homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 8: Finding the Inn/The Birth (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 8: Finding the Inn/The Birth
Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

- Posted      Profile for Angel 3   Email Angel 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Joseph:
Comes round.

Our baby! We did it! Oh Mary, I'm so proud of us!

[Love]

Thank God!

(Angel 3 has now rallied the Angel Host. They dance on the roof of the stable singing for all they're worth)

ALLELUIA!!! ALLELUIA!!!!!!!ALLELUIA!!!!!!!!!!

(Some are also doing a bit of dancing on the head of a pin, by way of a change)

--------------------
The artist usually known as Duo Seraphim

"Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est."

Posts: 76 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Deputy Chief Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3698

- Posted      Profile for Deputy Chief Shepherd   Email Deputy Chief Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Stage whisper I know it says "The Shed - The Ferret" in the programme, but just exactly what do I do in this scene?

--------------------
Yes, I'm a madferret. And that's my own teatowel.

Posts: 115 | From: seated on the ground | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

- Posted      Profile for Jedi Knight   Email Jedi Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
JK lets Mary rest while Joe admires the little Lord Jesus.

JK proceeds to clean up messy birthing area, sterilizing everything, then makes a nice meal of fried red snapper, boiled okra and tomatoes, and birthday cake.

--------------------
jj says-Don't y'all bad guys be messin' with those babies, now y'hear?

Posts: 61 | From: Fort Misery, Flour-dough | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

- Posted      Profile for Joseph   Author's homepage   Email Joseph   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am awake! I'm just keeping as still as possible because I don't want that Evil one trying anything funny on me.

But if it's vigorous exertion you want, well...

Fashions a manger from a block of convenient wood, despite having no tools with which to perform this astonishing feat.

There you go, dahlin'.

Kneels in adoration of the nice baby.

--------------------
Joseph, the not-so-Jesuitical ex-Lad.

Posts: 177 | From: Palestine | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

- Posted      Profile for Donkey   Email Donkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, I just happened to bring the blue layette with me, here ya go, all washed and ready to wear, and a manger, well, I have this Happy Meal bag here,....

--------------------
Little Beast of Burden....ha!
aka Lady A

Posts: 74 | From: 4WD The Swamp | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Virgin Mary:

Hey Joseph, wake up! Come and see our gorgeous little baby boy. He's the image of his dad, look!
And could you rustle up a manger while you're at it? He needs somewhere to sleep!

*Provides large bundle of hay from props cart for Joseph. [Smile]

--------------------
The original bessie rosebride.

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

- Posted      Profile for Chief Comic Shepherd   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Deputy Chief Shepherd:
Stage whisper I know it says "The Shed - The Ferret" in the programme, but just exactly what do I do in this scene?

You gets in 'ere, quick-smart, and takes this little darlin' 'ome to your missus!

She just about deserves it, the old cow!

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Posts: 137 | From: Near Bethlehem | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

- Posted      Profile for Jedi Knight   Email Jedi Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
JK sits on a hay bail, drinking a glass of merlot.

He sure is a cute little one, isn't he?

**Yawn**

Hope we don't have any more emergencies for an hour or so.

--------------------

Posts: 61 | From: Fort Misery, Flour-dough | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mary lies back and smiles serenely. The pain is forgotten. The child is born.

--------------------
Can you have a white wedding in blue?
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Deputy Chief Shepherd:

(Be in adoration of the Baby Jesus as one of God's cute creations - the ferret......."oo" and "ah"... in ferret language)

--------------------
The original bessie rosebride.

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

- Posted      Profile for Angel 3   Email Angel 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Little Lord Jesus
[Love] [Love] [Love] [Love] [Love] [Love] From all the Angels

...and Jedi Knight - what a trouper! [Love]

--------------------
The artist usually known as Duo Seraphim

"Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est."

Posts: 76 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

- Posted      Profile for Chief Comic Shepherd   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Losing interest in the demon-baby, and, indeed, in life in general, CCS leaves the bar to go abiding in his fields again. It is a beautiful, starry night, and one star seems brighter than all the others.

Ah, bootiful!

Exit

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Posts: 137 | From: Near Bethlehem | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

- Posted      Profile for Donkey   Email Donkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Donkey walks over to the manger) Look at the little bitty face, don't they just all look like old men? But this one is like, really, really, old! Like he's been around a few millenium or so. (Donkey reaches over and nibbles some of the hay in manger, hopes no one notices...)

