homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 14: Flight to Egypt and Grand Finale (Page 7)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 14: Flight to Egypt and Grand Finale
Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

- Posted      Profile for Mother Mary   Email Mother Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And besides... he's got his buzzsaw. He's more than a match for any evil henchmen, any day.

--------------------
Over 500 posts? No wonder I am exhausted. Wake me in the spring, if you please.(Smudgie)

Posts: 203 | From: Escaped back to real life at last. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pontius Pilot

Nativity Play
# 3700

- Posted      Profile for Pontius Pilot   Email Pontius Pilot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Pretty damn good, actually, Miss... er... Angel?

--------------------
aka simon

Evil Henchman

Nativity Play
# 3705

- Posted      Profile for Evil Henchman   Email Evil Henchman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding up small child

Hmmm... I can see great potential for you!

Picks up the baby and puts her in the side-car

--------------------
I've left my toasting fork with my alternate personality Sarkycow.

Posts: 118 | From: The Guardhouse | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*Snuggles up close to shepherd*

You know you and I could make a great team [Love] - just think of the great romantic partnerships:

Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor
Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston
Kermit and Miss Piggy..... [Yipee] [Love]

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pontius Pilot

Nativity Play
# 3700

- Posted      Profile for Pontius Pilot   Email Pontius Pilot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Pushes lever-thingies forward and jet leaps forth down the runway...

--------------------
aka simon

Pontius Pilot

Nativity Play
# 3700

... and soars into the sky over Bethlehem.

--------------------
aka simon

Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

- Posted      Profile for Black Angel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Turns a fetching shade of pale. The green tinge suggests that for once it might not be the make-up...

Ooohhhhh. I so much prefer flying myself.

Wraps her wings around her miserably.

--------------------
Peronel, Black Angel and Typo Slayer extraordinaire...

Posts: 91 | From: Floating on a little black cloud | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

- Posted      Profile for Mother Mary   Email Mother Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mary clutches the baby closely to her, pondering their narrow escape. She feels safe and warm, and somehow confident that all will be well for Joseph and Lavinia. Her eyes begin slowly and serenely to close

--------------------
Over 500 posts? No wonder I am exhausted. Wake me in the spring, if you please.(Smudgie)

Posts: 203 | From: Escaped back to real life at last. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Herod

Nativity Play
# 3649

- Posted      Profile for Herod   Author's homepage   Email Herod   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
<Back in the palace>

Cough, splutter

God... is this blood I'm coughing up?

I really feel quite rough here.

Hack, hack

My head...

--------------------
#I'm Herod the Great, I am, I am.#

Stoo

Posts: 159 | From: Palestine | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

- Posted      Profile for A very naughty boy   Author's homepage   Email A very naughty boy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*Convenient of Fairy G and the shepherd to sit in the private area!*

Pulls curtain around their area of the cabin

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Posts: 92 | From: Somewhere else | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Deputy Chief Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3698

- Posted      Profile for Deputy Chief Shepherd   Email Deputy Chief Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Fairy Godmother:
Kermit and Miss Piggy.....

Do I look like a small green frog! I'm a ferret, stupid!

Presses call button

Errr, are there any spare seats at the back? [Help]

--------------------
Yes, I'm a madferret. And that's my own teatowel.

Posts: 115 | From: seated on the ground | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pontius Pilot

Nativity Play
# 3700

Adopting smoothest, suavest voice for the traditional cabin announcement...

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome on board Flight 666. Unfortunately I've just received word from air traffic control at Cairo that the airport has closed early for Christmas. I'm sorry to say that we have been diverted to our original destination of Ibiza, the world's clubbing destination of choice. Brian Air will of course accommodate you in one of its luxury hotels on the island while we transfer you back to Cairo. We'll be cruising this evening at a height of 20,000 cubits. The weather in Ibizia is pleasantly warm at 88 degrees fahrenheit, with a gentle south-westerly wind. I'll now leave you in the capable hands [voice falters] of Miss Besom, your flight attendant. We know you have a choice, so thank you for flying with Brian Air.

--------------------
aka simon

Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

Mary slips off her blue shoes and settles comfortably.... [Snore]

--------------------

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

- Posted      Profile for A very naughty boy   Author's homepage   Email A very naughty boy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ibiza, splendid. Some time on the beach on the way to Cairo. Just as well Mary has kept her figure!

Sits down next to Mary, leans on her shoulder, and falls into a silent, peaceful sleep

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Posts: 92 | From: Somewhere else | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Angel

Nativity Play
# 3676

- Posted      Profile for Black Angel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Slackens off her corset lacings. It doesn't seem to help.

Ohhhh my. I think I'm going to be...

Rummages frantically in seat-back for the customary paper bag.

--------------------
Peronel, Black Angel and Typo Slayer extraordinaire...

Posts: 91 | From: Floating on a little black cloud | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mother Mary

Nativity Play
# 3799

Mary opens one eye, smiles serenely, and goes back to sleep [Snore]

--------------------

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Deputy Chief Shepherd:
Do I look like a small green frog! I'm a ferret, stupid!

