for this world leader, this most powerful of men?

[ 28. July 2017, 13:28: Message edited by: Martin60 ]

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 16705 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pray for the strength to forgive him.

--------------------
Liar, hypocrite, manipulator, thief.

Posts: 1071 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In a fictional context I invented an award, the Iron Ovary. It is awarded to women of notable courage -- I envision it as a lapel pin. Some friends and I are ginning to make this a real thing, and the two Senators are going to be the first recipients. (There will be an Iron Ovary Second Class, to be awarded to men with the courage of women, later.)

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 5477 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
She is the Murkowski who won an election as a write-in candidate isn't she? If so, she doesn't have much to fear from disendorsement.

--------------------

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by simontoad:

Perfect.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 16705 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Martin60:

Now can the CiC be stopped from persecuting transgender folk WHO ARE PREPARED TO DIE FOR THEIR COUNTRY?! Fucker.

A spineless bastard who used deferments and ouchy feet to avoid the military.

--------------------
So goodnight moon, I want the sun
If it's not here soon, I might be done
No it won't be too soon 'til I say goodnight moon

- A. N. Parsley, D. Mcvinni

Posts: 16761 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
sabine
Shipmate
# 3861

- Posted      Profile for sabine   Email sabine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, the generals (mentioned by Trump in his tweet) are actually saying they will wait until they get actual orders (via chain of command) and also saying that they want to treat everyone who serves with respect.

Trump still doesn't seem to get that tweeting does not make policy, and he doesn't seem to understand chain of command, either (among the many, many, "billions and billions" of things he doesn't understand)

sabine

--------------------
"Hunger looks like the man that hunger is killing." Eduardo Galeano

Posts: 5812 | From: the US Heartland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Clough:
In a fictional context I invented an award, the Iron Ovary. It is awarded to women of notable courage -- I envision it as a lapel pin. Some friends and I are ginning to make this a real thing, and the two Senators are going to be the first recipients. (There will be an Iron Ovary Second Class, to be awarded to men with the courage of women, later.)

Something to aspire to!

--------------------
“Religion doesn't fuck up people, people fuck up religion.”—lilBuddha

Posts: 63009 | From: Ecotopia | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
HCH
Shipmate
# 14313

- Posted      Profile for HCH   Email HCH   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Instead of "A Better Deal", what would be a better slogan for the Democrats heading into 2018 and 2020?

How about "Competent Government"?

Or "Return to Sanity"?

Or "Abandon the Dark Side"?

Posts: 1483 | From: Illinois, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

- Posted      Profile for Crœsos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
She is the Murkowski who won an election as a write-in candidate isn't she? If so, she doesn't have much to fear from disendorsement.

Yes, in 2010. Plus she's not up for re-election until 2022. She's also the daughter of Frank Murkowski, who held the Senate seat she now occupies immediately prior to her. The Murkowskis are to Alaskan politics what the Kennedys are to Massachusetts politics. So no, she doesn't have much to fear from the Trump administration.

On the other hand, the Trump administration might have something to fear from her.

--------------------
Humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 10382 | From: Sardis, Lydia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HCH:
Instead of "A Better Deal", what would be a better slogan for the Democrats heading into 2018 and 2020?

How about "Competent Government"?

Or "Return to Sanity"?

Or "Abandon the Dark Side"?

No, no, and no. The Democrats need to start being FOR something and not just "at least we're not those other guys."

--------------------

HCH
Shipmate
# 14313

- Posted      Profile for HCH   Email HCH   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hear you. What would be a better slogan?
Posts: 1483 | From: Illinois, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Make America Work for Everybody

This Land is Our Land

We take Care of Our Own

Moving Forward Together

--------------------

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The damage these people are doing to their office is unbelievable. I feel like sending the transcript of the Scaramucci interview to some of my acquaintances who are US evangelical GOP faithful and inviting them to respond.

At least now we know what happens when you "drain the swamp"--the slime comes to the top.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2630 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
We take Care of Our Own

Surely that's the current unpublished slogan of the Republican Party. [Ultra confused]

--------------------
"We're not in Wonderland anymore, Alice." – Charles Manson

Posts: 10238 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

- Posted      Profile for Og, King of Bashan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Shameless attention seekers or not, all three R no votes got hand-written thank you notes from me today. I'm sure that alone will make it all worthwhile.

