homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  New poll  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Backstage Noticeboard (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Backstage Noticeboard
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Virgin Mary:
quote:
Originally posted by Musical Director:
*notices no ladies present*

*ahem*
I stand by my original point.

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

- Posted      Profile for Angel 1   Email Angel 1   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

you mean person.
[Waterworks]
A

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Posts: 100 | From: Heaven/bethlehem/the angelic dressing room/on stage | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Angel 1:
quote:

you mean person.
[Waterworks]
A

I'm still standing by my original point [Big Grin]

--------------------

Stable Cat

Nativity Play
# 3657

- Posted      Profile for Stable Cat   Email Stable Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
hello there, this is the cats minder. i'm sorry to say that my little darling probably won't be in the next scene, due to other commitments. and i'm so sorry that she shredded that little black-and-white, um, was it a dog? but after all, the little dear was attacked. really, you should keep dangerous animals like that under control!

--------------------
nicolemrw says "meow!"

Posts: 85 | From: the stable | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

- Posted      Profile for Donkey   Email Donkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Everybody look out! I am here and ready to go on down the road to Bethle,,,ahem. Yeah, that's it!

--------------------
Little Beast of Burden....ha!
aka Lady A

Posts: 74 | From: 4WD The Swamp | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

- Posted      Profile for Director   Author's homepage   Email Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Glad to know you got here safely, Donkey. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miffy

Posts: 109 | From: Her physiotherapist's couch | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Ladies, ladies! *notices no ladies present* Women, women! Please, desist and cease this pointless squabbling. You're upsetting the animals.

I've always said I'm no lady - and I wasn't upsetting any animal - just a fairy

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Am I the only one who misread the Director's location as "From her Psychotherapist's Couch"? Interesting! [Snigger]

--------------------
Can you have a white wedding in blue?
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Baaaaaa [Snigger]

*jingle, jingle*

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

- Posted      Profile for Angel 6     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Herod:
I do not pander to the critics....

That's all right, Your Wickedness -- the critics don't pander to you, either!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Rossweisse // The few, the proud, the angelic

Posts: 133 | From: Heavenly Host clubroom | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

- Posted      Profile for Angel 6     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

you mean person.
[Waterworks]
A

Don't cry. We'll get them later, with the Angelic Kazoo Chorus. They'll be sorry!

[Two face] [Two face] [Two face] [Two face] [Two face]

Angel 6, with a tough hide and no need for a harness

--------------------

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

- Posted      Profile for A very naughty boy   Author's homepage   Email A very naughty boy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pending software problems I may or may not be there tonight, if I'm not there then please leave me sleeping,

Thanks.

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Posts: 92 | From: Somewhere else | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

- Posted      Profile for Director   Author's homepage   Email Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Request from a poor, tired Director... [Snore]

Re: Cafe

Please could we try and keep all shop talk to the Rehearsal Hall and away from the Gangway. It's great to see so many people entering into the spirit of the thing; making the Nativity play the undoubted success it is (Eutychus is snowed under with bookings [Wink] ) but...we do need to give a thought to other people wbo aren't as involved. I'd feel pretty miffed for example,if I logged in and all my fellow coffee drinkers were yattering on about the football results ad nauseam [Snore]

ta
Miffy

p.s. And don't forget the Union noticeboard and audience participation threads. Use them!

[ 16. December 2002, 10:36: Message edited by: Director ]

--------------------
Miffy

Posts: 109 | From: Her physiotherapist's couch | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Deputy Chief Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3698

- Posted      Profile for Deputy Chief Shepherd   Email Deputy Chief Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Director:
Please could we try and keep all shop talk to the Rehearsal Hall

Rehearsal? What's a rehearsal? [Confused]

And we have a Rehearsal Hall? Where? [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
Yes, I'm a madferret. And that's my own teatowel.

Posts: 115 | From: seated on the ground | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

You'll find the Rehearsal Hall in the cafe.
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Miffy

Equity Deputy
Nativity Play
# 3673

- Posted      Profile for Equity Deputy   Email Equity Deputy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I haven't been able to spend time in the cafe recently, but I would be pleased to see supplements to the Deputy Reports posted in the Union Office thread and incorporate any interesting statistics into my spreadsheet archive.

Cheers -

--------------------
Joan [Equity Deputy Dog] Rasch
@ @ @
'_\|/_
{___} Oh, no, not again!