Just remember I could turn you into one at any time sweetie [Wink]

But right now I think you'll be my perfect prince [Love]

Kissy wissy

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Evil Henchman

Nativity Play
# 3705

- Posted      Profile for Evil Henchman   Email Evil Henchman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As she drives back to Herod's palace, the Henchman hands her knife to the baby to play with.

You know, you've awoken these strange feelings within me. My friends used to talk about this back in school. While I was out behind the bikesheds, kneecapping teachers, they'd be talking about boyfriends and babies.

I think I...

Oh, My God!

I think I've become broody!

What's your name, then baby?

--------------------

Evil Henchman

Nativity Play
# 3705

No answer?

I think I'll call you...

Hmmm...

Baby Henchman?

No.

Henchtoddler?

No.

Oh, I know.

I'll call you Magdelene!

--------------------

Herod

Nativity Play
# 3649

- Posted      Profile for Herod   Author's homepage   Email Herod   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This is not good at all...

I really feel quite ill.

Perhaps some sleep will help me feel better.

<vomits violently>

Ugh...

I'm sure that shouldn't be red...

--------------------
#I'm Herod the Great, I am, I am.#

Stoo

Posts: 159 | From: Palestine | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Deputy Chief Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3698

- Posted      Profile for Deputy Chief Shepherd   Email Deputy Chief Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Deputy Chief Shepherd:
Errr, are there any spare seats at the back? [Help]

What do you mean, No!

quote:
Originally posted by Fairy Godmother:
right now I think you'll be my perfect prince [Love]

Grimaces

Well, nobody's perfect!

Relaxes in FG's arms as plane flies off into the sunset...

--------------------
Yes, I'm a madferret. And that's my own teatowel.

Posts: 115 | From: seated on the ground | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pontius Pilot

Nativity Play
# 3700

They clear Province of Judea airspace. The autopilate kicks in. As the dark sea slips away far below, Capt. P. leans back in his seat and...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

--------------------
aka simon

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
'Come fly with me, come fly lets fly away...'

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Passer-by 3

Nativity Play
# 3711

- Posted      Profile for Passer-by 3   Author's homepage   Email Passer-by 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Enters left pushing trolley full of airline meals, one of those inflight air-hostess ones. Exits right, continuing to push aforementioned trolley]

--------------------
(W)

Posts: 30 | From: The Wings | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chief Wise Man

Nativity Play
# 3674

- Posted      Profile for Chief Wise Man   Author's homepage   Email Chief Wise Man   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Fade-in flashback to bus. CWM, WM2, Phil and Wise Guy are standing in Circle of Power (TM). A faint light is glowing in the midst. They raise their hands as a keening, sound swells in crescendo]

Herod's such a nasty guy
Herod needs to slowly die
So we're hexing him, this we see
He's gonna die from STD's

Fade transition to Herod in physical distress, a perplexed and terrified expression on his face as he's just had a hallucination

--------------------
incurablyGeeking westwardly; avatar following yonder star.

Posts: 87 | From: East of Yerushalayem; Ur mebbe... | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Sheep 3 wanders on stage, carrying two of the jingle bells (the E5 and F5) and wonders where everyone is]

Baaaaa.

*jingle, jingle*

[Settles down to chew her cud and wait for something to happen]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Sheep 3 plays with her jingle-bells, just to relieve the boredom.]

*jingle*

*jingle, jingle*

[And if a little sheep brain is bored, you know it's truly boring.]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Sheep 3 noses about the set, hoping to find some remains of teacakes, Pringles, or eggnog.]

*sniff*

*jingle*

Baaa.

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

- Posted      Profile for Joseph   Author's homepage   Email Joseph   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In Bethlehem, meanwhile, Joseph has just returned to the stable.

Looks like Mary's gone. Well, at least she took the brat as well as Jesus. Half expected her to dump that nasty little Lavinia on me.

What's this? A note on the table? Let's see:

"DEAR JOSEPH,

HAVE GONE AHEAD, AS PER PLAN. GOT EVERYTHING, BAGS AND CARD INCLUDED. YOUR CARD.

LOTS OF SERENE LOVE,

YOUR DEAR BVM"

"Card"? I wonder what she could mean by...

[Eek!]

My AMERICAN EXPRESS!

Joseph sprints from the stable to the airport. Buys concorde ticket to Cairo.

My dear wife will be so pleased with me for sparing no expense in insuring that I'll be at her side soon. And I will be so pleased when I have that credit card safely back in my wallet.

Joseph is soon reclining in a luxurious concorde seat, dreaming of pyramids. And blissfully unaware that his wife is on her way to Ibiza.

With another man.

--------------------
Joseph, the not-so-Jesuitical ex-Lad.

Posts: 177 | From: Palestine | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Joseph is also amazingly unaware that Sheep 3 has gone along on this trip as part of his luggage.]

Baaaaa.

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

- Posted      Profile for Joseph   Author's homepage   Email Joseph   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Has vivid dreams of stinky wool. Wakes.

Stewardess, some Pringles please.

Receives Pringles.

