homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 2: Elizabeth has a Visitor (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 2: Elizabeth has a Visitor
St. Elizabeth

Nativity Play
# 3679

- Posted      Profile for St. Elizabeth   Email St. Elizabeth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, tealady? That's my Bombay Sapphire!

--------------------
Elizabeth Anne, who will soon no longer live on Tenth Street.

Posts: 32 | From: Luke 1:42 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Deal. Thanks.

*Rapidly gulps down both.*

--------------------
The original bessie rosebride.

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
But Liz, I thought you and Zech were too old for that sort of thing. I mean, people over 23 don't actually.. er...well... you know... do they???? [Embarrassed]
But congratulations... What does that make me? Second cousin once removed?

But anyway, you're right. I've got some real news... you'll never guess what!!!!!

--------------------
Can you have a white wedding in blue?
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Fairy Godmother:
*Calls out from wings*

Here Mary - is that the bit where Darcy's just been swimming and he's all wet and gorgeous?

You got it, FG... coming to join us for a girly night in?

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
St. Elizabeth

Nativity Play
# 3679

- Posted      Profile for St. Elizabeth   Email St. Elizabeth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, darling, when you get to my age........

Wait....don't tell me what the news is.... my saintly telekinetic powers are telling me something....

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tealady:
From far away there is a sound of rattling wheels. As it gets closer and closer it gets louder and louder and faster and faster. From stage left the tea trolley appears doing about 30mph. The Tealady, lying flat across its top shelf, sticks out both hands and swipes the bottles from the hand of Elizabeth and the ... nether regions... of the Fairy Godmother. Trolley zooms off stage right. Squeal of wheels and smell of burning rubber

Here you are CSM. Let's say fifty quid for the pair of them, shall we?

What the...?

Oi you come back with me hip flasks you thieving toe rag [Mad]

My best spirits as well..

Still she never got these two [Wink]

*Rumages in bodice*

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Giggles with innocent excitement

You'll never guess... never ever ever....

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Gabriel
Apprentice
# 827

- Posted      Profile for Gabriel   Email Gabriel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Right - here i am - late as usual! I've been "fear notting" elsewhere. Is there anything else for me to do or shall I just sit and wait for next year?
Posts: 42 | From: UK MIdlands | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Hi Gabriel, I got your text. Thanks!
Pull up a chair and pour out another glass of wine... Liz is just trying to guess my news.

Do you like my dress, by the way?

--------------------
(Smudgie)

St. Elizabeth

Nativity Play
# 3679

Sorry, Gabriel, this is ladies' drinking and watching Pride and Prej. night.

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*Wanders on stage to join the girly night in*

Has it got to that bit yet then?

*Passes one of her bottles to Elizabeth*

Mind you neither of you should be drinkin' in your condition

[ 10. December 2002, 21:29: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gabriel
Apprentice
# 827

- Posted      Profile for Gabriel   Email Gabriel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Come on girls - get your act together - do I join you or not?
St. Elizabeth

Nativity Play
# 3679

Wait I take it back. Gabriel can stay!

--------------------

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

- Posted      Profile for A very naughty boy   Author's homepage   Email A very naughty boy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Enters stage left with a flat square cardboard box and proceeds to ring the doorbell of Elizabeth's house]

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Posts: 92 | From: Somewhere else | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

There's someone at the door, Liz.
Gabe, go and see who it is, there's a love.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

If it's selling summat I'm not interested

*waves wand*

See I can wish it I can

--------------------

St. Elizabeth

Nativity Play
# 3679

[ Elizabeth rushes to the door ]

Greetings to you, stranger! I would offer you some Bombay Sapphire as a gesture of good will if I had any [eyes tealady]

--------------------

Gabriel
Apprentice
# 827

OK - I get the message! I'm off with the lads down the dog & duck! Txt me if you need me.
A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

- Posted      Profile for A very naughty boy   Author's homepage   Email A very naughty boy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Did you ladies order a spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, lamb and spam pizza?

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Yes

--------------------
(Smudgie)

St. Elizabeth

Nativity Play
# 3679

No wait Gabriel! Are you sure you don't want a Malteser?

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel:
OK - I get the message! I'm off with the lads down the dog & duck! Txt me if you need me.

Bring us a couple of bottles of Old Peculiar when you come back will you?

--------------------

Tealady

Nativity Play
# 3713

- Posted      Profile for Tealady     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Fifteen quid, liz, and he'll give you what's inthe box...

--------------------
The tealady's coffee-grinder is a Spong...

