homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Hell   » Trumpton (Page 14)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  19  20  21 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Trumpton
Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

- Posted      Profile for Crœsos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm so old I can remember when conservatives pretended to worry about the possibility a president being under FBI investigation. Seems like it was only five months ago!

quote:
FBI director confirms investigation of possible collusion between Trump campaign and Russia

Director James B. Comey confirmed for the first time Monday that the FBI is investigating possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian authorities during the 2016 election campaign.

Don't worry, I'm sure White House spokes-entity Kellyanne Conway will have some kind of pity insight that will clear everything up.

--------------------
Humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 10706 | From: Sardis, Lydia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Global warming? Isn't that an 'alternative fact' or something...?
[Paranoid]

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
An interesting opinion piece by a psychiatrist who is not trying to diagnose Trump, but to understand him.

"Perhaps Trump’s bigotry is also derived from his narcissism; since he must see himself as perfect to defend his fragile ego, he may also see his own characteristics (white, male, heterosexual, Christian) as superior. He is likely to do what he can to ensure those who share these characteristics remain superior by proliferating inequality and disadvantage for those who do not. In his mind, since the US has now become an extension of himself, he will act to enhance its position as the dominant power, irrespective of the cost to the rest of the world."

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If this were so, and if he could actually do it, I do believe the majority of the electorate would be perfectly fine with it. Nationalism is a powerful and ancient force.

I do not believe it is so. The PG may tell himself "l'etat, c'est moi" (except he wouldn't quote a Frenchman, the only French he knows is probably on menus). But if it came to a choice between a good for his own precious self and a good for the general citizenry, who do you think would come out on top? There is not a self-sacrificial bone in the man's body; you cannot point at one example. It is himself, Number One, all the way, and if the nation's interests happen to align with those drives then hurray. Otherwise, sucks to be you.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is an excellent summary of the current state of play. It is a free click, but profoundly depressing.

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Like father, like son.

Not only would it seem that DT junior has inherited the tweeting bug from his father, it would seem he also has the same ability to fire off tweets without reading/listening to the comment, remark or action on which he claims to tweet.

His response to the attack in London yesterday was disgraceful.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

The entire family is a horror show.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What a little turd.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

It is sinking in that Lyin' Don is not actually lying. He actually cannot tell truth from fiction. There must be a technical term for this.

--------------------

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Clough:
It is sinking in that Lyin' Don is not actually lying. He actually cannot tell truth from fiction. There must be a technical term for this.

I think it has been becoming clear for a while that he is not simply telling lies, as most politicians do, but he is psychologically incapable of telling the difference between truth and lies.

It doesn't make it any better. In fact, it makes it worse - there is probably no solution other than removing him from office.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It has been around for a few weeks, and I must have missed it. A delightful acronym for donald fart's position as So Called Ruler Of The United States: SCROTUS. It suits him very nicely.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
SCROTUS may be a crypto Muslim. "he represses his Islamic faith because he sees it as negative or, maybe, even deleterious to his presidential or business career".

It is at least as sensible as anything out of his mouth-butt.

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

The glossy fashion mag Cosmopolitan of all people calls out the Plastic Barbie's position in her father's administration for the nepotism that it is. Have you ever seen a more faux face?

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's been a while since I've taken such enjoyment in reading about someone else's misery.

Trump voter: My husband is being deported Friday

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stetson:
It's been a while since I've taken such enjoyment in reading about someone else's misery.

Trump voter: My husband is being deported Friday

Especially this:

"In a county that backed Trump with 70 percent of the vote, residents were upset that the president who promised to deport undocumented immigrants was rounding up undocumented immigrants in order to deport them".

Say what you like about Trump, he is keeping his campaign promises. Those that do demonstrable harm at any rate.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I should say that it's not just Trump supporters who have a double-standard when it comes to which illegal immigrants deserve to be ejected from the country.

I remember a case in my hometown, late 90s, in which a filipino women had taken sanctuary in a local church, hoping to avoid deportation after her visa had expired(or whatever the issue was with her status). I heard a few comments along the lines of "Hrrumph. Maybe if she came here on a boat as a refugee, they'd let her stay", the implication being that, unlike the scraggly swarms showing up on our coastlines, this woman really deserved to be in Canada.

I suspect the fact that she had the backing of a church, plus that the Philipines is widely known to be a Christian country, might have had something to do with the special pleading.

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

This is a free click: Slate summarizes the evolving media position on the PG's ineradicable mendacity.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
Say what you like about Trump, he is keeping his campaign promises. Those that do demonstrable harm at any rate.

And Mexico just called him to say the check for the wall is in the mail.
[Disappointed]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
This is a free click: Slate summarizes the evolving media position on the PG's ineradicable mendacity.