Mmmm, tasty. *crunch*crunch*crunch*

Goes back to sleep,
unaware of the sheep.

--------------------
Joseph, the not-so-Jesuitical ex-Lad.

Posts: 177 | From: Palestine | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Sheep 3 eases out of the under-seat carry-on space and eats the Pringles which spilled when Joseph fell asleep.]

*munch, munch*

baa

--------------------
jlg the sheep

bee_of_good_cheer

Nativity Play
# 3672

- Posted      Profile for bee_of_good_cheer   Email bee_of_good_cheer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Herod:
<Back in the palace>

Cough, splutter

God... is this blood I'm coughing up?

I really feel quite rough here.

Hack, hack

My head...

stands waiting outside the palace with a pitchfork and wheelbarrow, waiting for nature to take it's course. thinks of all the lovely humus this lot will make. [Big Grin]

passes the time singing a pete seeger ditty:

"Worms, water, sun, will have their way,
Returning me to common clay
All that I am will feed the trees
And little fishies in the seas.
When radishes and corn you munch,
You may be having me for lunch
And then excrete me with a grin..."
(*words by lee hays)

--------------------
how many angels can dance on the head of a pin? (ponders zephirine of the roses)

Posts: 39 | From: earth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Sheep 3 notices that the seat next to Joseph is empty, and looks much more comfortable than the underseat carry-on space.]

Baaaaaaaaa.

*snuggle*

*jingle*

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Wise Guy
Nativity Play
# 3707

- Posted      Profile for Wise Guy   Email Wise Guy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Pops out stage left, displayng jazz hands)
Any trouble I can cause?

--------------------
KELLY ALVES makes a flip remark and ends up in a play. Hi, Mom!

Posts: 205 | From: Second star to the right | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wise Guy
Nativity Play
# 3707

- Posted      Profile for Wise Guy   Email Wise Guy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(checks armpits, Exits stage left)

--------------------

Posts: 205 | From: Second star to the right | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[As Sheep 3 drowses in the cushy comfort of the Concorde seat, she wonders if perhaps that nice angel with the eggnog will show up again.]

Baaa

*lick lips*

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

- Posted      Profile for Angel 6     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Angel 6 hears the cry of Sheep 3, materializes on Concorde bearing buckets o' eggnog.

Here you go, Sheep 3, old buddy. Drink up!

[ 23. December 2002, 10:59: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------
Rossweisse // The few, the proud, the angelic

Posts: 133 | From: Heavenly Host clubroom | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

- Posted      Profile for Angel 6     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As Joe is passed out, Angel 6 has a nice natter with Sheep 3.

Well, Sheepie-baa, the Play is winding down to an end here (do you think we'll make it to eight pages again?), and soon we'll all go our separate ways.

I've been thinking -- you are a sheep of uncommon valor. (Nice work there with the Evil Henchperson!) It occurred to me that, perhaps, instead of going back to the hillside with all those silly gits in teatowels, you might instead like to sign on with the Heavenly Host. We could use a brave and woolly mascot like yourself. And you'd get unlimited eggnog.

What d'you think?

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Sheep 3 greedily begins drinking the eggnog, but abruptly stops and looks at Angel 6 accusingly]

Baa?

[ 23. December 2002, 11:00: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

quote:
Originally posted by Sheep 3:
Sheep 3 greedily begins drinking the eggnog, but abruptly stops and looks at Angel 6 accusingly]

Baa?

I beg your pardon? It DOES have double rum in it.

And I'm sure that you could obtain still more from the flight attendant. The Concorde is, after all, entirely First Class.

--------------------

Wise Guy
Nativity Play
# 3707

Isn't the cast gonna assemble and sing, "Consider Yourself" or something?

--------------------

Wise Guy
Nativity Play
# 3707

or how's this...Chitty-Chitty Tour Bus pulls up alongside Concorde to the tune of the Who's "Magic Bus"

--------------------

Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

I'm waiting for the rest of the Heavenly Host to show up so we can do our prize-winning medley of Christmas carols (as arranged by David Willcocks, of course -- the HH is not only Anglican in its liturgical and musical outlook, but as traditional as all get-out).

Pours Sheep 3 another bucket of high-test eggnog.

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Reassured by Angel 6, Sheep 3 happily drinks the eggnog.]

*lap, lap, sluuurrrrrrrrrp!*

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

Where IS the Heavenly Host? Am I going to have to go harrow the Cafe again?

[Angel] [Mad] [Angel] [Mad] [Angel]

--------------------

Angel 6

Nativity Play
# 3709

So, Sheep 3, howzabout it? You want to be our mascot?

I should also mention that you'll get to wear a way cool mascot blanket with the Heavenly Host crest on it. And the accommodations are totally awesome.

[Angel] [Big Grin] [Angel] [Big Grin] [Angel]

--------------------

Wise Guy
Nativity Play
# 3707

just tried. nobody home [Frown]

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Fortified by the eggnog, Sheep 3 attempts to sing]

Ba BAAAAH Ba Bah BAAH Bah....

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Wise Guy
Nativity Play
# 3707

(giggle)

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016