homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Hell   » Bear Grylls pretend terrible nature survival TV shows (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Bear Grylls pretend terrible nature survival TV shows
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
Be sure to turn off your computer before you go to bed. Wouldn't want it to turn off unexpectedly when the campfire that's powering it sputters and dies, you know what happens when the shutdown isn't clean.

I think you want one of these: Biolite
Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm Bear Grylls and here's another bit of the outdoors I want to stamp my mark on just because I'm me and I can make some dosh out of it.

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by no prophet's flag is set so...:
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
Be sure to turn off your computer before you go to bed. Wouldn't want it to turn off unexpectedly when the campfire that's powering it sputters and dies, you know what happens when the shutdown isn't clean.

I think you want one of these: Biolite
Mostly what I wanted was to make a wry joke at your expense, but it doesn't quite work if you're unable to grasp the point, which was the disconnect between your belief that living in the wilderness isn't difficult and the practical reality of how people who sit around chatting on the internet and/or watching Bear Grylls on television actually live.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ray Mears, favourably mentioned upthread, is currently on BBC Radio 4's Saturday Live. Podcast available shortly.

Mears really doesn't sound arrogant at all. Which is good to know.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He was the first outdoorsy living peron on the TV before Bear Grylls, who then moved in on the niche.

I've known other people like that who slipstream on others and eclipse them.

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016