homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 9: Fear Not! - Shepherds and Angels proclaiming (Page 7)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 9: Fear Not! - Shepherds and Angels proclaiming
Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

- Posted      Profile for Black Angel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Ditto badly-behaved childish angels.... Just wait til God finds out you are being naughty! You'll be sorry then!
Us? Naughty? Us??

This from the one who plans to give the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, etc., etc., stale veggiemite sandwiches as a pressie.

I'm not going to talk to you, either. You wait til Lavinia hears about this.

Stalks off to join Angel 5 in her corner.

Here. I have chocolate. Green and blacks. Just promise me you won't start playing again, 'Kay?

--------------------
Peronel, Black Angel and Typo Slayer extraordinaire...

Posts: 91 | From: Floating on a little black cloud | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
angel 5

Nativity Play
# 3696

- Posted      Profile for angel 5   Email angel 5   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Spare Shepherd:
Will you feel any better if I drum for you too?

Or practise asking what can I give him- give my heart......
You'd like to see that, wouldn't you, dearie?

Or, shut up, and eat an old vegemite sandwhich...

i'm not talking to you...

--------------------
and all the angels sang for him, the bells of heaven rang for him
for a boy was born, king of all the world
----
sophs

Posts: 38 | From: in a cattle shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

- Posted      Profile for Spare Shepherd   Email Spare Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nah, don't be silly- I'm gonna give my heart, in a soprano solo, followed by a drum encore, thus fulfilling the ancient prophecies in at least 2 Christmas carols....

--------------------
The last time I checked I was Rowen- really!

Posts: 68 | From: A sheeply village near Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

- Posted      Profile for Black Angel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I'm gonna give my heart
Perks up at this. There will be dismembering?

No. I'm not talking to you, either. You made Angel 5 crwyyy.

--------------------

Posts: 91 | From: Floating on a little black cloud | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
angel 5

Nativity Play
# 3696

- Posted      Profile for angel 5   Email angel 5   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Angel:
Here. I have chocolate. Green and blacks. Just promise me you won't start playing again, 'Kay?

thanks Black Angle...
I won't start playing again...you can't sulk and play the recorder at the same time, and i am occupied sulking!

--------------------
----
sophs

Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

- Posted      Profile for Fourth Angel   Email Fourth Angel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
awkwardly pats Angel 5 on the shoulder

There. There there. Now.. um.. come on. Don't cry. We've got to go accompany these nice shepherds to Bethlehem. And see the baby again.

Maybe Mary will let you hold him. The nice one, that is. We'll leave Lavina to our gothy friend over there.

--------------------
From the goddess Inanna to the fourth angel from the left.

Posts: 62 | From: The Realms of Glory | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

- Posted      Profile for Spare Shepherd   Email Spare Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bugger, it's probably not a good thing to get on the bad side of the Heavenly Host...ummmmmm

Brightly-
What a lovely day it is today. And so close to Christmas! Why don't we go out and play hopscotch, or better still, go and look at the Christmas shop windows down at the open-air markets...

A bright smile follows!

--------------------

Posts: 68 | From: A sheeply village near Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

quote:
I won't start playing again...you can't sulk and play the recorder at the same time, and i am occupied sulking!

Really? Good. Sulking isn't quite gloomy or spooky, but it's a start.

We'll make a proper Goth Angel of you yet.

Would you like to borrow my eyeliner? You can draw squiggles on your face and everything.

--------------------

angel 5

Nativity Play
# 3696

quote:
Originally posted by Fourth Angel:
awkwardly pats Angel 5 on the shoulder

There. There there. Now.. um.. come on. Don't cry. We've got to go accompany these nice shepherds to Bethlehem. And see the baby again.

Maybe Mary will let you hold him. The nice one, that is. We'll leave Lavina to our gothy friend over there.

the Black Angel was nice to me, she gave me some choclate...

and if i come can i help bath the Baby?
Please?

I'll be really good and not sulk anymore...

But i'm still not talking to the nasty shepard.
Not even the Big Guy himself will make me talk to her [Razz]

--------------------
----
sophs

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

quote:
We've got to go accompany these nice shepherds to Bethlehem
They're not nice shepherds. They smell funny. And they don't have proper marmite. And they made Angel 5 cry.

And they didn't give us presents.

Sothere.