--------------------
aka Lady A

The Cow

Nativity Play
# 3656

- Posted      Profile for The Cow   Email The Cow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Cow:
This one looks kind of cute in an off-beat sort of way, even though it doesn't have a halo.

Of course, since it had already gone to the bar what I meant was:

That other one looked kind of cute in an off-beat sort of way, even though it didn't have a halo.

(Cows have never been good with verbal tenses, even if they can conjugate quite well).

quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Knight:
JK proceeds to clean up messy birthing area

Thanks pal. You're a star.

--------------------
Anybody ever seen a whale in a cow outfit before?

Posts: 41 | From: Stable | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jesus' evil twin

Nativity Play
# 3702

- Posted      Profile for Jesus' evil twin   Email Jesus' evil twin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Projectile]

--------------------
Erin (of course)

Posts: 54 | From: my own room (finally!) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

quote:
Originally posted by Angel 3:
Little Lord Jesus
[Love] [Love] [Love] [Love] [Love] [Love] From all the Angels

...and Jedi Knight - what a trouper! [Love]

<Deep bow to Angel 3 and all the Heavenly Host>

--------------------

Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

Wonder if The Cow and the other critters would mind if I took a little nap in their hay?

--------------------

Chief Angel

Nativity Play
# 3706

- Posted      Profile for Chief Angel   Email Chief Angel       Edit/delete post 
*Chief Angel swings down from the rafters on the harness, and lands on the stable roof*

*sings*

Ha-llelujah! Ha-llelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Halle-ey-lujah!

And His Name, shall be call-ed
Wonderful Counsellor! The Mighty God! The Everlasting Father! The Prince of Peace!

[Angel] [Yipee] [Angel]

--------------------
WorkInProgress at her most angelic...

Posts: 42 | From: Heaven/Pantoland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

(softly sings)
Aweigh in a manger
No ship for a bed,
The Lickle Lord Jesus
Lay down that old head,
The Stars in the play
look in from above,
the Lickle Lord Jesus
asleep in the love....

--------------------
aka Lady A

Passer-by 3

Nativity Play
# 3711

- Posted      Profile for Passer-by 3   Author's homepage   Email Passer-by 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Enters stage left, looking a little pale and still heavy laden with several large carrier bags of shopping. Exits stage right ashen-faced, continuing to struggle under the weight of those same aforementioned shopping bags.]

--------------------
(W)

Posts: 30 | From: The Wings | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Cow

Nativity Play
# 3656

- Posted      Profile for The Cow   Email The Cow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Feel free JK. It's an honour. If you clean up after yourself that is.

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
With a grateful nod to the animals for the loan of their stable, a wave of the hand to the angels and JK for their help and adoration of her beautiful baby son, and a serene smile at all who happen to be passing through the stable, the BVM falls asleep, secure in the knowledge that Joseph will mind the babies for her, new man that he is.

--------------------
Can you have a white wedding in blue?
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Evil Henchman

Nativity Play
# 3705

- Posted      Profile for Evil Henchman   Email Evil Henchman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Evil Henchman wanders in wearing a little skull cap and carrying a very very sharp knife.

Greetings and salu-thingies. I hear you've just had a baby son? You'll need him circumised promptly. Just pass him over to me, and I'll do the job over here in this dark corner.

--------------------
I've left my toasting fork with my alternate personality Sarkycow.

Posts: 118 | From: The Guardhouse | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Evil Henchman

Nativity Play
# 3705

- Posted      Profile for Evil Henchman   Email Evil Henchman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
EvilHenchman whispers to evil kid:

Hey, good to see you. There's a big bazooka and a chainsaw in my bag if ya want 'em. And Herod's kids are 'playing' with the cat - I'm sure you could help them think up some new games [Wink]

In fact, go off with Herod. He'll be more fun than these two saps.

--------------------

Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Henchman:
Evil Henchman wanders in wearing a little skull cap and carrying a very very sharp knife.

Greetings and salu-thingies. I hear you've just had a baby son? You'll need him circumised promptly. Just pass him over to me, and I'll do the job over here in this dark corner.

NOT!!

All of a sudden, I'm not tired at all.

JK ignites lightsaber.

If'n you wants to keep those fingers, you will kindly drop the knife!

--------------------

Evil Henchman

Nativity Play
# 3705

Looks contemptuously at the Jedi-twit.

You reckon you could take me on? Hyeah, right. Keep trying sweetcheeks, maybe in another 10,000 years.

Evil Henchman deftly takes the good baby from Joseph, and turns away into a dark corner...

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

- Posted      Profile for Joseph   Author's homepage   Email Joseph   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Breaks Evil Henchman's neck.

