homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 11: Wise Men bring gifts (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 11: Wise Men bring gifts
Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

- Posted      Profile for Black Angel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Perched on the stable roof-top, idly filing her nails.

Quiet tonight. Hmmmm. Wonder if there's anything good on the telly.

More important, there should be some more pressies along shortly. Hopefully better than sheep, too.

Hmmmm.

Wonder if there'll be anything for me?

--------------------
Peronel, Black Angel and Typo Slayer extraordinaire...

Posts: 91 | From: Floating on a little black cloud | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

- Posted      Profile for Mother Mary   Email Mother Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I saw that, Joseph! [Paranoid]

I hope that's cough medicine you're having in there. You are driving, you know. I assume that once you've handed those census forms in this evening, we'll be off on our way home to Nazareth.

--------------------
Over 500 posts? No wonder I am exhausted. Wake me in the spring, if you please.(Smudgie)

Posts: 203 | From: Escaped back to real life at last. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gabriel
Apprentice
# 827

- Posted      Profile for Gabriel   Email Gabriel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Snap?
Posts: 42 | From: UK MIdlands | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

- Posted      Profile for Fourth Angel   Email Fourth Angel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What do you mean out on her own? I'm here too you know.

And as for on our own... just where were you two nights ago when we needed you to announce glad tidings of great joy to some shepherds on a hillside? Eh? Leaving me on my own in the cold to try and manage the job.

Not to mention that we lost Angel 1 to the *ahem* Dark Side.

Turns and beeeeeeeeeams at Mary

And so lovely to see you and the baby.. er.. babies again. You're looking wonderfully slim - you've not been borrowing corsets from that Black Angel now have you?

And did I hear a mention of teacakes?

--------------------
From the goddess Inanna to the fourth angel from the left.

Posts: 62 | From: The Realms of Glory | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

- Posted      Profile for Joseph   Author's homepage   Email Joseph   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mother Mary:
I saw that, Joseph! [Paranoid]

I hope that's cough medicine you're having in there. You are driving, you know. I assume that once you've handed those census forms in this evening, we'll be off on our way home to Nazareth.

Actually dear, I thought we might stick around in case anyone else wants to shower us in gifts. I mean, we do deserve them, after all. It was hard work bringing these kids to the world, and I don't intend to let my efforts in the process go unrewarded.

--------------------
Joseph, the not-so-Jesuitical ex-Lad.

Posts: 177 | From: Palestine | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

- Posted      Profile for Black Angel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Slides down chimney into stable. (Hey. It's Traditional.) Nonchalently, "Hi Gabe."

--------------------

Posts: 91 | From: Floating on a little black cloud | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gabriel
Apprentice
# 827

- Posted      Profile for Gabriel   Email Gabriel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
or even Happpy Families?

Now about presents - I had a coupple of parcels under my arms as I travelled, but i was mugged by three ugly looking guys and they took all I had

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

- Posted      Profile for Mother Mary   Email Mother Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Glances sorrowfully at the plate and offers the angel her last teacake, as a good hostess should. Smiles serenely and winks at the Chief Stage Manager who seems to have an unending supply.

They taste heavenly!

Suddenly remembers, and pops over to check on Jesus and Lavinia. The twins are doing fine. Lavinia sleeps on ...Mary wonders just what Joseph slipped in her bottle... and Jesus is smiling and playing with the little bell. Reassured, Mary returns to the card bale

--------------------
Over 500 posts? No wonder I am exhausted. Wake me in the spring, if you please.(Smudgie)

Posts: 203 | From: Escaped back to real life at last. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gabriel
Apprentice
# 827

where was I when you had to annouce good news on a cold hilside? Tucked up warm and dry, of course!

Do I need to remind you that I am Gabriel - the Archangel Gabriel and i don't do cold hillsides in winter!!

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

Looks Mary up and down critically.

Nice dress. Shame about the colour.

Peers mournfully at the empty plate.

Any more where those came from? Nothing like teacakes to go with a good game of poker.

--------------------

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Glances sorrowfully at the plate and offers the angel her last teacake, as a good hostess should. Smiles serenely and winks at the Chief Stage Manager who seems to have an unending supply.

They taste heavenly!

Of course, I do. More tea, as well. Sends more of all onstage.

--------------------
The original bessie rosebride.

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Sheep 3, who has been sniffing around the hay with the half-broken (?) eggs in it, suddenly catches a whiff of the teacakes and shoves into the group playing cards in an attempt to eat some]

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

*shove*

*sniff*

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

- Posted      Profile for Fourth Angel   Email Fourth Angel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*sighs at Gabriel*

No of course I hadn't forgotten. But I'll forgive you at least. Being angelic and all. Nearly lost my harp to frostbite. Or sheep bites or something.

