homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 6: On the road to Bethlehem (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 6: On the road to Bethlehem
A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

- Posted      Profile for A very naughty boy   Author's homepage   Email A very naughty boy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[sees petrol station in the distance]

Regardless - I need petrol. Get your money out Mary.

[pulls up to pump, climbs out the car and starts filling the tank]

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Posts: 92 | From: Somewhere else | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Even Lowlier Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3691

- Posted      Profile for Even Lowlier Shepherd   Author's homepage   Email Even Lowlier Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[waking up and looking around dazedly, then grabbing on for dear life]
And my mother said shepherding was a safe occupation!!!!!! Aieeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
the ferret normally known as Siegfried

Posts: 36 | From: A field in Judea | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Excuse me one minute. I don't like to appear ungrateful or anything, but... I mean, you were going this way anyway... How about I pay half? Or two thirds (me and the donkey?). Do they do any free gifts with the petrol?

--------------------
Can you have a white wedding in blue?
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Sheep 3 sniffs and blinks as a moped races past, recognizes the scent of Fairy Godmother, and lurches over the Donkey and into the front seat, attempting to escape.]

Baaaaaaaaaaa. Baaaaaaaaaaaaa!

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

- Posted      Profile for A very naughty boy   Author's homepage   Email A very naughty boy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Free gifts, are you joking. You'll pay the full tank or you, the donkey, the sheep and the luggage are staying right here.

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

- Posted      Profile for Director   Author's homepage   Email Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
<Whistling happily. This is in no way connected with the hip flask that Fairy Godmother left behind in her hurry to get out of the haystack>

All together now...

[Yipee]

--------------------
Miffy

Posts: 109 | From: Her physiotherapist's couch | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

- Posted      Profile for Donkey   Email Donkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Donkey happily crunches on his carrot, looks over to see the sheep, and offers half) He humms crunchily offering Mary the other ear to scratch.

--------------------
Little Beast of Burden....ha!
aka Lady A

Posts: 74 | From: 4WD The Swamp | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Looks longingly at her luggage; thinks about the fact that she hasn't a clue where she is, and if the donkey's carrying her it won't be able to map-read; remembers she needs to get to the Plaza in time to meet Joseph. Smiles serenely at Brian

Ok then. But maybe we could do a deal on the sheep!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Even Lowlier Shepherd:
[waking up and looking around dazedly, then grabbing on for dear life]
And my mother said shepherding was a safe occupation!!!!!! Aieeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

Wheeeeeeeeee!!! You OK back there?

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

If you're willing to pay for the cleaning bill for the sheep then you can have it - deal done and dusted - now go pay - the poor chap inside is getting impatient.

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

- Posted      Profile for Donkey   Email Donkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Donkey spits carrot pieces and donkey spit all over Brian, WHAT!?!?!

--------------------
aka Lady A

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Mary shrugs... she doesn't half pick 'em.... and goes on in to pay for the petrol. Still, it's on Joseph's card, so that still leaves the cash for a bit of last-minute shopping in Bethlehem whilst waiting for him to arrive

--------------------
(Smudgie)

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

[Dusts carrot off jacket and glares at donkey]

Come on Mary, we need to get going.

[Starts engine]

*under breath*Women, they take forever! [Disappointed]

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

quote:
Originally posted by A very naughty boy:
If you're willing to pay for the cleaning bill for the sheep then you can have it - deal done and dusted

Hmmm... that wasn't quite what I meant, actually Brian! I thought we might just leave the sheep here as a, well a deposit! I hear they like sheep in Wales. It'd make a bit more room for the donkey too.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

(Grins sheepishly) Sorry, I just hope she got me somethin' in there.

--------------------
aka Lady A

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

You never did study geography, did you Mary?

We're not in Wales. They don't have Romans there yet. *I* should know.

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Smiles serenely at Brian

Ooops!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Donkey:
(Grins sheepishly) Sorry, I just hope she got me somethin' in there.

I wonder what kind of donkey treats are available in a petrol station? [Eek!]

--------------------
The original bessie rosebride.

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jesus' evil twin

Nativity Play
# 3702

- Posted      Profile for Jesus' evil twin   Email Jesus' evil twin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*goes VERY quiet and VERY still, alongside the boring twin that isn't moving either*

--------------------
Erin (of course)

Posts: 54 | From: my own room (finally!) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Sheep 3 notices that it is raining and reconsiders need to escape; being a Palestinian sheep, she isn't much used to rain. She clambers back into the rear seat, next to the hay bale.]

Baa.

*munch*

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*Fairy Godmothers screeches to a halt on the outskirts of Bethlehem - dust cloud behind her*

Right now to catch me a sheep

*Rolls up sleeves, unstraps shepherd from back of moped and lays him in the road*

Just lie there whilst I does a bit of tinkering

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Even Lowlier Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3691

- Posted      Profile for Even Lowlier Shepherd   Author's homepage   Email Even Lowlier Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[tapping Fairy Godmother on the shoulder]
(shouting over the rushing wind)Er... wasn't that the car back at the gas station we just passed?

--------------------
the ferret normally known as Siegfried

Posts: 36 | From: A field in Judea | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

[Places car in second, and wheelspins out of garage, leaving a cloud of dust]

# Turns stereo back on #

Lemme hear ya say yeah! (wow!)
Lemme hear ya say yeah! (wow!)
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no ,no ,no, no there's no limit!
no, no, no ,no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no there's no limit!
No no limits, we'll reach for the sky!
No valley to deep. No mountain too high.

yee haaaa!

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Here you go, Donkey.. a man round the side of the service station there came up to me and asked me if I wanted to buy some grass so I got it for you. Doesn't look much like grass to me, but he assured me it was best quality. Hope that's OK.