--------------------
"I like to eat crawfish and drink beer. That's despair?" ― Walker Percy

Posts: 3121 | From: Denver, Colorado, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Looks like Priebus is out.

--------------------

anoesis
Shipmate
# 14189

- Posted      Profile for anoesis   Email anoesis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
quote:
We take Care of Our Own

Surely that's the current unpublished slogan of the Republican Party. [Ultra confused]
He might have been thinking of this.

--------------------
The history of humanity give one little hope that strength left to its own devices won't be abused. Indeed, it gives one little ground to think that strength would continue to exist if it were not abused. -- Dafyd --

Posts: 973 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Looks like Priebus is out.

Rats tossed from a sinking ship? I suspect Scaramoush_scaramoush will one day embody the maxim of Matthew 26:52 or Genesis 31 ... a nasty piece of work it seems and there will be many more tears yet.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18746 | From: scarily close to 40° | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

I've been thinking more along the lines of Mark 3:25 of late.

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Og, King of Bashan:
Shameless attention seekers or not, all three R no votes got hand-written thank you notes from me today. I'm sure that alone will make it all worthwhile.

Excellent idea. Must track down some stationery.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 19967 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

Has it always been this mental? Has there ever been a president this un-presidential? I mean I LOVE Lincoln. FDR. Kennedy. Johnson. Warts and Nams and all. Even Reagan had some very smart people, as did Bush Jnr. who actually had charm. And was marginally less insane than Johnson. What is this 3rd rate loser going to do about North Korea?

--------------------
Love wins

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is very very unusual. Longtime professional observers are in agreement on this. I could find you links, but it's everywhere.
My son (who follows this even more closely than I do) reports that the latest trajectory, now that Priebus is gone, is for a White House at war with its own Congress. There is now now channel from one end of Pennsylvania Avenue to the other. This will, naturally, work out great; the historical precedent is Tyler, who refused to be of either party and so got nothing done.

--------------------

Ohher
Shipmate
# 18607

- Posted      Profile for Ohher   Author's homepage   Email Ohher   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Nothing done" may be the best we can now hope for.

--------------------
From the Land of the Native American Brave and the Home of the Buy-One-Get-One-Free

Posts: 202 | From: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

This is a free click, columnist Frank Rich's blog. I think he has hold of the real secret. Pondering all the foofaraw of this week (my God, do you realize how much has happened?!?) he notes:
"At this juncture the priorities of Donald Trump have winnowed down to a single agenda item: saving himself and his family from legal culpability for their campaign interactions with the Russians and their efforts to cover up those transactions ever since. Almost everything this president does must be viewed through this single lens. If you do so, you’ll find his actions usually make sense."

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

And for him to get the help and healing he needs. And for him to go to the place of his highest good--which, certainly, isn't the White House.

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?"--Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon"

Posts: 17748 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

quote:
This is a free click, columnist Frank Rich's blog. I think he has hold of the real secret. Pondering all the foofaraw of this week (my God, do you realize how much has happened?!?) he notes:
"At this juncture the priorities of Donald Trump have winnowed down to a single agenda item: saving himself and his family from legal culpability for their campaign interactions with the Russians and their efforts to cover up those transactions ever since. Almost everything this president does must be viewed through this single lens. If you do so, you’ll find his actions usually make sense."

He's got right up the nose of some of the very best people in America. The very best. And they're nasty! Oh! They are nasty people!

I wait in hope for a comeuppance of the uuugest proportions, so that America can become the fairest nation on earth.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

simontoad--

You just want it to become "the fairest nation on Earth" so that we don't all immigrate to Oz. (Canada will be full up.)
[Biased]

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
He's got right up the nose of some of the very best people in America. The very best. And they're nasty! Oh! They are nasty people!

Sad.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Someone needs to give T a child's toy cell phone that seems real, but doesn't actually send anything.

ETA: Also a full set of Legos and Lego people, and a wide variety of blocks and building kits, so he can replace whoever he wants, and play with that silly wall.

[ 29. July 2017, 07:07: Message edited by: Golden Key ]

--------------------

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Sad.

Given the way it was reported on our news this morning it feels to me as if Mr. t is tightening his grip on power.

As much as we ain't seen nothin' yet, many are wondering just how long this will remain the case. Particularly as Ol' Kim over there is evermore hellbent on prodding a sleeping Giant.

