homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 9: Fear Not! - Shepherds and Angels proclaiming (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 9: Fear Not! - Shepherds and Angels proclaiming
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Um, Sheep 2? I think we have a problem.

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 2

Nativity Play
# 3714

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 2   Email Sheep 2   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Uhhh, yeah. What are we supposed to do with a drunk angel?

--------------------
Woozle

Long live the sheep!!

Posts: 36 | From: The Field | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

- Posted      Profile for Angel 6     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The angels are not drunk. Angels cannot be influenced by alcohol.

They can, however, become INTENSELY cross with dim shepherds and thicker-than-several-boards ovine creatures.

So watch it.

--------------------
Rossweisse // The few, the proud, the angelic

Posts: 133 | From: Heavenly Host clubroom | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

- Posted      Profile for Angel 3   Email Angel 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Angel 6:
(Enters, sees Gawdawful mess.)

Jesus Christ! (as it were.)

(Having neglected to turn in Flaming Sword at end of Garden of Eden Entrance duty, takes flat of it to fallen angels, dim-witted shepherds and totally thick sheep, singeing and scattering same. Hands a bottle of rather nice red wine to Jedi Knight, pulls out a glass of Courvoisier, and has a drink.)

Honestly. What ARE you alleged angels thinking? What a disgusting spectacle.

(Gathers idiot shepherds back together, ditto Angelic Host, leads in the Big Messiah Scene. Has another drink.)

AHA!!!Bitch fight!

Here are these poor shepherds out in the cold with their lovely and thoughtful sheep. I - er, we bring a little cheer into their lives and it's second degree burns all round!

Look at these sweet, generous, talking sheep. I'm sorry for the jokes about kebabs and BBQs. Here's a lovely box with a bow for those bells. I'll help you gather them up.

--------------------
The artist usually known as Duo Seraphim

"Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est."

Posts: 76 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

- Posted      Profile for Angel 6     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Angel 3:
...Look at these sweet, generous, talking sheep. I'm sorry for the jokes about kebabs and BBQs. Here's a lovely box with a bow for those bells. I'll help you gather them up.

Okay, Angel 3 -- that's enough booze for YOU! Come along, dear -- time for choir practice!

--------------------

Sheep 2

Nativity Play
# 3714

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 2   Email Sheep 2   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've seen a few angels who, if they were not drunk, were sure putting on a good show of it.

Sheep are smarter than shepherds, thank you very much. We just don't choose to show it that often.

--------------------
Woozle

Long live the sheep!!

Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

quote:
Originally posted by Sheep 2:
...Sheep are smarter than shepherds, thank you very much....

I can believe that, because it's hard to believe that ANYthing could be thicker than these shepherds.

Of course, if you lot could manage to toilet-train yourselves, it would be ever so much more convincing. Give it some thought, would you?

--------------------

Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

- Posted      Profile for Angel 3   Email Angel 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I've seen a few angels who, if they were not drunk, were sure putting on a good show of it.

Sheep are smarter than shepherds, thank you very much. We just don't choose to show it that often.

I'm not um, drunk. Angelic being, spiritual essence, all that sort of thing.

No, don't wave that thing at me, Angel 6. Unless you want to join me in the mud-wrestling pit, outside my pub, of course.

--------------------

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wakes up

Hey, what's going on around here? I had this awful dream where Jerry Falwell accused me of being gay just because I was purple ...

Looks around to see two angels wrestling and pulling their wings off each other. Sees shepards, sheep, and fallen angels scattered over a scorched piece of ground.

I need a drink!

Grabs the last bottle of Black Sheep.

--------------------
I may be just a purple sheep with a funny nose, but ThatsMrJuice 2U!

Posts: 110 | From: The Sheep Shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

quote:
No, don't wave that thing at me, Angel 6. Unless you want to join me in the mud-wrestling pit, outside my pub, of course.

We ARE supposed to be on the same side, A3....

--------------------

Sheep 2

Nativity Play
# 3714

quote:

I'm not um, drunk. Angelic being, spiritual essence, all that sort of thing.

Sure, whatever.

Toilet training? Umphf. I dunno. I think it's kinda fun to see the shepherds get mad about it. [Devil] Sheep 3?

--------------------
Woozle

Long live the sheep!!

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
...Sheep are smarter than shepherds, thank you very much....

I can believe that, because it's hard to believe that ANYthing could be thicker than these shepherds.

Of course, if you lot could manage to toilet-train yourselves, it would be ever so much more convincing. Give it some thought, would you?

We are definitely much smarter than the shepherds, but it's rather difficult to express it when limited to "baa", staring, eating, sleeping, and other limited natural functions. We do the best with what we are given.

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

quote:
Originally posted by Sheep 3:
We are definitely much smarter than the shepherds, but it's rather difficult to express it when limited to "baa", staring, eating, sleeping, and other limited natural functions. We do the best with what we are given.

