homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 12: Other Visitors (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 12: Other Visitors
The Cow

Nativity Play
# 3656

- Posted      Profile for The Cow   Email The Cow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Riiight... I'm just going to..

stand over

here

where no one will notice me any more

<clumps across and stands in a corner behind a hay bale>

--------------------
Anybody ever seen a whale in a cow outfit before?

Posts: 41 | From: Stable | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Right now

I though you might like something for baby Jesus

*Rumages*

Here we are - took ages to find it

*Pulls out a small bracelet with 4 beads on it*

It says WWID - though I'm not sure what it means but it looks nice

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

- Posted      Profile for Mother Mary   Email Mother Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Did you get one for Lavinia too?

--------------------
Over 500 posts? No wonder I am exhausted. Wake me in the spring, if you please.(Smudgie)

Posts: 203 | From: Escaped back to real life at last. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

- Posted      Profile for Angel 1   Email Angel 1   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm off to find some mischief. I wonder whether Herod or his henchmen are around?

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Posts: 100 | From: Heaven/bethlehem/the angelic dressing room/on stage | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
She managed to get herself a lot of things - only just got her out of one store before all the alarms went off

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
WorkInProgress
Shipmate
# 3597

- Posted      Profile for WorkInProgress   Email WorkInProgress   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Cow:
Riiight... I'm just going to..

stand over

here

where no one will notice me any more

<clumps across and stands in a corner behind a hay bale>

Excuse me, Mr Cow but I'm trying to sew. If you want to sit round here, you couldn't just sit there could you? So nobody else tramples on the curtains? The alternative is a fate worse than Old Macdonald's farm [Two face] [Snigger] [Two face]

--------------------
Madkaren reckons I should quit lurking and start posting...

Posts: 349 | From: The middle of the road... | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

- Posted      Profile for Mother Mary   Email Mother Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Kettle's boiled. Who's for a cuppa? Just to pass the time, like.

--------------------
Over 500 posts? No wonder I am exhausted. Wake me in the spring, if you please.(Smudgie)

Posts: 203 | From: Escaped back to real life at last. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
WorkInProgress
Shipmate
# 3597

- Posted      Profile for WorkInProgress   Email WorkInProgress   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ooooh yes please! down here, behind the Mr Cow... But can it be a coffee, if you don't mind dear - bigger caffeine fix and all...

--------------------

Posts: 349 | From: The middle of the road... | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
Originally posted by Mother Mary:
Kettle's boiled. Who's for a cuppa? Just to pass the time, like.

Please - and in that bag you'll find some cream cakes and chocolate digestives

--------------------

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Santa Hat On]

Would the person with the 'L' plate on their back please mind getting in costume. Thanks ever so.

[Santa Hat Off]

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
WorkInProgress
Shipmate
# 3597

*suddenly realises she changed out of her costume and runs off stage*
[Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed]

--------------------

The Cow

Nativity Play
# 3656

- Posted      Profile for The Cow   Email The Cow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by WorkInProgress:
Mr Cow

Oi!!

<points at very large and obvious plastic udder>

I didn't go to all this trouble just to be called Mr. Cow. It's not very comfortable either you know!

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

Cream cake Chris?

--------------------

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

Well, the curtains are coming on a treat, thanks Babushka. Fairy Godmother, I bet you've got us some good accessories there. Someone pass the Musical Director a paint brush and this lovely tin of blue paint, we might as well make use of him as there's not much call for music at the moment.

--------------------

Chief Angel

Nativity Play
# 3706

- Posted      Profile for Chief Angel   Email Chief Angel       Edit/delete post 
*dressed as the-Chief-Angel-goes-Babushka, she slopes back on and sits in her corner, hoping nobody notices her flaming cheeks*
[Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Angel] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Angel] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed]

--------------------
WorkInProgress at her most angelic...

Posts: 42 | From: Heaven/Pantoland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Sheep 3 goes over to Chief Angel and snuggles up against her]

Baaaaa

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
Well, the curtains are coming on a treat, thanks Babushka. Fairy Godmother, I bet you've got us some good accessories there. Someone pass the Musical Director a paint brush and this lovely tin of blue paint, we might as well make use of him as there's not much call for music at the moment.

I'm sure he'll think of something

--------------------

Chief Angel

Nativity Play
# 3706

- Posted      Profile for Chief Angel   Email Chief Angel       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WorkInProgress:
Mr Cow

Oi!!

<points at very large and obvious plastic udder>

I didn't go to all this trouble just to be called Mr. Cow. It's not very comfortable either you know!