--------------------

Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

- Posted      Profile for Fourth Angel   Email Fourth Angel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*ushers Angel5 away from that nasty dark creature and offers of eyeliner*

I'm sure you can bath the baby Jesus, yep. And he won't cry or anything, because he's perfect like that. Besides, he may recognise you from his pre-incarnational existance.

Just come with me. And move over here. *keeps steering Angel5 away from the lure of the goth*

That's it. Now, do you want to do a nice loud "fear not" to wake up these shepherds? You can even do the glowy thing to lead them into Bethlehem.

casts smug grin back at Dark Angel. You may have corrupted Angel 1, a sheep and the stagehand, but you're not getting this one.

--------------------

angel 5

Nativity Play
# 3696

sneaks up to the drunk shepards with a selection of Black Angels Make up, and draws all over their faces....

[Snigger]

Wanders over to do the same to the musical director...

[Snigger]

And i'm not trying to be black, just little angel's never get to do all the fun stuff...
And it's not fair
[Waterworks]

--------------------
----
sophs

angel 5

Nativity Play
# 3696

(cross posting makes this very confusing)

Can i be a black angel when i grow up?

--------------------
----
sophs

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

The Spare Shepherd hands her a packet of tim-tams.

"Will this do as a present, Black Angel?"

http://www.arnotts.com/Biscuits/OurBiscuitsP.asp?BID=79

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

*looks devastated* Chocolate in one hand, eyeliner in the other, she trails after the heavenly pair. It's true her aura is more of, well, an anti-glow than the bright white sparklyness emited by the other two. But she tries.

But she was going to be my friend.

--------------------

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

In fact, share them round with the other angels...

(Bribery will keep me in the good graces of the Heavenly Host)

--------------------

Lowliest Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3650

- Posted      Profile for Lowliest Shepherd   Email Lowliest Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
All right Spare Shepherd we come back to the fields

• All the other shepherds and sheep are lying very lifelessly on the ground.
  • There are "Heavenly Beings" in the air.
  • Spare Shepherd is unpolitically correct.
I feel we are being asked to join a cult!

--------------------
Rob Miller - Ship's TULIP

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

quote:
The Spare Shepherd hands her a packet of tim-tams.
Chocolate is bad for ickle baby tummies. It stops them sweetly sleeping.

Perfect

Us angels don't get indigestion.

--------------------

angel 5

Nativity Play
# 3696

quote:
*looks devastated* Chocolate in one hand, eyeliner in the other, she trails after the heavenly pair. It's true her aura is more of, well, an anti-glow than the bright white sparklyness emited by the other two. But she tries.

But she was going to be my friend.

I am your friend...

--------------------
----
sophs

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

Spare Shepherd eyes Lowliest Shepherd with some concern.

"What have you been taking recently, mate?"

--------------------

Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

*holds head in hand, mindful not to dislodge halo and mutters to self*

I'll strangle Gabriel when I see him, really I will. Just a pleasent little trip, he said. Now I've got half the heavenly host corrupted, and the other half putting make up on the drunken shepherds.

And we're meant to be on the move to Bethlehem in the next 20 minutes.

Is there any of that alcohol left...?

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

quote:
I am your friend...
*shares tim-tams*

Of course you can be a Goth Angel when you grow up. Just like me. We can go shopping, and do each other's hair, and paint our nails, and everything.

To see such a sweet smile on that overly-pale face could be disconcerting.

--------------------

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

But I am not drunk!
All I had was a Starbucks eggnog latte or 6.

However, the Lowliest Shepherd....

--------------------

angel 5

Nativity Play
# 3696

quote:

Of course you can be a Goth Angel when you grow up. Just like me.

Can i play my recorder now please?

--------------------
----
sophs

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You can play nothing, Angel 5, after painting me up like a member of Kiss.

[Mad]

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

You could accompany me on my drum, pa rum pa pa rum...

--------------------

Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

*raises head from hands and nods to Angel5*

Please. Play your recorder. Play it very very loudly.

That might wake up the sheep, at least.

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

quote:
Can i play my recorder now please?
Okay. But none of that wussy ickle Jesus stuff. That's for /girls/ (Goth Angel is a girl. This is irrelevant.)

Play something to wake up those shepherds.

She turns back to the hung-over shepherds And you lot. Get some clothes on. Baby Jesus is waiting for his pressies.

