homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 2: Elizabeth has a Visitor (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 2: Elizabeth has a Visitor
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just as the lights come up and the spotlight illuminates the bedroom door:

*sheep plop*

[Sheep 3 continues staring at the door.]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

- Posted      Profile for Angel 6     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Techie1:
I am NOT a stagehand! I am a technician!

And besides... <mumbling> I couldn't find the beer in the dark... stupid primadona angel...

And WHOSE fault was it that it was dark....?

And I suppose there is a difference between technicians and stagehands: a stagehand would have smelled the beer and had half of it slogged down while the technician was still kvetching.

Please note that the Italian phrase you massacred is properly spelled "prima donna" and properly pronounced "prrrrrima donnnnnna." It means "first lady," and I don't qualify, being a supporting character in the first place, and an angel -- and therefore, virtually genderless -- in the second.

(Flies off regally)

--------------------
Rossweisse // The few, the proud, the angelic

Posts: 133 | From: Heavenly Host clubroom | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Looks up at departing angel.]

Baaaaaaaaaa.

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Stable Cat

Nativity Play
# 3657

- Posted      Profile for Stable Cat   Email Stable Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*stable cat slips quietly in with the bvm, snuggles up, and purrs herself to sleep*

puuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

--------------------
nicolemrw says "meow!"

Posts: 85 | From: the stable | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

Sheep 3 settles down wedged against the bedroom door (which opens out) and falls into a deep, deep sleep.

Baaa..... *sheep snoring sounds*......

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Sheep 2

Nativity Play
# 3714

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 2   Email Sheep 2   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[ Sheep 2, being extremely bored and tired of chewing her cud, begins walking toward what she thinks is the curtain, but slips on the sheep plop and falls down on top of Sheep 3. ]

--------------------
Woozle

Long live the sheep!!

Posts: 36 | From: The Field | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 2

Nativity Play
# 3714

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 2   Email Sheep 2   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Baaaaaaaaoomf!

--------------------
Woozle

Long live the sheep!!

Posts: 36 | From: The Field | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Sheep 3 gives a reflexive kick and nails Sheep 2 in the ribs, all without waking up.]

*ommmph-thud......snore.......*

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rudolph wanders on stage, wondering who's making all that noise. Spots a half-empty bottle of peppermint schnapps someone left behind.

<glug, glug, glug>

<nose lights up>

Satisfied, Rudolph spies a nice warm spot on the floor and goes to sleep.
[Snore]

--------------------
I may be just a purple sheep with a funny nose, but ThatsMrJuice 2U!

Posts: 110 | From: The Sheep Shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[The sleeping sheep dream that a host of angels appear over them, singing:

We are po-oo-or lit-tle sheep
Who have lo-o-ost our wa-a-ay.

Baaa. BAAAA. Baaaaaaaaaa!]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Deputy Chief Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3698

- Posted      Profile for Deputy Chief Shepherd   Email Deputy Chief Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We're missing three sheep. Has anyone...

Spots an inebriated mini-flock

I don't believe this! We're out in that field all night freezing our socks off and you're in here keeping warm & comfortable!

Shepherd yawns, stretches and uses Sheep 2 as a pillow [Snore] [Snore] [Snore] [Snore]

--------------------
Yes, I'm a madferret. And that's my own teatowel.

Posts: 115 | From: seated on the ground | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Assorted Strings

Nativity Play
# 3652

- Posted      Profile for Assorted Strings   Email Assorted Strings   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
<strikes up the mandolin version of "Morning has broken" to wake up Mary, Elizabeth and everyone else.>

I'm back...... bugger, who stood on my violin?

<glares at sheep 3>

Just wait 'til I get my hands on you [Devil]
You'll be shish kebab faster than you can say "baaaa"

<whistles up Techie 1, some Araldite and some cat-gut, and mends the violin>

Aha, that's better - let's try a few experimental open strings... yes...much better. How about a note to tune from?

