homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 8: Finding the Inn/The Birth (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 8: Finding the Inn/The Birth
Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

- Posted      Profile for Jedi Knight   Email Jedi Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Narrator:
quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Knight:
Fairy Godmother, you suppose we can work up a little display to amuse these folks?

So much for that idea.

How about a tag-team match. Jedi and Fairy against Herod and Evil Twin?

Now that is more like what's written in my job description!

I can just see it...a little purple fairy and a brown-robed Jedi fighting a purple robed Herod and a baby ???

--------------------
jj says-Don't y'all bad guys be messin' with those babies, now y'hear?

Posts: 61 | From: Fort Misery, Flour-dough | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You forgot? You forgot???????
That's a great one that is!

Scowls serenely at Fairy GodmotherI don't know what you're grinning at!

Joseph, I just don't believe it. I reminded you five thousand times. Honestly, if you want anything doing....

Look, I can't hang around here anyway, let's go and see if they can squeeze us into the honeymoon suite.

Ah!

Talking of honeymoons.....

--------------------
Can you have a white wedding in blue?
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sheep 3:
[Sheep 3 attempts to climb into limo]

*jingle jingle*

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

*jingle jingle*

*Sits up and shakes head from side to side*

Must see the doctor about this tinitus [Frown]

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jesus' evil twin:
List of things to do once I'm on the outside:

1. Kill animals
2. Kill sexist pig of a stepfather
3. Find nearest vodka bar

Still joyfully awaiting your birth. Will you join our tag team match after you complete these tasks?

--------------------
The original bessie rosebride.

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Joseph, you promised to marry me before we came to Bethlehem. Don't tell me you conveniently forgot that too!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

- Posted      Profile for Joseph   Author's homepage   Email Joseph   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Virgin Mary:

I knew you'd understand, babe. I mean, you're not an unreasonable lady, are you?! If you will make me do everything, I'm liable to forget things.

I'm only human.

Anyway, if I'm getting your drift, you want to get hitched? The thought's been on my mind every moment I've spent without you. Lucky for us, I saw a 24-Hr Rent-A-Rabbi on the way here.

Driver, to the Rent-A-Rabbi!

--------------------
Joseph, the not-so-Jesuitical ex-Lad.

Posts: 177 | From: Palestine | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

quote:
Originally posted by Joseph:
quote:

I knew you'd understand, babe. I mean, you're not an unreasonable lady, are you?! If you will make me do everything, I'm liable to forget things.

I'm only human.

Anyway, if I'm getting your drift, you want to get hitched? The thought's been on my mind every moment I've spent without you. Lucky for us, I saw a 24-Hr Rent-A-Rabbi on the way here.

Driver, to the Rent-A-Rabbi!

Glances back at Brian still sleeping sweetly in the front seat of the Skoda and wonders whether she really is making the right move. Rent-a-rabbi??? This is not exactly the white wedding she'd dreamed of [Tear]

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Joseph!!!! The LUGGAGE!!!!!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

- Posted      Profile for Joseph   Author's homepage   Email Joseph   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Joseph!!!! The LUGGAGE!!!!!

[Ultra confused]

Oh, and Rent-A-Rabbi looks very good, so you can stop being all suspicious.

They do free jacket potato and shandy receptions after the ceremony, y'know?

--------------------

Evil Henchman

Nativity Play
# 3705

- Posted      Profile for Evil Henchman   Email Evil Henchman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mary, if you still need a midwife I can help? And I'm a great babysitter. The kids will be fine with me...

--------------------
I've left my toasting fork with my alternate personality Sarkycow.

Posts: 118 | From: The Guardhouse | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

JOSEPH!!!!! WE'VE LEFT THE LUGGAGE IN THE SKODA!!!!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Sheep 3 settles down on the floor of the limo and begins chewing her cud]

*jingle*

Baa.

*chew, chew*

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
JOSEPH!!!!! WE'VE LEFT THE LUGGAGE IN THE SKODA!!!!

"We've"... that's a laugh.

Look, the only slot open at Rent-A-Rabbi...

Points to shop window.

Is now. We either get married, or we get luggage. The choice is yours.

--------------------

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sheep 3:
[Sheep 3 settles down on the floor of the limo and begins chewing her cud]

*jingle*

Baa.

*chew, chew*

Why? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*sings* we're <thud> going to the chapel and we're <thud> gonna get maaaaaried...

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Looks at Joseph... looks back towards where they left the Skoda... looks at Joseph again..

Luggage!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*Manoeuvres herself out of car door*

I hate sleeping on back seats of cars - no leg room [Wink]

Now where am I?

