homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Hell   » Bloody Brexiteers (Page 11)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  27  28  29 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Bloody Brexiteers
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Macrina:
Are these people actually completely fucking insane?

Time to grieve for my country I think.

Fear sells. This should be a wake up for the US, Trump fits the same mold.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm seriously hoping that the negotiations breakdown completely and the exit has to be abandoned.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
I'm seriously hoping that the negotiations breakdown completely and the exit has to be abandoned.

How is that going to work, though? How can negotiations "break down" preventing an exit?

I'd like to believe massive street protests might force the MPs to refuse to ratify the referendum, but the reality is that whichever scenario you look at, the result is the same.

If the UK doesn't quickly set in motion the process to leave the EU then there are going to be riots.

--------------------
arse

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

This would be better than the alternative, but still will cause strife.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't even begin to process this.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mr cheesy:
quote:

How is that going to work, though? How can negotiations "break down" preventing an exit?

I'd like to believe massive street protests might force the MPs to refuse to ratify the referendum, but the reality is that whichever scenario you look at, the result is the same.

If the UK doesn't quickly set in motion the process to leave the EU then there are going to be riots.

Setting wheels in motion are one thing but the Leave campaigners have always stressed the need for continued trade treaties such as EEA or EFTA. If we don't get terms for that, we're shafted and if we do then we still won't get many of the purported benefits of leaving the EU.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Setting wheels in motion are one thing but the Leave campaigners have always stressed the need for continued trade treaties such as EEA or EFTA. If we don't get terms for that, we're shafted and if we do then we still won't get many of the purported benefits of leaving the EU.

For sure, but there is little chance of "negotiations breaking down" which means that we don't now leave the EU. That would be absurd.

--------------------
arse

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Leave guys will be partying. They have been very active campaigning where they have. And both areas I was thinking of were voted nearly 70% leave, 30% remain.

I wonder how it is going to affect our staff members who are EU citizens ...

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So, are more than half of the UK voters morons who believe that money can be spent multiple times over on different things, or are they xenophobic arseholes, who believe in the myth of Schroedinger's immigrant?

I suspect we will never know.

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My hopes were ill founded and it looks as though traditional Labour areas voted in the main to Leave. I'm very sad and more than a little worried about this collective and resentful shooting of the U.K. in the foot - as Thunderbunk put it in Purgatory.

A Hellish result with massive political and economic consequence.

[ 24. June 2016, 05:27: Message edited by: Barnabas62 ]

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How utterly fucking ghastly.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Bloody Brexiters have stolen my country from me.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I came on here to express my dismay that the Little Englanders have won, and to note that the Leave campaigners are headed by leaders who are thicker than pigshit. The results make Donald Trump's vitriol look almost sane.

So Ireland reunites, and Scotland leaves the Union and England and Wales remain alone and increasingly insignificant.

YMM, of course, V.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Pete:

So Ireland reunites, and Scotland leaves the Union and England and Wales remain alone and increasingly insignificant.

Ireland is not going to unite. That's a very silly thing to say: there are hardline unionists who will never ever ever join the ROI.

Clearly there is now going to be horrendous instability in NI, but the chances of joining the Republic any time soon are zero.

--------------------
arse

anne
Shipmate
# 73

- Posted      Profile for anne   Email anne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perhaps even more appalling than the news this morning is the thought of what our politicians may have learned from the campaign.

If they have been paying attention, they will have learned that blaming 'them', encouraging hatred of refugees, economic migrants and foreigners generally, lying consistently about easily checked facts and promising things that you have no ability (let alone intention) to deliver, all these things win elections.

I am not saying that everyone who voted Leave agreed with this stance, but from the campaigners' point of view, it worked.

Whenever it happens, I'm afraid that the next General Election will be conducted by people who have learned these lessons and will be viler and still more hate-fuelled even than this campaign.

I could weep for the UK today.

anne

--------------------
‘I would have given the Church my head, my hand, my heart. She would not have them. She did not know what to do with them. She told me to go back and do crochet' Florence Nightingale

Posts: 338 | From: Devon | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:

I'm clutching my French passport with both hands, and wondering what lasting damage they may have done to Europe.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:

Exactly. I feel like I am in a strange land.

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
{{{{Everyone of the UK}}}}
[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, no. So sorry, you all. [Frown]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The people have spoken.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Farage: "even the weather's improved". (He also seems to think it's an "election"...)

[ 24. June 2016, 06:26: Message edited by: Eutychus ]

--------------------

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The people have spoken. But, they have spoken the way they have in part because they were persuaded by a bunch of liars, charlatans and bigots. (though there were liars and charlatans on the other side as well)

--------------------

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alwyn
Shipmate
# 4380

- Posted      Profile for Alwyn     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As Dr Sam Beckett used to say (in Quantum Leap), oh boy.

--------------------
Post hoc, ergo propter hoc

Posts: 849 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I offer up all the swearwords in my vocabulary to the service of my Britmates. Jesus, how fucked up.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Martin60:
The people have spoken.

Martin, the full quote is: 'The people have spoken. The bastards.'
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

I've been told I'm over-reacting about this, but I'm slipping into some form of manic dream where all of my worst nightmares are happening.

Farage just said that the promise - y'know that one where Leave said that Brexit would leave £xmillion for the NHS - well, actually that wasn't strictly accurate and y'know maybe there won't be any more money for the NHS after all.

And SURPRISE, how about a NEW PUBLIC HOLIDAY!?!

I've also heard that now the country has to come together to find consensus. How exactly does one find consensus on an issue when nearly 48% of voters believe in the diametrically opposite of the rest? What the fuck does that even mean?

Meanwhile faced with a plunging sterling, one UKIP MEP was asked this morning how he could be so chipper when the indications from the market were that this was going to be another Black Friday.

