homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 8: Finding the Inn/The Birth (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 8: Finding the Inn/The Birth
Chief Angel

Nativity Play
# 3706

- Posted      Profile for Chief Angel   Email Chief Angel       Edit/delete post 
*Chief Angel runs in, out of breath*

Mary! Mary! Just had to let you know - there's a baby going to be born in Bethlehem in Judea tonight. He's in a manger in a stable. Go there right away!

[Angel]

--------------------
WorkInProgress at her most angelic...

Posts: 42 | From: Heaven/Pantoland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*Assists Virgin Mary with bucket partially concealed in curtains.*

What a jerk! [Frown]

--------------------
The original bessie rosebride.

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

- Posted      Profile for Joseph   Author's homepage   Email Joseph   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ever-so-accidentally chucks empty champagne bottle out of limousine so that it smacks Chief Stage Manager square in the head.

--------------------
Joseph, the not-so-Jesuitical ex-Lad.

Posts: 177 | From: Palestine | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TXT 2 MRY

HAD SVEN, GOT STLN BY HROD
HE BAD MAN - WATCH IT
TYPICAL PPL FRM MANCHESTER
ALWYS TWOCCING
HOPE BABYZ OK

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Angel:

Mary! Mary! Just had to let you know - there's a baby going to be born in Bethlehem in Judea tonight. He's in a manger in a stable. Go there right away!

[Angel]

[Embarrassed] Do you mind???? [Embarrassed] I'm busy! [Embarrassed]

--------------------
Can you have a white wedding in blue?
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Joseph:
Ever-so-accidentally chucks empty champagne bottle out of limousine so that it smacks Chief Stage Manager square in the head.

*Flings some left behind sheep and cow plop at Joseph.*

The love is mutual, buddy! [Mad]

--------------------

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

- Posted      Profile for Joseph   Author's homepage   Email Joseph   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
OI, MARY, WANT TO HURRY UP? MY OLD GRAN COULD TAKE A SLASH FASTER THAN THIS. WE NEED TO GET A HOTEL ROOM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

{sigh}

And you're making me miss Quincy.

[Waterworks]

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
With you in a minute, darling!

whispers under her breath Just as soon as I've finished chapter three ! [Big Grin]

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

- Posted      Profile for Director   Author's homepage   Email Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Txt to Stg Mngr
Gt ovr hr quick!

Go slw at Bthlm Plaz
Ink gn AWOL
HLP!!!!!!!

Drat these new- fangled text thingies. Give me carrier pidgeon any day! [Frown]

--------------------
Miffy

Posts: 109 | From: Her physiotherapist's couch | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jesus' evil twin

Nativity Play
# 3702

- Posted      Profile for Jesus' evil twin   Email Jesus' evil twin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Slaps pregnant bump.

Hear that, chaps? It'll ALL be FINE!

OK, kill sexist pig of a stepfather has just moved up to number one on list of things to do in, oh, about ten minutes or so.

*sees light, makes a break for it*

--------------------
Erin (of course)

Posts: 54 | From: my own room (finally!) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

quote:
Originally posted by Musical Director:
TXT 2 MRY

HAD SVEN, GOT STLN BY HROD
HE BAD MAN - WATCH IT
TYPICAL PPL FRM MANCHESTER
ALWYS TWOCCING
HOPE BABYZ OK

Bother... this makes things rather difficult. Can the mother of God really have the blood of an innocent moose on her hands?

Feels a baby move inside her, and as Ickle Jesus sweetly sleeps, she has little doubt as to who it is

There again, maybe we can do a deal!

Smiles even more serenely

OK Joseph, let's get on our way.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

quote:
Originally posted by Director:
Txt to Stg Mngr
Gt ovr hr quick!

*runs to director's chair in the wings.....we have no Innkeeper?

--------------------

Chief Angel

Nativity Play
# 3706

- Posted      Profile for Chief Angel   Email Chief Angel       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Virgin Mary:
quote:

[Angel]

[Embarrassed] Do you mind???? [Embarrassed] I'm busy! [Embarrassed]
[brick wall] [Embarrassed] [brick wall]

Sorry, wrong night...

*Chief Angel effects a sharp exit USL*

--------------------
WorkInProgress at her most angelic...

Posts: 42 | From: Heaven/Pantoland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

- Posted      Profile for Director   Author's homepage   Email Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by chief stage manager:
quote:
Txt to Stg Mngr
Gt ovr hr quick!

We have no Innkeeper! [Confused] [Confused]

<Grabs flask from Fairy Godmother>

Do something! [Eek!]

--------------------
Miffy

Posts: 109 | From: Her physiotherapist's couch | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

With a pure and innocent smile at Joseph, knowing full well that Quincy will have just got past the interesting bit, Mary returns to the limo. She kisses Joseph on the top of the head.

