homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 9: Fear Not! - Shepherds and Angels proclaiming (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 9: Fear Not! - Shepherds and Angels proclaiming
Deputy Chief Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3698

- Posted      Profile for Deputy Chief Shepherd   Email Deputy Chief Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Even Lowlier Shepherd:
Lo, I am sore afraid!!

Don't be, they're still arguing among themselves about what they're supposed to be doing [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Yes, I'm a madferret. And that's my own teatowel.

Posts: 115 | From: seated on the ground | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

- Posted      Profile for Fourth Angel   Email Fourth Angel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*glows firmly at Angel 1*

Look, the war in the heavenlies took place several millennia ago, and you're stuck with this side. Besides, we're at least going to avoid the lake of fire at the end of time.

turns back to the shepherds, smiling serenely

You will find the babe lying in a manger and wrapped in swaddling clothes.

But avoid his sister, OK?

Just give the presents to the boy and his mum. She'll be the one in blue.

--------------------
From the goddess Inanna to the fourth angel from the left.

Posts: 62 | From: The Realms of Glory | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Glares at Chief Comic Shepard. Nobody's giving me as a present! Walks in front of him and ...

* sheep plop *

--------------------
I may be just a purple sheep with a funny nose, but ThatsMrJuice 2U!

Posts: 110 | From: The Sheep Shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

- Posted      Profile for Black Angel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Have you got any black nail polish? and some hair dye? I'm sick of blonde.

Rummages under her robes, and draws out a makeup bag of quite staggering proportions. From the amount of stuff she tips out it seems to have the internal dimensions of a Tardis. Or possibly The Luggage.

I got black, purple, blue and red. What d'you fancy?

--------------------
Peronel, Black Angel and Typo Slayer extraordinaire...

Posts: 91 | From: Floating on a little black cloud | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

- Posted      Profile for Chief Comic Shepherd   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, shall we give them Rudolph then?

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Posts: 137 | From: Near Bethlehem | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

- Posted      Profile for Angel 1   Email Angel 1   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
suddenly Angel 1 experiences a massive transformation. Her hair spontaneously becomes black, her nails become black and her white robes become very like the dark angels, black and purple with a lot of velvet so they hang right. Her nice white shoes become knee high leather boots.

That's it. . . . . ..I've become a fallen angel!

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Posts: 100 | From: Heaven/bethlehem/the angelic dressing room/on stage | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Deputy Chief Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3698

- Posted      Profile for Deputy Chief Shepherd   Email Deputy Chief Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A purple sheep! Nah, I've a better idea-

Picks up Sheep 1 and ties tinsel to ears There, how's that look?

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

- Posted      Profile for Black Angel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*applauds*

--------------------

Posts: 91 | From: Floating on a little black cloud | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 1

Nativity Play
# 3671

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 1   Email Sheep 1   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Begins to worry that the purple sheep will clash with BVM's blue. Starts to amble up to Deputy Chief Shepherd to try to dissuade him from making such a huge style faux pas, but then remembers she's a sheep not an interior designer.

Baaaaa

Munch.

--------------------
Jack the Lass the Sheep (but you can call me Shaun)

Posts: 45 | From: a flippin' cold hillside outside Bethlehem | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*the melodious sounds of Marc Cohn's 'Fallen Angel' drift across the valley...*

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

- Posted      Profile for Angel 1   Email Angel 1   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
right, now that's sorted I'm going off to find somewhere to make trouble.

You can all manage without me, right?

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Posts: 100 | From: Heaven/bethlehem/the angelic dressing room/on stage | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

- Posted      Profile for Chief Comic Shepherd   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Fourth Angel:
*glows firmly at Angel 1*

Look, the war in the heavenlies took place several millennia ago, and you're stuck with this side. Besides, we're at least going to avoid the lake of fire at the end of time.

turns back to the shepherds, smiling serenely

You will find the babe lying in a manger and wrapped in swaddling clothes.

But avoid his sister, OK?

Just give the presents to the boy and his mum. She'll be the one in blue.

Penny drops

Oh, you mean the lean-to, back of the Crown!

She ruined my drink last night, silly cow!

Dopey husband-to-be, as well!

