homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 4: Meet Mary and Joseph (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 4: Meet Mary and Joseph
chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sends more Pringles onstage....(fume) and it'll be me to clean up the sheep plop; seeing as how I still have no stage hands!

No, wait - I'll send out a mop and bucket to Joseph.. [Two face]

--------------------
The original bessie rosebride.

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

- Posted      Profile for Joseph   Author's homepage   Email Joseph   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Virgin Mary:
Pretzels, sweetheart? I'll get them for you now, my dear. Let me put the radio back on for you... you're in time for the second half.

Oh, good.

Yawns. So tired... looks like this might be the kind of sleep featuring DREAMS.

[Snore]

--------------------
Joseph, the not-so-Jesuitical ex-Lad.

Posts: 177 | From: Palestine | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Gently strokes Joseph's forehead to lull him to sleep and waves to attract the musical director's attention Golden Slumbers would be rather handy right now, or something like that, if you'd be so kind, Chris.

Hey, come on angels, I think this is your moment!

--------------------
Can you have a white wedding in blue?
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

- Posted      Profile for Director   Author's homepage   Email Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by chief stage manager:
sends more Pringles onstage....(fume) and it'll be me to clean up the sheep plop; seeing as how I still have no stage hands!

No, wait - I'll send out a mop and bucket to Joseph.. [Two face]

Aha! You're getting the idea. Good, good! [Devil]

--------------------
Miffy

Posts: 109 | From: Her physiotherapist's couch | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*sings* Goodnight sweetheart, well it's time to goooo...

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

- Posted      Profile for Joseph   Author's homepage   Email Joseph   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Musical Director:

[Ultra confused]

Just as I was falling asleep, the most hideous sound... Mary! Check the cat's still alive!

Eesh. And what the heck's this bucket and mop for?

--------------------

Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

- Posted      Profile for Fourth Angel   Email Fourth Angel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*hovers over the radio before Joseph can get to it*

Oh cooo-eeee! Joooooooseph!

--------------------
From the goddess Inanna to the fourth angel from the left.

Posts: 62 | From: The Realms of Glory | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

- Posted      Profile for Director   Author's homepage   Email Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Musical Director:

Ooh! A duet?

Waltzes off into the wings with a beatific smile on her face, and Fairy Godmother's flask in one hand. A trail of pringle crumbs marks her route to the dressing room.

--------------------
Miffy

Posts: 109 | From: Her physiotherapist's couch | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's all right sweetheart... don't worry about it. You just go to sleep.

Whispered shout
Angels... now... it's your big moment...WHERE ARE YOU????

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(pssst....hey, Joe - you're on cleanup detail for the stage area tonight. Sorry, just got here - no time to tell you before....

Heh, heh! [Snigger]

--------------------

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

- Posted      Profile for Fourth Angel   Email Fourth Angel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm here I'm here!

Oi, Joseph. Listen up a minute...

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
Originally posted by Fourth Angel:
*hovers over the radio before Joseph can get to it*

Oh cooo-eeee! Joooooooseph!

[Eek!]

What do you want, strange winged being?

--------------------

Third Singer

Nativity Play
# 3712

- Posted      Profile for Third Singer   Email Third Singer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Any ideas for a song? it's not to late for the backing vocals to the 'Magnificat?'

wanders off mumbling My soul doth proclaim the greantness of the Lord..................

--------------------
AKA Nightlamp

Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

Umm... ummm.. *tries to remember lines. Flicks through Matthew*

Here we go. *ahem*

"Do not be afraid!" Except of the evil twin and the nasty Herod and his henchman. Oh, and possibly of the sheep too. Some of them look like they're verging on evil. And I'm sure that fairy godmother is up to no good either.

Oh. Sorry. "Do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife". That's better.

Does that help?

--------------------

Stable Cat

Nativity Play
# 3657

- Posted      Profile for Stable Cat   Email Stable Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*the singing and yelling have roused the sleeping cat, who decides to join in*

MMMEEEEEOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

--------------------
nicolemrw says "meow!"