Okay, sorry, and I won't sing it. Thanks for moving, by the way [Smile]

--------------------

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

Oh Chief Angel, it's you! That Babushka costume was very convincing, but I'd have recognised that dainty stitching anywhere [Big Grin]

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

Managed to pick up a lovely mirror from the market -I'm sure one of the angels will be able to create a mosaic around the edge to give it some style

And I found some lovely lampshades that will match the rustic theme of the living room

--------------------

Chief Angel

Nativity Play
# 3706

quote:
Oh Chief Angel, it's you! That Babushka costume was very convincing, but I'd have recognised that dainty stitching anywhere [Big Grin]

Why thank-you your highness (mother of the King and all that), glad to be of service. We do anything we can to help the babes through their first few days as humans. [Smile]

But I thought the disguise would be good as you were a bit slow on visitors tonight...

--------------------

The Cow

Nativity Play
# 3656

Anyone wanting milk in their tea or cocoa had better speak up now, cos I'm going to lie down for a good long rest in a few minutes. All this cud chewing is exhausting you know.

--------------------

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

We really could do with Joseph putting up a few shelves and building a stylish brick fireplace, but I think he's nipped out to deliver the census forms. I'll just get busy with these stencils and create an original abstract design on the walls.

--------------------

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Cream cake would be lovely, as well as a decent whisky if there's one going. While I've got the iron out do you want me to do the curtains?

*hums 'When Father Papered The Parlour'*

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
Anyone wanting milk in their tea or cocoa had better speak up now, cos I'm going to lie down for a good long rest in a few minutes. All this cud chewing is exhausting you know.

I'd like milk please - and I think Lavinia is in need of some

--------------------

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

quote:

Thank you, dear Mrs Cow. Ladies, one squirt or two?

--------------------

The Cow

Nativity Play
# 3656

Ooh, that tickles!! [Killing me]

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
Originally posted by Musical Director:
Cream cake would be lovely, as well as a decent whisky if there's one going. While I've got the iron out do you want me to do the curtains?

*hums 'When Father Papered The Parlour'*

*Unfastens one of her many hip flasks*

That'll get you started

--------------------

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

quote:
Thank you, dear Mrs Cow. Ladies, one squirt or two?

Suddenly notices the Musical Director being particularly helpful with the ironing of the curtains

Oh, and gentleman!

Smiles serenely at the cow

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Sheep 3 watches the milking of the cow and wonders how they are getting milk out a plastic udder attached to a whale]

Baaa

[Sheep 3 continues to chew her cud and stare]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Chief Angel

Nativity Play
# 3706

*as the curtains, cushions and throws are all now finished, the chief angel, no longer wearing the Babushka get-up, falls asleep between the sheep and the whale*

[Snore] [Angel] [Snore]

--------------------

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

The Changing Stables team take a well earned break with cakes and a cuppa, while the cow is given a handful of hay in gratitude for her contribution. The new design is taking shape.... what a surprise for Joseph when he gets home.

--------------------

The Cow

Nativity Play
# 3656

quote:
Originally posted by Sheep 3:
[Sheep 3 watches the milking of the cow and wonders how they are getting milk out a plastic udder attached to a whale]

Wonders of modern technology Sheep 3! [Wink]

--------------------

The Cow

Nativity Play
# 3656

Chews happily on a handful of hay. Lies down and drifts off to a contented sleep.

Moo...zzzz.

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

*Puts the WWID bracelet around baby Jesus' wrist*

Right me loves I'd best be off -

Oh by the way this is for Lavinia

*Hands Mary a book*

It's called "How to win friends and inluence people" -I think she might need it one day

--------------------

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

Mary, attentive mother as ever, takes the babies from their respective sleeping places and retired behind the haystack with them. Well, they deserve a supper-break too! She returns and places the sweetly sleeping Jesus gently in the manger. She sadly has to wind Lavinia thoroughly, and deal serenely with a little projectile vomit down the back of her blue dress, before placing her gently down in the water trough which Joseph so thoughtfully drained and filled with hay earlier in the day.

This place is looking good. Great work, chaps. I need a rest, though, after all that stencilling. If anyone else comes to visit, don't let them wake the babies, will you? They can put any presents on the new shelf over there.

--------------------

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rudolph looks around the stable, at the new color scheme, then realizes he clashes with just about everything in the room. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I may be just a purple sheep with a funny nose, but ThatsMrJuice 2U!

Posts: 110 | From: The Sheep Shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

Mary settles down and drifts gently to sleep, sparing only a second's thought as to why it is taking Joseph so long to post those census forms.

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[And Sheep 3 thinks that the dark red dye threatened by Black Angel might have gone very nicely with the new color scheme.]

Baaa

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Stable Cat

Nativity Play
# 3657

- Posted      Profile for Stable Cat   Email Stable Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*stable cat looks hopefully at all this milk being squirted around*

mrrrrrttttt?????

--------------------
nicolemrw says "meow!"

Posts: 85 | From: the stable | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Finds a pile of hay, next to the cow, where no one will notice how out of sync purple is with the color of the rest of the stable, and goes to sleep.

[Snore]

--------------------
I may be just a purple sheep with a funny nose, but ThatsMrJuice 2U!

