homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Hell   » Trumpton (Page 18)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Trumpton
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny S:
I think I read somewhere that some person, possibly Freud, made some connection between gold and excreta - which makes the gold loos somehow meaningful in a way Trump probably doesn't think of.

Was it the Aztecs who called gold the excretion of the gods, or something? Too lazy to google, sorry - but something like that in some place like that?

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here we are!

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From the New Yorker, a report on how the Resistance is doing. We are indeed having an effect, with our marches and pussy hats. It's important to keep the pressure up. We can have a lot of influence on domestic policy, where a weak-kneed and conflicted Congress must heed angry voters. But in foreign policy it is indeed scary.

I keep thinking (because that's my calling) about how an end game would work. Alas, I can see a scenario in which Lyin' Don does something awful to North Korea or Libya or whatever place has caught his attention on that day. And then there is kickback -- a bomb, a missile, a 9-11. Only then, when there is carnage and smoking ruins (which is to say, =American= carnage, because no other kind counts for Congress, sorry all you Syrians and Iraqis) will the impeachment proceedings really kick in.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Would someone please get Trump a globe or a world map?

A U.S. aircraft carrier that the White House declared a deterrent to North Korea was at the time sailing in the opposite direction.
quote:
The problem was, the carrier, the Carl Vinson, and the four other warships in its strike force were at that very moment sailing in the opposite direction, to take part in joint exercises with the Australian Navy in the Indian Ocean, 3,500 miles southwest of the Korean Peninsula.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is a minor funny, but amusing. Also a free click!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Killing me] [Killing me]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

This is from the Post and kind of sad: to comfort her dying husband in his last moments, she told him that Trump had been impeached. I assume he died happy, but then what happens when he arrives in Heaven? Perhaps they don't have internet there, but surely Heaven has a library.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Washington Post has cut me off (even though I've been staying away from them for several weeks now because of their limit), but I got the first sentence read.

At any rate, I don't know if there is internet service in Heaven -- I hope so (if I make it there) because I'll want to keep an eye on the Ship, though I don't imagine I'll be able to post. There will definitely be a wonderful library.

However, I feel pretty safe in saying that the name "Trump" is not said aloud up there.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

I don't think the full text of the story (which was mainly biographical) tells you more than the headline. FWIW the man died at peace.

I can't imagine that the denizens of Heaven do not keep up with current events, simply because the prayers of the saints need to be current, wouldn't you think? Hopefully they get better reportage than the Post or Faux News, and so can pray accurately.

I do believe that Heaven must have a deep and very complete library, well organized and catalogued. None of this searching futilely around for the book you need. I have just shuffled through five separate library systems, and the one I'm looking for is not there. (sigh)

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I always figure (hope!) that if people in the next life can see us in this one, they are more forgiving and understanding of our sinful and selfish ways than we are down here with one another.

In my mental heavenly library, you just sit at your carrel and say "ACCIO BOOK ABOUT 17TH CENTURY LACEMAKING" and five or six fly through the air and land on your shelf.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

I can already do that, as long as I know title and author. Inter Library Loan is a mighty tool. But it gives no room for serendipity, the creative power of just wandering around and finding something you had never known existed. I hope for rooms and bays and halls full of shelves and books, and endless time to follow the threads of inspiration across time and space. Large desks near the windows (with bucolic views of, say, the angels playing baseball or something at a good quiet distance) to bring the books back to, and the computer power to open the several files I need to jump back and forth between, to write like the wind.

--------------------

sabine
Shipmate
# 3861

- Posted      Profile for sabine   Email sabine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The first time I went to my assigned library carrel as a grad student, I found graffiti scratched into the small bulletin board: What is the secret of life? (one handwriting) The secret is to have a good time (in another handwriting For a good time call xxx-xxx-xxxx in a third handwriting.

[Big Grin]

sabine

--------------------
"Hunger looks like the man that hunger is killing." Eduardo Galeano

Posts: 5887 | From: the US Heartland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sabine:
The first time I went to my assigned library carrel as a grad student, I found graffiti scratched into the small bulletin board: What is the secret of life? (one handwriting) The secret is to have a good time (in another handwriting For a good time call xxx-xxx-xxxx in a third handwriting.

[Big Grin]

sabine

I presume you called the number just to see what the next stage was....

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

Now this is fine. The fashion mag GLAMOUR runs an article pointing out Trump's sex-abuser tactics. Gaslighting, testing the boundaries, getting the victim isolated, it's all there. And in a magazine usually dedicated to trends in eye shadow and brow tweezing! It is a free click, btw.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Clough:
(with bucolic views of, say, the angels playing baseball or something at a good quiet distance)

Surely the angels play cricket: the game takes an eternity, and nothing ever happens. It's like soccer but slower and without the fake injuries.

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

Baseball games take upwards of three hours. I can't imagine how people sit through them.

This is from the POST, an excellent summary by the dean of the DC pundits on why we must not let up on Lyin' Donny.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Baseball games take upwards of three hours. I can't imagine how people sit through them.