Posts: 20 | From: Tea trolley | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
Originally posted by A very naughty boy:
Did you ladies order a spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, lamb and spam pizza?

No doubt with anchovies, olives and strawberry jam toppings seeing the condition of these two [Wink]

--------------------

Gabriel
Apprentice
# 827

Maltesers - those balls coated in chocolate - not likely!! And Old Peculiar - no room for anything more peculiar in here at the moment

[ 10. December 2002, 21:36: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

Unfortunately we're out of lamb, and you gave the wrong mobile number, so I've prepared spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, and spam . Hope that's ok.

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

St. Elizabeth

Nativity Play
# 3679

Fifteen quid?!! Oh, for the love of -

[ hands it over ]

--------------------

Tealady

Nativity Play
# 3713

- Posted      Profile for Tealady     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Drat. Can't trust the plots these days.. Alright, I'll send 'em in on a sheep. Rudolph? Are you still here?

--------------------
The tealady's coffee-grinder is a Spong...

Posts: 20 | From: Tea trolley | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

quote:
Unfortunately we're out of lamb, and you gave the wrong mobile number, so I've prepared spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, and spam . Hope that's ok.

Do you do spam with that, it's just that I have a bit of a craving for it.

Mind you, not so worried about the lamb... I'm sort of going off sheep!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:

No albatross?

--------------------

St. Elizabeth

Nativity Play
# 3679

All right, all right! Everyone settle down. You too, sheep. We can all have spam, spam, and spam for supper.

Mary had some news for me...... now who wants to guess what it is?

--------------------

Tour Manager

Nativity Play
# 3670

- Posted      Profile for Tour Manager   Email Tour Manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Angry voice from offstage, deep within the Tour Bus)

Oi!!! What's all this sheep poo doin' in 'ere? Somebody clean it up quick, it's interfering with the network communications! Rudolph?? OUCH!!

--------------------
Let's get this show on the roaaaaaaaaaaaa- *boink* (Eutychus)

Posts: 46 | From: Magic Tour Bus | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

*ahem* - It's £15 plus delivery plus tip.

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

quote:

You must be kidding!!! Here's your £15, and the tip is.... don't interrupt two pregnant women and one fairy Godmother while they're watching Pride and Prejudice and demand money if you value your life.

Go with God.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

St. Elizabeth

Nativity Play
# 3679

Oh, here's your money! Fifteen quid. Now wont you stay for supper?

--------------------

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

But ... that cardboard box is worth at least 50p. [Eek!]

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:

Well seeing as the tealady sold out bottles for £50 she can pay for the grub

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

hmmm...... you seem to have got two lots of £15 there, I'd be off while the going's good!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Looks around, confused. Sticks nose in the pizza. Wonders what this spam stuff is

Munch, munch.

--------------------
I may be just a purple sheep with a funny nose, but ThatsMrJuice 2U!

Posts: 110 | From: The Sheep Shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
St. Elizabeth

Nativity Play
# 3679

They make you pay for your own boxes? I would seek another line of employment if I were you.

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Sheep 3 ambles onto the stage, nibbles a bit of scenery in the rear, and then settles down to chew her cud and stare at the audience.]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

[Runs off into the audience with £30. Stupid women]

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Jesus' evil twin

Nativity Play
# 3702

- Posted      Profile for Jesus' evil twin   Email Jesus' evil twin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Okay what moron ordered the spam? I don't want it here, so back up it goes!

--------------------
Erin (of course)

Posts: 54 | From: my own room (finally!) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
St. Elizabeth

Nativity Play
# 3679

Oh, sheep! Start behaving or I will feel compelled to try out my new leg of mutton recipe very soon!

--------------------

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*grabs bucket and rushes to Elizabeth onstage*

--------------------

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Just press PAUSE a moment will you, Liz.... I just need to.....

Mary runs out and rather unpleasant sound effects are heard from just offstage.

There is a pregnant pause.

She returns, her blue dress complimenting her pale and greenish complexion

I think I'll pass on the spam.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

St. Elizabeth

Nativity Play
# 3679

Why are you rushing to me, dear manager? I'm not the one carrying Jesus' evil twin.

--------------------

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yikes! What's that smell?

Runs off stage, knocking over stage manager

--------------------
I may be just a purple sheep with a funny nose, but ThatsMrJuice 2U!

Posts: 110 | From: The Sheep Shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

Elizabeth - you were supposed to hold the bucket for Mary - glad she made it offstage. I didn't have such good luck last night.

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Ooops, sorry Stage Manager, you were a little too late there....

Have you got some sawdust... you may need some just over there [Embarrassed]

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016