homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 9: Fear Not! - Shepherds and Angels proclaiming (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 9: Fear Not! - Shepherds and Angels proclaiming
chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Spare Shepherd:
Chief, you should talk to Fourth Angel about work-related stress -relief counselling...

You'll have a coronary if you go on like this............ [Eek!]

Indeed - freaking out just because of an eggnog latte..... [Frown]

--------------------
The original bessie rosebride.

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Deputy Chief Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3698

- Posted      Profile for Deputy Chief Shepherd   Email Deputy Chief Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Think I need something stronger

--------------------
Yes, I'm a madferret. And that's my own teatowel.

Posts: 115 | From: seated on the ground | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

- Posted      Profile for Spare Shepherd   Email Spare Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Speaking solely as an actor now.... my life-partner, and same-sex partner incidentally, (Rowen) wants me to go have a shower with her. So I'll come back later... just assume I am there needling the Chief, and needing a latte and clean tea-towel. Ah, and playing the druum, in case Mary is over-joyed with it later, k?)

--------------------
The last time I checked I was Rowen- really!

Posts: 68 | From: A sheeply village near Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Even Lowlier Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3691

- Posted      Profile for Even Lowlier Shepherd   Author's homepage   Email Even Lowlier Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ok... so, which one first? The King's Head? The Dancing Dreidle? Mary Magdalene's Mug?

--------------------
the ferret normally known as Siegfried

Posts: 36 | From: A field in Judea | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

- Posted      Profile for Chief Comic Shepherd   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Even Lowlier Shepherd:
Ok... so, which one first? The King's Head? The Dancing Dreidle? Mary Magdalene's Mug?

a broken man

I don't care...just take me somewhere safe, with beer.

She said 'lfe partner.....'
[Waterworks]

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Posts: 137 | From: Near Bethlehem | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

- Posted      Profile for Angel 3   Email Angel 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(She gets back in and Elijah's Golden Chariot roars into the night.)

<mobile phone tone "Angels from the Realms of Glory and message beeps>
Where is that mobile? A text message from Upstairs

NOT THSE SHEPHERDS DUMMY
OVR NXT HILL

--------------------
The artist usually known as Duo Seraphim

"Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est."

Posts: 76 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

- Posted      Profile for Black Angel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
*perks up* That's more like it.

Noone told me this angel stuff would be like this. Dispatched to a cold hillside, with too many sheep, and whiney angel colleagues who seem to think that white cotton nighties are the height of fashion. I've had sheep plop thrown at me and used up my best hair dye, with no thanks at all.

I wanna get bladdered.

--------------------
Peronel, Black Angel and Typo Slayer extraordinaire...

Posts: 91 | From: Floating on a little black cloud | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Deputy Chief Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3698

- Posted      Profile for Deputy Chief Shepherd   Email Deputy Chief Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

I vote all three

And mine's a Highland Park

Or should I go Irish? Hmmm. Decisions... [Confused]

--------------------

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Look, don't blame me for the pause in proceeding - you are the ones who rushed off all early. You need to learn to be patient.

But if you're off to the pub, I'll join you. And Highland Park? That sounds OK, but I prefer a Bushmills myself...

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

- Posted      Profile for Angel 3   Email Angel 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Finally - right hillside, right shepherds.)

FEAR NOT, O LOWLY SHEEPHANDLERS!!!!
Today unto you in the City of David is born a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord!!!
(and his Evil Twin Cyril/ Letititia/Lavinia, which is neither here nor there)GO THERE AND WORSHIP YE HIM!!!!!!

Mine's a Lagavulin - I have a bottle of Bushmills too. If you boys look in the boot of the Chariot, you'll find a coupla crates of Black Sheep.

--------------------

Stable Cat

Nativity Play
# 3657

- Posted      Profile for Stable Cat   Email Stable Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*stable cat decides to follow shepards and sheep to pub. *

pad, pad pad (sounds of soft cat-feet following shepards)

--------------------
nicolemrw says "meow!"

Posts: 85 | From: the stable | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

- Posted      Profile for Spare Shepherd   Email Spare Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My life partner and I will make do with gin and tonics....

--------------------

Posts: 68 | From: A sheeply village near Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Even Lowlier Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3691

- Posted      Profile for Even Lowlier Shepherd   Author's homepage   Email Even Lowlier Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[claps his hands together]Right then... to the Dancing Dreidle!!

--------------------

Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

- Posted      Profile for Chief Comic Shepherd   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Weeping and maudlin

I should've listened to me mother. She said, don't go with the wrong type of girl, son. Stay away from the bright lights....

I did, I did, but they came to me, the bright lights came up the hill...

I want my mummy!

Or failing that, a Highland Park would be good.