Posts: 85 | From: the stable | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

quote:

"Do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife".

Does that help?

A bit of corroborative detail might be useful at this point, angel dear.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
Umm... ummm.. *tries to remember lines. Flicks through Matthew*

Here we go. *ahem*

"Do not be afraid!" Except of the evil twin and the nasty Herod and his henchman. Oh, and possibly of the sheep too. Some of them look like they're verging on evil. And I'm sure that fairy godmother is up to no good either.

Oh. Sorry. "Do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife". That's better.

Does that help?

Yes.

Mary, my profoundest apologies. I have doubted the work of the Lord, and you, my dear wife-to-be. And in so doing, I have strayed from the path of righteousness...

etc. etc. etc.

Anyway, let's celebrate! What would you prefer, dear? Lamb or cat?

[Snigger]

--------------------

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

quote:
Originally posted by Stable Cat:
*the singing and yelling have roused the sleeping cat, who decides to join in*

MMMEEEEEOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

sends large fishing net (of course, why wouldn't a nativity play in fishing villages need one?) out between curtains lower stage left and traps that derned cat, but good!

Drags cat hissing and clawing backstage....

--------------------

Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

- Posted      Profile for Angel 3   Email Angel 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Angel 3 enters and looks meaningfully at Angel 4. Time to take control.In her most severe tone she begins...)

Look here, toolboy, the word Angel means "messenger" as in "a word in your shell like from Him Upstairs".

--------------------
The artist usually known as Duo Seraphim

"Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est."

Posts: 76 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

Either lamb or cat could be nicely microwaved in minutes. Just tell me whether to skin or sheer....

--------------------

Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

Oh well that was awfully easy. [Disappointed]

I was hoping to have to do that nice glowy thing they use on Touched By an Angel and all..

Still, as long as Joseph's convinced...

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Oh, do the glowy thing too!

Go on!

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Oooh, yes. Do the glowy thing.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Stable Cat

Nativity Play
# 3657

- Posted      Profile for Stable Cat   Email Stable Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*stable cat, thoroughly enraged, shreds the net easily, and escapes back on-stage with a mighty leap that takes her solidly on top of the angel's head*

MMMMRRRRROOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!!

--------------------
nicolemrw says "meow!"

Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

quote:
Originally posted by Angel 3:
Look here, toolboy, the word Angel means "messenger" as in "a word in your shell like from Him Upstairs".

What, a cherub can't improvise occasionally? Besides, it did the job, didn't it?

Seeing as you're here, shall we do an angelic duet? The Cherry Tree carol might be apt?

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
From wings loudly

For goodness sakes do the glowy thing and get it over with

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Found a perfect song for this juncture:

'I Want To Kill Your Cat' by Gary Geniesse. See the lyrics right here!

--------------------

Stable Cat

Nativity Play
# 3657

*since the angel doesn't seem to object to her presence, the stable cat curls up on the angels head and settles down for a nap*

puuuuurrrrrrr...........

--------------------
nicolemrw says "meow!"

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

quote:
Originally posted by Stable Cat:
*stable cat, thoroughly enraged, shreds the net easily, and escapes back on-stage with a mighty leap that takes her solidly on top of the angel's head*

MMMMRRRRROOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!!

you're not taking creative liberties with me! No straggly barn cat can possibly claw her way through one of Nazareth's finest fishing nets! They catch oyster toads in 'em and their teeth will chew open an oyster shell - and they can't hack their way through this netting.

Ha! Captured you again. There's a nice four point restraint for you backstage....nice kitty!

--------------------

Stable Cat

Nativity Play
# 3657

*stable cat shreds stage manager's net, and, incidentally, the stage manager as well, escaping handily. she then stalks off in a huff*

hhhhhcckkkkkkppppfffttttt........

--------------------
nicolemrw says "meow!"

Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

With a contended smile, the fourth angel begins to glow radiantly. So radiantly that it'll dislodge any felines hanging around. Forget a halo, she looks like she's been eating ready-brek for the past decade. Or visiting Sellafield. Or something.

