homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Hell   » Jamat, you self-righteous fuckwit (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Jamat, you self-righteous fuckwit
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Tamen:
quote:
Originally posted by Gamaliel:
He's at it again. He's threatening me with eternal damnation now ...

Maybe you and I can have a beer there together.

Of course, it being Hell and all, it's likely the only thing on tap will be Budweiser.

Bloody Hell! And I thought demons poking you up the arse with pitchforks was bad enough!
The one is a metaphor for the other. Or vice versa.

[ 04. June 2017, 12:16: Message edited by: mousethief ]

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
G--

quote:
He's at it again. He's threatening me with eternal damnation now ...

Have you been playing pranks on St. Pete again, up at the gate?

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

- Posted      Profile for Gamaliel   Author's homepage   Email Gamaliel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Only if St Peter has a clip-board with a series of questions on the Atonement ...

--------------------
Let us with a gladsome mind
Praise the Lord for He is kind.

http://philthebard.blogspot.com

Posts: 15997 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

- Posted      Profile for Jamat   Author's homepage   Email Jamat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Only if St Peter has a clip-board with a series of questions on the Atonement ...

Listen Mate,
YOU have been very free on the other thread with personal comments about me.
I have not commented personally about you in anything like that manner. I have restricted comments to the stuff you posted. If I have, perchance offended you in this way, feel free to quote here.

I refer to the comments about me being a teacher..not being as bright as I think.. among others. What I do for a living is not your concern or up for comment. Neither is your pathetic attempts at spiritual psychoanalysis.
Desist, refrain and stop being being a jerk.

--------------------
Jamat ..in utmost longditude, where Heaven
with Earth and ocean meets, the setting sun slowly descended, and with right aspect
Against the eastern gate of Paradise. (Milton Paradise Lost Bk iv)

Posts: 3228 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

- Posted      Profile for Gamaliel   Author's homepage   Email Gamaliel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------

mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ahahahahaha that's just perfect.

--------------------
arse

Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

Ok, I've certainly 'had a go' at you. I'll hold my hand up there.

Thing is, what you're accusing me of doing you do time and again yourself and then some.

I've rung your bell and pulled your chain a few times but at no point have I ever presumed to doubt anyone's salvation, presumed to know all about other people's traditions nor behaved like a character from a Chick Tract.

I can understand how I've annoyed you but read your own posts. You've received the Hell Call you've deserved for years.

Your latest broadside on the Purgatory thread on the atonement would be very, very clever and hilariously funny if it were ironic or hyperbolic.

As it is, it's funny in a completely unintentional way. You really don't realise how much of a plonker you're making of your self.

Ok, I've engaged in pop-psychology and speculation to some extent - but you've laid yourself wide open - and you've laid into other people so much it's hardly surprising that various posters have taken you to task.

Perhaps my comments about you being a teacher and not being particularly bright were below the belt ... But again, read your own posts. At face value they betray a lack of nuance, rigidity and even a degree of paranoia ... But perhaps that's amateur psychology again ...

--------------------

Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

- Posted      Profile for Jamat   Author's homepage   Email Jamat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
You really don't realise how much of a plonker you're making of your self.
This may be true.
Please post what you think is offensive.

You though are simply ignorant.

--------------------
with Earth and ocean meets, the setting sun slowly descended, and with right aspect

Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

Ignorant of what?

There are plenty of things I don't know but I don't claim to have a window into people's souls ...

Listen, all I have been doing us trying to confront you with a few home-truths - and in a rough and tumble kind of way.

It might be presumptuous of me to attempt that in the first place, but you constantly impugn other posters' motives and question their salvation - so a few tugs on your tail seem just recompense as far as I can see.

If I went around posting in the way you do, I'd expect to be called to Hell and given a grilling.

--------------------

Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

quote:
Ignorant of what?

There are plenty of things I don't know but I don't claim to have a window into people's souls ...

Listen, all I have been doing us trying to confront you with a few home-truths - and in a rough and tumble kind of way.

