homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Purgatory   » What do you admire most about other people's traditions / Traditions (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: What do you admire most about other people's traditions / Traditions
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stetson:
Lyda wrote:

quote:
I guess the usual Protestant thought on this is that when we are saved and "die in the Lord" that along with a glorified body we get a glorified character automatically.
Which, as some have pointed out, comes perilously close to salvation-through-good-works. Because, while yes, it's technically the faith that is saving you, that faith is always going to be accompanied by good works.
It's also patently false.

--------------------
God has shown me that I should not call any man impure or unclean. --Acts 10:28

Posts: 62798 | From: Ecotopia | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

- Posted      Profile for Gamaliel   Author's homepage   Email Gamaliel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I knew it was too good to last. A thread about what we admire about other traxiry turns into a theological spat ...

--------------------
Let us with a gladsome mind
Praise the Lord for He is kind.

http://philthebard.blogspot.com

Posts: 15324 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gamaliel:
I knew it was too good to last. A thread about what we admire about other traxiry turns into a theological spat ...

Probably should have been started in Heaven, wot?

Purgatory is our serious discussion space – where theological, ethical, political, social and cultural issues are discussed from a Christian perspective. All views are welcome – orthodox, unorthodox, radical or just plain bizarre – so long as you can stand being challenged.

--------------------
God has shown me that I should not call any man impure or unclean. --Acts 10:28

Posts: 62798 | From: Ecotopia | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

- Posted      Profile for Gamaliel   Author's homepage   Email Gamaliel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't tend to venture into Heaven that often. It's all too restful ...

Perhaps I ought to. Like I ought to preview my posts. Then I wouldn't have 'traxidy' or whatever it was instead of 'tradition'.

--------------------
Let us with a gladsome mind
Praise the Lord for He is kind.

http://philthebard.blogspot.com

Posts: 15324 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016