Smiles her sweet and innocent smile at the donkey and passes a brown paper bag over into the back seat

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!

Don't you think you're going just a little too fast?

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Baby Jesus

Nativity Play
# 3729

- Posted      Profile for Baby Jesus   Email Baby Jesus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jesus' evil twin:
*goes VERY quiet and VERY still, alongside the boring twin that isn't moving either*

*well-behaved twin heaves a big sigh of relief, hoping that Cyril doesn't notice, and settles down for a bit more sleep

[Snore]

--------------------
Few people know that Beethoven's daughter is really the Son of God!

Posts: 13 | From: the manger | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Virgin Mary:
Here you go, Donkey.. a man round the side of the service station there came up to me and asked me if I wanted to buy some grass so I got it for you. Doesn't look much like grass to me, but he assured me it was best quality. Hope that's OK.

Smiles her sweet and innocent smile at the donkey and passes a brown paper bag over into the back seat

This was on my props table? Alright! Wonder if there is more about? [Wink]

--------------------

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
Originally posted by Even Lowlier Shepherd:
[tapping Fairy Godmother on the shoulder]
(shouting over the rushing wind)Er... wasn't that the car back at the gas station we just passed?

Sorry down there - yes it was but we're going to catch us a sheep

Fancy Lancashire hot pot for dinner tonight?

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

quote:
Originally posted by Virgin Mary:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!

Don't you think you're going just a little too fast?

The babies are both sweetly sleeping and not stirring... which in itself is a miracle for little Cyril. I'd hate anything to disturb their comfortable sleeping and deep slumbering.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

Just looks like a bunch of weeds to me, tastes funny too...but Hay, look over there, is that the lights of Bethlehem, or am I just seeing things?

--------------------
aka Lady A

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

*Locates another brown paper bag...*

I wonder if the Director would like to share? A little backstage tranquility would be way cool.
[Cool]

--------------------

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

[Flies past a road sign]

code:
A666

Bethlehem 5
Herod's Palace 15
Egypt 6921.38492

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

*Using her advanced mechanics skills and with help of her magic wand the Fairy Godmother constructs a roadblock bearing the sign "STOP"

OK Shepherd get ready to grab that sheep

--------------------

Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

(Immediately asks) Are we there yet? I'm getting a little hungry just now. Brownies perhaps! Hay, that stuff would be great mixed in with some brownies, let me just look in Joe's suitcase here...
(Donkey opens suitcase and rummages inside, begins to throw things all over car..)

--------------------
aka Lady A

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

The BVM sighs with relief at the sight of the road sign. They are on the right route after all. She had been a little worried that the nice young man might be leading her a little astray. Suddenly the sounds of "ickle donkey" once again herald the arrival of a message from Joseph

U THERE YET?
JUST LOCKING UP SHOP
FORMS FILLED - MOSTLY
HAD TO GUESS AT VITAL STATS NOW!
LUV 2 JES AND CYRIL
JOE
PS - GET ME A BEER IN

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

- Posted      Profile for Director   Author's homepage   Email Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by chief stage manager:

I wonder if the Director would like to share? A little backstage tranquility would be way cool.
[Cool]

<Emerging from Google Search smelling suspiciously of something the donkey left behind>

She would indeed! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miffy

Posts: 109 | From: Her physiotherapist's couch | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

(I have brownies. Trade you for the Pringles in Joseph's shoe in the suitcase.)

--------------------

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

[Sees an *well, what's the politically correct way of putting this?* Fairy Godmother holding a stop sign in the middle of the road]

[Stops in a cloud of dust]

Wait a minute - Fairy Godmothers aren't real.

[ 14. December 2002, 22:33: Message edited by: Director ]

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

JOE DARLING
ALMOST THERE
DONKEY HAD SURPRISING TURN OF SPEED
MET A NICE GUY CALLD BRIAN
U'D LIKE HIM
CAN'T W8 2 C U
LUV BVM

--------------------
(Smudgie)

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

quote:
Originally posted by Director:
quote:
Originally posted by chief stage manager:

[Cool]

<Emerging from Google Search smelling suspiciously of something the donkey left behind>

She would indeed! [Big Grin]

OK. Grab some snacks from the backstage bar.

--------------------

Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

Sure SM. Here ya go!

--------------------
aka Lady A

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

[Eek!]

Mary - I need confirmation that there is a Fairy on the road. Have I been driving too long? And all you can do is play with that Mobile! [brick wall]

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
[See's an *well, what's the politically correct way of putting this?* Fairy Godmother holding a stop sign in the middle of the road]

This one is sunshine

OK - we're looking for a woolly animal with the brain of a pea

--------------------

Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

quote:
[Sees an *well, what's the politically correct way of putting this?* Fairy Godmother holding a stop sign in the middle of the road]

<Whispers from wings>

Psst! Remember what it said in 'Peter Pan?!' [Wink]

[ 14. December 2002, 22:32: Message edited by: Director ]

--------------------
Miffy

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Sheep 3, who has once again dozed off while eating, disappears beneath a huge pile of stuff the Donkay threw out of the suitcases.]

*silence*

--------------------
jlg the sheep

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

I thought it was meant to be Joseph that had dreams, and he aint even here! [Disappointed]

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Fairy ... meet Brian.
Brian... meet Fairy. [Big Grin]

There, will that do? Of course she's a real imaginary Fairy Godmother, Brian. Don't you read your Bible? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

I can see one! I can see one! Wow, there's a lot of them around! Wings, halos, and everything. Do ya think they grant wishes too?

--------------------
aka Lady A

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

hmmmmmm

How much will you give us for it Fairy?

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

OK this won't take long

Opens car door and grabs sheep by throat

Brian - I need a hand with this creature.

You take it's rear end for me there'a a good lad

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016