Sorry I was sooooooo long, sweetheart. Now, I really do think we need to get to the Plaza jolly quick. Ask the driver to put his foot down, would you, my love?

--------------------
(Smudgie)

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

quote:
quote:
Txt to Stg Mngr
Gt ovr hr quick!

I think she's fainted.....splashes cold water on Director's face and pats her cheeks....."annie, annie, are you ok?"

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
OK Joseph, let's get on our way.

Finally! I thought you'd never finish. Driver, on to the Bethlehem Plaza!

Car starts moving. TV switches on. Quincy end theme-music plays.

[Frown]

--------------------

Herod

Nativity Play
# 3649

- Posted      Profile for Herod   Author's homepage   Email Herod   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Sorry, wrong night...

Don't think I've said this in a while, so here goes:

(ahem)

"Bloody amateurs"

Carry on.

--------------------
#I'm Herod the Great, I am, I am.#

Stoo

Posts: 159 | From: Palestine | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

quote:
quote:
quote:
Txt to Stg Mngr
Gt ovr hr quick!

Do something! [Eek!]

We permanently have no Innkeeper? A forever no-show? Or is this a stall....?

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
Txt to Stg Mngr
Gt ovr hr quick!

Do something! [Eek!]

Like what?

I'm on my way to the hotel

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Oh darling. You missed it. I am sorry.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

- Posted      Profile for Jedi Knight   Email Jedi Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Sorry, wrong night...

I'm the right Knight!

How can I be of assistance?

--------------------
jj says-Don't y'all bad guys be messin' with those babies, now y'hear?

Posts: 61 | From: Fort Misery, Flour-dough | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Txt to Stg Mngr
Gt ovr hr quick!

Do something! [Eek!]

We permanently have no Innkeeper? A forever no-show? Or is this a stall....?
Whispers an aside to the Chief Stage Manager I think she wanted you to understudy the understudy. Can you get to the inn ahead of us?

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

quote:
quote:
quote:
Txt to Stg Mngr
Gt ovr hr quick!

I think she's fainted.....splashes cold water on Director's face and pats her cheeks....."annie, annie, are you ok?"
Comes to

It was never like this in panto! [Eek!]

I think I need to be alone. [Paranoid]

Staggers off towards the tea-trolley, a broken woman.

--------------------
Miffy

Herod

Nativity Play
# 3649

- Posted      Profile for Herod   Author's homepage   Email Herod   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Y'know...

I have a spare room at the palace.

Ensuite, room service.

Free bottle of Bolinger for all those giving birth to future kings.

--------------------
#I'm Herod the Great, I am, I am.#

Stoo

Posts: 159 | From: Palestine | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

I'll understudy, Director. You just have to keep me out of hot water with the dreaded Equity Deputy. [Frown]

Yes, I can be there afore you! [Wink]

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
Oh darling. You missed it. I am sorry.

So am I. Well, when your waters break, let me know. I'm going to have a nap in the meantime.

[Smile] ... [Snore]

Falls asleep. Spasms in sleep, elbowing pregnant bump forcefully and crushing Evil Twin's skull in the process. What a shame.

--------------------

Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

- Posted      Profile for Chief Comic Shepherd   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Waking up

I virtually live in the Crown Inn. Will I be able to help?

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Posts: 137 | From: Near Bethlehem | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

- Posted      Profile for Chief Comic Shepherd   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
On second thoughts, I've got a bloody awful hanover. And superficial burns from sleeping next to that Dragon!

[Frown]

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Thoughts of snuggling up to her handsome hubby for the rest of the journey are sadly quashed by his protruding elbows, so to pass the time, she opens the window of the limo and serenely drops a trail of Joseph's Pringles and cans of beer along the road to Bethlehem. These are followed by the Sports pages of the Bethlehem Times

Whoops!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

But I 'ave delivered sheep...lambs. You know...

Where's the alka seltzer?

And someone turn that (*&^% star off! It's too "£$%^& bright!

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Wakes with a start.

Mary, did you invite this comic shepherd to ride in our limo? He smells of sh... ploppy-poopy-whoopsies*.

Casually looks out of window.

We really should have arrived at the Plaza by now. Might have a drink to pass the time. And a quick shufty at the newspaper.

Oi, Mary, pass it over, would you? And get me some beer from the minibar, too. I'd prefer it if it was opened by the time it reaches my hand. If your feeble womanly hands can't manage the ringpull, get Ol' Stinky to do it.

(*=Terminology approved by the Grand Puritanical Council of England.)