It might be presumptuous of me to attempt that in the first place, but you constantly impugn other posters' motives and question their salvation - so a few tugs on your tail seem just recompense as far as I can see.

If I went around posting in the way you do, I'd expect to be called to Hell and given a grilling.

You are ignorant of the borderline, between what is unnecessary, offensive personal comment and what is valid criticism of an opinion. I pointed out to you where you crossed my borders. If at all I crossed yours, please show where.

It is not me that needs the home truths here. My criticism of you is specific. Do NOT comment on my personal spiritual life,try to psychoanalyse how I got that way, whether I am as smart as I think I am or what I may, or may not do to earn a living, on a forum which is about theological discussion.

Feel free to tell me my opinions are bigoted or judgemental, that is par for the course.

If you do not know how to separate those categories then please get counselling.

--------------------

Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

People who take things as literally as you do and who take it upon themselves to pontificate about the spiritual destiny of other posters and who end up in rigidly fundamentalist theological positions are the ones who need counselling.

As I've said, read your own posts. Then you might realise why I've ribbed you and why others here have called you to Hell. Your lack of humour is excelled only by your lack of nuance.

--------------------

Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

Or perhaps your hypocrisy ...

--------------------

Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

quote:
People who take things as literally as you do and who take it upon themselves to pontificate about the spiritual destiny of other posters and who end up in rigidly fundamentalist theological positions are the ones who need counselling.

As I've said, read your own posts. Then you might realise why I've ribbed you and why others here have called you to Hell. Your lack of humour is excelled only by your lack of nuance.

I do. As I have said, opinions are fair game. I am not confronting you on your criticism of my so- called judgemental views. Please distinguish the issues correctly.. if you can.

It might stop conversations like this

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jamat:
quote:

Listen Mate,
YOU have been very free on the other thread with personal comments about me.
I have not commented personally about you in anything like that manner. I have restricted comments to the stuff you posted. If I have, perchance offended you in this way, feel free to quote here.

I refer to the comments about me being a teacher..not being as bright as I think.. among others. What I do for a living is not your concern or up for comment. Neither is your pathetic attempts at spiritual psychoanalysis.
Desist, refrain and stop being being a jerk.

After doing all this to me, you have the gall to criticize ANYBODY for doing it to you? You have earned all you get and more.

The first time I called you on it you got all Martin60 faux apologetic, and then went right ahead and immediately did it again. I called you on it again and you were silent.

If there were a Richter scale for hypocrisy, you'd be off the chart.

quote:
quote:

I do. As I have said, opinions are fair game. I am not confronting you on your criticism of my so- called judgemental views. Please distinguish the issues correctly.. if you can.

It might stop conversations like this

What would stop conversations like this is if you were to stop being a judgmental hypocrite. Yeah. That'd be good.

--------------------

Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

quote:
Mousethief:After doing all this to me, you have the gall to criticize ANYBODY for doing it to you? You have earned all you get and more.

The first time I called you on it you got all Martin60 faux apologetic, and then went right ahead and immediately did it again. I called you on it again and you were silent.

Your self righteous indignation is indeed impressive as always.
You are however, I suspect, entirely devoid of a sense of humour.
I have never deliberately offended you. Unfortunately, this has not prevented you from throwing mud as usual. What would Jesus do I wonder?
This conversation did not concern you. Please excuse me.

--------------------

Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

But the Hell thread concerned you Jamat. The conversation is happening in the context of a Hell call issued by Mousethief. If you read the rules for engagement in Hell you would see that anyone who posts here is fair game for criticism and effectively forfeits the right to take the moral high-ground by whining about unfair anyone else's posts might be.

You need to read for comprehension.

As for MT not having a sense of humour ... Sheesh, he doesn't always make me laugh but when he's on form some of his quips and one-liners can be very droll and often bang on the money.

Your own attempts at humour tend to fall flat.

You'd never make it as a stage comedian ... Ooh no, I've made a comment about what you might do for a living ...

The jibe about you being a teacher didn't come from me. It came from a Shipmate who was surprised that someone could be a school teacher and still believe the world was created in 4004 BC.