Here is another explanation of the same Time Magazine article - broken down nicely (same points)

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think it is clear that nobody expected Trump to keep his campaign promises. Neither his supporters or his opponents.

I suspect most supporters thought he would deal with the "problem" immigrants, but (because he is Trump) he is actually trying to do what he said.

Because he doesn't understand. The dick.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
molopata

The Ship's jack
# 9933

- Posted      Profile for molopata     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And while we have long known that he doesn't say what he means, it is now clear that he doesn't mean what he says either. His make-or-break, all-or-nothing approach to Trumpcare has turned into a "maybe we'll try again". What a whimp,

--------------------
... The Respectable

Posts: 1718 | From: the abode of my w@ndering mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

Trumps primary "first act" - repealing and replacing ObamaCare - fails. Despite having a Democrat majority. Despite (apparently) working "really hard" to get it through.

I think the only response to this is:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha you UTTER DIPSHIT.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Schroedinger's cat:
Trumps primary "first act" - repealing and replacing ObamaCare - fails. Despite having a Democrat majority.

I think you mean Republican majority. The failure of the bill is being blamed on the Democrats because...ummm...they were powerless to prevent it. Or something. That part hasn't been explained yet. And probably never will be.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha you UTTER DIPSHIT.

[Killing me] [Yipee] [Killing me] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog:
quote:
Trumps primary "first act" - repealing and replacing ObamaCare - fails. Despite having a Democrat majority.

I think you mean Republican majority. The failure of the bill is being blamed on the Democrats because...ummm...they were powerless to prevent it. Or something. That part hasn't been explained yet. And probably never will be.
Maybe the word has got back to some Republicans in Congress that their poor and aging supporters really don't want to lose their benefits under the Affordable Care Act, so the Congresspersons are already acting with an eye to the midterms. Can but hope.
Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
W Hyatt
Shipmate
# 14250

- Posted      Profile for W Hyatt   Email W Hyatt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The failure of the bill is being blamed on the Democrats because...ummm...they were powerless to prevent it. Or something. That part hasn't been explained yet. And probably never will be.

Yes, my take on Trump's response:
quote:
"We did the best we could, but no Democrat was going to vote for the bill, so it's their problem now - they own it. And when Obamacare explodes in a big mess later this year, then they should come to us and work with us to create a wonderful, bipartisan bill that will solve everybody's problems."
So apparently, the fact that Republicans couldn't put together a highly partisan bill means that all they were lacking was Democratic input?

--------------------
A new church and a new earth, with Spiritual Insights for Everyday Life.

Posts: 1565 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What a dysfunctional mess....you couldn't make it up.

What's next on the list? Mexico refusing point-blank to pay for The Wall? (Or have the Bad Hombres done that already?).

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The man just has no clue that what worked in a company basically handed him to by his Dad, filled with people who worked for him, doesn't work in running a country with separation of powers.

He's childish and petulant, and the fact that he ever got anywhere NEAR the job he's now in says something pretty distressing about the state of modern society.

Behind the orange facade there's nothing.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Soror Magna
Shipmate
# 9881

- Posted      Profile for Soror Magna   Email Soror Magna   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Republican Party has had 150 years to come up with a health care plan other than letting the poor die in the streets. Is it any surprise they couldn't cobble one together in a few months?

--------------------
"You come with me to room 1013 over at the hospital, I'll show you America. Terminal, crazy and mean." -- Tony Kushner, "Angels in America"

Posts: 5430 | From: Caprica City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I suppose separation of powers works quite well when the majority party in Congress has lost the ability to get its act together. The President doesn't have a rubber stamp to rely on.

The GOP reps in the House seem to make up a very strange coalition. I wonder what else they will find it difficult to agree on. Tax reform? Infrastructure rebuild? The Wall? Withdrawal from international trade deals?

Trump will fast lose interest in this finicky process of building majorities.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Soror Magna:
The Republican Party has had 150 years to come up with a health care plan other than letting the poor die in the streets. Is it any surprise they couldn't cobble one together in a few months?

But to a very large extent they did come up with one. It's called Obamacare. There are significant features of the system that exist because Republicans wanted them.

[ 25. March 2017, 01:51: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Soror Magna
Shipmate
# 9881

- Posted      Profile for Soror Magna   Email Soror Magna   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, but their subsequent hypocrisy should negate any credit for their bright ideas. Even Mittens disowned Romneycare to satisfy their Obama hatred.

Anyway, I'm partying tonight. The Art of the Deal turned out to be a black velvet Elvis and some people actually noticed.

--------------------
"You come with me to room 1013 over at the hospital, I'll show you America. Terminal, crazy and mean." -- Tony Kushner, "Angels in America"

Posts: 5430 | From: Caprica City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by Soror Magna:
Yeah, but their subsequent hypocrisy should negate any credit for their bright ideas. Even Mittens disowned Romneycare to satisfy their Obama hatred.

