homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Hell   » Bloody Brexiteers (Page 29)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Bloody Brexiteers
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have observed a number of wood pigeons accessing food in my garden and working around the barriers I have installed to try and keep the food for smaller birds, and on their behalf I would like to emphasis that Mr Holliday lacks much of the brain tissue that they manage to use with great skill.

I have even observed intelligent behaviour from slugs. And butterflies.

[ 17. October 2016, 12:36: Message edited by: Penny S ]

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Er, um .. now UKIP has been declared 'ungovernable ' by it's member engaged in a scuffle. So the party committed to getting Britain back governing itself looks to have been hoisted by it's own petard.

Just the Tories to go now [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

- Posted      Profile for Anglican't   Email Anglican't   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chris stiles:
quote:
Originally posted by Sipech:
Call the thought police!

At least that's what Councillor Christian Holliday has asked for, by launching a petition to amend the Treason Felony Act. If successful (at the time of writing, he has 201 signatures of the 100,000 needed for the petition to even be considered

A number of the backwoods Tories are going off on similar(ish) lines:

https://twitter.com/Stewart4Pboro/status/787425569982050306

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I struggle to see the similarity between a call to criminalise certain thoughts (which is at best a rather dotty idea) and deciding to cancel a magazine subscription.
Posts: 3613 | From: London, England | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
chris stiles
Shipmate
# 12641

- Posted      Profile for chris stiles   Email chris stiles   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anglican't:

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I struggle to see the similarity between a call to criminalise certain thoughts (which is at best a rather dotty idea) and deciding to cancel a magazine subscription.

It lies in tying certain thoughts to the idea of 'patriotism' while ruling out other thoughts for the opposite reason ("UK patriots shd do similar").

At worst they are knaves, at best a bunch of fools.

Posts: 4035 | From: Berkshire | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sipech:
Call the thought police!

At least that's what Councillor Christian Holliday has asked for, by launching a petition to amend the Treason Felony Act. If successful (at the time of writing, he has 201 signatures of the 100,000 needed for the petition to even be considered for debate in Parliament), any support given to the idea that the UK should be part of the European Union will be considered as treason.

What a pigeon-witted idiot!

I think other people are telling him that he's a pigeon-witted idiot, although not in so many words!

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016