You don't sit through them. You get up, you get peanuts, you people watch, you go check out the horribly overpriced junk at the souvenir stands. Nobody sits through the whole game. It's an outing.

It's also a psychological battle of wits and nerves, and I can't imagine angels playing that way.

Good call on not letting up on 45.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Re angels' sports:

Well, of course, they can play anything they want. But I'm sure one of their faves is Quidditch.
[Cool]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
Re angels' sports:

Well, of course, they can play anything they want. But I'm sure one of their faves is Quidditch.
[Cool]

I'm sure St. Moses the Black would be a beater.

--------------------

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

County cricket matches usually take 3 days. An international test match 5 days (and, the "stop after five days rather than play to a win" is a relatively modern innovation). The difficulty of watching a full cricket match is usually that play stops for rain, or bad light towards the end of the day - neither of which would (I expect) be an issue in heaven.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

It only rains at night.

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And this all has to do with trump how? You want to hit him with bats? Which is an idea. His hair reminds of a salmon we once left in the fridge too long. Furry with tendrils waving like wheat in the cooling fan-breeze. The colour of nicotine stained teeth.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for that image, O no prophet....

[Projectile]

(my usual reaction at mention of the tr**p)

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

- Posted      Profile for Pangolin Guerre   Email Pangolin Guerre   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Allen Lichtman (American University), who predicted Trump's victory early, is now predicting Trump's impeachment; collusion with the Russians, violation of the emoluments clause, demonstrable lying being the possible grounds. To be passed in the House of Representatives it would require all the Dems + 24 GOPs (~10% of GOP congressfolk). As Lichtman also pointed out, many GOPs would rather have Pence, a reliable career conservative, than erratic Trump who lacks any meaningful relationship to the party, and as midterm elections loom, they might want to distance themselves from Trump, depending on what unforeseen events transpire.
Posts: 758 | From: 30 arpents de neige | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

It can't possibly happen until after 2018. As long as the GOP holds both houses of Congress they'll stall and drag, even if Lyin' Donny's malfeasance is undeniable.
With luck, the power will shift. And then, we can see Congressional action with teeth in it. Subpoenas for those tax returns, for instance.

--------------------

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

- Posted      Profile for Pangolin Guerre   Email Pangolin Guerre   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, Lichtman seems to think that the momentum will begin before the 2018 elections, as GOP representatives start to distance themselves from Trump out of fear of falling victim to an an anti-Trump backlash He called Trump's election early, so this hypothesis must, at least, be entertained.
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can only hope Trump hangs on long enough to damage the GOP. If Pence replaces him before the mid-term elections, much hope will be lost,for Pence is everything that is a threat presented by Cheeto, but with the appearance of competence.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

I suspect that Pence is adequately competent. Therein lies a great danger.
sabine
Shipmate
# 3861

- Posted      Profile for sabine   Email sabine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pangolin Guerre:

Her was my governor. He's not competent for much beyond doing what the powers-that-be tell him to do (he's not competent to actually be that power).

He won't be the psychological and governmental train wreck that is Trump, but he won't be much better.

Also, he has strange pseudo-christian ideological ideas.

sabine

[ 22. April 2017, 15:46: Message edited by: sabine ]

--------------------
"Hunger looks like the man that hunger is killing." Eduardo Galeano

Posts: 5887 | From: the US Heartland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He is, IIRC, a Dominionist.

Enjoy that separation of Church and State while you still have it.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sabine:
quote:
Originally posted by Pangolin Guerre:

Her was my governor. He's not competent for much beyond doing what the powers-that-be tell him to do (he's not competent to actually be that power).

And that is why he is dangerous.
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Tor:
He is, IIRC, a Dominionist.

Enjoy that separation of Church and State while you still have it.

The illusion of separation, the US doesn't have it in a practical sense. Not putting America in the same category as Saudi Arabia but Christianity is more dominant than the Constitution or its creators hoped for. What they will lose is more of what actual separation currently existing.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
I always figure (hope!) that if people in the next life can see us in this one, they are more forgiving and understanding of our sinful and selfish ways than we are down here with one another.

In my mental heavenly library, you just sit at your carrel and say "ACCIO BOOK ABOUT 17TH CENTURY LACEMAKING" and five or six fly through the air and land on your shelf.

Oh, mousey...now you have me worried! Are those who have passed into the loving embrace of Jesus seeing me fiddling with my naughty bits?!
[Ultra confused]

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

Since nearly everybody around you, and everybody who has ever been alive, has done the same, I doubt it will be of profound interest. They can also (in theory) see you in the commode, you know. And every being alive or ever alive has had poops, except possibly those single-celled life forms. Oh look, biological forms are being biological again. Not of theological significance.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
[...] And every being alive or ever alive has had poops, except possibly those single-celled life forms. [...]

Would the latter refer to 45, one wonders?

