homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 8: Finding the Inn/The Birth (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 8: Finding the Inn/The Birth
chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Joseph:
Stares at space where, in a competent performance, a concierge would be standing and answering his query.

Trusts that the Reviewer will be sure not to associate him with this -up.

I'm prepared to answer you. Awaiting Director's decision...... [Confused]

--------------------
The original bessie rosebride.

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ah, only selectively deaf I see.
Can hear me ranting from inside the Bethlehem Plaza when it suits him, but doesn't hear me ask him to phone and make a reservation even when I'm stood right next to him.

Still, he does love me really, I'm sure....

JOSEPH... HOW ARE YOU GETTING ON WITH THAT ROOM? I THINK I MAY BE NEEDING THAT EN-SUITE SOONER THAN WE THOUGHT!

--------------------
Can you have a white wedding in blue?
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

- Posted      Profile for Chief Comic Shepherd   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
conspiratorially

Course, there'll be tears before bedtime, there will!

I likes this part, I'm being a sort of Greek chorus now, but there's only one of me, and I'm Jewish, not Greek....

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Posts: 137 | From: Near Bethlehem | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

- Posted      Profile for Joseph   Author's homepage   Email Joseph   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Virgin Mary:
Sits outside and fumes that Joseph didn't even have the consideration to hang around for her outburst. Typical man! [Mad] Now she'll have to do it all again.

No fear. Your Blessed Psycho act - as you just observed - was audible in the reception. That's why I'm dashing out here to tell you how much I love ya, .

The other thing I've dashed out here to tell you is that the Plaza has been stricken by a strange flesh-eating zombie disease, and we can't stay here tonight. The staff are all gone. The guests are rotting in their hot-tubs. The concierge is munching on the bartender's brain.

On to the next hotel!

--------------------
Joseph, the not-so-Jesuitical ex-Lad.

Posts: 177 | From: Palestine | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

- Posted      Profile for Angel 3   Email Angel 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Or maybe not. (Portentous voice) Joseph,Herod is Not Your Friend. This looks like a nice place - five stars in the Guide Donkey, full birthing suite etc. Now where's the Innkeeper?

--------------------
The artist usually known as Duo Seraphim

"Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est."

Posts: 76 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh Joseph! We'd better be quick.

Serenely crosses legs

I hear the International is quite good!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

- Posted      Profile for Angel 3   Email Angel 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Late, late. @##$! Wise Men. On to the next hotel...

--------------------

Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

- Posted      Profile for Chief Comic Shepherd   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Attempts to hurry outside to cover up the Crown's Inn sign. Better safe than sorry. Unfortunately, a hangover is not conducive to hand-eye co-ordination, nor balancing on walls. Overturns himself, and lands in cowpat in strange, shack-like annexe at back of Inn.

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Jesus' evil twin

Nativity Play
# 3702

- Posted      Profile for Jesus' evil twin   Email Jesus' evil twin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm WAITING. [Mad]

--------------------
Erin (of course)

Posts: 54 | From: my own room (finally!) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

- Posted      Profile for Joseph   Author's homepage   Email Joseph   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Angelic being, you're welcome to stay at the Plaza. But I'm not letting my beloved wife-

sweet smile at Mary

-stay in such a place. Besides, I don't fancy having my brain eaten.

Points further down the road.

How about that little B&B over there? Shall we check it out, Mary dearest? The "International" looks a little pricey, no offence.

[Love]

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Well, you're going to have to wait, my girl.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

Muffled, unintelligible words, of a person not wholly happy with life, and not fully gruntled.

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

quote:

Please [Embarrassed]

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Jesus' evil twin

Nativity Play
# 3702

- Posted      Profile for Jesus' evil twin   Email Jesus' evil twin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Wanna bet, old woman? The boy's got to be born in a manger, there's nothing that says I have to. I can be born right here and now if I want.

--------------------
Erin (of course)

Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

quote:
Angelic being, you're welcome to stay at the Plaza. But I'm not letting my beloved wife-

sweet smile at Mary

-stay in such a place. Besides, I don't fancy having my brain eaten.

How about that little B&B over there? Shall we check it out, Mary dearest? The "International" looks a little pricey, no offence.

[Love]

Meaning you forgot to book the Plaza, h'mmm? Any port in a storm and all that?

