homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 2: Elizabeth has a Visitor (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 2: Elizabeth has a Visitor
Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

- Posted      Profile for Jedi Knight   Email Jedi Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you ma'ams.

<bows deeply and elegantly>

Is there a problem with something evil that you need help fighting?

--------------------
jj says-Don't y'all bad guys be messin' with those babies, now y'hear?

Posts: 61 | From: Fort Misery, Flour-dough | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Let's have a bit of The Philosophers' Drinking Song, eh? It seems the right time...

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

- Posted      Profile for Jedi Knight   Email Jedi Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Waves at Tealady...

Do you happen to have anything with peppermint, my good merchant?

--------------------

Posts: 61 | From: Fort Misery, Flour-dough | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

After purchasing peppermint tea from the Tealady at an outrageous price, JK sprinkles it about the room to mask the smell of "sick pregnant lady".

--------------------

Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

- Posted      Profile for Angel 6     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Knight:
Waves at Tealady...

Do you happen to have anything with peppermint, my good merchant?

I think I've got a little schnapps here if you want it, kiddo. And, unlike the Tea Lady, the angels don't charge for the goodies!

Angel Chorus:
Oh, it's rum, rum, rum
that makes me want to hum,
on the farm, on the farm!
Oh, it's rum, rum, rum
that makes me want to hum,
on the Palestinian hillside farm!

[Two face] [Two face] [Two face]

--------------------
Rossweisse // The few, the proud, the angelic

Posts: 133 | From: Heavenly Host clubroom | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Musical Director:
Let's have a bit of The Philosophers' Drinking Song, eh? It seems the right time...

I knows the words to that one I does

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
St. Elizabeth

Nativity Play
# 3679

- Posted      Profile for St. Elizabeth   Email St. Elizabeth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Everybody sing!

IIIII-mannuel Kant was a real pissant who was very rarely stable,
Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggaw who could drink you under the table,
Davud Hume could outconsume Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel,
And Wittgenstein was a beery swine who was just as sloshed as Shlebel.

There's nothing Nietzche couldn't teach ya 'bout the raising of the wrist,
Socrates, himself, was permanently pissed.
John Stewart Mill, of his own free will, after half a pint of shanty was particularly ill.
Plato, they say, could stick it away, half a crate of whiskey every day!
Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle,
And Hobbes was fond of his Dram.
And Rene Descartes was a drunken fart:
"I drink, therefore I am."
Yes, Socrates himself is particularly missed;
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed.

--------------------
Elizabeth Anne, who will soon no longer live on Tenth Street.

Posts: 32 | From: Luke 1:42 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
St. Elizabeth

Nativity Play
# 3679

- Posted      Profile for St. Elizabeth   Email St. Elizabeth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, dear, that should read "beggar", not "beggaw" and "Schlegel", not "Shlebel". I blame the booze!

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Thank you ma'ams.

<bows deeply and elegantly>

Is there a problem with something evil that you need help fighting?

You couldn't to owt about sheep could you?

The shepherds seem to have taken the night off

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Peppermint... now that could sort out my indigestion. Yes, I have indigestion something wicked, oh jedi knight.

--------------------
Can you have a white wedding in blue?
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

quote:
Originally posted by Angel 6:
I think I've got a little schnapps here if you want it, kiddo. And, unlike the Tea Lady, the angels don't charge for the goodies!

Dear honorable angel! Many thanks! The tea was some help, but I do think the schnapps will work better.

Do you have...say...a gallon?

--------------------

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ah, that was good! Any special requests, as we're in a 'drunken singing' type mood?

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
Originally posted by Musical Director:
Ah, that was good! Any special requests, as we're in a 'drunken singing' type mood?

There's always the hedgehog song...

--------------------

Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

JK lets two sotted pregnant ladies lean on hi/her strong shoulders. Walks them to the fine Natuzzi leather sofa with tufted arm rests.

Fairy Godmother, I can probably use something in my utility belt to "encourage" the sheep to go to pasture.

--------------------

Techie1

Nativity Play
# 3688

- Posted      Profile for Techie1   Email Techie1   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Turns Elizabeth's mike waaaaay down. [Two face]

<stage whisper> Hey Teacart Lady... Up here... I need something to cool off... these lights are HOT!

--------------------
seeing lights? hearing voices? i can help with that...mysticlisa

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Excuse me, excuse me.

You seem to be forgetting that I am a sweet and innocent young thing, and there are children present. [Angel]

I think I should sing "Ickle Jesus, sweetly sleep".

And please would somebody take this needle out of my belly? Please?

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

- Posted      Profile for Angel 6     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
...Do you have...say...a gallon?

Sure, no prob!
(snaps angelic fingers; one of those water-cooler bottles of the finest peppermint schnapps magically appears)
Enjoy!

Angel Chorus:
Oh, it's wine, wine, wine
that makes me want to shine
on the farm, on the farm!
Oh, it's wine, wine, wine
that makes me want to shine
on the Palestinian hillside farm!

