homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Purgatory   » Oops - your Trump presidency discussion thread (Page 28)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Oops - your Trump presidency discussion thread
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Clough:

The OMG quote: 'Over the past two years, Jeffress said, Trump has been “very measured, very thoughtful in every response.”'

Is there anyone on earth who can't see what a joke and what a lie this is?

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Clearly, there's -one-. No wonder churches are losing members by the dozen.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, but Jeffress' 'church' has (so it is said) an attendance of 3700 people weekly.

Surely they can't all be gullible fools?

Can they?

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Martin60:
Is he the first and/or the last Trump?!

He is more like the alpha and the oh-my-gawd!!!

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
Yes, but Jeffress' 'church' has (so it is said) an attendance of 3700 people weekly. Surely they can't all be gullible fools? Can they?

The question answers itself.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A long and detailed (but free!) analysis of the Christian Trumpist. This is allegedly the first of a several part series, so he has a =great= deal to say.

--------------------

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
An interesting note was down the bottom of that article, where it said something like: If Trump falls from grace, the evangelicals will accept that by saying, "God's done with him now."

Hopefully these deluded people and their evil leaders will retreat into 'reject the world' mode soon...

--------------------
Human

Posts: 1571 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by simontoad:
If Trump falls from grace, the evangelicals will accept that by saying, "God's done with him now."

The true mark of a mountebank is the ability to explain away everything.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
An interesting note was down the bottom of that article, where it said something like: If Trump falls from grace, the evangelicals will accept that by saying, "God's done with him now."

What a delightful deity they believe in. Very capricious in His bestowing of wonders and once He thinks you've had your time in the sun it's time to bring you down.

Of course, "they" will never fall from grace, no; they are the "chosen".

Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kim is capable of launching a nuke on Guam given the calculation that the US CAN'T nuke back as China is too close to the fallout. The US and S. Korea would have to launch a full on conventional attack AFTER losing 100,000 on Guam on an army of a million losing at least another hundred thousand in combat with another couple of hundred thousand civilian deaths on both sides. And then Kim would use nukes on his own soil.

Kim's a better player than that of course. Far better than Khrushchev.

[ 10. August 2017, 08:04: Message edited by: Martin60 ]

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Far, far better. He's going to fire four missiles in to the sea off Guam next week. He wants a treaty. Trump will have to go to Beijing to meet with him and make it look like victory. Easy. China will bask in its own non-radiological glow all the way to the Spratlys.

[ 10. August 2017, 09:53: Message edited by: Martin60 ]

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmm. Next week, eh?

I think I will buy that expensive bottle of single malt after all.

[Votive] for Guam, and all who live and work there.

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

They'll be fine. Mr. Trump has to victoriously go to Beijing and sign a peace treaty with Mr. Kim is all.

--------------------
Love wins

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

That would be a Great, Big, Huuuuuge, Victorious Peace Treaty, Biglier Than Any Other, no?

IJ

--------------------

Eirenist
Shipmate
# 13343

- Posted      Profile for Eirenist         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I doubt if Trump the Mouth has given much thought to the effect of fallout on China, or South Korea for that matter, any more than he seems to have taken on board the fact that there is a mutual defence treaty between China and North Korea.

Kim and Trump are a pair - neither can be seen to be a Loser.

'I will do such things,-
What they are yet I know not - but they shall br
The terrors of the earth.'
(W. Shakespeare, King Lear, Act II, Scene IV.

Lear was mad too.

--------------------
'I think I think, therefore I think I am'

Posts: 486 | From: Darkest Metroland | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

China won't honour that if NK attacks first, especially with a nuke. Which will never happen. Neither will lose, it's win-win all round for this couple of willy wavers.

--------------------
Love wins

Eirenist
Shipmate
# 13343

- Posted      Profile for Eirenist         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Let's pray you're right.

--------------------
'I think I think, therefore I think I am'

Posts: 486 | From: Darkest Metroland | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
North Korea wouldn't be doing what they're doing except that it helps China. Who should be running the waters and economics in and near China, Korea, Japan and the territories to the south? Isn't this the question China is giving the answer to? Japan's answer was a double nuke no 72 years ago. Does this rhyme?

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

quote:
Originally posted by Eirenist:
Let's pray you're right.

I'll pray with gratitude, but not for magic.

--------------------
Love wins

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

It has come to this. I can't find the link, but on NPR this morning a South Korean official was commenting on the situation. Asked about Crooked Don's helpful input, he replied, "Don't pay attention to him, he's a lunatic."

(sigh) You know who I miss, in addition to Obama? I miss Mitt. Those binders full of women, how innocuous! Carrying a dog on the roof of your car, how sweetly naive!

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Carrying a dog on the roof of your car, how sweetly naive!

Still not o.k.
[Disappointed]

I am very glad that Trump doesn't have pets. (But maybe if he'd had a dog when he was young he'd be a better person today.)

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Or maybe the dog would have eaten him.

[Snigger]

And perhaps if Kim Wrong-Trim's Mum had taken him to a decent hairdresser, and not fed him fatty foods...