--------------------

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Dashes in to reception.

My good man! Your bridal suite, toute suite!

Firstly, there's a woman beneath these coveralls.

Secondly, if you don't have a printed copy of your advance reservation with your certified receipt of non-refundable advance payment of three night's minimum stay...I have No room for you in this Inn.

[ 16. December 2002, 22:46: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------
The original bessie rosebride.

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

Any port except the Crown. Got it?

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

quote:

[Love]

Frowns serenely... time seems to be of the essence here

Oh, ok.

Crosses legs very tightly indeed and assumes an expression of sheer determination beyond the capabilities of a smilie to express [Eek!]

--------------------
(Smudgie)

The Cow

Nativity Play
# 3656

- Posted      Profile for The Cow   Email The Cow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Comic Shepherd:
....lands in cowpat

Aside: NOT one of mine!!

--------------------
Anybody ever seen a whale in a cow outfit before?

Posts: 41 | From: Stable | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

quote:
Originally posted by Jesus' evil twin:
quote:

Wanna bet, old woman? The boy's got to be born in a manger, there's nothing that says I have to. I can be born right here and now if I want.
Your choice of course - but the Fairy Midwife seems to be missing. Probably fighting it out with the Innkeeper.

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

quote:
Originally posted by chief stage manager:
quote:
Dashes in to reception.

My good man! Your bridal suite, toute suite!

Firstly, there's a woman beneath these coveralls.

Secondly, if you don't have a printed copy of your advance reservation with your certified receipt of non-refundable advance payment of three night's minimum stay...I have No room for you in this Inn.

Aside to the CSM Well done... now run on ahead to the B&B, you'll be needed again there.

[ 16. December 2002, 22:48: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

Stands in front of Crown Inn, reeking of cow pat and obviously obnoxiously hungover.

That should put them off!

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

- Posted      Profile for Fourth Angel   Email Fourth Angel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Launches into a slightly off key version of that classic school nativity song...

Rat-a-tat-tat
Rat-a-tat-tat
No! No! No!
There isn't any room and you can't stay here.
Can't stay here.

*forgets the rest of the words so just rat-a-tats and no!s instead.*

--------------------
From the goddess Inanna to the fourth angel from the left.

Posts: 62 | From: The Realms of Glory | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

There is no room at this Inn! Absolutely none!

This room is as full as an egg is of meat!

Not room for a mouse, let alone a preggers virgin with child(ren)!

Don't even think about it!

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Third Singer

Nativity Play
# 3712

- Posted      Profile for Third Singer   Email Third Singer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I thought the Inn was called the Roman's Return?

anyway just thought of a Song for this stage

I was born under a wandering Star.....

Third singer goes into a quiet cornor looking for the other singers angels and a glass of beer.

--------------------
AKA Nightlamp

Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

quote:
Stands in front of Crown Inn, reeking of cow pat and obviously obnoxiously hungover.

Just a suggestion, BVM - look for the stinky sheep wrangler and head for the Crown.

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Joseph, darling.... GET A MOVE ON, WILL YOU????? [Help]

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

- Posted      Profile for Jedi Knight   Email Jedi Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Jedi Knight sits and relaxes for just a bit.

It seems Evil Henchman and Herod have gotten tired of baiting this lovely couple. The evil twin is still confined to quarters. Ahhhh! A little breather! [Big Grin]

Should I tell Joseph about attitude adjustments available with the tasteful gift of jewelry??? Nah. He probably wouldn't understand.

--------------------
jj says-Don't y'all bad guys be messin' with those babies, now y'hear?

Posts: 61 | From: Fort Misery, Flour-dough | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

quote:
Originally posted by Angel 3:
quote:

Just a suggestion, BVM - look for the stinky sheep wrangler and head for the Crown.
I'm in a parallell time zone here - try the Stable behind the Crown.

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Fairy Midwife seems to be missing. Probably fighting it out with the Innkeeper.

I'm around - patiently waiting *yawns*

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jesus' evil twin

Nativity Play
# 3702

Dear God, woman, couldn't you have found a half-decent stepfather? This one's worthless.

--------------------
Erin (of course)

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Joseph, will you pull your ^&^%$%^%$ finger out and find me somewhere to sleep tonight before it's too £$*&^#&^% late?