Posts: 33 | From: In a little box on your desk | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

- Posted      Profile for Angel 1   Email Angel 1   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
oops, messed that one up. maybe have been at booze already. ammended version. . . .
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Angel 6:
quote:
quote:

you mean person.
[Waterworks]
A

Don't cry. We'll get them later, with the Angelic Kazoo Chorus. They'll be sorry!

[Two face] [Two face] [Two face] [Two face] [Two face]

Angel 6, with a tough hide and no need for a harness

I like the sound of this. I'll tell you what though, I'm getting mighty sick of being nice all the time. May have to have some dutch courage to get me through tonights performance. When does the bar/tealady start serving?

A

(preview post is your friend)

[Preview post used to be your friend...duplicate post deleted]

[ 17. December 2002, 17:14: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Posts: 100 | From: Heaven/bethlehem/the angelic dressing room/on stage | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

cheers Musical Director!

A

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Even Lowlier Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3691

- Posted      Profile for Even Lowlier Shepherd   Author's homepage   Email Even Lowlier Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How the heck are we supposed to drag out this Angels telling Shepherds scene all night? Anyone else up for a pub crawl?

--------------------
the ferret normally known as Siegfried

Posts: 36 | From: A field in Judea | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

quote:
Originally posted by Even Lowlier Shepherd:
How the heck are we supposed to drag out this Angels telling Shepherds scene all night? Anyone else up for a pub crawl?

Don't ask me, I'm just the Musical Director. You need to ask the Narrator or Director about that side of things [Big Grin]

--------------------

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

OK Listen Up All Cast Members

On Friday we have the big Other Visitors To The Stable Scene. This is the big chance for all the backstage crew, plus any members of the cast who haven't yet had the opportunity or courage to tread the boards to do so.

Please be onstage promptly to get in queue to see the Christ-child (and Evil Twin of course) bearing gifts. But none of this namby-pamby perfume rubbish - bring practical, unusual or just plain expected presents.

So there you are - your big chance to shine. Don't mess it up. Or if you do, do it in a funny manner. And remember - speak slowly and c l e a r l y.

--------------------

Techie1

Nativity Play
# 3688

- Posted      Profile for Techie1   Email Techie1   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stable Cat:
hello there, this is the cats minder...i'm so sorry that she shredded that little black-and-white, um, was it a dog? but after all, the little dear was attacked. really, you should keep dangerous animals like that under control!

Hmmm... the story I heard was that the dog got a pretty good piece of that cat...After all, it was mostly black fur on the stage and the dog is white... Funny how the cat has "other commitments" and won't be showing up... Those other commitments wouldn't be at a vetinary hospital, would it??? [Snigger]

--------------------
seeing lights? hearing voices? i can help with that...mysticlisa

Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

quote:
...When does the bar/tealady start serving?

We don't need no stinkin' tealadies; we're ANGELS, and we can conjure up the stuff with a snap of the fingers.

What would you prefer -- Courvoisier? Single malt scotch? Dom Perignon? Jack Daniels? Bud Lite? The choice is yours, and the Tealady doesn't get a cut!

--------------------

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

quote:
We don't need no stinkin' tealadies; we're ANGELS, and we can conjure up the stuff with a snap of the fingers ... The choice is yours, and the Tealady doesn't get a cut!

I suggest you curb your finger-snapping antics, or you will be cut! I have shares in the Tealady's business venture...

--------------------

Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

quote:
quote:
...When does the bar/tealady start serving?

We don't need no stinkin' tealadies; we're ANGELS, and we can conjure up the stuff with a snap of the fingers.

What would you prefer -- Courvoisier? Single malt scotch? Dom Perignon? Jack Daniels? Bud Lite? The choice is yours, and the Tealady doesn't get a cut!

As is consistent with my current satatus as fallen angel I would like some WKD please.

realsies that please isn't very fallen

NOW

[Devil] [Two face] [Devil] [Two face]

A

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

- Posted      Profile for Mother Mary   Email Mother Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You can't rely on Cub leaders to do the right thing any more, can you? Akela has decided to have a Christmas Party for the Cubs on Friday night, despite all my protestations. I am trying frantically to organise someone to pick Tiddles up after the party, but if I fail to do so, I won't be home and online until about nine. Visitors will just have to form an orderly queue at the stable door and wait patiently. [Big Grin]

(Of course, if Tiddles misbehaves between now and then, I might have to ban him from the party! [Help] )

--------------------
Over 500 posts? No wonder I am exhausted. Wake me in the spring, if you please.(Smudgie)

Posts: 203 | From: Escaped back to real life at last. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Assorted Strings

Nativity Play
# 3652

- Posted      Profile for Assorted Strings   Email Assorted Strings   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
posted by the Musical Director:
On Friday we have the big Other Visitors To The Stable Scene. This is the big chance for all the backstage crew, plus any members of the cast who haven't yet had the opportunity or courage to tread the boards to do so.