"Oh," he said (I'm paraphrasing slightly), "I don't give a shit because I'm paid in Euro."

That there is the problem. These idiots are only interested in themselves. The fucking plutocrats have found their dupes. Take to the streets.

[ 24. June 2016, 06:46: Message edited by: mr cheesy ]

--------------------
arse

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Soddit, soddit, soddit.

3.8% of the electorate who can't be bothered to turn out for elections otherwise turn out and bugger up everything for the rest of us.

Cameron resigning.

Boris in??????

I keep thinking of Kipling - 'If England was as England seems, and not the England of our dreams, How quick we'd leave her, but she ain't." And he was clearly wrong.

I can't, anyway, because of my pension. And my now reduced lump sum.

Soddit, soddit, soddit. Nastiness wins. And almost half of us dragged down with it.

Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

- Posted      Profile for Nightlamp   Email Nightlamp   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
we have just had a collective Brain Fart.

--------------------
I don't know what you are talking about so it couldn't have been that important- Nightlamp

Posts: 8442 | From: Midlands | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

quote:
Originally posted by Penny S:
Cameron resigning.

Boris in??????

I can't believe I'm about to say this. But, I'd prefer Gove.

I feel all unclean for having typed that.

--------------------

Joesaphat
Shipmate
# 18493

- Posted      Profile for Joesaphat   Email Joesaphat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
How utterly fucking ghastly.

I'll second that.

--------------------
Opening my mouth and removing all doubt, online.

Posts: 418 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If we have to have a new Tory PM, let it be Ruth Davison. But she isn't even an MP.

Heaven help us if it's Mr. B. Johnson.

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fuck.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

(never has the sign off message "please wash your hands" felt so... apt)

[ 24. June 2016, 08:04: Message edited by: kingsfold ]

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, congratulations to the most dishonest and xenophobic UK political campaign that I remember.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Baptist Trainfan:
If we have to have a new Tory PM, let it be Ruth Davison. But she isn't even an MP.

Heaven help us if it's Mr. B. Johnson.

She has said there is no chance that she will go to Westminster. She is popular here partly because she has distanced herself from the main Westminster party. In the General Election all the Tory leaflets had "Ruth Davidson" in large letters and "Conservatives" in small letters, tucked away somewhere unobtrusive.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Plus, Ruth Davidson campaigned for "Remain" which must rule her out as PM in the immediate future.
fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

- Posted      Profile for fletcher christian   Email fletcher christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The only words that went rattling through my head this morning were 'fuck me'.

Welcome to 1920's Germany.

--------------------
'God is love insaturable, love impossible to describe'
Staretz Silouan

Posts: 5235 | From: a prefecture | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
BUGGER. Or as I suppose I shall be saying from now on, merde. French passport, here I come.

(Actually for practical reasons, I shan’t apply immediately – much easier to wait until I become eligible on grounds of marriage. But in a couple of years from now, I am definitely going to become a proud citizen of la République. I’m so pissed off at the minute I even feel like abjuring my British nationality because this morning I am frankly quite ashamed of my country.)

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

On the other hand, the value of having both passports has just gone up dramatically.

--------------------

Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

- Posted      Profile for Zacchaeus   Email Zacchaeus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by la vie en rouge:
BUGGER.

The first words out of my mouth this morning too..
Posts: 1905 | From: the back of beyond | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
BUGGER. Or as I suppose I shall be saying from now on, merde. French passport, here I come.

(Actually for practical reasons, I shan’t apply immediately – much easier to wait until I become eligible on grounds of marriage. But in a couple of years from now, I am definitely going to become a proud citizen of la République. I’m so pissed off at the minute I even feel like abjuring my British nationality because this morning I am frankly quite ashamed of my country.)

Well you and I are exactly the kind of Europhile many in the UK would happily say good riddance to.

And now the Brexiteers have encouraged the Netherlands' own charming xenophobe, Geert Wilders, to call for a Nexit referendum.

Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

quote:
Originally posted by Zacchaeus:
quote:
BUGGER.

The first words out of my mouth this morning too..
Much politer than the reaction of the North East household.
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well done British Electorate. You had one job to do. One. Just one. Tell Farage and his rag-tag of xenophobes, rich-boy cronies and swivel-eyed loons to fuck off.

And you buggered it up.

This is why we can't have nice things.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Overused]

For the first time ever, I have found myself wanting a "like" button.

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Democracy! Love it...

[Smile]

Aww, you;re all sad. Never mind.

--------------------
"The moral high ground is slowly being bombed to oblivion. " - Supermatelot

Posts: 2118 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

If you embody the face of democracy it's not much wonder we're sad.

--------------------

deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eutychus:

Democracy is ugly if you are on the LOOSING side.

I'm not. You are.

--------------------
"The moral high ground is slowly being bombed to oblivion. " - Supermatelot

Posts: 2118 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

We're all on the losing side.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by deano:
quote:

I'm not. You are.

If you and your gullible, xenophobic, stupid and avaricious pals can pay for the difference between Britain in and Britain out, you're welcome. If we don't get a damn good deal through EFTA or EEA, trade will be fucked thanks to import and export tariffs. It'll make the EU contribution look like pocket change.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

hilaryg
Shipmate
# 11690

- Posted      Profile for hilaryg   Email hilaryg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So Brexiters, when the immigration and terrorism doesn't stop, and when the industry and jobs don't come back, and the schools and hospitals are still over-streched - who are you going to blame then?
Posts: 261 | From: back home in England | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by deano:
quote:

I'm not. You are.

Typical little Englander. Bangs on about forners and can't fucking spell his own language.

It's "LOSING", you loser. Now go and play on the A617.

[ 24. June 2016, 10:13: Message edited by: Karl: Liberal Backslider ]

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  27  28  29 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016