Still, at least it's all warm and cosy here in the stable. And I'm ever so good at bridge.

*glares at Dark Angel for good measure

And you stay away from that nice baby Jesus. You can play with the other one if you want.

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Angel:
Looks Mary up and down critically.

Nice dress. Shame about the colour.

I told her that the other day - did she listen?

Did she heck!

Needs a dose of Trinny and whatsit off "What not to wear"

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

*swipes Fourth Angel's teacake*

Well I had fun. Great party. Pity about the shepherds, but you can't have everything.

quote:
I told her that the other day - did she listen?

Did she heck!

Needs a dose of Trinny and whatsit off "What not to wear"

Leans close to whisper to Fairy Godmother.

And she's got baby-sick down her shoulder.

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

- Posted      Profile for Joseph   Author's homepage   Email Joseph   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, thanks for all your comments, but my wife is dressed beautifully.

[Love]

So let's play cards and stop sniping at the Mother of God, alright?

[Mad]

--------------------

Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

*Swipes the tea cake back before those nasty little fangs can bite into it

Look, there's a whole new plate there. Go get your own.

*smiles sweetly at the BVM, and holds out sparkling white cloth.*

You may want this? For.. er.. just... right.. there. The shoulder, yes. It really doesn't look good against all the blue.

--------------------

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

Oh Joseph! My hero!!!!!! [Love]

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Sheep 3 snatches the teacake from Angel 4's hand]

*munch, munch*

Baaaa

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

quote:
Oh Joseph! My hero!!!!!!
Makes gagging gestures in one corner.

Reclaims teacake. Waggles it, dips one finger into the half-melted butter and licks it off luxuriantly.

--------------------

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rudolph catches a sniff of teacakes and moseys into the stable.

Baaaaaaaa!

Catches a glance of black angel and looks at her suspiciously. [Paranoid]

--------------------
I may be just a purple sheep with a funny nose, but ThatsMrJuice 2U!

Posts: 110 | From: The Sheep Shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Well, Sheep 3 did manage to get a small piece of the teacake]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

I'm not sure I like this Black Angel.

Yawns. Glances at wristsundial.

Gosh, I do hope that ANY OTHER VISITORS WHO MIGHT BE APPROACHING accelerate their arrival. It would be awful to get people turning up just as I decide to take a nap.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

Realizes she's sharing a tea-cake with a sheep. *Ick* *Ick*. Sheep slobber. Drops teacake hurridly.

--------------------

Gabriel
Apprentice
# 827

"Let's play cards" is that the best you can come up with for a quiet night in?
Stable Cat

Nativity Play
# 3657

- Posted      Profile for Stable Cat   Email Stable Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*stable cat, still looking for a lap, decides to try out the black angels, and hops up*

prrrrttt?

--------------------
nicolemrw says "meow!"

Posts: 85 | From: the stable | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

quote:
Realizes she's sharing a tea-cake with a sheep. *Ick* *Ick*. Sheep slobber. Drops teacake hurridly.

[Sheep 3 gobbles the rest of the teacake quickly]

*munch, gulp*

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Er... did you do that sheep Black Angel?

We could do with a few more that colour around here to brighten up the hillsides

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

*Glares at both Black Angel and that sheep and snatches her own teacake from the new pile. Sounds of satisfied munching ensue.*

So.. were we going to have that card game while we wait for whoever it is coming next?

We could always send one of the heavenly host out to find them. *looks pointedly at that Gothic excuse for an Angel*

--------------------

Wise Man 2

Nativity Play
# 3654

- Posted      Profile for Wise Man 2   Email Wise Man 2   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Getting somewhat bored waiting for the other wise men to awake, Wise Man 2 takes a pad of paper and a rather nice pen engraved with the hotel logo, and writes ...
To the other wise men, we couldn't wake you so Phil and I are heading to Bethlehem without you. The Tour Manager has left the keys to the bus so we're taking that. We have the gifts.

If you wake up any time soon follow us.

Wise Man 2 leaves the note prominantly in the room, picks up the bus keys and puts the pen in his pocket before leaving the room

--------------------
When I'm not creeping around stables at 2 in the morning I go by the name Alan

Posts: 67 | From: The Orient | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

Pats Stable Cat enthusiastically, wiping the last smears of butter off her fingers as she does so.

quote:
Er... did you do that sheep Black Angel?