Smiles innocently and serenely

Oops, a bit out of character that, Sorry... but this is an emergency! [Angel]

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

(Angel 3 heaves a deep sigh and sits down next to the Jedi Knight.)
A nice string of pearls would do the trick. Now I have a cousin who owns a jewellers....

--------------------

Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, ruins a good local as much as a pregnant Virgin with a dopey husband-to-be turning up in the middle of a good pint of Old Bethlehem Peculiar. It's them or me, I tell you!

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

The Cow

Nativity Play
# 3656

- Posted      Profile for The Cow   Email The Cow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I'm in a parallell time zone here - try the Stable behind the Crown.

Don't even think about it!

I mean .. Moo.

I've got a nice room out the back. I only have to share it with a couple of sheep and things. But if you're thinking of giving birth on my nice clean hay forget it!

Ewww! Yuk! All that blood and slimy gore!

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Grabs the BVM, drops the kebab he was enjoying, and makes a dash for a delightful little... stable... that he noticed lurking at the end of the road.

There! Get comfortable with the straw, and do your thing.

Will you need any help?

Looks genuinely concerned. What a guy.

--------------------

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*after four chaps, 'Heartbreak Hotel'...*

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

- Posted      Profile for Jedi Knight   Email Jedi Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Angel3, pearls would be perfect. Somehow I don't think it's ever going to happen, though. Too bad, she's a nice girl and I'm sure he's got a good heart. He just needs some help, you know.

--------------------

Posts: 61 | From: Fort Misery, Flour-dough | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

Great! They're out in the stable-like annexe I fell in earlier. I hope they won't mind my little accident - falling heavily on a full beer-gut, you know. Sorry...

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

The Cow

Nativity Play
# 3656

quote:
There! Get comfortable with the straw, and do your thing.

Noooooooo!

[ 16. December 2002, 22:58: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------

Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

quote:
Joseph, look... we're standing right outside The Crown , and there's a sign in the window saying "Loads of vacancies" (Though I suspect that might just be talking about the clientele). Why don't we just try here?????

Preferably today!

Uh-oh!
No room, no room, no room!

Sod off back to the stable!

[ 16. December 2002, 22:59: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bored with wandering around, walks back toward the stable in back of the inn. Could use a good nap, Rudolph thinks. Hopes he gets to the haypile before that cow does.

Baaaaaaaa!

--------------------
I may be just a purple sheep with a funny nose, but ThatsMrJuice 2U!

Posts: 110 | From: The Sheep Shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Now, if the audience wouldn't mind averting their gazes.... you too, sundry cast members and audience.... All we need now is the midwife!!!!!

Oh and Joseph....

...after this I've decided... I'm staying a virgin!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

If those Wise men were Wise ladies instead, they'd be here with clean sheets, towels and boiling water.

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Kicks cow.

Stupid bovine monster. Be quiet.

Notes with alarm that the BVM is mumbling incoherently.

No dear, we're INSIDE the stable now. Not outside.

Great, she's about to give birth to the Messiah, and what does she do? She hallucinates. Am I going to have to drag the little guy out myself?

[Eek!] [Devil] [Eek!]

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

[Eek!]

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Knight:
Angel3, pearls would be perfect. Somehow I don't think it's ever going to happen, though. Too bad, she's a nice girl and I'm sure he's got a good heart. He just needs some help, you know.

A good talking to from his mother-in-law would be a start. The man is obsessed with kebabs and Pringles. As for that pathetic excuse about zombies at the Plaza - too cheap to put his hand in his robe for a nice room if you ask me.

No of course he means well...

--------------------

Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

Immensely pleased with his night's work, Chief Comic Shepherd strolls back into the bar for a nightcap. Good job he was here tonight, or the babies might have been born in an Inn after all. There is nothing like an unceasing devotion to self-interest to keep history on its proper course!

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

quote:
A good talking to from his mother-in-law would be a start. The man is obsessed with kebabs and Pringles. As for that pathetic excuse about zombies at the Plaza - too cheap to put his hand in his robe for a nice room if you ask me.

No of course he means well...

We'll see how much he cares. He's about to prove it, I think!

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Knight:
If those Wise men were Wise ladies instead, they'd be here with clean sheets, towels and boiling water.

You can be midwife - too messy for me

I'll do the swearing like I said earlier - I'm good at that [Wink]

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016