homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 2: Elizabeth has a Visitor (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 2: Elizabeth has a Visitor
Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

- Posted      Profile for Director   Author's homepage   Email Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ooooh, that shade of blue really compliments your complexion...

Afternoon in a town with no name somewhere in the hill country of Judea. Tinkles of delicate girlish laughter issue from a nearby house.

[ 10. December 2002, 19:51: Message edited by: Director ]

--------------------
Miffy

Posts: 109 | From: Her physiotherapist's couch | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Narrator

Nativity Play
# 3680

- Posted      Profile for Narrator     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Recap

Ladies and gentlemen
Young children and old
Our tale has begun
The story unfolds

Mary has heard
She will give birth
To God the Saviour
Of all the earth

She finally got
Gabriel's text
And at his message
Was most perplexed

She was amazed
By this great news
But, though a maiden,
She didn't refuse

So stay with us now
Pull up a pew
Believe it or not
Time for scene two

Scene 2

Now Mary's in the family way
What are the neighbours going to say

She wonders now just how to act
(The situation will take tact)

So off to see her cousin Liz
To ask her what the best plan is

(She's six month's gone herself, you know,
Long past the stage it starts to show).

With sage wise words and good advice
She'll curse all men and call them lice

For girlfriends know just what to say
All aided by some Chardonnay

--------------------
Chapelhead

Posts: 90 | From: Prompt corner | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*soundtrack of 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun'*

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Giggles
So I said to him, I said, Look Joey, I said, you know I'm a good girl. What are you implying? Honestly Liz, who does he think he is? I mean to say.....

Oh go on then... just another glass. Want an After Eight?

--------------------
Can you have a white wedding in blue?
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jesus' evil twin

Nativity Play
# 3702

- Posted      Profile for Jesus' evil twin   Email Jesus' evil twin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Um, what's with this wine crap? Can we get some real liquor down here, please?

--------------------
Erin (of course)

Posts: 54 | From: my own room (finally!) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Deep sigh

You know, Liz, this being preggers isn't all it's cracked up to be, either. Have you got any indigestion mints?... one of these babies isn't all that meek and mild.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jesus' evil twin

Nativity Play
# 3702

- Posted      Profile for Jesus' evil twin   Email Jesus' evil twin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I heard that!

*kick*

--------------------
Erin (of course)

Posts: 54 | From: my own room (finally!) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Narrator

Nativity Play
# 3680

- Posted      Profile for Narrator     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
<Sotto voce>

You mean we've got Gabriel tonight but no Elizabeth. [Disappointed]

Gabriel - busk something.

--------------------
Chapelhead

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Er... Liz? Are you all right in there?

knocks on the bathroom door

Liz?? Liz?????

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Er chaps, Elizabeth ain't showing. Can we play something to cover the situation?

Great suggestion: Don't Let it Show by the Alan Parsons Project for Mary...

Remind me why I hired you?

--------------------

Stable Cat

Nativity Play
# 3657

- Posted      Profile for Stable Cat   Email Stable Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*stable cat wanders in, sniffs delicately at the snacks. anything interesting here?*

prrrrttt? mrrrit.

[ 10. December 2002, 20:21: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------
nicolemrw says "meow!"

Posts: 85 | From: the stable | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*Lord, love a duck! ... sends indigestion mints onstage for Virgin Mary....
I thought that cat was out of commission!*
[Frown]

--------------------
The original bessie rosebride.

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Narrator

Nativity Play
# 3680

<From the prompt box>

Psstt, Mary - do the "My soul doth maginify.." bit.

And keep it going.

I'll try to find some musicians to fill in for a while.

--------------------
Chapelhead

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Oh cat gingerly strokes cat, it looks like just you and me, then.

I come here for a girl's night in with my cousin Liz...a few drinks, a good old natter, and Mr Darcy on the video... and she ends up locked in the lavatory. I told her that curry last night wasnt' a good idea!

Mum's in a huff with me and won't reply to my texts, I've had a row with Joseph - honestly, who does that man think he is? - and I've got parrot droppings all over my nice new blue dress.

Oh, and I don't know what that baby's up to but I wish she'd sweetly sleep and not stir quite so much. I don't know, I think she could play f**tb*ll for England when she grows up, the way she's going on.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Narrator

Nativity Play
# 3680

<Sotto voce>

Last night we couldn't move for sheep - where are they now?