Posts: 110 | From: The Sheep Shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stable Cat

Nativity Play
# 3657

- Posted      Profile for Stable Cat   Email Stable Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*stable cat, realizing theres no one awake to give her her milk, resorts to licking out the leftover drops in the cups, then curls up next to the sheep*

puuuurrrrrrr.......

--------------------
nicolemrw says "meow!"

Posts: 85 | From: the stable | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Sheep 3, being the only one left awake, settles down to chew her cud and wait for any Other Visitors to arrive]

Baa

*chew, chew*

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Passer-by 3

Nativity Play
# 3711

- Posted      Profile for Passer-by 3   Author's homepage   Email Passer-by 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Enters stage right, rolling up measuring tape as unravelled during Scene 11. Exits stage left, continuing to roll up aforementioned measuring tape]

--------------------
(W)

Posts: 30 | From: The Wings | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Sheep 3 watches the strange human rolling up some odd metal thing.]

Baaaaaaaaaaa?

[Ignored, Sheep 3 continues chewing her cud.]

*chew, chew*

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Chief Wise Man

Nativity Play
# 3674

- Posted      Profile for Chief Wise Man   Author's homepage   Email Chief Wise Man   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[still in fits of giggles over Cow coming in as Whale

Because I can't sing this with my own children this year, I'll stand off-stage right and softly sing it to Baby Jesus with imagined acoustic guitar accompaniment]

Pastores a Belen
Vamos con allegria
Que a nacido ya
El Hijo de Maria

Allí! Allí! Nos espera Jesús!
Allí! Allí! nos espera Jesús!
Ya vuemos pues turrones y miel
Para ofrecerle Al Niño Manuel

Vamos, vamos; vamos y ver!
Vamos y ver al recien nacido!
Vamos y ver Al Niño Manuel.

O Niño Celestial
Bendice al los pastores
Que corren al portal
Cantando tus loores.

Allí! Allí! Nos espera Jesús!
Allí! Allí! nos espera Jesús!
Ya vuemos pues turrones y miel
Para ofrecerle Al Niño Manuel.

Vamos, vamos; vamos y ver!
Vamos y ver al recien nacido!
Vamos y ver Al Niño Manuel.

[the guitar fades sweetly into the night]

Shepherds to Bethlehem
Let us go with joy
To the already born infant
The son of Mary

Chorus:

There, there! Jesus waits for us!
(repeat)
Let us take turrones (spanish candy) and honey
To offer to the baby boy Emmanuel.

Let's go! Let's go! Let's go and see!
Let's go and see the recently born one;
Let's go and see the Baby Boy Emmanuel.

Oh Heavenly Baby Boy
Bless the shepherds
That come to the door
Singing your praises.

(repeat chorus)

--------------------
incurablyGeeking westwardly; avatar following yonder star.

Posts: 87 | From: East of Yerushalayem; Ur mebbe... | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[tip toes quietly to the aforementioned shelf designated for reception of presents from Other Visitors and leaves:]

For Baby Jesus:
A rather large stuffed Eeyore; not blue, [Wink] but grey; with an unbuttonable tail.
A video copy of "The Bible: The Complete Word of God (Abridged)" performed by the Reduced Shakespeare Company.

For Lavinia:
A real Tasmanian Devil to be her pet. [Cool]
A video copy of "The Reduced Shakespeare Company; The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged)"

--------------------
The original bessie rosebride.

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

- Posted      Profile for Joseph   Author's homepage   Email Joseph   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Walks through door of stable, looking mightily refreshed.

Posted the census forms, Mary!

Looks around.

Like what you've done, ladies!

However, it's clear that we need to get some furniture in here too. Let's see... a nice stack of shelves ought to do the trick. And then maybe a wardrobe for my dear wife to keep her charming garments in...

There is much sawing, filing, sanding and hammering.

A-ha! All done.

What do you people think? Should I give them a quick lick of paint? Maybe some blue would be nice. It does seem to be the colour of the moment.

Liberally splashes blue paint all over his new creations.

Well, it's all in a day's work for Joseph Carpenter. And now I'm going back to sleep...

[Snore]

--------------------
Joseph, the not-so-Jesuitical ex-Lad.

Posts: 177 | From: Palestine | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Sheep 3 notices that the Eeyore is grey, not blue, and gazes at it adoringly.]

Baaaaaa.

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

- Posted      Profile for Donkey   Email Donkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(goes over to the Eeyore)
Hay, Cous!! Watchin' doin' here? Come to adore the new born king? Well, let me tell, you, he's somethin' else! Hay, aren't you,.... What is this? It's fake! This ain't my cous! It's stuffed! Well, some can be real, some can be imitation. I am always the real thing! Hay, what a great idea! Be back in just a bit, I think I saw a toy store with a Donkey in the window! Just the thing for Jesus to have! Here, we'll just let Lavinia have this old Eeyore here....
(Donkey puts the Eeyore in Lavinia's crib. It almost makes her seem, like, normal!)

--------------------
Little Beast of Burden....ha!
aka Lady A

Posts: 74 | From: 4WD The Swamp | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016