I joined in. I admit it. If that gave offence, I apologise. I may well have become somewhat ad hominem - if so, I apologise for that.

What I won't apologise for is for calling you out for your rank hypocrisy, inflexibility and wounded, self-righteous, self-pitying, self-centred tone.

--------------------

Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

What would Jesus do?

I suspect he wouldn't spend as long as any of us on internet discussion boards, I suspect he wouldn't throw mud either - nor would he provoke it either by acting like a jerk as you have done.

The sheer hypocrisy you are displaying here is staggering.

It's alright for you to swagger around canting and mewling and effectively accusing everyone who differs to any degree from your brittle form of conservative evangelicalism of being in peril of their immortal souls - yet as soon as anyone challenges you on that you act all offended and take the moral high ground.

Listen pal, I'm not having a go at you about your beliefs, what I'm doing us calling you on the arrant hypocrisy you channel them through and your total stupidity. I'd call you a 'fool' if I weren't aware that doing so is to court the fate you continually warn about ... Or if I weren't aware of my own folly and prattery in other respects.

Don't flatter yourself.

Nobody is calling you to Hell because if your conservative theological views or highly literal and wooden approach to scripture or your apparent lack of awareness of how small t tradition operates - they are calling you to Hell because you've been acting like a jerk.

--------------------

Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

quote:
What would Jesus do?

I suspect he wouldn't spend as long as any of us on internet discussion boards, I suspect he wouldn't throw mud either - nor would he provoke it either by acting like a jerk as you have done.

The sheer hypocrisy you are displaying here is staggering.

It's alright for you to swagger around canting and mewling and effectively accusing everyone who differs to any degree from your brittle form of conservative evangelicalism of being in peril of their immortal souls - yet as soon as anyone challenges you on that you act all offended and take the moral high ground.

Listen pal, I'm not having a go at you about your beliefs, what I'm doing us calling you on the arrant hypocrisy you channel them through and your total stupidity. I'd call you a 'fool' if I weren't aware that doing so is to court the fate you continually warn about ... Or if I weren't aware of my own folly and prattery in other respects.

Don't flatter yourself.

Nobody is calling you to Hell because if your conservative theological views or highly literal and wooden approach to scripture or your apparent lack of awareness of how small t tradition operates - they are calling you to Hell because you've been acting like a jerk.

It is official then, this is a mudbath. I refuse to do this.
My issue with you is specific. You have not addressed it Show where I have chucked mud at you. I have not and I won't. Hypocrisy? Please demonstrate. Quotes please. Otherwise, if you say you are a believer, conduct yourself like one.

Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

I don't believe this ...

Look, can I just spell this out?

I.have.not.accused.you.of.throwing.mud.at.me.

What I have accused you of is being a jerk.

You've only got to read your own posts to see evidence of your own jerkery - but a fox never smells its own hole.

I am acting like a believer, as you put it, by showing restraint and cutting you some slack, showing patience and understanding rather than calling you to Hell before now - as Mousethief has done and with justification.

As for your hypocrisy ... I could certainly 'proof-text' and cite chapter and verse from your own posts - but that's not the way I operate. I don't just take quotes out of context and point at them saying, 'There, the Bible says ...' or 'There, Jamat says ...'

Your hypocrisy lies in accusing other people of doing the self-same things you do yourself.

You've only got to go back over the thread in question to see ample evidence of that, time and time and time again.

You have as much self-awareness as a plank, as much subtlety as a brick and your theology is at kindergarten level - to put it mildly.

In an amongst, you occasionally make some very good points, but much of the time you either completely lose the plot, misunderstand or misrepresent what other people are posting and put the worst possible slant on their motives for doing so.

Read your own posts. I rest my case.

--------------------

Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

quote:
I don't believe this ...

Look, can I just spell this out?

I.have.not.accused.you.of.throwing.mud.at.me.

What I have accused you of is being a jerk.

You've only got to read your own posts to see evidence of your own jerkery - but a fox never smells its own hole.

I am acting like a believer, as you put it, by showing restraint and cutting you some slack, showing patience and understanding rather than calling you to Hell before now - as Mousethief has done and with justification.

