homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Hell   » The incompetents or the lunatics UK election (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The incompetents or the lunatics UK election
Callan
Shipmate
# 525

- Posted      Profile for Callan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I like the formulation on Twitter: "Lame Duck a l'orange".

Coincidentally I am currently listening to "Mechanical Meltdown" by Electric Six.

"Mechanical meltdown, it should be thrown away... broken machine is here to stay".

--------------------
How easy it would be to live in England, if only one did not love her. - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 9650 | From: Citizen of the World | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would have thought the classic "Gay Bar" would have been more appropriate for the DUP...

--------------------
Improbable Botany

Posts: 8410 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink.:
We need a suitable label for the government May is trying to concoct. Perhaps the the UCon, of the May UCon government ?

A coalition of deplorables.

--------------------
Blog
My books for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18309 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nightlamp:
If this is correct the UK won't be able to negotiate article 50 and there will be another election before the end of the year.

So when will it be? Poll in the Circus.

--------------------
Fearfully and wonderfully mad

ن
blog

Posts: 8582 | From: Proxima b | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
We need a suitable label for the government May is trying to concoct. Perhaps the the UCon, of the May UCon government ?

Channel 4s The Last Leg has May DUP (Pronounced Made up).

--------------------

ن
blog

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

quote:
Originally posted by Schroedinger's cat:
quote:

A coalition of deplorables.
A coalition of crackpots.

--------------------

ن
blog

Callan
Shipmate
# 525

- Posted      Profile for Callan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Tor:
I would have thought the classic "Gay Bar" would have been more appropriate for the DUP...

Girl, have you got any money? I want to spend all your money! I want to spend it etc, etc.

Also works for the general attitude of Northern Irish business to Arlene Foster during the ash for cash business.

It strikes me that Mrs May and Mrs Foster have something in common. Not least that if either of them had a shred of conscience they would both have resigned by now.

--------------------
How easy it would be to live in England, if only one did not love her. - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 9650 | From: Citizen of the World | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Arethosemyfeet
Shipmate
# 17047

- Posted      Profile for Arethosemyfeet   Email Arethosemyfeet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rolyn:
Corbyn might try and deliberately fuck up every motion that the Tories push through in order to force another Election. Quite honestly my head hurts to even think about this so I will be shoving it back in the sand.

Judging from the interview he's giving at the moment he plans to, shall we say, "constructively amend" things, including the Queen's Speech. Much better than straight sabotage.
Posts: 2705 | From: Hebrides | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rolyn:
Corbyn might try and deliberately fuck up every motion that the Tories push through in order to force another Election.

And what would Brenda from Bristol have to say about that?
Posts: 8762 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'kin Nora. The bloody Labour party and in particular that utter idiot McDonnell is in danger of losing the gains they made in the election.

Moron. Why would you talk about leaving the Single Market?

--------------------
my new book: Biblical But Bollocks. Available in all good bookshops.

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
This is the platform they were elected on. I think they probably recognise the EU won't give continued membership of the single market if free movement ends. And whatever you and I may want, it's pretty clear that most people who voted leave wanted to end free movement as they understood it.

Because promising to get continued membership of the single market is probably a hostage to fortune that can not be rescued.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19085 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Because you don't tell everyone that. Only an utter dipshit would tell everyone that.

It might be that the end result is leaving the SM, but the Labour position should clearly be to get the best possible deal for the country and opposing the ideologues in the Tory party who want to leave everything because of those damn foreigners. By tipping their hand now, they're giving succor to David Davis to go to the EU and spout more bollocks about getting a better deal than we had in the EU.

--------------------
my new book: Biblical But Bollocks. Available in all good bookshops.

romanesque
Shipmate
# 18785

- Posted      Profile for romanesque     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've enjoyed every minute, as it once again proves party politics to be the exercise in institutional hypocrisy it has always been. If it wasn't an establishment career for Oxbridge PPE graduates, knowing what's best for everyone else would be a pathological condition with a range of medication and high street charity shops.

Conviction politicians can be counted on the fingers of two hands and most are in the Lords. Even the estimable Corbyn has only gained his current position by keeping his trap shut on all the issues he used to be vocal about. To see them squirming is a ray of sunshine to remember in the stormy days to come.

Helen-Eva
Shipmate
# 15025

- Posted      Profile for Helen-Eva   Email Helen-Eva   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callan:
I like the formulation on Twitter: "Lame Duck a l'orange".

That is VERY clever. Respect [not the George Galloway kind] to whoever came up with it.

[ 12. June 2017, 10:52: Message edited by: Helen-Eva ]

--------------------
I thought the radio 3 announcer said "Weber" but it turned out to be Webern. Story of my life.

Posts: 577 | From: London, hopefully in a theatre or concert hall, more likely at work | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016