I think not.

Returns baby to manger. Adoration by all continues.

[Love] [Love] [Love] [Love] [Love] [Love]

--------------------

The Cow

Nativity Play
# 3656

quote:
Originally posted by Virgin Mary:
With a grateful nod to the animals for the loan of their stable, a wave of the hand to the angels and JK for their help and adoration of her beautiful baby son, and a serene smile at all who happen to be passing through the stable, the BVM falls asleep, secure in the knowledge that Joseph will mind the babies for her, new man that he is.

Such a nice lady. Hope you can stay a few nights. I'll even let you have some of my freshest hay for your pillow.

--------------------

Jesus' evil twin

Nativity Play
# 3702

- Posted      Profile for Jesus' evil twin   Email Jesus' evil twin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Projectile] [Projectile] [Projectile] [Projectile] [Projectile] [Projectile] [Projectile] [Projectile]

--------------------
Erin (of course)

Posts: 54 | From: my own room (finally!) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Evil Henchman

Nativity Play
# 3705

Then Joseph wakes up, realises he simply dreampt killing the Evil Henchman...

(Translation: Nice try, but remove the baby from me without killing me, I'm needed in other scenes. Plus I am more man than you, despite being a woman....)

--------------------

Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

WooHoo, Joseph! Gives Joe a high-five.
Nice w*rk!

Awww, I guess Evil Henchman is out of the "Bad Guy" business! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Couldn't you have been magically healed, or something? Bah, no imagination.

Spin-kicks the apparently gender-confused Evil Henchman, causing Our Lord to land comfortably in His manger and at the same time ejecting EH from the stable.

Happy? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Jedi Knight

Nativity Play
# 3686

Well, that was a short-lived celebration.

Grabs Baby Jesus from EH and hands him to Joe.

EH, play nice, now! Follow the script!

--------------------

Passer-by 3

Nativity Play
# 3711

- Posted      Profile for Passer-by 3   Author's homepage   Email Passer-by 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Or, another possible happy ending:

[Enters stage left. Exhausted, drops heavy shopping bags on Evil Henchman's toe. Evil henchman drops baby into passer-by 3's arms. Places baby in manger. Collapses stage right.]

--------------------
(W)

Posts: 30 | From: The Wings | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Err, thanks Jedi, but this is a counterfeit baby, forged by EH in order to confuse us!

[Eek!]

Lobs counterfeit Jesus out of stable too. And decides to go to sleep.

[Snore]

--------------------

bee_of_good_cheer

Nativity Play
# 3672

- Posted      Profile for bee_of_good_cheer   Email bee_of_good_cheer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
~appears on the hillside next to the stable with a league of fellow angels, all riding vintage harleys. they position themselves around the inn~

ain't NOBODY gonna mess wid the KING!

--------------------
how many angels can dance on the head of a pin? (ponders zephirine of the roses)

Posts: 39 | From: earth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Evil Henchman

Nativity Play
# 3705

Evil henchman lands with a thud.

Oh shit. That plan didn't work. Umm, better go back to Herod, see if he had a plan C...

Starts walking.

(K, Joe, I know you're slow, but pay attention in other scenes. And read the profiles on the performance thread. I am female. You're a sexist pig on the other hand.)

[Sarks, pay attention to your coding. And spelling, for that matter.]

[ 17. December 2002, 10:17: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------

The Cow

Nativity Play
# 3656

Glad that's finally sorted. I'm off. Call me back if the Henchman resurrects himself again. I can produce some methane in his general direction which ought to finish him off.

Was that really Joseph? Or was that my heroic Jedi Knight in disguise?

Whoever: [Not worthy!]

Oh, and baby no 2: [Not worthy!]

Moo!

Exits stage centre

Ouch! That's a long way down!

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Sheep 3 emerges from her safe corner, walks over to the manger and stares at Baby Jesus]

*jingle*

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

*chew, chew*

Baa.

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 1

Nativity Play
# 3671

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 1   Email Sheep 1   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sheep 1 wanders in, wondering if she's missed anything important.

Baaaaa

Spots a bale of hay stage left and settles down contentedly.

Munch.

Baaaaa

--------------------
Jack the Lass the Sheep (but you can call me Shaun)

Posts: 45 | From: a flippin' cold hillside outside Bethlehem | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Gazes lovingly at Blessed Virgin Mother and Little Lord Jesus asleep in the way

Baaaaaa! God be praised!

