homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 5: The Census Cometh (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 5: The Census Cometh
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

- Posted      Profile for Joseph   Author's homepage   Email Joseph   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Virgin Mary:
Erm...er...Joseph

I don't drink tea!

But dear, you said "WOuld you put the kettle on for me, dearest, I'm dying for a drink and a sit down."

And then I EXPLICITLY SAID I was going to make tea.

So instead of wasting my time, next time I suggest you make your own drink.

[Mad]

--------------------
Joseph, the not-so-Jesuitical ex-Lad.

Posts: 177 | From: Palestine | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*Wanders backstage from dressing room with a smile and wicked glint in her eye carrying a large book of the type that has it's main use propping up a wonky table (it's secondary use is to send people to sleep with boredom) She also has a bag of water pistols ?

Mutters to self : The title of this scene does not appear to make sense.

Now I can understand Joseph having to produce a CIS25 for verification that he is a sub-contractor for British tax purposes but I fail to see why a P45 is relevant unless he is starting work in Bethlehem as a employee. [Confused]

Now if he does not have a P45 it would be appropriate to complete a P46 when he starts work for any new employer otherwise he will be paying emergency tax at base rate week 1 (which mean he will not have any tax allowance). Unless he is a student working during the vacation when he should complete a P38 for non deduction of tax. [Confused]

Now if he is from another country he will have to complete a P86 in order to obtain a tax code, and a P85 on leaving the country in order to reclaim tax paid during his period of work in that country. Therefore he will need to have a P45 from his last employer, a P60 or a statement of earnings.

Now I ought to check the changes to family tax credit, maternity and paternity leave from April 2003 - oh and of course leave for adoptive parents.

[Confused] Hmmmm - lets look at this again.... [Paranoid]

Takes out hip flask and reading glasses

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

- Posted      Profile for Angel 1   Email Angel 1   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Joseph:
And Angel 1! A cup for you too.

Ta.

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Posts: 100 | From: Heaven/bethlehem/the angelic dressing room/on stage | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
With sweet serene smile of delight, BVM rushes off to the dressing room, carrying in her arms a huge carrier bag. She returns wearing a dazzling gown, high necked of course and down to the ankles, made of shimmering blue satin....and somewhat extended at the front. Blushing slightly, she twirls in front of Joseph

Well, what do you think?

--------------------
Can you have a white wedding in blue?
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

- Posted      Profile for Angel 1   Email Angel 1   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Erm...er...Joseph

I don't drink tea!

But dear, you said "WOuld you put the kettle on for me, dearest, I'm dying for a drink and a sit down."

And then I EXPLICITLY SAID I was going to make tea.

So instead of wasting my time, next time I suggest you make your own drink.

[Mad]

come on you two, let's not fall out.

A

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Posts: 100 | From: Heaven/bethlehem/the angelic dressing room/on stage | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Decides just to drink the tea... after all, it's the first time he's ever made her a cuppa

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

- Posted      Profile for Joseph   Author's homepage   Email Joseph   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
With sweet serene smile of delight, BVM rushes off to the dressing room, carrying in her arms a huge carrier bag. She returns wearing a dazzling gown, high necked of course and down to the ankles, made of shimmering blue satin....and somewhat extended at the front. Blushing slightly, she twirls in front of Joseph

Well, what do you think?

Nice. But you owe me an apology over the tea.

--------------------

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Well, what do you think?

*mutters* you look like a big snozzcumber...

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
Originally posted by Musical Director:
quote:
Well, what do you think?

Here, mate, want to insult my darling to my face?

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Oh Joseph, you like it! [Big Grin]

runs over and gives him a tiny pure-virgin-style kiss on the top of his head

Oh, and I am sorry about the tea, my sweet. It was my fault entirely, I should have said before. It's delicious, honest - I am growing to like tea. And you were such a sweetheart for making it Well, it's worth a lie or two, seeing as he didn't notice the price tag on the dress

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Well, what do you think?

More like a hyperactive bluebottle...

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Sheep 3 emerges from stage left, where she has been hanging out with the camels, wanders over to the BVM and begins nibbling at the hem of her dress..]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Yes, why? Do you want to join in?

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

quote:
quote:
quote:
Well, what do you think?

Oh, my hero!!!!!!!!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

shoos away the sheep by getting it to attack the fairy godmother

there's a good little sheep . . . .

A

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

Puts down large officiallly boring book and takes another swig at her hip flask

A fight - I likes a good fight I does [Snigger]

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
quote:

Yes, why? Do you want to join in?
Right. That's it.

Switches on buzzsaw.

Come over here and say that to my face.

--------------------

Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

quote:
Originally posted by Fairy Godmother:
Puts down large officiallly boring book and takes another swig at her hip flask

A fight - I likes a good fight I does [Snigger]

hope you lose. . .!

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Oh Joseph, you're such a .... man!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(to Musical Director:)

Your choice of nasty weapons from the props table.

--------------------
The original bessie rosebride.

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

*switches on Marshall 8x12 combo*

OK, wood-boy...

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

Moves chair closes to stage to get a better view

Come on! Get on with it!

All words and no action these men

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Gazes admiringly at Joseph

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Sheep 3, startled and confused by the sudden loud buzzing noise, runs and butts at Angel 1 instead of Fairy Godmother.]

Baaaaaaaaaa.

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

quote:
Originally posted by Sheep 3:
[Sheep 3, startled and confused by the sudden loud buzzing noise, runs and butts at Angel 1 instead of Fairy Godmother.]

Baaaaaaaaaa.

oooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww, First aid!

A

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In the absence of First-aider (again), rushes to aid of Angel 1, with Crash Cart and all implements of life-saving.

--------------------

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Dives at Music Director, wielding buzzsaw.