Please be onstage promptly to get in queue to see the Christ-child (and Evil Twin of course) bearing gifts. But none of this namby-pamby perfume rubbish - bring practical, unusual or just plain expected presents.

So does this mean I get to toaadle along to the stable as well? I mean, I'm just an everso 'umble (ish) musician?

Hey, wow, must start practising... or, then, when did I ever practise, so maybe not.

--------------------
kingsfold's alter ego....

fiddling, plucking and strumming

Posts: 53 | From: the orchestra pit | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stable Cat

Nativity Play
# 3657

- Posted      Profile for Stable Cat   Email Stable Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Hmmm... the story I heard was that the dog got a pretty good piece of that cat...After all, it was mostly black fur on the stage and the dog is white... Funny how the cat has "other commitments" and won't be showing up...
the cat's grey, love. not black. all that black fur came out of that little mongral of yours.

and, just to be srious and step into my real person for a moment, the other commitments included a seriously sick daughter, and i really don't think the comments are funny.

--------------------
nicolemrw says "meow!"

Posts: 85 | From: the stable | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eek! [Eek!]

As is typical for my w@*#kplace, a Case Review meeting which was supposed to begin an hour ago and was pushed up to this hour has yet to begin.

There is no telling when it will start now, and even worse is how long it will last.

Sorry, I might not be backstage for while this evening. Will sign in as soon as I can. I'm praying as I type for this #@*#### ordeal just to be cancelled. [Tear]

--------------------
The original bessie rosebride.

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

- Posted      Profile for Mother Mary   Email Mother Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chief stage manager:

Sorry, I might not be backstage for while this evening. Will sign in as soon as I can.

Does this mean that the all-purpose stand-in for the understudy will need an understudy to stand in for her? [Confused]

quote:
I'm praying as I type for this #@*#### ordeal just to be cancelled. [Tear]
I hope you are not referring to the nativity play! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Over 500 posts? No wonder I am exhausted. Wake me in the spring, if you please.(Smudgie)

Posts: 203 | From: Escaped back to real life at last. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

quote:
Originally posted by Stable Cat:
and, just to be srious and step into my real person for a moment, the other commitments included a seriously sick daughter, and i really don't think the comments are funny.

Of course we would all, both those in costume and out, like to wish and pray all the best to your daughter. Let us know how she gets on Nicole.

--------------------

Even Lowlier Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3691

- Posted      Profile for Even Lowlier Shepherd   Author's homepage   Email Even Lowlier Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ELS taps his foot and checks his watch impatiently.
I'm waiting.... when's the curtain going up?

--------------------
the ferret normally known as Siegfried

Posts: 36 | From: A field in Judea | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Sheep 3 sends a virtual wooly sheep hug to Stable Cat's sick daughter.]

Baaaaaaaaa.

*snuggle*

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Deputy Chief Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3698

- Posted      Profile for Deputy Chief Shepherd   Email Deputy Chief Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
tap, tap, tap

--------------------

Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

quote:
...I have shares in the Tealady's business venture...

And you prefer that to free magnums of Dom Perignon? Oh, fie.

--------------------

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mother Mary:

quote:
I'm praying as I type for this #@*#### ordeal just to be cancelled. [Tear]
I hope you are not referring to the nativity play! [Roll Eyes]
Let me make myself clearer. [Big Grin]

The Nativity Play is a love. It's my j-o-b I'd love to have the Fairy Godmother turn into a lump of coal. (I suppose she doesn't do evil tricks, though...)

--------------------
The original bessie rosebride.

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The Nativity Play is a love. It's my j-o-b I'd love to have the Fairy Godmother turn into a lump of coal. (I suppose she doesn't do evil tricks, though...)

I'm no Disney fairy Godmother

Your wish is my command (now where did I leave that spell book?)

