homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  New poll  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » The Awards Ceremony (part 2): The Ivan Camenbert Award for Most Cheeseworthy Moment

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: The Awards Ceremony (part 2): The Ivan Camenbert Award for Most Cheeseworthy Moment
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know what a cheeseworthy moment is - characters late entry into a scene, most innapropriate comment, worst plot derailment. See what you can come up with...

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh my. How many of these are you planning to hand out? The possibilities are endless.

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh,I'm a shoe-in for this one! [Big Grin]

Sheep, extra phones, wrong directions, Chitty Chitty, take your pick!

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
ChrisT

One of the Good Guys™
# 62

- Posted      Profile for ChrisT   Author's homepage   Email ChrisT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, for me has to be the multiple times we started a scene with none of the required characters on stage. Like Gabriel turning up 26 hours late to the Annunciation!

Thanks to Miffy for this suggestion. All hail Mrs Director!

--------------------
Firmly on dry land

Posts: 6489 | From: Here, there and everywhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
MrSponge2U

Ship’s scrub
# 3076

- Posted      Profile for MrSponge2U   Author's homepage   Email MrSponge2U   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can see how this thread could last 10 pages. [Big Grin]

But, out of all the outrageous plot deviations, the one that takes the cake has to be Phil dancing naked on that tour bus. [Eek!] [Ultra confused] [Eek!]

--------------------
sig? what sig?

Posts: 3558 | From: where two big rivers meet | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Thumbprint
Shipmate
# 3056

- Posted      Profile for Thumbprint   Email Thumbprint   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Phil the wise guy dances away with this one. [Eek!]
Posts: 172 | From: In the Pool | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thumbprint:

Oh most definitely! Though the annunciation without Gabriel comes a close second for me.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chapelhead*

Ship’s Photographer
# 1143

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cheesy, but also a brilliant idea and a great plot twist ...

In the last scene when the Evil Henchman is about to kill Lavinia when (s)he see the baby's potential, gets broody and decides to let her live, re-naming her Magdalene.

A quite wonderful denouement for that part of the play.

--------------------
Benedikt Gott Geschickt!

Posts: 7082 | From: Turbolift Control. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Respectfully, but Phil dancing nekkid on the bus top proferring his buttocks for veneration to the film critic is one of the highlights of the play. It adds to authenticity by conveying something of the carnal excesses of Old Rome.

The image of indolent, sensual, yoni/lingam-centric swaying will not leave my mind - especially as I've substituted someone far more satisfying for Phil the Wise Guy.

I am reminded of something I read in Kraft-Ebbing - being the practice of the womenfolk of a European principality to go to the front line before a battle, and then to bend over and slap their naked buttocks in the direction of the enemy. He notes, sadly, that this custom died out as they kept getting shot down.

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not only dod some of the scenes take place without the central characters ot them turning up rather late - I loved the way in which some scenes continued on and on and on to beat page records with only a few of the cast taking part.

But the wise man's tour bus turning into Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was hilarious - as was Phil#s naked dancing. Beggars belief [Snigger]

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thumbprint:

Hmmmm, should I be flattered by this or not? [Confused]

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

My blog: http://oxygenofgrace.blogspot.com

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm with Chapelhead on this one...

The point where the Evil Henchman gets broody over Cyril/Lavinia is pure cheese.

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Sheep 3 dimly understands and nods her agreement]

Baaaaaaa.

[Sheep 3 attempts to glower like Evil Henchman as evidence of her agreement, but being a sheep only manages a look of rather stupid animosity.]

baa-aa---aaaaa

[Then again, perhaps it is a pretty good facsimile of the Evil Henchman's look while feeling broody over Lavinia the Evil Twin.]

Baa

*sheep plop*

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  New poll  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016