We could at least do "Mary had a little lamb".

<Gives up a futile struggle and heads for the whisky bottle again>

--------------------
Chapelhead

Tealady

Nativity Play
# 3713

- Posted      Profile for Tealady     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Narrator:

<Gives up a futile struggle and heads for the whisky bottle again>

That's another fifteen quid, please dearie... Sorry? Well it doesn't LOOK like you've started...

--------------------
The tealady's coffee-grinder is a Spong...

Posts: 20 | From: Tea trolley | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

quote:
Originally posted by Musical Director:
Er chaps, Elizabeth ain't showing. Can we play something to cover the situation?

Great suggestion: Don't Let it Show by the Alan Parsons Project for Mary...

Remind me why I hired you?

Hearing the band start up, Mary glances down at her costume... notices the small cushion is just beginning to slip.... runs behind the curtain. A few minor readjustments later and she returns to the stage, looking a little more serene

My soul doth magnify...er...doth magnify....

pssssst, Narrator.. I hadn't mugged up this bit of the script yet. What is it I'm supposed to be zooming in on?

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

OK chaps, let's try a calypso version of Where Is She? by Donovan. And yes Geoff, you can have a baritone sax solo...

A-one, a-two, a-three and a-four...

[ 10. December 2002, 20:31: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------

Narrator

Nativity Play
# 3680

quote:
Originally posted by Tealady:
That's another fifteen quid, please dearie... Sorry? Well it doesn't LOOK like you've started...

<Hands over notes and takes bottle into corner>

--------------------
Chapelhead

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wanders to the doorway, looks inside, wonders why the cat's getting his belly stroked.

Baaaaaaaaa!

--------------------
I may be just a purple sheep with a funny nose, but ThatsMrJuice 2U!

Posts: 110 | From: The Sheep Shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stable Cat

Nativity Play
# 3657

- Posted      Profile for Stable Cat   Email Stable Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*the cat, who is perfectly willing to be friendly if just treated with proper respect, purrs looudly*

puurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

--------------------
nicolemrw says "meow!"

Posts: 85 | From: the stable | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 2

Nativity Play
# 3710

- Posted      Profile for Angel 2   Email Angel 2   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Angel 2 appears on stage, realises no one is going to ask her to sing and sits down against a tree muttering to herself.

Here I am all hale and hearty,
those other angels went off to a party.
I think I'll sit and wait to see,
what I can do, what about me/ [Angel] [Angel]

--------------------
From an extinct bird to a live Angel - AKA Huia

Posts: 14 | From: NZ | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

Someone should have told me we were doing bloomin' Noah's Ark...

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*Wanders nonchanantly back stage with percussion and wand*

Whistles

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wanders into the room, grabs some cheese from the snack table, then settles down for a nap. All that sheep fighting in the previous scene has made Rudolph tired.

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Do you know, cat. I'd be feeling really blessed among women if I didn't have this terrible indigestion. God's been pretty good to me, you know... I mean, I know everyone's talking about me behind my back, gossiping and saying I'm no better than I should be. But despite all that, God is my Saviour and he's done me a real honour choosing me to be the mummy for his ickle baby son. Tickles cat indulgently under chin All those stuck up tittle tattles around the town, he'll soon shut them up. Did he pick one of them? No.. not on your nelly. Probably not a proper virgin among them, you know. No, he picked me, his humble handmaiden. Not bad, eh? You know, I bet people will be talking about this for months!!!!

HEY LIZ... ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE ALL RIGHT IN THERE?

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*Drops percussion on floor*

Sorry.....

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Roll Eyes]

(Didn't this pathetic crew ever hear of Understudies?)

--------------------

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Deputy Chief Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3698

- Posted      Profile for Deputy Chief Shepherd   Email Deputy Chief Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Fairy Godmother:

OUCH! [Waterworks]

[Fixed quote]

[ 10. December 2002, 20:55: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------
Yes, I'm a madferret. And that's my own teatowel.

Posts: 115 | From: seated on the ground | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
Originally posted by Deputy Chief Shepherd:
quote:
Originally posted by Fairy Godmother:

OUCH! [Waterworks]
Sorry - didn't see you down there shorty

Right anything I can do?

[Fixed quoted quote]

[ 10. December 2002, 20:58: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

quote:
Originally posted by chief stage manager:
[Roll Eyes]

(Didn't this pathetic crew ever hear of Understudies?)