--------------------

Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

Is there anything to eat besides spam, spam, spam and I believe there are a couple more varieties of spam pizza?

Oh, and the Surgeon General says it's not wise to drink while pregnant.

--------------------

Stable Cat

Nativity Play
# 3657

- Posted      Profile for Stable Cat   Email Stable Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*stable cat enthusiastically joins in singing*

YOOOOOOWWWWWLLLLLL............

--------------------
nicolemrw says "meow!"

Posts: 85 | From: the stable | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

Thanks Angel 6! You are indeed a messenger from The Most High!

--------------------

Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

[Angel] [Angel] [Angel]

(Noting that Evil Twin is gently snoring in the womb, Angel 6 carefully removes needle and patches BVM's belly. Then she flies carefully up to the light crew with lots of frosty lager -- the crew are always beer drinkers by choice. Flying back down to stage -- center front, of course -- she sings a surprisingly tender and frankly gorgeous rendition of "Still, still, still." Then she flies off to have a drink herself; she's earned it.)

[Angel] [Angel] [Angel]

--------------------

St. Elizabeth

Nativity Play
# 3679

quote:
Oh, and the Surgeon General says it's not wise to drink while pregnant.

America hasn't been invented yet! We don't need to listen to some "surgeon general"!

--------------------

Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

quote:
Thanks Angel 6! You are indeed a messenger from The Most High!

You know it, babe.

Shall we do something about that cat?

[Angel] [Two face] [Angel] [Two face] [Angel]

--------------------

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*pssst - hey, Angel 6 - the needle, the needle. Don't fly off with the amnio needle.. [Frown]

--------------------
The original bessie rosebride.

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

I keep forgetting, a Jedi sometimes sees the Future, the Past, old friends...long gone.

Here, kitty, kitty, kitty. You can have a nice home in the Jedi Temple...where you'll be appreciated!

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Baaaaaaa.

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

quote:
Originally posted by chief stage manager:
*pssst - hey, Angel 6 - the needle, the needle. Don't fly off with the amnio needle..

Just having it sterilized -- here you go! Let me know when the ET (hmmm...) wakes up.

(Angel 6 tops off the glasses of the BVM and Elizabeth, and, faintly wondering how she turned into the Angel of the Spirits, as it were, gently flies off again.)

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Look, I don't like to be a party pooper, especially as I suppose this is really my party and all that, but I think I ought to go and get some sleep. I still feel a bit dodgy after all that spam, you know. Liz, have you got a room ready for me?

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

JK sits with Liz and Mary and pours a thimbleful of peppermint schnapps to enjoy...

--------------------

Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

quote:
Originally posted by Virgin Mary:
...I think I ought to go and get some sleep. I still feel a bit dodgy after all that spam, you know. Liz, have you got a room ready for me?

Come along -- I'll tuck you in. Here, have some nice hot chocolate.

(Kicks sheep out of the bedroom, makes sure BVM is all comfy, turns down light, kicks sheep out again and locks door, with special anti-sheep device attached, behind her.)

[Angel] [Angel] [Angel] [Angel] [Angel]

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Jesus' evil twin

Nativity Play
# 3702

- Posted      Profile for Jesus' evil twin   Email Jesus' evil twin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Snigger]

*kick*

--------------------
Erin (of course)

Posts: 54 | From: my own room (finally!) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Having been kicked for no reason at all, Sheep 3 exits stage left, looking for those nice dressing rooms.]

Baaaaaa.

--------------------
jlg the sheep

St. Elizabeth

Nativity Play
# 3679

Good night, Mary!

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Turns over in her sleep so that the bulge which is Jesus's evil twin sister is squished firmly up against the ribcage and her feet, arms and head totally incapacitated

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz [Snore]

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Jesus' evil twin

Nativity Play
# 3702

- Posted      Profile for Jesus' evil twin   Email Jesus' evil twin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hey! I can't move! I guess I'll just have to keep myself entertained by singing.

Oh... ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall,
ninety-nine bottles of beer,
take one down,
pass it around,
ninety-eight bottles of beer on the wall.

Ninety-eight bottles of beer on the wall,
ninety-eight bottles of beeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr... [Smile]

--------------------
Erin (of course)

Posts: 54 | From: my own room (finally!) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

Well, Liz...since your cousin has gone to sleep, I'm sure you're ready to hit the sack as well.

I shall bid you adieu (literally), and remember, if your evil what-zis bothers you, just let me know, and I will do what I do best!

<deep Jedi bow>

JK exits stage left, taking schnapps along with...

--------------------

Techie1

Nativity Play
# 3688

- Posted      Profile for Techie1   Email Techie1   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lights out in three.... two... one...

Bzzzzzzzap!

<louder stage whisper>
Teacart Lady!!! Can I get a drink up here????

