homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  New poll  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » The Award Ceremony (part 3): Best Quote Award

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: The Award Ceremony (part 3): Best Quote Award
ChrisT

One of the Good Guys™
# 62

- Posted      Profile for ChrisT   Author's homepage   Email ChrisT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In order to preserve the wondrous spectacle that has been the Nativity Play, we here at Nativity Central would like to propose an award for the best quote of the entire play.

This can be a single line, or an entire post. Please put your nominations here. One other thing to not is that on the 12th night (Sunday 6th January) the Nativity Board will be closing, so get your nominations in quick!

Please quote the quote (?) and a simple reason why you think it should be nominated.

--------------------
Firmly on dry land

Posts: 6489 | From: Here, there and everywhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You're giving me an excuse to stop work, go back and reread the whole darn play, just to nominate a "Best quote"?

Woo-hoo... [Yipee] or should that be [Help]

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I loved Joseph's line, "Anyway, if I'm getting your drift, you want to get hitched? The thought's been on my mind every moment I've spent without you. Lucky for us, I saw a 24-Hr Rent-A-Rabbi on the way here." in scene 8, which definitely had me laughing out loud and almost unable to follow it! Brilliant!

Similarly, Lavinia's kick to the bladder had me almost wetting myself! [Wink] (Can't find that one to quote it directly without spending hours looking, and you know I'm not addicted)

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joan Rasch
Shipmate
# 49

- Posted      Profile for Joan Rasch   Email Joan Rasch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
<snip>Similarly, Lavinia's kick to the bladder had me almost wetting myself! [Wink] (Can't find that one to quote it directly without spending hours looking, and you know I'm not addicted)

It's not the orginal post, but try Well, that was... special thread.

Joan [former Equity Deputy] Rasch

--------------------
* A cyclist on the information bikepath

Posts: 509 | From: Boston, MA USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Chief, you wanna get wide with me and do the Cotton Eyed Joe with Wise Guy and Sheep 3 on the roof of the bus? We don't hafta get nekkid unless you wanna."

Phil the Wise Guy, ,Wise Men go home by a different route.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This was truly fabulous...

quote:
O Mary, how the sun shines bright
Upon your crisp white veil.
It's sunny now for March all right
We were expecting Hail.
- Dragon

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As was this..

quote:
posted by Jesus' Evil Twin (Erin)
Okay what moron ordered the spam? I don't want it here, so back up it goes!

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Joan Rasch
Shipmate
# 49

- Posted      Profile for Joan Rasch   Email Joan Rasch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not exactly a quote - but I enjoyed learning about the Skoda which is described as "... the car for those whose aim is to enjoy life without losing their sense of responsibility ...."

Well, it sort of describes life on the Ship...

--------------------
* A cyclist on the information bikepath

Posts: 509 | From: Boston, MA USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  New poll  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016