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:

After my mum died some well meaning person said something about her looking down from heaven and I was thrown into a panic, until I had a chat with someone with good pastoral and theological skills.

Looking back it was funny because Mum once said she had experienced a similar reaction having been told that about one of her relatives.

Huia [Paranoid]

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So the Trump threatens 'major major' conflict.

How did the USA trust this man, who has the language skills of a 7 year old?

The only time I have heard him use any kind of complex description is when he's been reading, two slow. words. at a. time.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:

Most of us didn't -- and don't -- trust him.

At least he didn't threaten a "bigly, bigly" conflict, or a "yuuuuge" one!

--------------------
~Tortuf

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:

The only time I have heard him use any kind of complex description is when he's been reading, two slow. words. at a. time.

I think that his simple speech and simple rhetoric were a feature, not a flaw, of his campaign.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wouldn't have thought that evaporating a whole city, and everything in it, at the press of a button could really be described as a conflict .

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

One of the things learned during this first 100 days coverage is, Li'l Donny has had a button installed on the desk in the Oval Office. This is the historical desk crafted out of the timbers of the HMS Resolute. There have been other buttons on this famous desk (the nuclear button is the one you've probably heard about, but it's not actually a button). But this new one? It summons a servant, with a Coke.
And those funny guys at the Post have created this article, outlining how you too may install a soda button on your desk! Tip: it's easier to just go to the fridge.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
One of the things learned during this first 100 days coverage is, Li'l Donny has had a button installed on the desk in the Oval Office. This is the historical desk crafted out of the timbers of the HMS Resolute. There have been other buttons on this famous desk (the nuclear button is the one you've probably heard about, but it's not actually a button). But this new one? It summons a servant, with a Coke.
And those funny guys at the Post have created this article, outlining how you too may install a soda button on your desk! Tip: it's easier to just go to the fridge.

So that's how he got so fat!

I wonder what he'll do in hot weather when he can't wear those enormous coats?

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He'll have to drink more coke in order to keep cool....O, wait a minute, though.....

(Pause for sudden vision of the Oval Office getting ovallier and ovallier as the President gets biglier and biglier.....).

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I wonder what he'll do in hot weather when he can't wear those enormous coats?

Well . . . .

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And now Trump has admitted that perhaps he wasn't ready to be president.

Not in those words, mind you. But the fundamental core of him whining about missing his old life and how being president is harder than he thought it would be is basically that.

And of course he wasn't ready to be president. Because it was totally fucking obvious. Each and every person who ever entertained thoughts to the contrary - in spite of virtually everything he has ever said or did - is guilty of abject idiocy. Including Trump himself.

Some claim that they had no choice. The only alternative was worse!

Those are the words of a stupid person being stupid.

Who drives the bus - the drunken idiot or the person who intends to drive in a direction you don't want to go? A rational person will realize that competency is not merely "nice to have". The driver going a direction that you don't like will at least deliver you there intact, with the option of trying to go a different direction later. The drunken idiot driver runs the risk of killing everyone, and a high likelihood of wrecking the vehicle such that nobody gets anywhere they want to go.

And as I mutter through this metaphor, I find it extra-annoying to realize that the party of idiots who championed this idiotic circumstance are the exact same idiots who almost burned out the engine of this metaphorical vehicle last time. And it took 8 years of persistent competence despite their efforts to fix things to their current level of relative functionality.

If all you miserable old baby boomers would hurry up and die of self-inflicted and un-prevented health issues, that would probably be the best for everybody.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

Oh sweetie. You need us. You need a large cohort of gray-haired voters who have been relying on the safety net to be there for retirement. You need us, to march and carry nasty signs and scream at town hall meetings at rubber-spined Congressmen. You need the AARP to snap its fingers and defend Social Security. Fear the Granny, youngster. We'll see to it that there'll be a Medicare when you need it.

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, he's right. Baby boomers have whined their way into everything. Including the actual effing possibility of retirement. Which the end of alphabet, echo and millenial generations will ever get only if they kill us, inherit and sell everything to China. Kill the Beast.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

I've just read an excellent tweet about trump's latest rally.

"‪He doesn't want to be president. He just wants to win the presidency over and over again."

So true.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
You need us.

Speaking personally, I think the majority of value for most humans is purely caloric. So I view you as being eminently replaceable by a rowdy row of potatoes.

Speaking as a human being capable of conceiving consequences to actions: no, I absolutely do not think we need over-representation of a demographic that actively works against the well-being of society. The vicious stupidity of MAGA-sympathies who are in fact worthless resource sinks is a miserable hypocrisy that nobody needs.

History is watching us. And, I'm pretty fucking sure history is thinking to itself collectively, "EEEEWWWWWW! Gross!"

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

quote:
I've just read an excellent tweet about trump's latest rally.

"‪He doesn't want to be president. He just wants to win the presidency over and over again."

So true.

[Overused]

--------------------
~Tortuf

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

....and get biglier and biglier crowds each time.

[Disappointed]

IJ

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016