[ 19. December 2002, 22:54: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Sheep 3 has just discovered the source of the Evil Twin:]

quote:
posted by on Funny things kids say

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

Posted 26. November 2002 22:57

The Sunday School Xmas play was in full swing.
Mary and Joseph came down the aisle of the church, looking very sweet and solemn.
"Mary" looked over at her family.... Daddy, Mummy and the 2 six month old twin boys. They were so proud of her!
They walked behind the pulpit, and re-appeared. Mary loving clutched the baby doll wrapped in a rug.
As clergy MC, I announced that they had been given a son by God. Joseph spoke strongly. "His name is Jesus!"
They walked over to the crib, and were about to lay Jesus therein, when Mary looked troubled. She glanced at me, and I craned my head- aha, a Sunday School teacher had goofed up. There was a baby Jesus doll already there in the crib! What was I to do?
But Mary kept her calm. She picked up the second doll, and announced with great joy "And this one is called Malcolm. He is Jesus' loved twin brother, and they are identical!"
So I did my usual giggle giggle giggle

Actually, upon reflection, the existance of such a twin might explain many of the mysteries found in the gospels....

[ 22. December 2002, 19:07: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Wise Guy
Nativity Play
# 3707

- Posted      Profile for Wise Guy   Email Wise Guy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi, Kelly here. I've been having a rough couple of days, computer/life wise, and I apologise for my abscence on the board. I will be raring to go tomorrow, though.

I suppose I have been aptly punished in that I have missed the Baby Jesus! [Waterworks]

Sorry again...

--------------------
KELLY ALVES makes a flip remark and ends up in a play. Hi, Mom!

Posts: 205 | From: Second star to the right | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chief Wise Man

Nativity Play
# 3674

- Posted      Profile for Chief Wise Man   Author's homepage   Email Chief Wise Man   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a party engagement at 14.00 GMT-6 so I shan't make curtain up. Break a leg; I'm there with you in (Great) Spirit, sibs. It's been fun and has made what would have been a melancholy roll-up to the Big Day filled with splatterings of mirth.

God Bless Us Every One,
(said without tongue in cheek)

CWM/Geek

--------------------
incurablyGeeking westwardly; avatar following yonder star.

Posts: 87 | From: East of Yerushalayem; Ur mebbe... | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

Free to good home.

Several dozen leftover mincepies.

Will swap with creme n' onion Pringles.

(Never again!) [Projectile]

--------------------
Miffy

Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

Calling Pilot, calling Pilot!

Come in Pilot. You're needed onstage.

--------------------
Miffy

Deputy Chief Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3698

Staggers offstage. Grabs at water bottle.

Well. Glad that's over. I like a happy ending!

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

- Posted      Profile for Black Angel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ohhhh there's hours yet for things to go pear-shaped in.

'Specially as our pilot seems to be asleep at the wheel.

Anyone up for the auto-pilot failing? [Snigger]

--------------------
Peronel, Black Angel and Typo Slayer extraordinaire...

Posts: 91 | From: Floating on a little black cloud | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Assorted Strings

Nativity Play
# 3652

- Posted      Profile for Assorted Strings   Email Assorted Strings   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oooh yes, I'll swap you Pringles for the mince pies. Got any brandy butter to go with them?

--------------------

Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

Mmmm, I love brandy butter. unfortunatly I hate christmas pudding, mince pies and anything else that it goes with.

wouldn't mind the pringles though.

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Assorted Strings

Nativity Play
# 3652

This is beginning to sound like we're getting the cast party food sorted.

So far we have:

Mince pies - Director
Pringles - Strings (note to self: keep 'em away from Joseph)
Brandy butter - no offers yet

Anyone else got anything to contribute?
Tea-lady?

--------------------

Tour Manager

Nativity Play
# 3670

- Posted      Profile for Tour Manager   Email Tour Manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Come on you lot! All aboard or we'll never make it to next year's performance!

--------------------
Let's get this show on the roaaaaaaaaaaaa- *boink* (Eutychus)

Posts: 46 | From: Magic Tour Bus | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Assorted Strings

Nativity Play
# 3652

Well, that's it folks. The curtain has descended. The fat lady has sung.

I vote we have three cheers for our Director and Musical Director.

Hip hip.....

--------------------

Passer-by 3

Nativity Play
# 3711

- Posted      Profile for Passer-by 3   Author's homepage   Email Passer-by 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, that's the end of that then. My throats hoarse after those last few scenes.

Secombe: Right. Round the back for the old brandy there!

--------------------
(W)

Posts: 30 | From: The Wings | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  New poll  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016