Do more. Please.

--------------------

Sheep 2

Nativity Play
# 3714

quote:

Do more. Please.

Picky, picky, picky.

--------------------
Woozle

Long live the sheep!!

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

Oh.my.God.

I just looked at the Programme. Tomorrow is Scene 10: Shepherds visit.

How on earth is that scene ever going to happen. They rarely show up, much less together. and they're pretty useless even then. And looking at them now, tomorrow night they'll still be seriously hungover.

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

quote:
Originally posted by Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep:

Looks around to see two angels wrestling and pulling their wings off each other. Sees shepards, sheep, and fallen angels scattered over a scorched piece of ground.

(Angel 3 has Angel 6 in a chokehold. Angel 6 is trying to bite one of Angel 3's wings off. Each thinks they are winning.)

Pax,Angel 6. I know you've got your mouth full - just nod. That's the way!

(They disengage. Angel 3 and Angel 6 click their fingers. Instantly both are healed of their injuries and restored to their former radiance.)

Can't make choir practice, tonight, sweetie. The sheep are veritable ovine geniuses, but someone has to watch over the flocks by night. Can I interest you in some 30 year old Armagnac?

--------------------

Sheep 2

Nativity Play
# 3714

This could get very very interesting (or stupid) [Eek!] . Us sheep may have to fill in quite a bit (knowing the shepherds' inadequacies [Killing me] ). And they talk about us! [Disappointed]

--------------------
Woozle

Long live the sheep!!

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

(Pssst. Sheep 2. While the angels are fighting, let's go pull the robes off all the shepherds. [Snigger] )

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
All I know is nobody better call me Barney! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Sheep 2

Nativity Play
# 3714

[Snigger] [Snigger] [Snigger]
[Sheep 2 walks over to a drunkenly sleeping shepherd and seizes his robe in her teeth

*rip*

*rip*

[Snigger] [Snigger] [Snigger] [Devil]

--------------------
Woozle

Long live the sheep!!

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Sheep 3 wanders over to Chief Comic Shepherd and begins nibbling on his robes]

*nibble, nibble*

[Projectile]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

Well, my orders say nothing about watching over the shepherds. Do your worst, sheep! No biting mind.

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

Biting? You think, Angel 3, that we would ever bite someone who didn't deserve it? Please give us a little credit. Beneath our stupid sheep brains visible to the ordinary world, we are....

Well, we're not allowed to say what we are.

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Sheep 2

Nativity Play
# 3714

Hmmmmm.

[Spits out bits of robe.]

Yuck. Guess I'll not try out for the goat part next year. This is disgusting.

So we can bite people who deserve it? [Devil] [Devil]

[Walks over to a drooling Deputy Chief Shepherd with a big grin]

[Devil] [Snigger] [Snigger] [Snigger] [Devil]

--------------------
Woozle

Long live the sheep!!

Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

Now, Sheep 3, as an immortal, ascended spiritual being I can see exactly what you really are.

(Angel 3 settles down on a rock with Angel 6. In an companiable way, they share the Armagnac and watch the Revenge of the Sheep. Soon the dawn will be breaking. Who knows what the new day will bring?)

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Local time for Sheep 3 strikes midnight]

Baaaaaa.

[Sheep 3, no longer able to speak, decides to go to sleep]

Baaa.aaa....aa..zzzzzzzzzzzzz

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Sheep 2

Nativity Play
# 3714

Shoot. There goes Sheep 3. Let's see...2 hours left. That should be plenty of time...

[Sheep 2 grips Deputy Chief Shepherd's robe more firmly and gives a good pull]

*riiiiiiiiip*

*riiiiiiiiip*

--------------------
Woozle

Long live the sheep!!

Nativity Play
# 3667

Grabs other end of Deputy Chief's Shepard's robe and gives it a good pull.

rrrrrrrrrriiiiiippppp!
rrrrrrrrrriiiiiippppp!

Sees a purple cloak left behind by the Black Angel. Tosses it over Deputy Chief Shepard.

[Snigger] Let's see how you like being purple! Baaaaaaaa! [Two face]

--------------------

Sheep 2

Nativity Play
# 3714

[Trots over to the dreaming Spare Shepherd and seizes robe]

Just had to make all those comments about lambchops and BBQs, huh? [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

*riiiiiip*

We'll see if you ever do that again!

*riiiiiiiip*

Hahahahaha! [Devil] [Snigger] [Devil] [Snigger]

--------------------
Woozle

Long live the sheep!!

Nativity Play
# 3667

Finds another spare purple cloak lying around, and throws it on Spare Shepard.