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Ooops, Mary suddenly remembers that they haven't booked at the Plaza and Bethlehem is filling rapidly. And Joseph is, after all, the man of her dreams..... isn't he?

I mean to say, luggage? That can wait. Joseph, I want to live with you for ever. [Love] Let's get married now [Big Grin]

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
Looks at Joseph... looks back towards where they left the Skoda... looks at Joseph again..

Luggage!

Driver, back to the skoda.

I can't believe this... we're MEANT TO BE MARRIED BEFORE YOU GIVE BIRTH! It says so in the gosp- I mean, I heard it prophecied.

By an angel!

{sotto voce}

If that excuse was good enough for her, it's good enough for me.

--------------------

Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

- Posted      Profile for Jedi Knight   Email Jedi Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Evil Henchman:
Mary, if you still need a midwife I can help? And I'm a great babysitter. The kids will be fine with me...

*Ahem!!!*

I knew I sensed great evil!

--------------------

Posts: 61 | From: Fort Misery, Flour-dough | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Evil Henchman

Nativity Play
# 3705

- Posted      Profile for Evil Henchman   Email Evil Henchman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Projectile]
[Projectile]
[Projectile]
[Projectile]
[Projectile]
[Projectile]
[Projectile]
[Projectile]

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

With a serene smile, Mary grabs Joseph's hand and runs into Rent-a-Rabbi. It may not be a white wedding, but at least she's wearing something blue!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Jesus' evil twin

Nativity Play
# 3702

- Posted      Profile for Jesus' evil twin   Email Jesus' evil twin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Woman, you better find a place to birth me soon, it is TOO CROWDED in here with ol' what's-his-butt. He keeps trying to take my gun away.

Tag team? Is this a cage match?

--------------------
Erin (of course)

Posts: 54 | From: my own room (finally!) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
Ooops, Mary suddenly remembers that they haven't booked at the Plaza and Bethlehem is filling rapidly. And Joseph is, after all, the man of her dreams..... isn't he?

I mean to say, luggage? That can wait. Joseph, I want to live with you for ever. [Love] Let's get married now [Big Grin]

Oh, good grief. Make your mind up.

Driver, back to Rent-A-Rabbi. And fast!

--------------------

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

quote:
With a serene smile, Mary grabs Joseph's hand and runs into Rent-a-Rabbi. It may not be a white wedding, but at least she's wearing something blue!

[Frown] I can't believe it - she's actually gonna marry HIM [Disappointed]

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Wow, that was quick. There I am, delivering orders to the driver, and we're already here.

Clever fella, Bert.

Addresses young woman behind Rent-A-Rabbi desk.

Hey kid, is Rabbi Blue available? We want a Budgeto-Express Wedding, and we want it now.

Young woman sighs, and waves Mary and Joseph through. Joseph turns to Mary.

There! See? Told you I had it all planned out.

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
Originally posted by Jesus' evil twin:
Woman, you better find a place to birth me soon, it is TOO CROWDED in here with ol' what's-his-butt. He keeps trying to take my gun away.

Tag team? Is this a cage match?

Hey - I'm not going fight that [Help]

Not that I'm a coward - it's just that I know what's best for my self preservation

[ 16. December 2002, 21:07: Message edited by: Director ]

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Budgeto-Express ????

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

- Posted      Profile for Fourth Angel   Email Fourth Angel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Do you need a witness? Or a best ma.. er, best angel or something?

With that Lavinia, you're going to need all the angelic help you can get.

--------------------
From the goddess Inanna to the fourth angel from the left.

Posts: 62 | From: The Realms of Glory | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
Budgeto-Express ????

Yeah. It was nice, wasn't it? Thought we might actually get to see the rabbi, but apparently not. And that loudspeaker he was talking to us from the next room through looked awful like a cassette player to me.

But hey, you're my little Mrs Carpenter now!

[Love]

--------------------

Evil Henchman

Nativity Play
# 3705

Fairy godmother is a wussy wimp who needs a good butt kicking.

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

I was going to ask the Fairy Godmother to be bridesmaid, but.....

and besides, it looks like she might be busy.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

quote:
Originally posted by Joseph:
quote:
Budgeto-Express ????

Yeah. It was nice, wasn't it? Thought we might actually get to see the rabbi, but apparently not. And that loudspeaker he was talking to us from the next room through looked awful like a cassette player to me.

But hey, you're my little Mrs Carpenter now!

[Love]

Hmmmmmmm... not quite what I had expected, but the honeymoon suite at the Plaza will make up for that, I'm sure. Oh Joseph, I do so love you! [Love] Where's the ring?