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3060 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

I cling to the Constitution and the other two arms of Government Royln. I don't think he's angling for a royalist revolution, but having been just listening to the story of the restored Bourbon Monarchy in France, Trump seems to be drawing inspiration from King Charles X the Simple.

Just for clarification, I listened in Australia, not France.

In response to an earlier comment, I personally welcome any and all refugees from the States. It's too cold in Canada. [Smile]

--------------------

Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Thanks to John McCain. I'm so happy to have been so wrong.

Me too and I've been bad-mouthing McCain for many years. Maybe it is possible for people to change, maybe he's actually become the noble person he was only pretending to be for so long.
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, maybe we've not got long to wait now for Armageddon, orchestrated by Kim Wrong-Trim and The Odious Orange Ozymandias:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-40760583

Perhaps someone needs to buy TOOO his pretend cell-phone, and his Lego, NOW.

Mind you, I'm not sure I believe what K W-T says, any more than I believe what TOOO says.

IJ

--------------------
The future is another country - they might do things differently there...

Posts: 8928 | From: With The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ohher
Shipmate
# 18607

- Posted      Profile for Ohher   Author's homepage   Email Ohher   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, I think Some Trusted White House Advisor (assuming that's not an oxymoron) needs to suggest that 44.2 invite himself to go to North Korea for a deal-making session ("I make the best deals!") with Mr. Kim One Point Two.

With a bit of luck, Kim will jail the Orange Orangutan as a Western spy and Christian missionary, and return him to us only when in extremis.

--------------------
From the Land of the Native American Brave and the Home of the Buy-One-Get-One-Free

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When he, Mr. Kim, is in extremis , or when Ozymandias himself is in extremis?

IYSWIM.

I'm not sure even Mr. Kim, egregious fruitcake though he be, deserves to have Ozymandias on his hands....

IJ

--------------------

Posts: 8928 | From: With The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ohher
Shipmate
# 18607

quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
When he, Mr. Kim, is in extremis , or when Ozymandias himself is in extremis?

IJ

I was assuming that the elder whacko, deprived of steak, ketchup, and hair stylist, would languish first, but you have a point. Having 44.2 on your hands for more than 24 hours would be exhausting, as we all now know to our sorrow.

On reflection, I'm not sure it matters publicly who reaches the in extremis goalpost first. Perhaps they could compete?

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

I forget who it was, somewhere on one of these US presidency boards, who suggested that activism, marching with pussy hats, etc. was unlikely to make any difference.
Here you go, a nice story about what made the difference this week.
A quote: "But the critical mass of opposition came from liberal groups that had never been so threatened or so organized. MoveOn, battle-hardened by the effort to prevent (and then end) the war in Iraq, ran an aggressive protest and media campaign, including tens of thousands of calls to congressional offices and a series of rallies in swing states that featured Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

They were matched by tens of thousands of more calls from a constellation of groups and by protests organized by everything from ADAPT, a disability rights organization, to the Democratic Socialists of America. Planned Parenthood, which was threatened with zeroed-out federal funding if repeal succeeded, organized nationally and hyper-locally, with key states quickly growing their activist networks.

Here is a second similar story which is a free click.

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

The more, the merrier, so it is said.

Hopefully, Ozymandias will soon be reduced to the two vast and trunkless legs of stone...

IJ

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was reading a Slate piece about the euphemisms the media have been using to describe Scaramucci's sexual vulgarities.

I wish there was some way that every conservative Christian who voted for Trump could be forced to read only the non-bowdlerized versions of those articles. I mean, this is what they VOTED for, right? These are the guys they wanted the whole country to listen to for eight years.

--------------------
I have the power...Lucifer is lord!

Posts: 6332 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ohher
Shipmate
# 18607

Dear God no. FOUR years. FOUR. Or fewer if possible.

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

quote:
I forget who it was, somewhere on one of these US presidency boards, who suggested that activism, marching with pussy hats, etc. was unlikely to make any difference.

I expressed doubt about the impact of pussy hats on the perpetrator.*

Activism with regard to healthcare seems a bit different to me.

==

*I like the idea of the Iron Ovary awards, though, and the Iron Ovary (Second Class) ones too. Not least because they assert something overhwhelmingly positive in a delightfully subversive way.

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

From the POST, the devil discusses the details of the contract with one of his customers.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  46  47  48 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016