Are we nearly there yet?

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

- Posted      Profile for Fourth Angel   Email Fourth Angel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Gives a huge sigh of relief as reinforcements arrive in the shape of Angel 3

Now look, you can't go to see the baby Jesus if you're all half pissed. He won't be pleased. And you may upset his mother. Meek and mild and all that, you know?

--------------------
From the goddess Inanna to the fourth angel from the left.

Posts: 62 | From: The Realms of Glory | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Deputy Chief Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3698

I'm getting a little worried about that spare shepherd... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

- Posted      Profile for Black Angel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*points to Angel 3* But we don't need to go anywhere. There's alcohol here.

Give us a drink. We can sort out the baby thing later.

--------------------

Posts: 91 | From: Floating on a little black cloud | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Did someone mention Black Sheep? [Big Grin]

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, no you don't. Not another night of being abandoned backstage as the sole crew member. I'll be off with you to the pubs.

Allow me to change from these coveralls to something more appropriate. Black Angel, any spare Goth clothing I may borrow?

--------------------

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

Chief, ol' mate... all I can say is " There, there", and look, I'll kindly pat your shoulder.

--------------------

Deputy Chief Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3698

quote:
Originally posted by Fourth Angel:
Now look, you can't go to see the baby Jesus if you're all half pissed.

The chief doesn't go in for half measures, I'll have you know!

--------------------

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Got anything for purple sheep? [Confused]

--------------------
I may be just a purple sheep with a funny nose, but ThatsMrJuice 2U!

Posts: 110 | From: The Sheep Shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

quote:
I should've listened to me mother. She said, don't go with the wrong type of girl, son. Stay away from the bright lights....

I did, I did, but they came to me, the bright lights came up the hill...

I want my mummy!

Or failing that, a Highland Park would be good.

Are we nearly there yet?

Creeps up to Chief Comic Shepherd. She's not all glowy like her angel-colleagues, and her dark robes blend spooookily into the shadows.

BOOO!!

--------------------

Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

quote:
Originally posted by Black Angel:
*points to Angel 3* But we don't need to go anywhere. There's alcohol here.

Give us a drink. We can sort out the baby thing later.

cheering considerably
I like you, you're not so shiny as the rest. Yes, let's stop 'ere and get a proper drink. And if Nancty over there (pointsd to Spare Shepherd) wants a latte, she can get it herself.

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Deputy Chief Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3698

quote:
Originally posted by Musical Director:
But if you're off to the pub, I'll join you. And Highland Park? That sounds OK, but I prefer a Bushmills myself...

Only if well watered down with fizzy ginger ale [Killing me]

--------------------

Even Lowlier Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3691

Ok.. this looks to be the place. Hmm.. a bit seedier than I recall. Ah well. It's Christmas Eve.. they'll all be merry. Bartender! A pint of cider if you please!! and a poison apple on the side!

--------------------

Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

quote:
Chief, ol' mate... all I can say is " There, there", and look, I'll kindly pat your shoulder.

Yes, I know its a shock and all that - angelic visitors, colour changing sheep...

Now we must have some food to go with the drink. You couldn't spare a sheep could you? No? They don't like the idea? Well let me see what's in the boot....

--------------------

Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

What d'you do tha for? Made me nearly wet me undies!

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Deputy Chief Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3698

quote:
Ah well. It's Christmas Eve..

Eh? Christmas? What's Christmas?

--------------------

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

(Looks to me like someone has a thing about middle-class people, who have same-sex life partners... but I won't say who- because this is a religious play, and we should all be nice and care for each other, and I guess it IS a family-rating affair after all. So I will be mature and sensible about the whole thing).

Could we sit up the back near the backgammon and scrabble sets?

The Spare Shepherd brightly beams at the Chief.

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

quote:
Allow me to change from these coveralls to something more appropriate. Black Angel, any spare Goth clothing I may borrow?

With one fingertip, Dark Angel traces a rectangle of glowing light in the sky. Concentrating, she pulls open - well, what would be a wormhole, if Star Trek had been invented yet - into her wardrobe. Casually...

Sure. Help yourself.

--------------------

Stable Cat

Nativity Play
# 3657

- Posted      Profile for Stable Cat   Email Stable Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*stable cat still following shepards into pub*

pad, pad pad

*stops at bar*

mrrrrrrrttt?

--------------------
nicolemrw says "meow!"

Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

Now look, I'm not going into my local in damp undies and a ferret-skin cloak. Let's stop out 'ere and see what the nice shiny lady's briught with 'er.

You get some peanuts and dips, Lowlier...

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Even Lowlier Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3691

quote:
Originally posted by Deputy Chief Shepherd:
quote:
Ah well. It's Christmas Eve..