Well, it turns out one of the things that the no true Scotsman line of argument can be used for is to say that no true Republican can have a decent idea.

Because a decent idea would be a counterexample to your sweeping statement, and that would be just wrong.

Fuck me but I can't stand this shit today. Everything reduce to 2 sides like it's a fucking football match.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

I think this could be a sign of things to come - battling wings of the republican party unable to agree on anything with Trump, confused, in the middle.

Hopefully he'll get nothing done and slink away in four years time to make way for politicians who know the job.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

quote:
quote:

Yes Republican Majority. Sorry. I am terrible at remembering who is who.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One effect of Trump's performance in office so far is that Bernie Sanders has become the most popular politician in the US. Speaking as someone who has a lot of time for Bernie's principles and values, I still wonder if that's just a further sign of public fed-upness with the messy political processes involved in getting things done, rather than just being clear about what you think ought to be done.

I don't think Bernie will be President - probably too old in 2020 - but I'm not sure he would be much better at 'making his sausages' than the Donald is at 'making his sausages'. Getting agreements amongst the disparate has its ugly side, but avoiding the messiness, or not understanding how to do it, just renders you ineffective.

[ 25. March 2017, 08:45: Message edited by: Barnabas62 ]

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
I think this could be a sign of things to come - battling wings of the republican party unable to agree on anything with Trump, confused, in the middle.

Quite possible. The Tea Party is almost a separate party in practical terms. I think over the years there were quite a few vicious selection fights where a more traditional Republican was driven out of their spot.

So even though there is a majority of "Republicans" in Congress, I suspect in truth there will often be something close to a 3-party system.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Hopefully he'll get nothing done and slink away in four years time to make way for politicians who know the job.

In four years he can do a lot of damage to America and the world.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
quote:

In four years he can do a lot of damage to America and the world.
Not if he gets nothing through.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For the the Tyrant this guy was supposed to be he does seem to have his hands somewhat tied. Maybe he will come and go and have sweet F A to show for it, rather like his predecessor.

Globalisation is the force which is ruling over all of us and ain't nuffin gonna stop that, not even a Fake dictator.

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

quote:

From the time of his "election," I've never thought he'd make it through four years -- resignation, removal by impeachment, or death -- either natural or assassination. (But we'll need to get rid of Pence before that happens, like we got rid of Agnew before Nixon resigned.)

--------------------
~Tortuf

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

I hardly think Pussygrabber's predecessor achieved nothing. Clearly, YMMV.

Apart from anything else, at least Mr. O'Barmagh (clearly an Irish name, and therefore a non-American terrorist), was (and is) a kind, decent, intelligent, literate, compassionate human being. Even those who opposed him must be missing him already, no?

IJ

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

The Democratic leadership gives the credit to grassroots activism for killing Trumpcare. From the article: "This week, as Republicans fumbled the AHCA, Democrats held relatively low-key events to draw attention to their fight. At each, they credited activists with slowing down the bill and derided Republicans for being led by Trump’s whims."

--------------------

Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The Democratic leadership gives the credit to grassroots activism for killing Trumpcare. From the article: "This week, as Republicans fumbled the AHCA, Democrats held relatively low-key events to draw attention to their fight. At each, they credited activists with slowing down the bill and derided Republicans for being led by Trump’s whims."

The grass roots activism, long may it flourish, was important, and a lot of Republicans knew they could kiss their seats goodbye at the next election if they helped to take away the ACA, but never underestimate the power of the other dissenting Republicans for whom Don'tCare was insufficiently destructive. They haven't gone away, and they won't.

It is rather nice that the fart always called it Obamacare rather than the ACA as a way to scare people off it. Now he has to put up with everyone calling it that to give it the honour it deserves.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This list is imperfect, in that it credits Obama for some things he really didn't do but rather watched happen. But most things he can justly take at least some credit for. It definitely shows he has more than F/A to show for his 8 years. That's a fatuous attack, not a balanced assessment. It's a stupid thing to say.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

The voters aren't stupid. (Or, more accurately, aren't all stupid.) We noticed this. They weren't even bothering to hide their hatred this time around.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The voters aren't stupid. (Or, more accurately, aren't all stupid.) We noticed this. They weren't even bothering to hide their hatred this time around.

This is good but it rather makes it sound like women are the only group that the Republicans want to make miserable, or don't give a fuck about. That's a wee bit too simplistic.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

The notion that Obama got nothing done is logically inconsistent with a Republican agenda that largely consists of "we will undo what Obama did".

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

This is from the POST, an account from a Congressional staffer about what it's like to get all those phone calls. Contacting your congressperson really does work.

--------------------

Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The next step is for Trump to break Obamacare by scaring off the Insurance providers and not getting the younger people to join. Then he can point to it and say See!
Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  19  20  21 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016