homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Aging Parents (Page 17)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  41  42  43 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Aging Parents
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tukai:
What does one say when one's aged mother's opening lines on the phone are "I'm not well. I just want to die."?
I usually just change the subject straightaway to something more positive and not about her, e.g. some happy item about our grandkids (her great grandkids). I have long since learnt not to "greet her" with the standard polite "how are you? " as I know what she'll say.

Gosh, how direct! I wonder how the conversation would go if you asked for specifics.
Mr Bee's father always responded "Mustn't grumble" which was likewise a conversation stopper. He kept this up as he obviously deteriorated so we never knew the truth.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The last year of my Mother's life, when we knew she was in end stages, I had this trouble as well in my weekly telephone call (This was 1987 and the rates were cheaper on Sunday, then) I used to open with Hello, Mother, wait for her to acknowledge me, and follow up with "Just my weekly call to tell you how much I love you" or similar words. We'd then carry on, with her telling me the little things in her life, and me telling her mine, but I always ended up with "Bye, I love you very much"

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
What does one say when one's aged mother's opening lines on the phone are "I'm not well. I just want to die."?
I usually just change the subject straightaway to something more positive and not about her, e.g. some happy item about our grandkids (her great grandkids). I have long since learnt not to "greet her" with the standard polite "how are you? " as I know what she'll say.

Hmmmm..........with my nan, we usually took time to hear her out on that. She loved to talk about what was hurting and what ailments all the neighbours had. Hers were always worse of course.

Thankfully, with a phone call, you can roll your eyes as much as you want or attend to the dusting while you chat. When you are old and hurt, everything is about you. While it isn't easy, fortify yourself before every call with the statement, "I hope I remember this when I am old and I hope there is someone there to just listen to me too."

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I usually just change the subject ...

When my father, now 85, was able to articulate words and phrases, my response was "I understand." and a hug when he said he wanted to die. He has advanced dementia, following the onset of alzheimer's some years ago. He knew what was coming, as his father had progressed along the same path before him.

We are all praying for the Lord to take him home soon, as he is unable to do anything for himself anymore, and most of the time does not even respond to verbal or physical stimulus. He has been confined to a bed and, via a lifting mechanism, to a chair for months now. He cannot straighten his legs, turn his neck or even chew foods, and has lost a great deal of weight.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My father (late 80s), does this. I know he is depressed. But his situation is in fact depressing; his complaints of helplessness, deafness, blindness and so on are quite accurate. The doctor suggests antidepressants. I am not sure another medication (on top of the large number he already has to take) is wise.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Last week I went with two of my cousins to have a meal with a third who is trying to force his 80 year old mother to move 200 miles and threatening not to see her if she doesn't do as he wants (see posts above).

We thought if we offered to pay he would at least meet the rest of us - that much we got right. However, in assuming he wouldn't cause a scene if we met in a public place we were well wide of the mark.

After eating we brought up the subject of our aunt, his mother's, proposed move; before we could even suggest that she was less than happy or that't we'd be more than happy to ferry her to and fro his place - a distance of 200 miles - he just started yelling. It was none of our business (really, we're related to her too and Cousin A sees her at least once a month, as opposed to the twice/three times a year her son manages); she was mentally unstable and her unwillingness to move is a sign of encroaching dementia (her doctor says far from it); he's only doing it to enable her to live within her means (the cousin who lives nearest now has Power of Attorney and is gobsmacked at just how wealthy a widow she is); if she doesn't move she's going to die alone and friendless (she has a wide circle of friends and plenty of younger relatives who visit).

We managed to steer him into the hotel garden and continue there and that was where he delivered himself of an ultimatum: either we three back off and let him get on with forcing her to move (and he includes in that our ceasing to have any contact with her until after it happens) or she becomes our responsibility and he won't see her again even if we drive her to see him. He then stormed off.