--------------------
kingsfold's alter ego....

fiddling, plucking and strumming

Posts: 53 | From: the orchestra pit | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Assorted Strings

Nativity Play
# 3652

- Posted      Profile for Assorted Strings   Email Assorted Strings   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
C'mon peoples, wakey, wakey....

Maybe not then.

Tealady, can I have a cuppa and a bacon and egg buttie please, while everyone else is waking up?

--------------------

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You need to tune up? Here's a middle C:

me me meeeee me me mememememe meeeeeeeeeeeeee

Humility is my middle name...

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lowliest Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3650

- Posted      Profile for Lowliest Shepherd   Email Lowliest Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In 4 BC a team of crack shepherds was sent to prison by a Roman court for a crime they didn't commit. They promptly escaped from impending crucifixion to the Bethlehem underground. Today, still wanted by the Romans, they survive as shepherds of fortune. If you have a sheep problem, if no-one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the S-Team.

Come on sheep let's go, come on now let's be having you, there you go into the pen, there now that's you all now, great.

Damn - we need a sheep dog

--------------------
Rob Miller - Ship's TULIP

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yawns, stretches, yawns again...and turns a slight shade of green

Morning Liz... I think I'll pass on the bacon butties if you don't mind, I'm feeling a little....

Jumps out of bed, wraps herself in her fluffy blue dressing gown but doesn't hang around for the slippers, and exits stage left in a rather less than serene hurry

--------------------
Can you have a white wedding in blue?
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Assorted Strings

Nativity Play
# 3652

Mr Musical Director, I am slightly disturbed to discover that you don't appear to know that violins and mandolins, (and the rest of an orchestral string section) tune to A (440), not to middle C.

Please tell me that this was an early morning aberration, and that you gave me a middle C by accident. My confidence in you is ever-so slightly shaky.

(Fortunatetly my pitch is good enough to be able to tune from your dodgy middle C though).

Anyhow, what are we playing next? How about "there's a hole in my bucket" especially for Mary and Liz?

--------------------

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Apologies, Assorted Strings, of course I made a mistake. But what else do you expect at 9:56 in the morning? I am still trying to tune my hosepipe in Bb...

Here's your A:

A

--------------------

Jesus' evil twin

Nativity Play
# 3702

- Posted      Profile for Jesus' evil twin   Email Jesus' evil twin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oooooohhh... my head... who is making all that racket out there? Yo, string boy, SHUT UP!

--------------------
Erin (of course)

Posts: 54 | From: my own room (finally!) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

- Posted      Profile for Spare Shepherd   Email Spare Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Spare Shepherd, hearing of the appeal for a sheep dog, brings in Blossom, her imaginary wee poodle. "Will this help us all, as we gather the sheep together? A small, yapping, imaginary puppy dpg? Or will she just add to the general confusion?"

The Spare Shepherd has a small intellect, but a great imagination. [Big Grin]

--------------------
The last time I checked I was Rowen- really!

Posts: 68 | From: A sheeply village near Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
angel 5

Nativity Play
# 3696

- Posted      Profile for angel 5   Email angel 5   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
angel 5 looks in at the scene with intrest, realising that she has missed most of the scene...
she wanders to the chief angel, right across the stage.

--------------------
and all the angels sang for him, the bells of heaven rang for him
for a boy was born, king of all the world
----
sophs

Posts: 38 | From: in a cattle shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jesus' evil twin

Nativity Play
# 3702

- Posted      Profile for Jesus' evil twin   Email Jesus' evil twin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mmmmm... yappy dog: it's what's for dinner.

--------------------
Erin (of course)

Stable Cat

Nativity Play
# 3657

- Posted      Profile for Stable Cat   Email Stable Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*yapping dog? stable cat rolls over in disgust, covers ears with paws to hide the disgusting sound, and purrs self to sleep again*

purrrrrrrr.....

--------------------
nicolemrw says "meow!"

Posts: 85 | From: the stable | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Assorted Strings

Nativity Play
# 3652

quote:
posted by the Musical DIrector:
Here's your A:

A

Thank you, kind Sir, that's much better. [Big Grin]

quote:
Posted by Jesus' evil twin
Oooooohhh... my head... who is making all that racket out there? Yo, string boy, SHUT UP!