Mary grabs the stage manager and drags her, struggling valiently, onto the stage.

Oh Liz... THERE you are! I thought you'd abandoned me! Gosh, you've put some weight on, coz!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Sheep 3, having just wandered onto the set to nibble the new scenery, is startled by the loud noise from the orchestra pit and bolts across the stage, knocking down Mary on the way.]

Baaa-aaaaa!

Baaaaaaaaaaa.

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Hmmmm..... I've heard sheepskin is just the thing for keeping ickle babies warm..... [Snigger]

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Nativity Play
# 3667

Wakes up, wonders who's making all that racket. Thinking Sheep 3 needs to cut down on the caffeine.

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

*Bored with having nothing to do as yet lifts up skirt and removes obe of the hip flasks strapped to her thigh*

That's better - now I'm ready for action [Wink]

--------------------

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

quote:
Originally posted by Virgin Mary:
Oh Liz... THERE you are! I thought you'd abandoned me! Gosh, you've put some weight on, coz!

Nonsense, I weigh an anorexic amount and I'm lacking any pillow stuffing! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Grabs a stray sheep and rams it into stage manager's overalls

Oh Liz... you have put on weight! I could swear you were pregnant too, if I didn't know you and Zech are past it.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

Yeah, I'll bet you thought we didn't still do it, did ya?

Little do you know, I have a surprise of my own......

--------------------

St. Elizabeth

Nativity Play
# 3679

- Posted      Profile for St. Elizabeth   Email St. Elizabeth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[ Liz runs on stage, quite, quite, frazzled ]

I'm here! I'm here! Sorry I'm late but I had a bit of a difficult time getting here today. I slipped on a patch of ice and fell and it was not pleasant....sorry, where were we?

[ takes swig of Bombay Sapphire from bottle, then hiddes it under her maternity robe again ]

--------------------
Elizabeth Anne, who will soon no longer live on Tenth Street.

Posts: 32 | From: Luke 1:42 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

Mutters

Strange looking baby that's all I can say

Typical country folk

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

So come on, sit yourself down, Liz. Pour another glass of wine and I'll get the Maltesers out and you can tell me all about it.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Nativity Play
# 3667

OUCH! That hurts!

Looks up to see who this strange person this sheep happens to be sharing a pair of overalls with.

Baaaaaaaaaa?

--------------------

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

*Exits stage left......*

Tealady, I need a drink. I'll pay anything and everything. My nerves have been frayed to the last frazz!

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Ah! Two Lizzes???? And both pregnant!!! Hmmm....

shoves stage manager firmly back behind the curtain

Ah, Liz... there you are! Gosh you have put on weight!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

St. Elizabeth

Nativity Play
# 3679

- Posted      Profile for St. Elizabeth   Email St. Elizabeth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear, dear Mary! [Pours wine for both of them] It is so very good to see you again. I must say that shade of blue is very flattering on you!

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Come on Liz, sit down and have a Malteser. It's just getting to the good bit on Pride and Prejudice, and I want to hear all your news.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Nativity Play
# 3667

Backstage, jumps out of stage manager's overalls, shakes self off, looking quite frazzled. Runs across stage, into audience.

Baaaaaaa! Baaaaaaaaaa!

--------------------

St. Elizabeth

Nativity Play
# 3679

Oh, well, as you can probably notice, I'm six months along. It's been ever so dreadful-boring around here! Zechy hasn't spoken since that angel took his voice away for doubting that I was indeed with child. He called me too old. Imagine! I think I need another Malteser.

And you, my dear, have put on a little weight as well!

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

*Calls out from wings*

Here Mary - is that the bit where Darcy's just been swimming and he's all wet and gorgeous?

--------------------

Tealady

Nativity Play
# 3713

- Posted      Profile for Tealady     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
From far away there is a sound of rattling wheels. As it gets closer and closer it gets louder and louder and faster and faster. From stage left the tea trolley appears doing about 30mph. The Tealady, lying flat across its top shelf, sticks out both hands and swipes the bottles from the hand of Elizabeth and the ... nether regions... of the Fairy Godmother. Trolley zooms off stage right. Squeal of wheels and smell of burning rubber

Here you are CSM. Let's say fifty quid for the pair of them, shall we?

--------------------
The tealady's coffee-grinder is a Spong...

Posts: 20 | From: Tea trolley | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016