A golden aura surrounding her, she smiles sweetly at Joseph and Mary. Her voice softens to an Irish lilt. "I'm an angel. And I'm here t'say that the Father loves you soooo much."

*turns glow off*.

There [Big Grin] [Angel]

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Applauds

Oh, very good!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

quote:
...Her voice softens to an Irish lilt. "I'm an angel. And I'm here t'say that the Father loves you soooo much."...

Time for the Father Ted theme?

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

[Eek!]

That was impressive!

--------------------

Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

*curtsies modestly*

Thank you. I taught that Roma Downey all she knows about glowing.

Not sure about Father Ted though...

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here kitty kitty - are they being horrid to you?

Come to Fairy Godmother - puss puss puss

Would you like some fresh milk with whiskey?

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Sheep 3 enters LSR, comes to a stop in front of Fourth Angel and chews her cud while contemplating the contended smile.]

Baa.

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

*calmly attends to a couple of minor superficial scratches inflicted by Stable Cat. A little antiseptic is enough. No need for a Mr Men plaster, at all. That cat is a wuss.*

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
Originally posted by Fairy Godmother:
Would you like some fresh milk with whiskey?

[Disappointed]

Whiskey is not for cats. It's for humans. To demonstrate this, I shall now proceed to drink all your whiskey.

*glug*
*glug*
*glug*
*glug*
*glug*
*glug*
*glug*
*glug*
*glug*

Dash beddah.

*hic*

Wheresh Mary gone?

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Er.... I'm here, sweetie.

Wonders whether it might have been a better idea to exit stage left while the going was good

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Oh goody goodsh. Whash are we going to call dish liddle babby, den? Ish he going to be a Joe like me? Or do we have to call him shomeshing religioush?

--------------------

Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

The Fourth Angel, no longer glowing, shoves the sheep offstage with a hefty push, before turning back to Joseph with her sweetest smile.

You've got to call him Jesus. At least that's what God said. I suggested Emannuelle for the other one, seeing as God seems to have said to call him that as well. But nobody appears to have picked up on that.

He could always be Jesus Joe?

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Well, I had thought of Engelbert, but apparently we've got to go for the name Jesus. God insisted on choosing, seeing as it was his son. Seems fair enough, I suppose.

And as for this evil twin sister, someone suggested Emanuelle, though I'm a bit worried about the implications of that. I rather like the name Lavinia. What do you think?

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

I shink the evil one should be called Anne! After my mother-in-law!

Geddit? Haw! Haw! Haw!

How about "Karen"? Then she could grow up in my trade and be Karen Carpenter!

Geddit? Haw! Haw! Haw!

Taps Mary's pregnant bump and laughs loudly in its direction.

Do you hear that, kidsh? Haw! Haw! Haw! I'm a comedian! Haw! Haw! Haw!

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

The BVM gets up serenely and waves surreptitiously to the tealady Better make that one very strong coffee, please. Put it on the tab.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Mrs. Herod

Nativity Play
# 3681

- Posted      Profile for Mrs. Herod   Email Mrs. Herod   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Where's that cat? Herod loves chat a la whiskey! I knew that evilhench man would come in handy! Hey take care of the cat can ya love, then take it to the cook thanks yer a darlin'

--------------------
Jemmi

Posts: 4 | From: The Palace | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Hmph.

I don't feel so good. [Embarrassed]

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Oh, will you look at the time, Joe dear. A Virgin most pure such as I am needs her beauty sleep, you know. No, don't worry, I can get my own coat, you just sit there comfortably and I'll be round tomorrow to clean up the Pringle crumbs.

Hmmm... now, that's Joseph convinced.... but I don't think Mum's going to be that easy somehow.....

Serenely exits stage left, followed by a sheep

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

Hey Joe, fancy hitting the bars downtown? I've got a song we can sing!

'Hey Bartender' by the Blues Brothers

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
Originally posted by Virgin Mary:
Serenely exits stage left, followed by a sheep

[Two face]

Wow, doesn't take much to fool her, does it? Time to head down the King Herod's Arms, methinks...

Women!

[Killing me]

Exit stage right.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016