homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 11: Wise Men bring gifts (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 11: Wise Men bring gifts
Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

- Posted      Profile for Mother Mary   Email Mother Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mary casts a serenely surreptitious glance down at the foot of the stage and wonders whether the unexpected visitors she's expecting will actually turn up before page three. Somehow she doubts it. But then, maybe it's just as well.. there's definitely not enough teacakes to go round.

--------------------
Over 500 posts? No wonder I am exhausted. Wake me in the spring, if you please.(Smudgie)

Posts: 203 | From: Escaped back to real life at last. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

- Posted      Profile for Mother Mary   Email Mother Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thought as much! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Over 500 posts? No wonder I am exhausted. Wake me in the spring, if you please.(Smudgie)

Posts: 203 | From: Escaped back to real life at last. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Noticing that everyone seems distracted by the babies, Sheep 3 begins working her way back toward the haybale with the teacakes.]

*nibble on hay*

step, step

*nibble on hay*

step, step

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

- Posted      Profile for Fourth Angel   Email Fourth Angel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yeah. If you're going to be putting eyeliner on anyone, I'd make it Lavinia, Black Angel... really. She's got that sickly goth pallor all on her own accord too.

--------------------
From the goddess Inanna to the fourth angel from the left.

Posts: 62 | From: The Realms of Glory | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

- Posted      Profile for Black Angel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
The wardrobe Mistress made a gorgeous one in dark purple and black lace. It's on the props table.
Nips over to prop-table to retrieve the goth baby-gro.

Awwww how cute. Ickle Lavinia will look just adorable in it.

And she can have this to go with it.

Rummages in over-large purse. The skull and cross-bones motif is an unusual one for a rattle. But she's trying.

--------------------
Peronel, Black Angel and Typo Slayer extraordinaire...

Posts: 91 | From: Floating on a little black cloud | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

- Posted      Profile for Joseph   Author's homepage   Email Joseph   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mary, was that your mobile phone receiving a text message? I'm sure I heard some beeping...

[Wink]

--------------------
Joseph, the not-so-Jesuitical ex-Lad.

Posts: 177 | From: Palestine | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mother Mary:
Mary casts a serenely surreptitious glance down at the foot of the stage and wonders whether the unexpected visitors she's expecting will actually turn up before page three. Somehow she doubts it. But then, maybe it's just as well.. there's definitely not enough teacakes to go round.

(Prepares another large plate of teacakes and another pot of tea to leave on the props table in case CSM must leave to go to church prior to wise mens arrivals...) [Disappointed]

--------------------
The original bessie rosebride.

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

Smiles sweetly and serenely flicks sheep away from the teacakes using the cloth she'd kindly been loaned by the angels for mopping purposes

--------------------

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Angel:
No. No pressies. Not even a dumb old sheep. He can borrow my second best eyeliner, though, if he likes.

Dumb? Old? [Mad]

Runs over and butts Black Angel.

--------------------
I may be just a purple sheep with a funny nose, but ThatsMrJuice 2U!

Posts: 110 | From: The Sheep Shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

quote:
Originally posted by Joseph:
Mary, was that your mobile phone receiving a text message? I'm sure I heard some beeping...

[Wink]

Oh yes.... runs to answer her mobile

TXT FROM BRI

TA 4 TXT
HOPE U OK
AM IN PLAZA WIV FG
WILL TRY 2 POP IN
LUV 2 KIDS

BRIAN

Joseph, is that the call you were expecting??? [Angel]

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Sheep 3 manages to snatch a teacake while evading the BVM's snapping towel, and retreats to a safe corner]

*munch*
*gulp*

Baaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

- Posted      Profile for Joseph   Author's homepage   Email Joseph   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Frankly, dear - no.

[Paranoid]

--------------------

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

Oh no, there's another text coming in...

TXT FROM YZ MEN

SORRY
DELAY
CAMEL
PUNCTURE
HAVE SENT GIFTS
PARCEL POST
ALL THE BEST
C M B & P

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

- Posted      Profile for Black Angel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*rearranges Stable Cat to free up one arm* *Pats the purple sheep on its purple head*

Not you, silly. (Understanding sheep-bleats is a little known angel talent. Sort of like Parselmouth, but generally less exciting.}

Those boring white ones.

