homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Hell   » Trumpton (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  19  20  21 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Trumpton
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sabine:
Here is the 'historical marker" for the Bowling Green massacre

sabine

[Killing me]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
An important distinction is now clarified - judge: agrees with Trump. So-called judge (i.e. Not a valid one): disagrees with Trump.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
An important distinction is now clarified - judge: agrees with Trump. So-called judge (i.e. Not a valid one): disagrees with Trump.

disagrees with Trump:
unemployed judge.

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 11242 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cliffdweller:
quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:

disagrees with Trump:
unemployed judge.

Although this is a travesty, the Attorney General is not a judge.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A question which has arisen more than once: Is the PG in Chief really a liar? Or is it that he actually cannot distinguish truth from what he wishes were so?

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When you run a company, no-one has to explain separation of powers to you.

The man thinks he's been elected CEO of America.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What a relief it is to be able to enjoy the news again. Impotent, but with globally embarrassing hair. He must be pissed to have a urologist go public with this.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Interesting. I wonder what exactly is meant by "ejaculatory and orgasmic dysfunction." Does that mean he's going unexpectedly to come in his underpants when he next addresses Congress? If so, perhaps he should look into disposable underwear. Just imagine -- the company in question could advertise "Disposable undergarments by appointment to His Majesty the Presidential Pretender of the United States."

Also, the sentence "Whether this medication is safe for individuals holding political office has not been studied" has got to be the understatement of the year.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Seriously? Do we HAVE to trawl through anything and everything for explanations and justifications of why Trump acts like an arsehole?

Maybe he's just, you know, a horrible person?

This is nothing more than junk science.

[ 05. February 2017, 11:49: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
Seriously? Do we HAVE to trawl through anything and everything for explanations and justifications of why Trump acts like an arsehole?

I am sort of with you in this. there is a lot of "Is Trump mentally ill" stuff, and it is near offensive. He may have health problems and issues. But he is responsible for his action, his actions are vile, and the evidence is that he is just an obnoxious and despicable person. He has no excuses.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My wife and I joined a small anti-Trump demonstration in our town yesterday. Perhaps 150 came along. All right, I'm sure that Trump won't have noticed - but (and I say this as a person who rarely joins in such actions) it felt necessary to do and say somethingh, even if only to salve our consciences.

An account was placed on our local paper's website, and what's amazing is the amount of vitriol that has unleashed (and on a moderated site, too - this isn't Facebook). Comments such as "a rag tag bunch of losers who think they can change the policy of a country 3000 miles away", "dumb liberals", "jumping on the bandwagon" and "deluded individuals who leach of the public purse" (?) are just the start, allied to a generalised comment that we never protest about hings in Britain, which simply isn't true.

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nasty, but don't fret too much about it, BT. At least you did something - and that sort of vitriol is ejaculated by the same fuckwits over anything that rattles their cage. Pity they don't go out and get a life.

[Disappointed]

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Schroedinger's cat:
quote:

I am sort of with you in this. there is a lot of "Is Trump mentally ill" stuff, and it is near offensive. He may have health problems and issues. But he is responsible for his action, his actions are vile, and the evidence is that he is just an obnoxious and despicable person. He has no excuses.
Yup, a full portion of nasty, with stupid and selfish on the side*. Morally deficient perhaps but I'd hesitate to seek an organic excuse for him.

*nb, every country has nasty, stupid and selfish people but it is rare for one to become head of state.

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've noticed the same vitriol towards retainers.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
Nasty, but don't fret too much about it, BT.

I'm not! - but I found the responses sad (although there were a couple in support, too).
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

Remainers even. Bloody autocorrect

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Baptist Trainfan:
My wife and I joined a small anti-Trump demonstration in our town yesterday. Perhaps 150 came along. All right, I'm sure that Trump won't have noticed - but (and I say this as a person who rarely joins in such actions) it felt necessary to do and say somethingh, even if only to salve our consciences.

This is just one of many posts here on the Ship that make me so grateful to all of you who don't live in the U.S. (England, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and elsewhere), but who are supportive of us who are in the States, and who don't assume all Americans are in favor of the PG in the White House. Thank you.
[Overused]

(If that's too mushy for Hell, tough.)

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
This is just one of many posts here on the Ship that make me so grateful to all of you who don't live in the U.S. (England, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and elsewhere), but who are supportive of us who are in the States, and who don't assume all Americans are in favor of the PG in the White House. Thank you.
[Overused]

I know it is so easy to blame "all Americans" for Trump, but the ship has shown me the importance of not tarring everyone with the same brush. There are so many US shipmates who are clearly sane and sensible.