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Whispers very very very quietly
Oh Joseph. I have just remembered, I left all your tools in the Skoda. Still, I am sure Brian will take care of them. He was a very very nice man, after all. [Big Grin]

Joseph slumbers on as the limo speeds towards the Bethlehem Plaza, where sundry cast members are apparently debating who should have the..er... honour of understudying the innkeeper.

Well, he can't say I didn't tell him, can he? [Angel]

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Oh drat.. he wasn't meant to wake just as I said that!!!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Ah look Joseph, here's the Plaza!
I'm afraid you'll have to go in.... I might not make it!

Phew

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Often gives the impression of being asleep, but really wasn't on this occasion.

[Eek!]

YOU LEFT ALL MY TOOLS WITH THAT SLEAZE-BAG?!

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------

Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

Aside to Joseph

Idiot! I'm not in the limo! This is a little side-piece, the Inn in Bethlehem! Upstage right! Comic relief etc.!

outloud

Do I hear far off voices? As of idiots talkin'?

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

Do you want me to understudy the Innkeeper??

--------------------

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
slowly to the front door of the Crown, felling quite queasy. What a night! Had a horrible nightmare of Jedi Knights and Fairy Godmothers in tag-team matches, and an innocent moose kidnapped by an evil king, and an evil twin wreaking general havoc.

Oh, well, good thing that was just a dream. That kind of stuff would never happen in Bethlehem.

One thing for sure, that's the last time I ever drink tequila.

Wanders out into street.

[Projectile]

Good, now I feel much better

Baaaaaaaa!

--------------------
I may be just a purple sheep with a funny nose, but ThatsMrJuice 2U!

Posts: 110 | From: The Sheep Shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
Ah look Joseph, here's the Plaza!
I'm afraid you'll have to go in.... I might not make it!

Phew

Oh, good point.

Joseph has a short attention span, which is rather convenient for Mary - on this occasion.

Dashes in to reception.

My good man! Your bridal suite, toute suite!

--------------------

The Cow

Nativity Play
# 3656

- Posted      Profile for The Cow   Email The Cow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
<lollops on stage left>

Er... moo.

Whispers to Director: I can pretend to be an innkeeper if you like. Although tonight was going to be my BIG night as The Cow. I've been practising my lines y'know. Listen:

Moo!

--------------------
Anybody ever seen a whale in a cow outfit before?

Posts: 41 | From: Stable | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Do you want me to understudy the Innkeeper??

(Mutters) Looks like the job is yours if Jedi Knight don't want the role

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

Let the cow do it!

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

I left your tools?
I left your tools?
I like that!
[Mad]
I wanted to go back for the luggage but would you let me? Oh no! No, it was "You have to choose between your luggage and me!" Well, brilliant choice I made, didn't I? I'd have got more compassion out of a buzzsaw and a bag of chisels. And here I am, pregnant with your childre...er...well, pregnant with God's children and your stepkids.... You... you...

Takes off ringpull from finger and throws it to the ground

And you can have that back too!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

- Posted      Profile for Angel 3   Email Angel 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(The Star flares and a single ray of light picks out the limo- a bit like a scene from an alien abduction when you think about it. Angel 3 slides down the beam of light and lands on the roof of the limo. Grasping the TV aerial and balanced like a charioteer, she leans into the wind...)
Someone has to warn them about Herod and his free room deals - and it's not real Bolly!

--------------------
The artist usually known as Duo Seraphim

"Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est."

Posts: 76 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Stares at space where, in a competent performance, a concierge would be standing and answering his query.

Trusts that the Reviewer will be sure not to associate him with this -up.

--------------------

Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

When they finds the Plaza's full (and let's face it, they won't want no blood on their sheets, no fear) they ain't comin' to the Crown, are they?

cos it's MY LOCAL!!!

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Sits outside and fumes that Joseph didn't even have the consideration to hang around for her outburst. Typical man! [Mad] Now she'll have to do it all again.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

- Posted      Profile for Angel 3   Email Angel 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Stares at space where, in a competent performance, a concierge would be standing and answering his query.

Trusts that the Reviewer will be sure not to associate him with this -up.

Look this is what you get for nursemaiding a pack of drunken Wise Men - too late to deliver the next warning!

--------------------
The artist usually known as Duo Seraphim

"Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est."

Posts: 76 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
I left your tools?
I left your tools?
I like that!
[Mad]
I wanted to go back for the luggage but would you let me? Oh no! No, it was "You have to choose between your luggage and me!" Well, brilliant choice I made, didn't I? I'd have got more compassion out of a buzzsaw and a bag of chisels. And here I am, pregnant with your childre...er...well, pregnant with God's children and your stepkids.... You... you...

Takes off ringpull from finger and throws it to the ground

And you can have that back too!

Mary, you know I love you really!

[Love]

(Isn't this cute? Our first row!)

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016