IJ

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

It just the levels of perfidy that I'm contemplating. Nuke North Korea on the one hand, and the dog on the roof on the other. (sigh)

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

More measured and thoughtful words from The New Messiah:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40894529

I think it's the rest of us who need to be very, very nervous, too.

[Help]

IJ

--------------------

Callan
Shipmate
# 525

- Posted      Profile for Callan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
It has come to this. I can't find the link, but on NPR this morning a South Korean official was commenting on the situation. Asked about Crooked Don's helpful input, he replied, "Don't pay attention to him, he's a lunatic."

(sigh) You know who I miss, in addition to Obama? I miss Mitt. Those binders full of women, how innocuous! Carrying a dog on the roof of your car, how sweetly naive!

Oh God, there is a parallel space-time continuum in which it is currently Mitt's second term. If any of you know the co-ordinates do let me know. Right now I feel like Liz Shaw in episode six of Inferno.

--------------------
How easy it would be to live in England, if only one did not love her. - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 9757 | From: Citizen of the World | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmm, as I remember the story he left his dog tied to the back bumper bar and drove off. FAKE NEWS. SAD.

--------------------
Human

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Hmm, as I remember the story he left his dog tied to the back bumper bar and drove off. FAKE NEWS. SAD.

Mitt's dog was put in a dog carrier which was strapped to the roof of the car for twelve(!) hours. Then they noticed "a brown liquid was dripping down the back window." So Mr. Compassionate Conservative stopped, hosed off the dog, and put him back on the roof.

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

- Posted      Profile for Crœsos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Yeah, that, and repealing the Affordable Care Act. And likely no Paris Agreement. The Cuba Embargo still in place. Someone very like Neil Gorsuch replacing Scalia on the Supreme Court.

When you drill down to the details, most of what's appalling about Donald Trump is that he's adopted a whole bunch of standard Republican positions. He may be uniquely unsuited for the presidency as a temperamental matter, but if you actually care about what the American government does Trump is a fairly standard Republican with a bit of extra animus towards immigrants.

--------------------
Humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 10706 | From: Sardis, Lydia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

- Posted      Profile for Crœsos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One could even posit that a President Romney would have an even better shot at repealing the Affordable Care Act than the current administration since he'd be taking office before the bulk of the law took effect in 2014. The biggest stumbling block to repeal seems to be that people have tried Obamacare and decided that they like it, at least compared to the status quo ante. Romney would not have faced that difficulty.

And no, the fact that he signed a similar law in Massachusetts that passed both houses of the state legislature with overwhelming (i.e. veto-proof) majorities does not mean that Mitt Romney "really" supported an Obamacare-like system. It means he was a political pragmatist who didn't pick unnecessary and doomed fights with the legislature for no good reason.

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
An interviewer on Hollywood Boulevard spoke to Americans who support a nuclear attack on North Korea, but can't locate it on a map.

'None of the individuals interviewed could locate North Korea while some of the guesses were so wildly inaccurate as to locate North Korea in Canada, Oman, Kazakhstan, Argentina, Iran, Australia, Brazil, China, India, Vietnam and Pakistan.'

No geography lessons at school then?

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 646 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MaryLouise:
An interviewer on Hollywood Boulevard spoke to Americans who support a nuclear attack on North Korea, but can't locate it on a map.

'None of the individuals interviewed could locate North Korea while some of the guesses were so wildly inaccurate as to locate North Korea in Canada, Oman, Kazakhstan, Argentina, Iran, Australia, Brazil, China, India, Vietnam and Pakistan.'

No geography lessons at school then?

Interesting. They want 'military action' against a place and they don't know where it is ?

So trump's golf course threats could, for all they know, be against a country nearby?

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
'None of the individuals interviewed could locate North Korea'

I take your general point, but after a little hesitation, the guy at 1.16 has it right as far as I can see.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
To be fair, I doubt you'd find a country where every citizen could locate NK. And I'm sure plenty of Americans, even those in favour of strikes, could. And, of course, the reporter has an agenda to push and has edited this. How many who identified it were not shown?

I'd be stuffed with the -stans, but I have quite strong views on some of them informed by reports.

That said, I'm definitely on the no-war side. And Canada person is worrying.

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

A large minority of Americans can't find America.

"About 11 percent of [3000 18-24 yr olds] young citizens of the U.S. couldn't even locate the U.S. on a map. The Pacific Ocean's location was a mystery to 29 percent; Japan, to 58 percent; France, to 65 percent; and the United Kingdom, to 69 percent." Nat Geo

[ 11. August 2017, 09:11: Message edited by: Martin60 ]

--------------------
Love wins

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Re finding NK on a map:

You never know if any if the respondents were just giving joke answers. And at least most of them knew it's not in North America! [Biased]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
Originally posted by Ian Climacus:
To be fair, I doubt you'd find a country where every citizen could locate NK.