--------------------

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

When the Chief comes to, I think he'll need a shower. I know that is a very middle-class thing... but-

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

quote:
You can play nothing, Angel 5, after painting me up like a member of Kiss.
*grins proudly* She's started a phenonemon. There'll be purple sheep and mascara'd shepherds all over the hill-side in days...

--------------------

angel 5

Nativity Play
# 3696

Finds a stereo from somewhere and puts wake up it's a beutiful morning on very loudly...
will that do...

*wonders if the black angel will protect her from a [Mad] musical director....*

--------------------
----
sophs

Lowliest Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3650

- Posted      Profile for Lowliest Shepherd   Email Lowliest Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've been taking nothing, all I am saying it appears to be very cult-like around here.

By the way can I have a Tim-Tam to do a Tim-Tam Explosion ( If not a Penguin will do [Smile] )

Note to Musical Director - I can juggle very well

--------------------

Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

starts rounding up sheep

Here fleecey fleecey fleecey. Come along and see the nice ickle baby.

*smiles ever-so-sweetly at the shepherds*

Do you think we could get moving some time in the next ten minutes? Please?

--------------------

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

Spare Shepherd laces up her Doc Martens.... what trendy sheep herders are all wearing this summer.

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

quote:
starts rounding up sheep
*puts her hands on her hips* Now, where did the purple one go? I want him at the front. I can't wait to see what Lavinia makes of him

And, Angel 5, of course I'll protect you. That musical director wouldn't know taste if it came and bit him on the nose.

--------------------

angel 5

Nativity Play
# 3696

shouts very loudly...

if you don't move NOW i will get Herod to decapitate Sven the Moose

--------------------
----
sophs

Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

quote:
Originally posted by Spare Shepherd:
Spare Shepherd laces up her Doc Martens....

Doc Martens? Don't say that Goth monstrosity has managed to corrupt you too....?

--------------------

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

Spare Shepherd twines tinsel around her and Lowliest's heads- to brighten up this festive occasion...

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

quote:
Spare Shepherd laces up her Doc Martens....
*cheers*

--------------------

Lowliest Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3650

OK Lock and Load and we're outta here

--------------------

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

Spare Shepherd picks up the shepherds' ponchoes, and shakes the dust out of them. She folds them neatly into her backpack.

--------------------

Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

*chivvies along Lowliest shepherd*

I may regret asking this.. but what's a Tim Tam explosion?

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

quote:
OK Lock and Load and we're outta here
Ahem. And you have packed the pressies. Haven't you? Cos that Lavinia is even worse than Herod when it comes to not getting pressies.

--------------------

Lowliest Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3650

biggest scene yet?

--------------------

Narrator

Nativity Play
# 3680

- Posted      Profile for Narrator     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
While shepherds watched their flocks by night,
All huddled round a stove,
The angel of the Lord came down
And coloured one sheep mauve.

An angel black appeared to them
And they were sore afeard.
They tried to duck behind the sheep
Or hide behind their beards.

“Fear not,” the other angels said
“For we will deal with him.”
The shepherds did not understand
For they were rather dim.

“We know in David’s town this day
The beer is rather fine.
So we are heading to the pub,
The Crown shall be the sign.

A heavenly brew there you shall find
It’s really very good.
Fermented in the age-old way
Conditioned in the wood.

And by the way there also are
Two babies born today
One of them the Son of God
The other, we can’t say.”

--------------------
Chapelhead

Posts: 90 | From: Prompt corner | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
That musical director wouldn't know taste if it came and bit him on the nose.

So, Limp Angel, you wanna play hard-ball, eh? Lets see how you look with a forced change of dressing room, and costume, and make-up. I think we were looking for a Fairy understudy a few days ago. I think you will fit in quite well. Comprende, senorita?

--------------------

Spare Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3690

Spare Shepherd hands her backpack to Lowliest to carry.

--------------------

Lowliest Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3650

quote:
Originally posted by Fourth Angel:
*chivvies along Lowliest shepherd*

I may regret asking this.. but what's a Tim Tam explosion?

Well you bite of opposite corners of the Tim Tam and suck tea through it (or coffee) - Yum! And it kind of explodes (well melts)

--------------------

Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

Darn. And I was hoping we'd make 8 pages...

--------------------

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

And the curtain comes down...

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016