As for your hypocrisy ... I could certainly 'proof-text' and cite chapter and verse from your own posts - but that's not the way I operate. I don't just take quotes out of context and point at them saying, 'There, the Bible says ...' or 'There, Jamat says ...'

Your hypocrisy lies in accusing other people of doing the self-same things you do yourself.

You've only got to go back over the thread in question to see ample evidence of that, time and time and time again.

You have as much self-awareness as a plank, as much subtlety as a brick and your theology is at kindergarten level - to put it mildly.

In an amongst, you occasionally make some very good points, but much of the time you either completely lose the plot, misunderstand or misrepresent what other people are posting and put the worst possible slant on their motives for doing so.

Read your own posts. I rest my case.

This is all bluster.
I made a specific objection to you. You do not have to address it but that is what led me to post here.
Any counter objection from you, I might admit could you just point it out. You obviously cannot.
I do not consider abusiveness Christian behaviour. It is unworthy of you as well as bad for your blood pressure.

Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

I am perfectly calm and rational, thank you very much ...

Your specific accusation against me was that I'd engaged in amateur psychoanalysis of your spiritual condition and had engaged in ad hominem comments about your chosen profession.

Is that right?

I thought I'd addressed those already.

As I either hadn't done so or because you've failed to interpret my posts correctly, I will lay out a measured response.

Firstly, yes, I overdid it with my amateur psychologist hat on. I apologise for any offence I caused.

What I won't withdraw is the pertinent and incontrovertible observation that you are just as much a product of a particular Christian tradition as the rest of us are. Mousethief, mr cheesy, Nick Tamen, Mudfrog, Kaplan Corday, whoever else.

That's not amateur psychology, that's simply a statement of fact.

On the comments about your being a school teacher. If I remember rightly, my comment was to the effect that you must be teaching something that didn't involve nuance or the capacity for abstract thought. Something like that.

Again, to use a phrase I often use and get criticised for aboard Ship, I over-egged the pudding.

I don't know what you teach, but I'm sure you do it very well.

It's just that I wouldn't put you in charge of a paleontology class ...

[Razz]

As for charges of hypocrisy - no, I don't withdraw those at all.

For a kick-off you persist in being judgemental and second-guessing the spiritual state of various posters in the way you have just accused me of doing.

Look at your posts here - you have challenged me to 'act like a believer' - as though I may not actually be one according to your particular standards.

You consistently snipe at posters who don't see things exactly the way you do and insinuate either that they are not 'real' Christians or that their faith is lacking in some way in comparison with your own.

Can you not see that?

Do I need to point those instances out?

I really don't give a monkey's if you believed the moon was made of green cheese or that the world was created in 2 hours and 35 minutes by the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I'm not at all fazed or worried by your adherence to a very rigid form of conservative evangelicalism.

What I object to is the way you act like a jerk in connection with that, either by misrepresenting and misconstruing what other people post or by getting on a high-horse of apparent biblical superiority when your capacity for nuanced or contextual debate seems limited to put it mildly.

That's what I'm getting at.

If you can't see how offensive it is to continually question other people's faith just because it doesn't conform to your own constipated viewpoint then there's not a lot else I can say.

--------------------

Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

Gamaliel:
Thanks for all that. I do appreciate the time you took here.

I actually think hypocrisy is not the issue here. It is the inference that you and others take from my view of scripture that it suggests many here who say they are believers are not.
To have the temerity to even imply someone else may not be a Christian is in fact the unforgiveable sin on SOF. I have never said this though. I have only stated what I think scripture teaches.

In the end there is a place where God decides. It is called the judgement. We will all have to suck it up. If I am hard line it is because my experience of God's reality took me away from liberal Catholicism. You on the other hand seem to have reclined into some sort of amorphous spiritual bog where all the edges are blurred.

My concern about the atonement is that evangelicalism has compromised to the point where the gospel is reinvented. In scripture Paul states it is the power of God unto salvation but the gospel preached by many today has lost its teeth. If that makes me a judgemental hypocrite in your eyes, so be it. I pray blessing on you and on others.