That's string girl to you! Anyhow, I thought you'd appreciate the wake-up call/cat strangle [Two face] so you could create merry whatsit..

--------------------

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

I've had a request for 'How Much is that Doggy in the Window' but I think they potential buyer wants it for culinary purposes, so we'll skip it if you don't mind...

Instead I suggest a rousing rendition of 'Morning Has Broken' with Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince on rap breaks...

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Musical Director:
Instead I suggest a rousing rendition of 'Morning Has Broken' with Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince on rap breaks...

No... no... please please no!!! it's only 12.07 for goodness sakes, and I need a lie in, oh how I need a lie in. Please please please don't get that baby moving again - I've hardly slept a wink all night. Oh, why me????? [Waterworks]

--------------------
Can you have a white wedding in blue?
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Assorted Strings

Nativity Play
# 3652

quote:
posted by the Musical Director:

That's what I suggested ages ago! But jazzed up is much better! I can even do mandolin tremoloes now.

--------------------

angel 5

Nativity Play
# 3696

- Posted      Profile for angel 5   Email angel 5   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
morning has broken,
so have the windows
blackbird has spoken
then been shot dead
with a machete
by the director
oh what a lovely
morning it is

--------------------
and all the angels sang for him, the bells of heaven rang for him
for a boy was born, king of all the world
----
sophs

Posts: 38 | From: in a cattle shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Assorted Strings

Nativity Play
# 3652

Angel 5, have you been subject to the influences of Jesus' evil twin?

--------------------

Chief Angel

Nativity Play
# 3706

- Posted      Profile for Chief Angel   Email Chief Angel       Edit/delete post 
*Stage whispers:* Any Angels out there?

After three:

The news has broken
Gabriel has spoken
He said the babies
Were not Joseph's
He said that they're God's
New recreations
But (here's the best bit),
He did it by text.

Now Mary's gone off
To see her cousin
They spent all last night
Drinking too much
Then they ate pizza
(E.T does not like spam;
But she likes drinking
Needle-fed booze)

Gabriel came to
See what they were doing
But he did not stay
As he's not a GIRL
The fairy GM did
And watched Mr Darcy
But she soon left as
M and L puked

The News has broken
Gossip is raging
Mary is preggers
Don't know who's the dad
But what is certain
Is that she's not well
The babies keep kicking
Her food back up

[Angel] [Two face] [Angel]

*Chief begins to blush as she realises that it's lunchtime and no-one's going to keep their food down now*

Angels are flying
Down from the rafters
To tell the news that
God is to blame
He got her preggers
(It may stop the rumours)
You'll see the result
Sometime next week

*Glad she found the last verse, Chief Angel leads any remaining angels off USR*

[Angel] [Ultra confused] [Angel]

--------------------
WorkInProgress at her most angelic...

Posts: 42 | From: Heaven/Pantoland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gift of Gold

Nativity Play
# 3668

- Posted      Profile for Gift of Gold   Email Gift of Gold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Musical Director:
I've had a request for 'How Much is that Doggy in the Window' but I think they potential buyer wants it for culinary purposes, so we'll skip it if you don't mind...

Awwwh, I know the actions to that one, tsk! [Waterworks]

quote:
Oh well, looks like it's going to be steppin' and windmills for the time being. Beats Christian interpretive dancing (with flag) any day.

Gold body pops her way across the back of the stage while Chief Angel is hangin' in da hood

Ooh I think I've done something funny to my back! [Eek!]

--------------------
the gold bar/ dancer formally known as Annie P.

Posts: 36 | From: fort nox | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
First-aider

Nativity Play
# 3665

- Posted      Profile for First-aider   Email First-aider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hop over here, Gold, and I'll take a look at it..