--------------------

Posts: 91 | From: Floating on a little black cloud | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

So was that the message you were expecting Joseph? Who are these fellows anyway?

--------------------

The Cow

Nativity Play
# 3656

- Posted      Profile for The Cow   Email The Cow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
<Lumbers on. Stage right>

Er... Moo

--------------------
Anybody ever seen a whale in a cow outfit before?

Posts: 41 | From: Stable | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Relaxes as Black Angel pats his purple head. That's more like it. Thinks maybe this Black Angel isn't so bad after all.

--------------------
I may be just a purple sheep with a funny nose, but ThatsMrJuice 2U!

Posts: 110 | From: The Sheep Shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stable Cat

Nativity Play
# 3657

- Posted      Profile for Stable Cat   Email Stable Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*stable cat draps herself comfortably around dark angels shoulders, rather like a lliving stole, and drops off to sleep purring*

puuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

--------------------
nicolemrw says "meow!"

Posts: 85 | From: the stable | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wise Man 2

Nativity Play
# 3654

- Posted      Profile for Wise Man 2   Email Wise Man 2   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
An old tour bus with some wise men deep in silent contemplation trundles along the road from Jerusalem to Bethlehem

--------------------
When I'm not creeping around stables at 2 in the morning I go by the name Alan

Posts: 67 | From: The Orient | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

- Posted      Profile for Fourth Angel   Email Fourth Angel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*frowns in puzzlement over the text message*

Delay camel puncture? But I don't think we were planning on puncturing a camel, so why would we need to delay it?

This isn't one of those new agey type things is it, where you lie down and they stick needles into you? Camelpuncture?

--------------------

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

Mary nibbles surreptitiously on a rather tasty mince pie which she has managed to pick up from somewhere. She would share if there was enough to go around, honest [Angel] . She gazes at the text message with a puzzled sigh, as confused as the angel.

Joe, any ideas? [Confused]

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

*Peers sideways at the text-message*

"HAVE SENT GIFTS" That's the important bit.

Pressies.

Who cares about stupid punctured camels, anyway?

--------------------

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Verily the roads are atrocious tonight, I know this full well.

Music, anyone?

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

Music would be good. And pass the time. Seeing as we've yet to get the cards dealt out.

How about.. hmm... Why Are We Waiting?

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

quote:
Music, anyone?
Something from Aladdin, maybe?

If it can conjure a genie out of a lamp, maybe it can get a wiseman out of Herod's palace.

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Turns to Mary.

Hmmm? Well, I thought maybe those wise guys might have something nice to say about the kids. Well, if they were wise, they would. At least about Jesus. And out of charity, they might manage something about Lavinia too.

Of course, I'm beginning to have my doubts about this alleged wisdom...

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

Mary is startled as her phone begins to ring again. She makes a mental note to change the ring tone from "We Three Kings from Orientar", seeing as they obviously aren't. Maybe Silent Night would be more appropriate

TXT FROM YZ MEN

FORGOT ADORATION
SORRY
NICE KIDS

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
Originally posted by Fourth Angel:
Music would be good. And pass the time. Seeing as we've yet to get the cards dealt out.

[Confused]

We've managed three games of Bridge and a couple of rounds of Poker! Just because you're not allowed to bet, there's no need to get stroppy.

Tell you what, how about a game of "I Spy"?

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

*pokes the phone in disappointment*

Does that mean no pressies?

--------------------

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

I spy with my little eye, something beginning with W.M.

Ooops no, sorry.... joke [Big Grin]

--------------------

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hmmmm...

'Lazy Poker Blues' by Fleetwood Mac? Or something to get them up in the aisles?

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

quote:
I spy with my little eye, something beginning with W.M.
Working Mother?

White Mice?

What's Missing?

Wise Men!

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Something lively. How about La Bamba?

I spy with my little eye something beginning with "J"...

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Sheep 3, who had dozed off in the corner, opens one eye to glare at this sudden ringing of phones, playing of music, and various loud chatter.]