<mumbling to self> ...not appreciated.... just see how they like doing the @$%&* play in the dark... [Mad]

--------------------

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Who issued the command the kill the lights? [Confused]

No bother, It's way past my dinnertime, anyhow.

--------------------
The original bessie rosebride.

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
St. Elizabeth

Nativity Play
# 3679

Aaahh! Where are the lights? Oh, dear. What to do now?

[Takes out a well-concealed hip flask]

Well, hasn't this been a fun, boozy day? Now to partake in some gin.

[finishes it before anyone can steal it!]

--------------------

Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

- Posted      Profile for Angel 3   Email Angel 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(At this point Angel 3 is lowered down from on high. She has thoroughly enjoyed singing about all of her favourite drinks with Angel 6 plus Hallelujah chorus and Philosopher's drinking song very loudly. But now comes a more reflective moment. Now it is time to sing a lullaby for the two drunken so...er, ladies reclining at her feet. The stage is dimmed, a spotlight shines on her, nicely picking up the highlights in her wings. With harp obbligato, she begins, to the tune of "Away in a manger".)

"Away with a Stranger - what do you expect?
It's nine months of nausea and
It's not over yet.
Her poor feet are hurting and her varicose veins
Look like a roadmap of the outskirts of Staines.

Away with a Stranger - it's really too sad!
She's carrying twins and
One of them's bad.
But one is our Saviour and so she should choose
To do the right thing and cut out the booze.

Away with a Stranger - it's really quite fun!
She's marrying Joseph and
Won't be a nun.
She can't wait for Christmas! From all of us here:
Glad tidings to all and Bee_of_Good_Cheer!"

(Well satisfied with her evening's singing, Angel 3 bows deeply to her wildly cheering audience. Bouquets rain down - she grabs a couple and flies off stage right.)

--------------------
The artist usually known as Duo Seraphim

"Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est."

Posts: 76 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

*a hush descends over the audience, as a lone oboe picks its way tenderly through the melodious strains of 'Sweetness Follows' by REM to string accompianment ... the Musical Director slips off quietly clutching his usual bottle ...*

--------------------

Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

quote:
Originally posted by Techie1:
...Teacart Lady!!! Can I get a drink up here????...

For cryin' in a bucket, I flew all the way up there with an entire CASE of beer. What more do you want? (Flies up with an additional six-pack, mumbling about stagehands and their ilk.)
[Angel] [Mad] [Angel] [Mad] [Angel] [Mad] [Angel]

--------------------

Chief Angel

Nativity Play
# 3706

- Posted      Profile for Chief Angel   Email Chief Angel       Edit/delete post 
[Embarrassed] *Chief Angel slopes onto the stage trying to look inconspicuous* [Embarrassed]

Sorry, am I a bit late?

*Looks around herself and sees BVM is sleeping*

*Sings a beautiful, soft lullaby to send the Evil Twin to sleep too* [Angel]

*Exit CSL*

--------------------
WorkInProgress at her most angelic...

Posts: 42 | From: Heaven/Pantoland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Passer-by 3

Nativity Play
# 3711

- Posted      Profile for Passer-by 3   Author's homepage   Email Passer-by 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Enter stage left. Exit stage right]

--------------------
(W)

Posts: 30 | From: The Wings | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chief Angel

Nativity Play
# 3706

- Posted      Profile for Chief Angel   Email Chief Angel       Edit/delete post 
*Finding the lullaby didn't work, the Chief Angel tries to work out how to get something louder piped to the Evil Twin without disturbing the BVM* [Paranoid] [Confused] [Paranoid]

--------------------
WorkInProgress at her most angelic...

Posts: 42 | From: Heaven/Pantoland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

quote:
Originally posted by Chief Angel:
*Finding the lullaby didn't work, the Chief Angel tries to work out how to get something louder piped to the Evil Twin without disturbing the BVM*

Try something stronger .

--------------------

St. Elizabeth

Nativity Play
# 3679

Some things in life are bad,
They can really make you mad,
Other things just make you swear and curse,
When you're chewing your life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle,
And this'll help things turn out for the best,
And.....
Always look on the bright side of life.
[whistling]
Always look on the light side of life.
[whistling]
If life seems jolly rotten,
There's something you've forgotten,
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps,
Don't be silly chumps.
Just purse your lips and whistle. That's the thing.
And...
Always look on the bright side of life.
[whistling] .........

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Enters stage left, nibbles her way over to BVM's bedrom door, then stands, staring at door and chewing cud.]

Baa.

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Techie1

Nativity Play
# 3688

quote:
Originally posted by Angel 6:
quote:
Originally posted by Techie1:
...Teacart Lady!!! Can I get a drink up here????...

For cryin' in a bucket, I flew all the way up there with an entire CASE of beer. What more do you want? (Flies up with an additional six-pack, mumbling about stagehands and their ilk.)
I am NOT a stagehand! I am a technician!

And besides... <mumbling> I couldn't find the beer in the dark... stupid primadona angel...

<lights slowly come back up>

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016