homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Hell   » Kellyanne Conway (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Kellyanne Conway
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pigwidgeon--

quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
I've never been a big fan of Nordstrom's (a bit too snooty for me), but I do intend to stop by next week when I'm at the Mall. I think I might even apply for one of their credit cards.

So the Trumps are helping the economy already! [Biased]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
I've never been a big fan of Nordstrom's (a bit too snooty for me), but I do intend to stop by next week when I'm at the Mall. I think I might even apply for one of their credit cards.

Most of their stuff is out of my price range, but I do shop their sales racks for nice work clothes. I'll be making it a point to check those racks a bit more often now. And at the very least I'll drop by their coffee bar for a latte.

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 11242 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was delighted to hear that after TFO's first tweet about Nordstrom's cruelty to his daughter, Nordstrom stock went up 4%.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Seems to me you can spin this either way.

quote:
The tweet, which was sent by Mr Trump's @realDonaldTrump account, was then retweeted by the official @POTUS account.

Shares in the retailer briefly fell 0.7%, before rising later in the day.

source.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, you can't prove that the path of virtue is easy from the Bible. Look what happened to St. Paul.
Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
beatmenace
Shipmate
# 16955

- Posted      Profile for beatmenace   Email beatmenace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by molopata:
Meanwhile, I pity the screenwriters of "House of Cards", the first real victims of Trump's presidency. After all the drama and treachery of the first four series, they are faced with the hopeless choice of either continuing as they have and creating a bland plot of boredom, or trying to outdo the Trump reality show and winding up in the realm of psychedelic absurdity.

The second were the writers of the new series of 'Homeland' who bet on having a female President.

--------------------
"I'm the village idiot , aspiring to great things." (The Icicle Works)

Posts: 297 | From: Whitley Bay | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged
Rocinante
Shipmate
# 18541

- Posted      Profile for Rocinante   Email Rocinante   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, but I think the writers of "Homeland" were hedging their bets. The new POTUS is a woman, but she has isolationist tendencies and is no friend of the CIA. Quite clever really.
Posts: 384 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2016  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This should amuse: an account of a Utah congressman's meeting with constituents. Nothing like screams of "Your last term!" to brighten an elected official's day.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It would seem that Kellyanne has disappeared, and the New Yorker - no fake news here - is making the most of it.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Stercus Tauri--

Maybe this is implied in your post, and I'm missing it...but that piece is satire, FYI.

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Clough:
This should amuse: an account of a Utah congressman's meeting with constituents. Nothing like screams of "Your last term!" to brighten an elected official's day.

Empty words unless they actually vote him out.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
Stercus Tauri--

Maybe this is implied in your post, and I'm missing it...but that piece is satire, FYI.

Er.... yes, thank you. That's what Borowitz does. He's very good at it.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

ST--

Ok. [Smile] Mentioned it because some people don't get that it's satire, and you said "not fake news", so...

Carry on.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016