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Stable Cat

Nativity Play
# 3657

- Posted      Profile for Stable Cat   Email Stable Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*stable cat is still singing along with the music*

mrrrrrrroooooowwwwwwwww.....

--------------------
nicolemrw says "meow!"

Posts: 85 | From: the stable | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Even Lowlier Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3691

- Posted      Profile for Even Lowlier Shepherd   Author's homepage   Email Even Lowlier Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[ELS stares up at the angels and blinks a few times]
Right then... while that lot's arguing, why don't we slip on down to Bethlehem and grab a pint? We can have a look in at the stable and see what the fuss is all about, while we're down.

--------------------
the ferret normally known as Siegfried

Posts: 36 | From: A field in Judea | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 1

Nativity Play
# 3671

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 1   Email Sheep 1   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Deputy Chief Shepherd:
A purple sheep! Nah, I've a better idea-

Picks up Sheep 1 and ties tinsel to ears There, how's that look?

Notices something tied to ears and turns round to try and eat it. Unable to reach it but too stupid to realise this, Sheep 1 turns round and round in ever more frenzied circles till she collapses in a heap.

--------------------

Posts: 45 | From: a flippin' cold hillside outside Bethlehem | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

Have fun, sweetheart. Remember, if in doubt, stick it on the credit-card.

Turning to the shepherds. Right, you lot. Lets talk presents.

--------------------

Deputy Chief Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3698

Picks up the exhausted Sheep 1 and looks at wrapping paper lying next to the Chief Shepherd's wet clothes
Hmmmm....

--------------------

Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

Look, sweets, it's a lamb or nothing. Unless you want Spare Shepherd?

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

In her most reasonable voice... Right. One of the little darlings stuck "Killing animals" at number one on the to do list before she was even born. All the other does is sweetly sleep. You just might get away with a sheep-skin rug for him. And (shouting) I'm a vegetarian!

--------------------

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

- Posted      Profile for Spare Shepherd   Email Spare Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What do you want me for- heck, "do this " and "do that"... Can't you see I am making more vegemite sandwhiches in case we need a snack on the way to the town? Hmmmm, there are some nice lamb sandwhiches somewhere....

Anyhow, I take it we will go have a gander at the stable? What if it pongs a bit- with all that manure and stuff. What if it gives me asthma?

--------------------
The last time I checked I was Rowen- really!

Posts: 68 | From: A sheeply village near Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

Sidles up to spare shepherd. You've got vegemite?

--------------------

Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

- Posted      Profile for Fourth Angel   Email Fourth Angel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*stamps foot in disgust*

A nice easy job, they said. Nice little trip to earth. Sing a bit, tell them about the baby, and then go back home.

Nothing about losing one of my collegues to the Dark Side. *glares at Goth Angel again*

Nothing about naked drunken shepherds who haven't the faintest idea what to do.

I give up. Go find the baby yourselves.

--------------------

Sheep 1

Nativity Play
# 3671

quote:
One of the little darlings stuck "Killing animals" at number one on the to do list before she was even born
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Struggles to escape from Deputy Chief Shepherd. Gives up, and munches away at wrapping paper instead.

--------------------

Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

This is all I need, underlings with attitude!

Right, we set off to Bethlehem, and get a bottle from the Crown as a present.

All thosse in favour?

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

quote:
Right, we set off to Bethlehem, and get a bottle from the Crown as a present.

All thosse in favour?

"Aye!"

--------------------

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

- Posted      Profile for Spare Shepherd   Email Spare Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think Fourth Angel needs to see a pyschiatrist for work-related stress- but it should be available under a work-illness insurance programme....

--------------------

Posts: 68 | From: A sheeply village near Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Deputy Chief Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3698

Aye!

But I'll bring this sheep along just in case...

--------------------

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
stage whisper: shepherds! hey guys! you're meant to be visiting the baby tomorrow night! read the script!!!

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

*swipes one of Spare Shepherd's vegemite sandwiches* *munching* Hmmmm. Not bad. But it's not as good as marmite.

--------------------

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

Off we go to Bethlehem. Is it very far? Shall we find a stable lit by a star?

Shall we go in?

Should I take my little drum for some musical relief? Maybe the new mother would like me to play it a while?

--------------------

Deputy Chief Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3698

Something tells me I don't think we should leave just yet

--------------------

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

It will take us hours to get there at this rate.... probably not until tomorrow night.....