Nuzzles head against BVM [Love]

All this love sure drives that evil twin crazy, doesn't it? [Razz]

--------------------
I may be just a purple sheep with a funny nose, but ThatsMrJuice 2U!

Posts: 110 | From: The Sheep Shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chief Angel

Nativity Play
# 3706

- Posted      Profile for Chief Angel   Email Chief Angel       Edit/delete post 
Away in a manger the babies are born
And Mary is sleeping beside Jesus' stall
The sheep are still baa-ing,
the cow just says 'moo'
The star is still shining, the angels are too.

Lord Jesus is sleeping, no sound does He make
His sister's a noise-bag, but she went with EH
(The Jedi defended Jesus from his knife
But I'm sure he'll be back with even more strife)

I must leave the stable to ride my Harley
My work here is finished, that's plain to me
See you all on the hillside tomorrow at eight
To tell news to the shepherds -
so don't you be late

[Angel] [Two face] [Angel]

--------------------
WorkInProgress at her most angelic...

Posts: 42 | From: Heaven/Pantoland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Sheep 3 nibbles off one off the cerulean bows holding a tiny jingle bell that bee_of_good_cheer plaited into her fleece, and carefully puts it in the manger with the baby.]

Baaaa

*jingle*

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
bee_of_good_cheer

Nativity Play
# 3672

- Posted      Profile for bee_of_good_cheer   Email bee_of_good_cheer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
angels standing guard around the inn bring dobros and harmonicas out of saddle bags and begin to mark the time with some kaiser and mansfield ditties.

There's a blessed time a comin comin soon
Maybe even mornin night or noon
The wedding of the bride united with the groom
We shall see the King when he comes......

--------------------
how many angels can dance on the head of a pin? (ponders zephirine of the roses)

Posts: 39 | From: earth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Phil the Wise Guy
Nativity Play
# 3678

- Posted      Profile for Phil the Wise Guy   Email Phil the Wise Guy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Music Director: Cue the theme from "Mission: Impossible," please, as the Wise Men start sneaking out of the hotel.

Dum dum! daa, da dumdum! Da da dumdum!

MONTAGE: Various scenes of Wise Men packing, sneaking out of their rooms, dodging Herod's spies.

Dum dum! daa, da dumdum! Da da dumdum!

--------------------
So, wheres can I get a drink in dis town? Feels so good ta can dat Kenwritez nice-guy schtick.

Posts: 68 | From: Some burg outside Jerusalem | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

- Posted      Profile for Angel 6     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jesus' evil twin:
List of things to do once I'm on the outside...3. Find nearest vodka bar

Chorus of Angels, singing one of Brecht/Weill's Greatest Hits in honor of the Evil Twin:

Oh, show me the way
to the next whisky bar!
Oh, don't ask why.
Oh, don't ask why.
But if we do not find
the next whisky bar,
I tell you we must die,
I tell you we must die,
I tell you, I tell you, I tell you we must die...

(even though the Chorus of Angels is not particularly FOND of Brecht/Weill....)

[ 17. December 2002, 10:19: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------
Rossweisse // The few, the proud, the angelic

Posts: 133 | From: Heavenly Host clubroom | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

- Posted      Profile for Angel 6     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Angel 3:
(Plainchant Alleluia with faux guerdon by Viadana)

Perfect! Although the "Hallelujah" is, of course, really intended to be a post-Resurrection tune...

--------------------

Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

Okay, gang -- time for the Heavenly Host to do the big "Glory to God" number! And a-one, and a-two, and a-three...

(Chorus of Angels outdoes itself)

[Angel] [Angel] [Angel] [Angel] [Angel] [Angel] [Angel]

--------------------

Herod

Nativity Play
# 3649

- Posted      Profile for Herod   Author's homepage   Email Herod   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Phil the Wise Guy:
MONTAGE: Various scenes of Wise Men packing, sneaking out of their rooms, dodging Herod's spies.

God...

This one really can't get a clue, can he?

Maybe I can help.

Excuse me, chump? Coo-ee, Phil? You're not supposed to start escaping until you've visited the little baby.

Course, if you want, you can just run away now like the little girl you are.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
#I'm Herod the Great, I am, I am.#

Stoo

Posts: 159 | From: Palestine | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Baby Jesus

Nativity Play
# 3729

- Posted      Profile for Baby Jesus   Email Baby Jesus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Angel] [Snore] [Snore] [Snore] *jingle* [Smile] [Snore] [Snore] [Snore]

--------------------
Few people know that Beethoven's daughter is really the Son of God!

Posts: 13 | From: the manger | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016