Thank you for continuing to remind us that you exist. That not all Americans are like the worst.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Gosh, Hell has become polite!

(Although I echo the sentiments).

Stephen
Shipmate
# 40

- Posted      Profile for Stephen   Email Stephen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have always appreciated the contributions of our American friends - long may it continue
Trump is nasty because he's an obnoxious person, and would be whether he were American, Welsh Scottish English or whatever. He is not obnoxious because he is American and heaven knows there are enough obnoxious people this side of the pond which are enough to stop us getting self-righteous!

--------------------
Best Wishes
Stephen

'Be still,then, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations and I will be exalted in the earth' Ps46 v10

Posts: 3954 | From: Alto C Clef Country | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

quote:

I think there is a temptation here to shout and scream about "Bloody Americans" and suchlike. It is always worth a moment to remember that there are many in the US who are as anti-Trump, as appalled by it.

Otherwise, we have to just continue being astounded at a US president who makes the lady who voted for Brexit because she saw a straight banana seem like a sensible and rational person.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

orfeo

# 13878

quote:

Balls! Fuck! Nigger!

Happy now?

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Much as I dislike all that, it seems far more appropriate!
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If a million marching women in pussy hats does not convince you that there are Americans who don't like the PG in Chief, it is hopeless of endeavor. I am busily knitting hats for all my acquaintance.

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Much as I dislike all that, it seems far more appropriate!

Clearly my attempts over the years to explain how Hell works have failed utterly.

--------------------

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Schroedinger's cat:
I think there is a temptation here to shout and scream about "Bloody Americans" and suchlike. It is always worth a moment to remember that there are many in the US who are as anti-Trump, as appalled by it.

That's why I use words like "the current US administration" to identify who I'm screaming about. I know that the actions of Trump and his cronies are not supported by the majority of American citizens - much less all of them.

I'll also refer to our own bunch of lunatics claiming to be working on our behalf as "the current UK government", because their actions are not supported by the majority of the UK electorate.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
orfeo--

quote:

Hmmm...I'm not sure that anyone is *just* a horrible person. There are always reasons, causes, and factors for the way they are. The reasons might not make sense to you, but IMHO they're there.

And, sometimes, I'm not altogether how much free will anyone has.

quote:
Junk *diagnosis* from this doctor-author, maybe, because he hasn't treated Trump personally. But Alopecia has known psychological side-effects, which have been studied, and the doctor gives links to more info. I haven't read the article/statement from Trump's own doctor, but I gather that sparked this one.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

The drug is called Propecia.

And yes, it has known, uncommon, side effects. The junk consists of reasoning backwards that Trump must be one of the people that has these side effects, because we "know" he has psychological problems and hey presto, here's an explanation for them.

And yes, I'm sure there are reasons for his being a horrible person. I'm sure his upbringing contributed. I'm sure his apparent desperate need for validation drives much of his behaviour. What shits me is the attempt to medicalise it.

[ 05. February 2017, 22:49: Message edited by: orfeo ]

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
orfeo--

Thanks re Propecia. Honestly, that's what I meant to type, but my brain reached into the wrong box and I didn't notice it.

Maybe you haven't seen his debates with Hillary. He was very clearly unhinged. There've been many other things, since then, that make it clear that *something* is wrong. I'm not sure that he's capable of behaving much differently than he does.

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

Over at the Council of Bishops of the African Methodist Church they're \declaring an official resistance. They cite a host of decisions and actions by the Trump administration, described by the bishops as “clearly demonic acts.”

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On a completely serious note, Twitter has Bridget Trump's Diary. A mash-up. Which is ridiculous. Great.

example:
quote:
Said 'You're Fired' to Attorney Gen. Sally Yates! Hurrah! Am top POTUS Nigey sent me thumbs up Rest of UK being a bit of a bitch actually
etc

[ 06. February 2017, 02:39: Message edited by: no prophet's flag is set so... ]

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
[...] What shits me is the attempt to medicalise it.

Certainly doesn't explain his oral silver spoon upbringing. Plus if he takes the stuff - in his case, just seems to add to his vanity, doesn't it?

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
Maybe you haven't seen his debates with Hillary. He was very clearly unhinged. There've been many other things, since then, that make it clear that *something* is wrong. I'm not sure that he's capable of behaving much differently than he does.

I agree that *something* is wrong. But I also agree with orfeo that that *something* doesn't have to be medical. It's perfectly likely that the thing that's wrong with Trump is simply that he's a colossal shitrag with all the charm and grace of a leaking colostomy bag, the lovable personality of a wet fart, and a lack of care for the wellbeing of the rest of humanity that would make Skynet say "whoa, too far dude".