Baaaa.

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

Aside

Pssst, Chief Stage Manager. Have a look on the props table and see if there are any pressies left lying about there. Some cash, some perfume for me, or even a tube of baby lotion will do. Then get into your postperson outfit and bring them in.

--------------------

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

quote:

Julio Inglesias? He would do a decent La Bamba

Hey! O laba la la bamba!

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

*slouches over to one of the ickle babies, her skirts picking up bits of hay as she goes*

Bored now.

*pulls out lipstick (black, of course) and looks speculatively down at the sweet ickle face*

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
Originally posted by Musical Director:
quote:

Julio Inglesias? He would do a decent La Bamba

Hey! O laba la la bamba!

Hate to upset you, but no. I was going with obvious ones for the time being. And I'm a bit miffed that Whiney Angel isn't playing!

--------------------

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

quote:
Originally posted by Black Angel:
*slouches over to one of the ickle babies, her skirts picking up bits of hay as she goes*

Bored now.

*pulls out lipstick (black, of course) and looks speculatively down at the sweet ickle face*

Mary glances up in horror... but realises the Angel is talking to Lavinia... Smiles sweetly at the angel... Lavinia will probably like it, and if she doesn't, the Angel will soon know about it

--------------------

Wise Man 2

Nativity Play
# 3654

- Posted      Profile for Wise Man 2   Email Wise Man 2   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
On the road to Bethlehem the Wise Man driving the tour bus has fallen asleep.

CRASH!

Ouch! That hurt (wipes blood from forehead)
Oooh, not very wise that was it .....

Wise Man 2 collapses unconscious

--------------------
When I'm not creeping around stables at 2 in the morning I go by the name Alan

Posts: 67 | From: The Orient | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

quote:
Hate to upset you, but no. I was going with obvious ones for the time being. And I'm a bit miffed that Whiney Angel isn't playing!
*looks hopeful*

Gin? (Well, it sounds close enough)

--------------------

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

Right Here Waiting, dum de dum dum...

Is anyone else a Richard Marx fan? No? Good. Me neither.

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Nope, not gin. Here's a clue.

Points at manger.

--------------------

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

*repeats, meditatively*

Gin. Mmmmmm. Isn't there are pub here somewhere?

Turns from the babies, and heads off stage somewhere, in search of alcohol.

(G'night, all)

--------------------

Phil the Wise Guy
Nativity Play
# 3678

- Posted      Profile for Phil the Wise Guy   Email Phil the Wise Guy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
FADE IN:

EXT. BETHLEHEM - CITY LIMITS - NIGHT

A battered tour bus with "LED ZEPPELIN," "WHITE SNAKE," "BARRY MANILOW" X'ed out on the sides and replaced with "YE 3 KINGZ - WORLD TOUR '0" WHEEZES to a halt at the city limits sign.

WISE MAN 2 and PHIL the WISE GUY get out.

PHIL
OK, we're here in Bethlenehm, now how da hell we saposeda to find dat stable and da kid?

--------------------
So, wheres can I get a drink in dis town? Feels so good ta can dat Kenwritez nice-guy schtick.

Posts: 68 | From: Some burg outside Jerusalem | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

quote:

I know, I know... oh Joseph, you are sweet... it's "Joinery", isn't it?

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
Originally posted by Mother Mary:
quote:

I know, I know... oh Joseph, you are sweet... it's "Joinery", isn't it?
[brick wall]

--------------------

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

Junior?

--------------------

Phil the Wise Guy
Nativity Play
# 3678

- Posted      Profile for Phil the Wise Guy   Email Phil the Wise Guy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Phil takes out his cell phone and texts to Mary.

WE R HERE
WHERE R U?

--------------------
So, wheres can I get a drink in dis town? Feels so good ta can dat Kenwritez nice-guy schtick.

Posts: 68 | From: Some burg outside Jerusalem | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fourth Angel

Nativity Play
# 3647

Hmmm. My spider-sens, er, angel-sense is telling me that those wise men are in need of some guidance.

Do you reckon that cute little purple sheep with the nose-so-bright could go and guide their bus tonight?

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016