Eh? Christmas? What's Christmas?
[downs the poison apple and bangs the glass down on the table] You know, it's when Father Christmas brings presents to all the good little boys and girls. Don't tell me your parents were that 'progressive' sort that don't go in for things like that!

--------------------

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

quote:
(Looks to me like someone has a thing about middle-class people, who have same-sex life partners... but I won't say who- because this is a religious play, and we should all be nice and care for each other, and I guess it IS a family-rating affair after all. So I will be mature and sensible about the whole thing).

You're obviously not aware of the slash and gash scenes which have transpired with Evil Henchman and Herod.....

and the cat torture.
[Big Grin]

--------------------

Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

(Angel 3 produces a large picnic hamper. Out of it pops a fully stocked bar, with Black Sheep on tap and lots of pork scratchings and crisps. Next to it, is a barbecue with sausages and steaks. There's lots of salads, prawns and lobsters (as some of the shepherds are plainly Australians) and lots of frosty lagers.)

--------------------

Lowly Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3693

- Posted      Profile for Lowly Shepherd   Email Lowly Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[ Taxi pulls up. Out jumps lowly Shepherd, clutching a laptop and a knitting bag ]

Sorry I'm late everyone. Have I missed anything? Oo good! Drinkies!

--------------------
aka Busyknitter

Posts: 7 | From: On a lonely hillside | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chief Angel

Nativity Play
# 3706

- Posted      Profile for Chief Angel   Email Chief Angel       Edit/delete post 
*Chief Angel flies in carrying some full shopping bags full of nibbles suitable for a Bethlehem hillsided in the middle of winter*

Fear Not! For I bring some snacks, dips, crisps and Marshmallows!

[Two face] [Angel] [Two face]

--------------------
WorkInProgress at her most angelic...

Posts: 42 | From: Heaven/Pantoland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chief Comic Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3660

I'm beginning to quite like Angel 3.

If we could ditch the lager in favour of Real Ale, we'd be made!

Hi Lowly, old mate. Where you bin?

--------------------
I be also known as Moth!

Stable Cat

Nativity Play
# 3657

*stable cat is VERY interested in the shellfish*

mrrrrttttt?? prrrrrrtttt?

--------------------
nicolemrw says "meow!"

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

(Of course, I knew about the violence in earlier scenes, but they were different. The actors weren't affected by my middle class presence. This is NOW, and I am here- except that my life partner now has to log off the computer and go to work, so we'll be back later... just pretend I am sitting up the back playing scrabble with an extra, drinking pub lattes [Wink] )

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

*waggles a prawn temptingly Here kitty kitty...

--------------------

Chief Angel

Nativity Play
# 3706

- Posted      Profile for Chief Angel   Email Chief Angel       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Comic Shepherd:

Think I got some Ale in here somewhere...

*Chief Angel rummages deeper into her shopping bags*

--------------------

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

quote:

With one fingertip, Dark Angel traces a rectangle of glowing light in the sky. Concentrating, she pulls open - well, what would be a wormhole, if Star Trek had been invented yet - into her wardrobe. Casually...

Sure. Help yourself.

Thanks. Takes gorgeous dark purple dress with black lace, black boots, and glittery black and red arm cuffs.

Changes into outfit as hair is transformed into brilliant blood red colour......

--------------------

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Looks at self again, realizes, I don't look half bad. I could get into this purple thing. Looks, totally goth and everything.

Grabs a bottle of Black Sheep and drinks it down.

--------------------
I may be just a purple sheep with a funny nose, but ThatsMrJuice 2U!

Posts: 110 | From: The Sheep Shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

quote:
Thanks. Takes gorgeous dark purple dress with black lace, black boots, and glittery black and red arm cuffs.

Changes into outfit as hair is transformed into brilliant blood red colour......

With her non-prawn containing hand, offers eyeliner...

--------------------

Chief Angel

Nativity Play
# 3706

quote:
*waggles a prawn temptingly Here kitty kitty...

Got some fish flavoured cat treats too, if that doesn't work

[Angel] [Two face] [Angel]

--------------------

Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

quote:
Originally posted by Chief Comic Shepherd:
I'm beginning to quite like Angel 3.

Next to the Black Sheep, sweetie.

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Sheep 3, back in the stable, wakes up and hears what sounds like a flock of sheep and their shepherds beginning an evening of serious pub-crawling]

Baaaaaa?

[She leaves the stable and goes off to investigate]

*jingle jingle*

*trudge*

*jingle jingle*

*trudge*

[ 17. December 2002, 22:40: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Even Lowlier Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3691

Ok.. I'm lost.. are we at a pub or still on that blasted hillside with those annoying angels?

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016