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Trump's problem appears to be that no one ever told him 'no'. That will, inevitably, produce pathologies and aberrant behaviours, but at its root cause is simply he's always got what he wanted, and could use his cheque book to get out of trouble.

Now, he can't. His first resort is going to be bullying and sacking, but his second will be to surround himself with people who'll never tell him no.

Thwart him often enough, he'll either give up or break the constitution, depending on how badly he wants it.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
irish_lord99
Shipmate
# 16250

- Posted      Profile for irish_lord99     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
...the lovable personality of a wet fart...

You're quite generous here... wet farts are funny in retrospect.

--------------------
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain

Posts: 1169 | From: Maine, US | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
mark_in_manchester

not waving, but...
# 15978

- Posted      Profile for mark_in_manchester   Email mark_in_manchester   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Thwart him often enough, he'll either give up or break the constitution
...or start a war and claim emergency powers.

--------------------
"We are punished by our sins, not for them" - Elbert Hubbard
(so good, I wanted to see it after my posts and not only after those of shipmate JBohn from whom I stole it)

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Being a horrible person is not a disqualification for being president. Chemically induced mental aberration might be.

Of course, none of that abrogates that enough people voted for him to get elected.

quote:

Not technically. The side effects, though not present in every user, are fairly well documented.
It isn't junk science, but probable mis-attribution. More pedantic than disagreeing with your position.

/tangent
Never understood the idea of taking a medication for hair loss that has the potential side effects propecia does. Like buying a Ferrari with no motor.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's interesting to see some people linking Trump with the dark triad stuff, (narcissism, psychopathy, and Machiavellianism), I was amused to see Alastair Campbell banging this drum on TV.

It is pseudo-science, since you can't diagnose someone at a distance, although I suppose it's fair enough to use it as an insult, like calling somebody mad.

[ 06. February 2017, 16:21: Message edited by: quetzalcoatl ]

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pseudo-science is also the wrong term. It isn't the theory that is in question, but the application.

Trump isn't fit to serve tea, much less as a president.
Doesn't matter so much why.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by irish_lord99:
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
...the lovable personality of a wet fart...

You're quite generous here... wet farts are funny in retrospect.
And are also relatively healthy, insofar, as passing wind is natural and needful. Trump is neither, so far as I can see.

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by quetzalcoatl:
It is pseudo-science, since you can't diagnose someone at a distance, although I suppose it's fair enough to use it as an insult, like calling somebody mad.

There's a long and interesting history of such from Wikipedia listing, particularly re famous people. Apparently 4000 or so are available since 1910.
Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by no prophet's flag is set so...:
quote:

There's a long and interesting history of such from Wikipedia listing, particularly re famous people. Apparently 4000 or so are available since 1910.
Yes, good point. I've been reading some biographies of Sylvia Plath and they vary between respectful (she had certain issues), and half-baked nonsense (she was a schizophrenic). Generally, this is done with the dead, since they can't sue.

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I've been reading some biographies of Sylvia Plath and they vary between respectful (she had certain issues), and half-baked nonsense (she was a schizophrenic). Generally, this is done with the dead, since they can't sue.

Or defend themselves.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by Doc Tor:
Trump's problem appears to be that no one ever told him 'no'. That will, inevitably, produce pathologies and aberrant behaviours, but at its root cause is simply he's always got what he wanted, and could use his cheque book to get out of trouble.

Now, he can't. His first resort is going to be bullying and sacking, but his second will be to surround himself with people who'll never tell him no.

Thwart him often enough, he'll either give up or break the constitution, depending on how badly he wants it.

He suffers from Affluenza.

--------------------

Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes. He expects special treatment because he's rich. The law doesn't apply to him. The usual rules of the market don't apply to him. Common decency is for the common folk, but not him.

And Bercow has just flipped him the middle finger too. If May tries to replace him now, it'll look intensely vindictive.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Has anyone linked EverySecondCounts? The best is the original, the Netherlands, though Germany is close.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

lb--

LOL. Thanks for the link. I'm working my way through. Just saw the Swiss one. More edgy than I expected!

--------------------

Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No 'UK Second' video yet?

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's a government project, so it will be thrown together at the last minute after everyone else has done theirs. Boris Johnson has pencilled in the date for shooting it. They're still arguing over which department should be responsible for writing the script - at the moment it's a three-way fight between the FO, the Department for Brexit and the Department for International Trade, but insiders have not yet ruled out the possibility of the creation of a Ministry for Truth.
Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is the Moroccan one actually Moroccan? It seems a bit two-pronged to me.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  19  20  21 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016