Rum pum pum pum...

--------------------

Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

That's ok, I have no intention of getting further than the bar of the Crown tonight!

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Even Lowlier Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3691

- Posted      Profile for Even Lowlier Shepherd   Author's homepage   Email Even Lowlier Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Musical Director:
stage whisper: shepherds! hey guys! you're meant to be visiting the baby tomorrow night! read the script!!!

Er.. right. So.. who's up for the pub first? I could definitely do with some nice cider!

--------------------
the ferret normally known as Siegfried

Posts: 36 | From: A field in Judea | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

quote:
Originally posted by Musical Director:

You mean we've got to pad this out for another 13 hours?

I will need that psychiatrist. Where's Angel 5 with that recorder?

Launches into Angels from the Realms of Glory (all 5 verses) to pass the time

--------------------

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

Actually, I'd prefer one of those seasonal starbucks coffees!
Eggnog latte I think....

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

quote:
Launches into Angels from the Realms of Glory (all 5 verses) to pass the time
Now that *is* truly hellish.

Musical Director: How about some Bauhaus?

--------------------

Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

quote:
Originally posted by Spare Shepherd:
Eggnog latte I think....

Listen, mate, you really don't get this do you?

WE ARE NOT MIDDLE CLASS!

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

Bugger.... knew I shouldn't wipe the vegemite knife on my tea towel head-dress. Now I'll need to find a clean one before we go anywhere....

--------------------

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Eggnog latte I think....

Now, that's available on the props table.... [Cool]

--------------------
The original bessie rosebride.

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

Chief, you may not be!
BUT I am - just doing this as a holiday job between semesters at Law School, so if I wanna go to upmarket coffee shops I darn well will, k?
If that's fine by the rest of you, of course?

--------------------

Deputy Chief Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3698

Should we order a pizza?

Do the angels want some garlic bread?

--------------------

Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

quote:
Bugger.... knew I shouldn't wipe the vegemite knife on my tea towel head-dress. Now I'll need to find a clean one before we go anywhere....

Snatches tea-towel from head of Spare Shepherd, stamps it in the dirt, returns it to his head

Now wear that and like it!

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

quote:
[thorws another chunk of petrified sheep plop on the fire]
*smiles brightly* So... Did anyone bring marshmellows?

--------------------

Deputy Chief Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3698

Chief, I think you need a drink

--------------------

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Comic Shepherd:
quote:
Eggnog latte I think....

Listen, mate, you really don't get this do you?

WE ARE NOT MIDDLE CLASS!

Get your alcohol in the pubs; I'll serve the coffee drinks! [Snigger]

--------------------
The original bessie rosebride.

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

Chief, you should talk to Fourth Angel about work-related stress -relief counselling...

You'll have a coronary if you go on like this............ [Eek!]

--------------------

Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

- Posted      Profile for Angel 3   Email Angel 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Suddenly there is an almighty clap of thunder and a celestial beam of light pierces the gloom, picking out sheherds, Fallen Angels and Angel 4. With a roar a golden Maserati skids to a halt. It is Elijah's Fiery Chariot. Out of it get a radiant Presence. Angel 3 has had a makeover....)
FEAR NOT, O LOWLY SHEEPHANDLERS!!!!
Today unto you in the City of David is born a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord!!!
(and his Evil Twin Cyril/ Letititia/Lavinia, which is neither here nor there)GO THERE AND WORSHIP YE HIM!!!!!!

O blast they've buggered off. Better follow them - if their sense of direction is anything like those Wise Men, they'll be half way to Damascus by now.

--------------------
The artist usually known as Duo Seraphim

"Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est."

Posts: 76 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

quote:
*points accusingly at the musical director* We were going to the flipping pub. But *he* said we had to stay here for hours!

--------------------

Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

quote:
Originally posted by Deputy Chief Shepherd:
Chief, I think you need a drink

That's the first sensible thing anyone's said all night!

I didn't go into shepherding for the razzmatazz! I went into it for the quiet life, and the lack of intellectual stimulation.

I can let WEEKS go by without a thought troubling me bonce!

And now it's all angel wings and glittery things...

It's TOO MUCH!!!

BRING ME A PINT!!!

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016