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Evil Henchman

Nativity Play
# 3705

Jesus' evil twin, do you want a gun or sword or anything? I got a sweet little daggar here - will nicely reach a person's heart when you hug them and stab them [Wink]

[ 16. December 2002, 21:06: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
Fairy godmother is a wussy wimp who needs a good butt kicking.

I heard that - pardon?

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Sheep 3 climbs out of the limo while Mary and Joseph are inside getting married, and wanders off looking for something to eat.]

Baaaaaaa

*jingle jingle jingle*

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Ring?

Ahhh, yes. Ring.

Snatches can of Coke from deskgirl, rips off ring-pull. Spits. Polishes. Hands to BVM(C.)

There you go, honeypumpkin!

Now, let's see if we can find somewhere to sleep tonight...

--------------------

Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

JK sits with fingers in ears...

I do not crave Excitement and Adventure.

lalalalalalalala...I can't hear you! lalalalalala

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Mary smiles sweetly at Joseph [Disappointed] He does his best, bless him, and his heart's in the right place... besides, by the feel of things, she'd better not hang around. She returns to the limo, walking a little awkwardly, and manouevres herself back in. The limo speeds off in the general direction of the Bethlehem Plaza

--------------------
(Smudgie)

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Knight:
JK sits with fingers in ears...

I do not crave Excitement and Adventure.

lalalalalalalala...I can't hear you! lalalalalala

We crave it! Mediocrity and blandness doesn't make a vivid plot. We need hype and plenty of it.

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Having thankfully leapt in the limo before it sped off, Joseph turns to his dear wife.

There, there. I'm sure it'll all be fine.

Slaps pregnant bump.

Hear that, chaps? It'll ALL be FINE!

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

*Picks up discarded road map and studies it*

Ummm - just as I thought, just round the corner

*Wanders off in search of Hotel*

--------------------

Evil Henchman

Nativity Play
# 3705

Evil Henchman waves car down, and says:

Mary, I have a letter for you from Herod. It reads:

To Mary, I have Sven. Either you have an abortion, or Sven loses his head. Love your king, Herod. Mwah mwah.

Oh, and if it's too late for an abortion, then you have to kill the good baby once you've squeezed it out. Or give it to me.

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

quote:

To Mary, I have Sven. Either you have an abortion, or Sven loses his head. Love your king, Herod. Mwah mwah.

Oh, and if it's too late for an abortion, then you have to kill the good baby once you've squeezed it out. Or give it to me.

Mary glances at the Musical Director and waves the note at him.

TXT TO MD
THOUGHT U HAD SVEN
IS HE SAFE?
NEED 2 KNOW
RGDS
BVM

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Evil Henchman

Nativity Play
# 3705

And just in case you were wondering Mary, I have brought evidence.

There is a photo here of Sevn blindfolded awaiting his fate...

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Mary is in a quandary... she cannot bear the thought of a poor helpless animal being tortured. But at the moment she has weightier things on her mind, and on her bladder. She smiles serenely at the Evil Henchman

Joe, can we just stop at the nearest public toilets a moment... I need to...er... powder my nose.

Besides, I just tried ringing the Bethlehem Plaza and got the answerphone. It looks like the innkeeper may not be there yet, so we've plenty of time.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Driver, stop the car!

Look Mary, there's a bucket out by that shed. Make it snappy - the TV only works when the limo's moving, and I want to watch the end of this episode of "Quincy".

--------------------

Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

quote:

***sigh*** I guess that excitement and adventure are following me.

Evil Henchman!!! Now, don't make me kill you before we even get to the real battle which I foresee in the Force.

JK ignites lightsaber and stands between EH and BVM.

--------------------

Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

- Posted      Profile for Director   Author's homepage   Email Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Mary is in a quandary... she cannot bear the thought of a poor helpless animal being tortured. But at the moment she has weightier things on her mind, and on her bladder. She smiles serenely at the Evil Henchman

Joe, can we just stop at the nearest public toilets a moment... I need to...er... powder my nose.

Besides, I just tried ringing the Bethlehem Plaza and got the answerphone. It looks like the innkeeper may not be there yet, so we've plenty of time.

Cut to backstage dressing room where the Director is making fruitless attempts to persuade Understudy to take on parts of Midwife and Innkeeper.

--------------------
Miffy

Posts: 109 | From: Her physiotherapist's couch | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Unable to argue, Mary runs (OK, waddles quickly) across to the shed and disappears behind it. [Embarrassed] On her way, though, she takes a copy of Pride and Prejudice out of her pocket.

Hmmmm...... I'll give him "Make it snappy" Smiles serenely [Snigger]

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016