The kind of abusiveness, language and victimisation that often goes on on the hell board here, though, is a disgrace to the name of Christ. I refuse to do it.

Goodbye and good night.

[ 06. June 2017, 20:06: Message edited by: Jamat ]

Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

Fine, you don't have to post here. Go and luxuriate in your own self-righteousness.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow. Just...wow.

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
quote:
Mousethief:After doing all this to me, you have the gall to criticize ANYBODY for doing it to you? You have earned all you get and more.

Your self righteous indignation is indeed impressive as always.
You are however, I suspect, entirely devoid of a sense of humour.
I have never deliberately offended you. Unfortunately, this has not prevented you from throwing mud as usual. What would Jesus do I wonder?
This conversation did not concern you. Please excuse me.

Honey, I started this thread. You are a hypocrite and a blasphemer and an asshole, perhaps not in that order. Attacking me YET AGAIN is not answering the charges I have against you, and only blackens your hypocrisy.

Also, this is SOF so anybody is welcome to post on any topic. So fuck yourself there, too.

--------------------

Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

Blasphemer?

That's harsh.

Rigid, doctrinaire, unnuanced, over literal and dualistic, yes - but a blasphemer?

How do you work that out?

Unless you consider a belief in PSA to be blasphemous.

What are you getting at here, Mousethief? Just as Jamat oversteps the mark in presuming to pontificate on the spiritual state of other Shipmates on the basis of his very narrow interpretation and application of scripture, are you echoing that judgementalism in some way with this charge?

I would have thought that a 'blasphemer' is one who consciously and deliberately sets out to blaspheme.

I don't think Jamat does that. He simply interprets and applies the scriptures according to a pattern he has learned / inherited from the particular form of conservative evangelicalism he espouses.

He thinks I'm fuzzy and with ill-defined boundaries, I find his views tight and restrictive with little chiaroscuro or room to breathe.

Fine, we have a difference in perspective ...

Sadly, in his zeal, Jamat has painted himself into a very restrictive and tight corner. He has given himself little room for manoeuvre. He had become cramped.

And if anyone suggests as much they are accused of sitting lightly by scripture with the insinuation that they might not be a 'true' believer' like he is.

That's sad and unfortunate, but hardly blasphemous I'd have thought ...

What is your basis for this nuclear option?

--------------------

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

To have the temerity to even imply someone else may not be a Christian is in fact the unforgiveable sin on SOF. I have never said this though. I have only stated what I think scripture teaches.

In other words, you think that because of what scripture teaches, some shippies are not Christians. This is not your own idea; it derives from scripture.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

My concern about the atonement is that evangelicalism has compromised to the point where the gospel is reinvented. In scripture Paul states it is the power of God unto salvation but the gospel preached by many today has lost its teeth. If that makes me a judgemental hypocrite in your eyes, so be it. I pray blessing on you and on others.

The kind of abusiveness, language and victimisation that often goes on on the hell board here, though, is a disgrace to the name of Christ. I refuse to do it.

If that first paragraph isn't stuffed full of abuse, intemperate language and victimisation pray what is?

There is plenty here this is a disgrace to the name of Christ, motes and beams, etc.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The martyrdom is strong here.

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

Yes, and adds to the irritation ...

I really have no problem with Jamat holding very conservative views on scripture and so on - that's up to him.

The issue I have is the way he acts like a jerk with all that.

But he appears to lack the self-awareness to see when he's being a jerk.

That probably applies to all of us, of course ...

But enough already ...

--------------------

Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was on the verge of urging you two to get a room.

I'll probably just break out the popcorn instead.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Tor:
I was on the verge of urging you two to get a room.

I'll probably just break out the popcorn instead.

But Doc Tor, hell is the room, and you are the chatelaine looking in at the keyhole to make sure they are playing nice, or proper nasty.

I'll leave you with that mental image.