[Snigger] Let's dress all of you in purple, now. Hahahahahahahaha. [Killing me] [Devil]

In Rudolph's frenzy, thinks about the Black Angel and purple clad Fallen Angel and Stage Manager. Considers joining them on the dark side. Wonders if Rudolph himself may be evil.

Then ponders if a creature without a soul can be truly evil or good. While pondering the theological and moral ramifications of this statement:

Rudolph falls asleep.

[Snore] [Snore] [Snore]

--------------------

Sheep 2

Nativity Play
# 3714

[Sheep 2 heaves a heavy sigh, yawning]

Ahhhh! All this revenge is tiring. Ooh! What's this?

[Finds a whiskey bottle next to Deputy Chief Shepherd and takes a sip.]

Whooooo! Can see why they're so wiped out. Hmmm.
Getting veeeeeerrry sleeeeeepy.

[Falls to knees, slowly tips over]

Goodness sakes! I'm....zzzzzzzzzzzz

--------------------
Woozle

Long live the sheep!!

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

- Posted      Profile for Spare Shepherd   Email Spare Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Having finished playing scrabble with an extra down the back of the pub, (ie Rowen, my life partner has come home from work), I can now re-enter the fray... However all the other shepherds seem to be dead drunk or something. And the sheep are all over the place. How typically not middle- class, my dear Chief Shepherd! How unlike me!

Anyway, seeing all these folk are unable to have a class debate with me again, I'll nip next door to Starbucks and buy an eggnogg latte... much to Chief's horror! Ha ha!!

Then I'll buy some trendy newspaper and read up on the current news... I understand Herod's tetchy again. There's a bunch of men travelling around somewhere; stars are shining even more brightly than before, and the hotels are full up this season.

And then I'll go to the butchers for some lamb chops or something.

Finally back to the pub... Chief will never know my middle-class roots are showing!

--------------------
The last time I checked I was Rowen- really!

Posts: 68 | From: A sheeply village near Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

- Posted      Profile for Black Angel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Enters stage right, dragging large and interesting-looking shopping bags. Spots what Rudolph the Purple Sheep has done to the shepherds. Bless. I have a protege.

Staggers up to nearest snoring shepherd. Dumps shopping. Taps shepherd on forehead.

Ahem. Babies. Bethlehem. Remember?

Shouldn't you be packing??

If you spend the adoration sleeping it off in a field, upstairs is NOT going to be happy.

--------------------
Peronel, Black Angel and Typo Slayer extraordinaire...

Posts: 91 | From: Floating on a little black cloud | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Assorted Strings

Nativity Play
# 3652

- Posted      Profile for Assorted Strings   Email Assorted Strings   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
OK, we have a load of boozed up shepherds, in a pub on a hill somewhere.....

This calls for a barn dance I think. And you sheep can jingle all those bells along as well - we'll need them too!

<strikes up the traditional kind of tuning bit at the start of a hoe down>

Ahem, shepherds and angels (and sheep), take your partners for the Bethlehem Reel

--------------------
kingsfold's alter ego....

fiddling, plucking and strumming

Posts: 53 | From: the orchestra pit | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
angel 5

Nativity Play
# 3696

- Posted      Profile for angel 5   Email angel 5   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(will get in the write up if i die trying!)
Meanwhile, the smallest angel (who can't fly as fast as the others) has been on a round-the-world trip to gather lots of people from every contry in the world to come and adore the new born king...unfortuantly, she couldn't find any apart from a couple of kids "playing" with a cat...so she came alone...and, at last caught up with the others...
So are you shepards going then?
Can you huryy up about it, you only have about 2 hours 'til the scene ends!
I'll lend you my wings if you want!?!

--------------------
and all the angels sang for him, the bells of heaven rang for him
for a boy was born, king of all the world
----
sophs

Posts: 38 | From: in a cattle shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

- Posted      Profile for Black Angel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For once, the Goth Angel finds herself in agreement with one of the heavenly host. Grabbing a sleeping shepherd by the ear, she shouts: You need to get a move on already

--------------------

Posts: 91 | From: Floating on a little black cloud | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
angel 5

Nativity Play
# 3696

- Posted      Profile for angel 5   Email angel 5   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*shouts*
look if you lot don't move NOW i will get Jesus' Evil Twin to come and EAt you...adn if that doesn't work i will throw a tantrum.
I'm the littlest angel and I'm ALLOWED to scream and scream untill you all GO TO bETHLEHEM.
There is a KING for you to Worship there

OH and bring some PRESENTS.

and i mean it about the temper tantrum.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

(hey, i like playing a little kid:) can i do it all the time?)

--------------------
----
sophs

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

Black Angel is /not/ going to be upstaged by an over-grown toddler in a frilly white nighty.

I warned you. I told you there would be doom and gloom and untold suffering and torment. But ohhh no. You went with that 'Fear Not' line and decided to throw a party. With dips.