--------------------
(Quincy)

Posts: 8 | From: within reach of the crash cart | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tour Manager

Nativity Play
# 3670

- Posted      Profile for Tour Manager   Email Tour Manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(voice floats out of the Tour Bus parked just backstage)

...well the phones are shot since the sheep came through here, but the radar, GPS, and radio telescopes are working again now. I don't want to bother anyone, but there seems to be some stellar disturbance shaping up in the fifty-fourth quadrant, looks like it's heading this way. I have no idea what those rays might do to pregnant ladies... maybe Jedi Knight can bring some of his wisdom on this... hello, anyone?...

--------------------
Let's get this show on the roaaaaaaaaaaaa- *boink* (Eutychus)

Posts: 46 | From: Magic Tour Bus | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gift of Gold

Nativity Play
# 3668

- Posted      Profile for Gift of Gold   Email Gift of Gold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by First-aider:
Hop over here, Gold, and I'll take a look at it..

ooo, ow! ahhh. Thats better. [Big Grin]

--------------------

First-aider

Nativity Play
# 3665

- Posted      Profile for First-aider   Email First-aider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just try not to strain too much, okay?
Would you like a Mr Men plaster?

--------------------
(Quincy)

Posts: 8 | From: within reach of the crash cart | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chief Angel

Nativity Play
# 3706

- Posted      Profile for Chief Angel   Email Chief Angel       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tour Manager:
(voice floats out of the Tour Bus parked just backstage)

...well the phones are shot since the sheep came through here, but the radar, GPS, and radio telescopes are working again now. I don't want to bother anyone, but there seems to be some stellar disturbance shaping up in the fifty-fourth quadrant, looks like it's heading this way. I have no idea what those rays might do to pregnant ladies... maybe Jedi Knight can bring some of his wisdom on this... hello, anyone?...

*Chief angel heads in the direction of the tour bus*

Sounds like some kind of meteor shower to me. [Paranoid] And if it is, we shouldn't be worrying rays, more like lumps of rock falling from on high. [Ultra confused] Still, I expect if you ask any one of those passing star-gazers, they might be able to shed some light on it for you...

*Chief Angel makes a sharp exit before TBM has time to throw something her way (eg a wobbly)*

--------------------
WorkInProgress at her most angelic...

Posts: 42 | From: Heaven/Pantoland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gift of Gold

Nativity Play
# 3668

quote:
Originally posted by First-aider:
Just try not to strain too much, okay?
Would you like a Mr Men plaster?

Yes please!! [Big Grin]
All better now.

--------------------

Jesus' evil twin

Nativity Play
# 3702

quote:
Originally posted by Assorted Strings:
That's string girl to you! Anyhow, I thought you'd appreciate the wake-up call/cat strangle [Two face] so you could create merry whatsit..

Boy, girl, whatever -- you're all the same from this side of the uterus.

Okay, I am hungry, I want some food, and I want it NOW. *bangs on wall* Hello, room service? Send down a swamp platter -- fried catfish, fried gator tail and fried frogs' legs, and make sure there's plenty of sweetened iced tea and a key lime pie waiting in the wings. What's that? I don't care that key limes haven't been discovered yet. I suggest you find a way to haul your butt over to the other side of the world and PICK SOME RIGHT NOW. IT IS NOT FLAT!!

Oh yeah, and I want some red velvet cake and some pralines and some ham biscuits and some cheese straws and some Mexican cornbread. Huh? THERE IS TOO SUCH A THING AS MEXICO!!

Gah, I'm surrounded by incompetence. Yo, bro *pokes the quiet, boring twin* you're the promised messiah, can't you DO SOMETHING ALREADY?

--------------------
Erin (of course)

Narrator

Nativity Play
# 3680

- Posted      Profile for Narrator     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all of our viewers
Wherever you are
Let me recap
The story so far.

Gabriel's message
Was sent by text
And Mary was worried
What to do next.

She picked up some chocolates
And a bottle of wine
Went round to see Liz
Who said things would be fine.

Video watching
With sheep and a cat
They all had a night in
With pizza and chat.

But now we must move on
It's soon time for scene three
Curious sightings
From a far galaxy.

--------------------
Chapelhead

Posts: 90 | From: Prompt corner | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016