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

I think that presuming to speak for God about the condition of other people's souls is blasphemous. You're presuming to be God.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Jamat--

You said:
quote:
In scripture Paul states it is the power of God unto salvation but the gospel preached by many today has lost its teeth. If that makes me a judgemental hypocrite in your eyes, so be it. I pray blessing on you and on others.
I know you may not read this, but...do you let those gospel teeth chomp on you, too?

Your posts sound like you don't. But you still call down judgment on other people.

--------------------

Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

Jamat seems to have disappeared entirely.

I've not seen him in Purgatory either for a while ...

(adopts irritating sing-song US salesperson voice) 'Missing you already ...'

But yes, Jamat's only to happy to dole out the judgment but not to be on the receiving end -other than in a kind of canting 'woe is me kind of way' ...

--------------------

mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've not posted again on this because I've come to realise that Jamat sees himself as a martyr for The Truth, so anything written about him in this vein actually boosts his self-image of a noble knight fighting for the truth against the hordes of uncouth barbarians.

Just fwiw. I think you're wasting your time even if he is bothering to read your posts in hell.

--------------------
arse

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Thanks, both of you. Yeah, I know he left the thread (at least). But my comment occurred to me this evening, so I decided to post anyway.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by mr cheesy:
I've not posted again on this because I've come to realise that Jamat sees himself as a martyr for The Truth, so anything written about him in this vein actually boosts his self-image of a noble knight fighting for the truth against the hordes of uncouth barbarians.

Just fwiw. I think you're wasting your time even if he is bothering to read your posts in hell.

Fallen victim to the martyr-for-Christ fallacy:

• Christ said people will hate us for witnessing for him.
  • People hate me for saying this.
  • Therefore saying this is witnessing for him.

--------------------

mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

It is even worse than that because he is convinced his own behaviour is justified whilst simultaneously doing the same things to others.

--------------------
arse

Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

Yes, discussion of any kind with Jamat is a waste of time. Not just in Hell but elsewhere. How can you debate anything with the man who is never wrong?

More fool me, eh?

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Yes, discussion of any kind with Jamat is a waste of time. Not just in Hell but elsewhere. How can you debate anything with the man who is never wrong?

More fool me, eh?

More fool we all.

--------------------

Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
quote:

More fool me, eh?

More fool we all.
Check the definition of hypocrite Mr..you can do it by reading your sig.
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Goodbye and good night.

"As a dog returns to its vomit, so fools repeat their folly."

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:

This from the guy who said:

quote:
That refusal didn't last long, did it?

--------------------

Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

quote:
quote:

This from the guy who said:

quote:
That refusal didn't last long, did it?

So now you feel victimised Sir?.. because your hypocrisy is pointed out? Oh and perhaps you could also check out blasphemy.
Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

Welcome back,Jamat. We were beginning to miss you ...

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Jamat, save your breath until you know what you're talking about. You are the king of hypocrisy, so you accuse others of your own sin, the better to avoid coming to grips with your flaw. If you can show me where I ever called you impure or unclean, your worth-being-taken-seriously level might rise slightly above zero. But you cannot, because I have not, so your bleating on my sig is as empty as your head.

--------------------

Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

quote:
Jamat, save your breath until you know what you're talking about. You are the king of hypocrisy, so you accuse others of your own sin, the better to avoid coming to grips with your flaw. If you can show me where I ever called you impure or unclean, your worth-being-taken-seriously level might rise slightly above zero. But you cannot, because I have not, so your bleating on my sig is as empty as your head.

So sad. You don't see how filthy language and unsubstantiated accusations are NOT calling others impure and unclean. This is lying.
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Your momma must have dropped you on the head when your skull was still soft.

--------------------

Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

quote:
Your momma must have dropped you on the head when your skull was still soft.

Seriously, this is just more of the same. Do you want to confront anything here? You began this thread, you used what was supposed to be a joke/compliment on my part, admittedly misplaced, to vent your spleen about the real sub text. This is of course how does one define a believer. Assuming you make that claim, how is what you posted here about me, something a Christian would say? Especially the unsubstantiated charges of hypocrisy and blasphemy. How is your sig in anyway consistent with your behaviour? How is your denial of hypocrisy not lying?

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016