Now I ask you? Is that the right way to greet the news of the birth of the Son of God and his evil twin?

If you don't get your butts into gear and get down to that stable pronto, then *you* can explain it to the management.

Glares at the sheep And that goes double for you.

--------------------

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

- Posted      Profile for Spare Shepherd   Email Spare Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hey, chill out, little baby dude angel...
Here, have a Babychino (coffee for infants) from the shop next door to the pub... and a wee gingerebread man... After all, it's Christmas!

Whatever Christmas actually is.

--------------------

Posts: 68 | From: A sheeply village near Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lowliest Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3650

- Posted      Profile for Lowliest Shepherd   Email Lowliest Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Damn I'm late I must have overslept.

Here what's with all these angels and sheep!

--------------------
Rob Miller - Ship's TULIP

Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

- Posted      Profile for Fourth Angel   Email Fourth Angel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*sighs at the Black Angel*

Look, they'll be fine. As long as they start moving by midday, they'll get to the stable in plenty of time for tonight's adoration scene.

And it'll give the BVM a chance to catch up on her beauty sleep too. She was looking somewhat ragged around the edges last time I checked. That Evil Lavinia's doing her no good at all.

*lightbulb moment, complete with appropriate glow*

I know! Why don't you go take care of the evil one. I'm sure you two will have so much in common....

--------------------
From the goddess Inanna to the fourth angel from the left.

Posts: 62 | From: The Realms of Glory | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lowliest Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3650

- Posted      Profile for Lowliest Shepherd   Email Lowliest Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Spare Shepherd:
and a wee gingerebread man...

Gingerbread Person - get with the programme

--------------------
Rob Miller - Ship's TULIP

angel 5

Nativity Play
# 3696

the "over-grown toddler in a frilly white nighty"
is also not going to be beaten by a strange person with no fashions sense in torn black dress.

Don't insult the nighty!

THAT IS IT
I'm getting the recorder out and i'm doing it NOW.

plays ickle donkey...then the song about angels and hills...and singing...that she can't remember the name of......very very badly....

And i'm not stopping until you go!

It was on a starry night, when the hills were bright, and world was sleeping.....

Ickle donkey ickle donkey on the dusty road...

hmmm...being evil and stroppy is fun...perhaps the evil henchman/black angel can teach me more...

[Big Grin]

--------------------
----
sophs

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

quote:
Look, they'll be fine. As long as they start moving by midday, they'll get to the stable in plenty of time for tonight's adoration scene.
*wails* But they've got to pack. And sort their outfits. And do their hair. And here they are just lying around all smelly. In stripes.

They haven't even washed their socks.

--------------------

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

Bloody politically-correct gingerebread MAN!

Ditto badly-behaved childish angels.... Just wait til God finds out you are being naughty! You'll be sorry then!

--------------------

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Look shepherds, I suggest you tidy yourselves up a bit before tonight. And you won't find anyone there before 8pm anyway - Mary has gone Christmas shopping with the twins, and Joseph is having a flutter on the Decapolis Derby.

Why don't you sort out some entertainment? A Barbershop Quartet song or something? Maybe one of you could tap-dance. Or, better still, juggle - babies love juggling.

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

I intend to play my little drum for Mary....

pum pum pum.
I'll play my best for him, pa rum pum pum, rum pum pum...

--------------------

angel 5

Nativity Play
# 3696

quote:
Originally posted by Spare Shepherd:

Ditto badly-behaved childish angels.... Just wait til God finds out you are being naughty! You'll be sorry then!

Thats it.

I'm NOT going to Bethlehem.
the shepards being mean...make her stop. this isn't fair...Everyone's bullying me...frist Herod, now the shepard...

I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU.
I'M NOT MOVING FROM ON STAGE.
i'm going to sit in this corner and SULK and CRY cos you've upset me.

Your all nasty and i want my Auntie Molly.... [Waterworks]

*sits in center of stage crying*

--------------------
----
sophs

Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

- Posted      Profile for Fourth Angel   Email Fourth Angel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Black Angel bewailed:
*wails* But they've got to pack. And sort their outfits. And do their hair. And here they are just lying around all smelly. In stripes.

They haven't even washed their socks.

Well where's that fairy godmother when you need her? We don't need a cinderella type thing here, but a bit of bibbity bobbeting on those rather ragged looking shepherds wouldn't go amiss.

Bloody fairies [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
From the goddess Inanna to the fourth angel from the left.

Posts: 62 | From: The Realms of Glory | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

Will you feel any better if I drum for you too?

Or practise asking what can I give him- give my heart......
You'd like to see that, wouldn't you, dearie?

Or, shut up, and eat an old vegemite sandwhich...

BTW, I had my hair cut and coloured at the salon next to Starbucks, so I am all ready for the Great Visit.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016