Which is fine, but the first question was the key. They advocated war with a country and they didn't have a clue as to its location. Even simple self interest would say that's crazy.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think they all had in mind essentially "a long way from here". Which is correct, even if LA may be one of the first mainland US cities to eventually come within NK strike range.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It isn't just about being able to pinpoint a geographic location though, is it? If one's country is going to kill a great many people yet again, it seems inhumane to not even know where or who they are.

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 646 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

quote:
It isn't just about being able to pinpoint a geographic location though, is it? If one's country is going to kill a great many people yet again, it seems inhumane to not even know where or who they are.

Indeed. I agree. It doesn't seem, I think it is inhumane.

But I know people who couldn't care less. Honestly. "Bomb the shit out of them," is their retort.

And I strongly doubt the video was hoping to engage in such analysis. I may've reacted too strongly as well, sorry; but videos that set out to tell a group of smug middle-class (white) people that there are "dumb" people out there via supposed comedic effect get on my nerves. Again, I may be misinterpreting but I've seen far too many of these videos, particularly with Trump supporters [not making claims on those in this one], whose sole purpose is to give "the educated" a chuckle at the expense of the "not educated". I realise if you do not laugh you'll cry, but I worry about what it says about us. Though perhaps I should refrain from commenting in the future on these videos.

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm afraid I was thinking it was further north, close to Kamchatka. Where it is is very troubling.
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:

When the first Iraq war started 'shock and awe?' I cried all night. The thought of such terrible bombing going on while I slept was too much to bear, I cried for us all [Tear]

We don't improve as a species, do we?

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

A mere modicum of reassurance that no one in that sample thought NK to mean 'North of Kent'

Seem to recall most Brits didn't no where the Falklands were in April 82, or that we'd stuck a Union Jack there centuries earlier.

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Hang on, why does it matter that people who want to nuke NK can't find it on a map? Are they the ones directing the bomb, Strangelove-style? All they have to believe is that the people in charge do know where to direct that bomb.

Frankly, I'm ashamed of you all for laughing at the chronically stupid. Now, has anyone seen a napkin? I think I have latte creme in my moustache. [Ultra confused]

--------------------
Human

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

quote:
Originally posted by rolyn:
quote:

A mere modicum of reassurance that no one in that sample thought NK to mean 'North of Kent'

Seem to recall most Brits didn't no where the Falklands were in April 82, or that we'd stuck a Union Jack there centuries earlier.

Know we didn't.

--------------------
Love wins

Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

Trump tweets:
quote:
Military solutions are now fully in place,locked and loaded,should North Korea act unwisely. Hopefully Kim Jong Un will find another path!
Hopefully we all find another path.

How serious is this? Is the media hyping it? Or am I right to be afraid?

[ 11. August 2017, 12:02: Message edited by: Ian Climacus ]

Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

quote:

It's been said that war is how Americans learn geography.

--------------------

Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ian Climacus:
Trump tweets:
quote:
Military solutions are now fully in place,locked and loaded,should North Korea act unwisely. Hopefully Kim Jong Un will find another path!
Hopefully we all find another path.

How serious is this? Is the media hyping it? Or am I right to be afraid?

What I'm taking comfort from is that every time Trump says something like this (at least so far this week), someone else comes out and does a "playing-it-down-without-overtly-disagreeing-with-it" statement: Rex Tillerson did it on Wednesday; Jim Mattis did it yesterday. I'm kind of hoping Trump's words are just words and that it's what seems from here to be the more sensible heads that are really handling this crisis.

I suspect/hope that North Korea are happy for Trump to mouth off on Twitter, or in off-the-cuff remarks, it makes it look like he's doing the threatening, not them (according to the Guardian, all they've said in response to this is that they're watching "the speech and behaviour of the US", which doesn't sound like Trump's about to tip them over the edge.

But it would be helpful if the media stopped giving such prominence to every vaguely threatening word that comes from Trump's lips - it's hardly helping the situation.

[Votive]

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
Hang on, why does it matter that people who want to nuke NK can't find it on a map? Are they the ones directing the bomb, Strangelove-style? All they have to believe is that the people in charge do know where to direct that bomb.

Frankly, I'm ashamed of you all for laughing at the chronically stupid. Now, has anyone seen a napkin? I think I have latte creme in my moustache. [Ultra confused]

Yes, they are directing the bombs, in a manner of speaking, by voting in a president who cares only for himself and knows nothing about anything except golf.

We all knew it would come to this stupid, brainless war of words between him and kim.

What next? There's no point in being afraid, fear is useful when it galvanises action. But what action can we take? We may as well just laugh at the idiots and deal with the fallout when/if it happens.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

It is highlighting their ignorance, not their level of intelligence.
If a person has not learned basic geography, what are the odds they understand geopolitics?

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ohher
Shipmate
# 18607

- Posted      Profile for Ohher   Author's homepage   Email Ohher   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In this particular situation, I'd be more concerned that people do not understand meteorological patterns in conjunction with a risk of anybody's nuclear bomb being set off.

--------------------
From the Land of the Native American Brave and the Home of the Buy-One-Get-One-Free

Posts: 374 | From: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016