Gotcha, you worthless lump of music-making phlegm! That's your lyre reduced to smithereens.

Now, crowd, should I show mercy - or take the guy's head off?

Turns to spectators, awaiting a show of .

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:

Baaaaaaaaaa.

Way to go sheep! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

If you're awaiting a show-off, Joseph, the crowd have one already on stage. You.

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Oh Joseph, you are so brave and manly. I think I love you.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Show of thumbs!

(Nothing like an inability to type to add to the tension.)

--------------------

Herod

Nativity Play
# 3649

- Posted      Profile for Herod   Author's homepage   Email Herod   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Now, crowd, should I show mercy - or take the guy's head off?

Start by planing his feet, then slowly move up.

Just a suggestion.

--------------------
#I'm Herod the Great, I am, I am.#

Stoo

Posts: 159 | From: Palestine | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

yee, gads! [Eek!]

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
Oh Joseph, you are so brave and manly. I think I love you.

[Projectile]

--------------------

Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

performs huge deathbed scene, realises angels don't die, then decided to get up as she only has a grazed knee

right. now to add sheep to list of cast members that p**s me off. . . .

A

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

I've heard that he needs a good scraping with a wire brush, Joseph darling.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

*breaks into 'Who Do You Think You Are' by the Spice Girls*

Just remember whom you are addressing, young man.

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Go on, Joseph! Sort him out!!!! He's been asking for this for a long time, jumped up little upstart!!!!!

Hands Joseph his turbo-powered drill

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
*breaks into 'Who Do You Think You Are' by the Spice Girls*

Just remember whom you are addressing, young man.

Err. Yes, sir. Good point, sir. Have a complimentary bookend, sir. Made it myself.

Mary, I think I've given this guy the lesson he needs. Let it never be said that I allowed you to be insulted publicly.

Now, let's get back to packing, yes?

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Cheep 3, terrified by the glitter of all the cheap trim on Herod's costume, takes a run at him, inadvertently knocking Fairy Godmother into the orchestra pit.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

[Knocks down Herod, exits stage left and hides in the middle of all the camels.]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

- Posted      Profile for Director   Author's homepage   Email Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
The shirts are great! Apart from the pink one. You can take that back. I'll be damned if I'm going to walk around town looking like a wooft...

Stops mid-word. Glances nervously at disapproving Director.

Anyway, as I was saying, it might give the wrong impression.

Oh, and the trip is non-negotiable. Pregnant or no, we all have to go. So get packing!

Excuse me! I'll have you know Mr Director wears pink shirts, and no way is he...(ahem) [Disappointed]

Sidles up to Mary, giving Joseph a suitably reproving glare en route.

A word in your ear, dear. Don't you get started on this ironing lark. Give him an inch and he'll take a mile. Oh, it starts innocently enough: "Be an angel, darling, and run an iron over these hand-embroidered linen gowns." Next thing you know, he'll have you chained to the wretched board 24 hours a day!

Oh, and if you have to do it, steer clear of those 100% cotton, Jermyn Street jobs. All those fiddlly collar stiffeners blocking the machine filter, and no engineers to be found for love nor money.

And they need ironing damp as well.

[ 13. December 2002, 22:01: Message edited by: Director ]

--------------------
Miffy

Posts: 109 | From: Her physiotherapist's couch | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Er... is that it?

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

quote:
Err. Yes, sir. Good point, sir. Have a complimentary bookend, sir. Made it myself.

OK, that's better. Now lets put this unpleasantness behind us and move on with the scene before someone's dressing room mysteriously gets moved to near the bins out the back.

--------------------

Stable Cat

Nativity Play
# 3657

- Posted      Profile for Stable Cat   Email Stable Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*stable cat, startled by all the ruckas, leaps from open suitcase into the wings*

mrrrrrow?

--------------------
nicolemrw says "meow!"

Posts: 85 | From: the stable | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

quote:
[Cheep 3, terrified by the glitter of all the cheap trim on Herod's costume, takes a run at him, inadvertently knocking Fairy Godmother into the orchestra pit.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

[Knocks down Herod, exits stage left and hides in the middle of all the camels.]

MMMWwwwwwwwhahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahah hahahahahhahahahahahahahhaha(evil laugh)

a

[Horizontal scroll nightmare...]

[ 13. December 2002, 22:04: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
Er... is that it?

'Fraid so.

He's threatening my dressing room... [Waterworks]

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
[Sheep 3, terrified by the glitter of all the cheap trim on Herod's costume, takes a run at him, inadvertently knocking Fairy Godmother into the orchestra pit.

Picks herself up from amongst the music stands

What the...

Oh sorry - didn't see you under there.
Would you like me to get off of you?

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Once again, Sheep 3 hears a mysterious angelic chorus singing quietly "Preview Post is Your Friend" and wonders what it is. But at least she doesn't mess up the horizontal scroll.]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rudolph peeks out from behind the stage curtain, wondering where all that ruckus is coming from. Looks around to see if any of those wise guys are around. [Paranoid] Seeing none, Rudolph walks out on stage, sees a pile of census forms. Since there's no snacks anywhere around, Rudolph grabs a mouthful of forms and munches away.

--------------------
I may be just a purple sheep with a funny nose, but ThatsMrJuice 2U!

Posts: 110 | From: The Sheep Shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Herod

Nativity Play
# 3649

- Posted      Profile for Herod   Author's homepage   Email Herod   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Knocks down Herod, exits stage left...

<Dusts himself off>

Right. That's another one on the list then.

<Takes out small book>

"She-ep 3"

#He's making a list, he's checking it twice, gonna find out who's gonna get sliced...#

--------------------
#I'm Herod the Great, I am, I am.#

Stoo

Posts: 159 | From: Palestine | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016