We could do with a few more that colour around here to brighten up the hillsides

Yep. Isn't he just smashing? Pity about the nose though - I suggested powder.

How d'you think sheep three would look in a really dark red?

Looks pointedly back. I'm not going anywhere. Unlike some, I'm free-lance, and I haven't had my pressies. Besides, I'd disturb the kitty.

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Sheep 3 begins quietly sidling around Angel 4 in order to get closer to the plate of teacakes]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

Mary just checks on the babies again. Lavinia is starting to stir, so she hurriedly sticks a dummy in her mouth and makes sure the swaddling bands are secure. She hands a bottle to the Chief Stage Manager behind the curtains with a quick aside
Just stick that in the microwave for a minute, will you?
Little Jesus is still smiling sweetly. Mary picks him up and retires behind a haystack, knowing he must be hungry but too polite to ask. She leaves the card players to continue their game without her for a moment.
Come on, my sweet one, time for a feed.

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

Eyes up sheep 3, rummaging in her purse for more dye. Now, if only she comes in range...

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
How d'you think sheep three would look in a really dark red?

Deep blood red?

Fancy a nice leg of lamb for dinner as well?

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

*sniffs*

Ohhh, no. I'm vegetarian.

*pats Stable Cat with one hand, rummages in bag with the other*

Anyone want a tic-tac?

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Sheep 3 senses a lot of eyes looking at her, and suddenly becomes interested in a wisp of hay on the floor]

Baaa?

*munch*

[Sheep 3 looks innocently at Angels, etc.]

[ 19. December 2002, 22:48: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Slides around the other side, trying to sneak up behind Black Angel. Thinks to self, I'd like to see how she'd look in teal. [Snigger]

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Sheep 3 notices some hay on the opposite side of the stable and begins to move in that direction.....]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

Idly helps herself to another tea cake and watches to see the sheep trying to surround Dark Angel

I swear those dumb animals are up to something... not quite sure what. *munch*. Makes for a good show though.

--------------------

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
She hands a bottle to the Chief Stage Manager behind the curtains with a quick aside
Just stick that in the microwave for a minute, will you?

Grabs bottle and pops in microwave. Removes and tests temperature by dripping drops of liquid (whatever it is) on wrist.....

Hands back to Mary.

--------------------

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged

Nativity Play
# 3667

Sees Black Angel's open purse, and formulates a plan to steal her bottle of teal dye and spray her with it.

Then, remembers, sheep don't have opposable thumbs. Or fingers, for that matter. [Frown]

Grabs a teacake from the table and slinks back into corner, munching.

--------------------

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

Mary returns with the infant Jesus, who gurgles sweetly as she lays him in the manger. Taking the bottle from the stage manager, she picks up Lavinia and begins to feed her too.

--------------------

Stable Cat

Nativity Play
# 3657

- Posted      Profile for Stable Cat   Email Stable Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*from cozy spot in black angels lap, stable cat regards sheep balefully, with an expression clearly meaning "shove off, this laps mine"*

mmmrrrrtttt.....

--------------------
nicolemrw says "meow!"

Posts: 85 | From: the stable | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

Scoops cat up under arm and slouches over to the BVM and Lavinia. She peers closely for a moment or two before asking, Why have you got two?

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Whistles "Times, They Are A-Changing". Then whistles "Long Time Gone". Subtle hint - or coincidence?

--------------------

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

quote:
Scoops cat up under arm and slouches over to the BVM and Lavinia. She peers closely for a moment or two before asking, Why have you got two?

Good question, actually. This one is the Son of God, you know... but I'm not too sure about that one! Aren't they lovely, though? Have you brought them a present?

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

quote:
Whistles "Times, They Are A-Changing". Then whistles "Long Time Gone". Subtle hint - or coincidence?
Glances from Mary to ickle Jesus sweetly sleeping and back again. Says says loudly, over the whistling And why is he so quiet? Is he broken?

Shakes her head sadly. No. No pressies. Not even a dumb old sheep. He can borrow my second best eyeliner, though, if he likes.

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

*Waddles over to see baby Lavinia*

I think she'd look good in purple.

*Thinks that if she sould just have some of the purple sheep's wool she may make a nice layette*

--------------------

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

quote:
Originally posted by Fairy Godmother:
*Waddles over to see baby Lavinia*

I think she'd look good in purple.

*Thinks that if she sould just have some of the purple sheep's wool she may make a nice layette*

The wardrobe Mistress made a gorgeous one in dark purple and black lace. It's on the props table.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016