Fortunately we'd arranged for her to spend a couple of days with Cousin A and she checked the aunt's answerphone before taking her back - which meant she could wipe out a tape full of vitriol. All she told my aunt was that he wasn't happy and would be in touch with her at some point.

Now we're on tenterhooks to see what his next move is going to be.

Meanwhile, Cousin Bs child got far better A level results than expected and so is going to the university near the aunt and is going to move in with her - paying rent, etc, of course. That will at least answer his "concerns" about her being on her own.

Watch this space!

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gosh L'Organist, you've got the plot for a novel there. What is the matter with your cousin? If mine offered to do all that for my mum I'd be delighted, not having a hissy fit.
Tukai - Hope your mother is feeling a bit more cheerfull. I'd agree about actually discussing why she feels so ill she wants to die and then steer the conversation to more positive things.
My mum is trundling along pretty much the same as usualy. Her eyesight is very bad, but she insists she is coping. I'm going to try and persuade her to go on an RNIB course, as what she need is practical help for the day to day, how to put in pin numbers, distingushing a £20.00 note from a £5.00 one. She also seems to be getting a bit more forgetful, but nothing really major. Certainly the election of Jeremy Corben was of great interest to her, and really seemed to perk her up for a while.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
L'organist - my nasty suspicious mind is wondering what financial embarrassment this cousin got has himself into that needs his mother's money to resolve? Because this looks like him being desperate to get his hands on her money for some reason. He probably does know what she's worth, and he's probably hoping for the revenue from the sale of her house for some reason. Because wasn't he going to take power of attorney? And as the chief legatee would possibly feel that helping himself in advance was not a problem?

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
L'organist: being, as I am, a bad person I would have been tempted to say to bad cousin when he was doing his rather histrionic "Do it my way or I'll never speak to my mother again!" -

quote:
That's great! Can you put it in writing for us?
How old is he? He sounds about 7.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He's 53 and, so far as we know, doing quite well for himself financially (he gets a 6 figure salary from one of the big consulting firms) and will get a massive pension when he retires.

No, the evidence is more and more that he is just an ultra Scheiße. The latest development (which I've put into Hell on Difficult Relatives) bears this out.

--------------------

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

B
She may be depressed, maybe encourage her to discuss with her GP (also might mean her pain control is not good enough.)

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
L'organist, I've just popped downstairs to look at your post and all I can offer is [Votive] .

What a rotten situation (and what a rotter).

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
L'organist, not sure which thread to put this in but it has reminded me of two incidents at the last place I was at.

Firstly, an elderly man who had been moved there to "be near his son", away from all his contacts. The son then moved over the river to Essex, and hardly ever saw him, having got involved with divorce and a new partner. I'm putting "hardly ever" because I can't be absolutely sure he didn't see him at all, though that was the impression I got. He became very lonely, alcoholic, and had to go into hospital to dry out. (No visits, apparently, from son.) He was left alone at Christmas, and wanted me to buy his supplies, including sherry, whisky... I got the ready meals, and saw his priest, who organised parishioners to have him for meals. He entered a decline, went to sheltered housing, couldn't look after himself, and died.

Has the son of your aunt got a partner?

The other thing occurring to me is the very nasty pair of people downstairs who were absolutely convinced that I was doing them wrong, and made my life a misery while they tried to get from me what they thought they were entitled to. That letter you refer to elsewhere has the stench of their sort of missives.

Has the son spent money on the house he intended his mother to live in? Still, he shouldn't lose by putting it on the market, if he has.

Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmm... sometimes wealthy people (who are used to money solving their problems throughout a lifetime) can get quite peculiar when an elderly parent is showing signs of getting towards the end of a long life.Visits can tail off as the thought of facing a life withOut the parent looms.

It almost seems as if facing the final end/ the death of their nearest relation is too much to emotionally cope with.

Still, whatever is going on with him, your priority is for now going to be his mother. Best wishes from all reading this, we're cheering you on!

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

No, the Sh*t doesn't have a partner - has had a couple of female friends over the years but nothing serious.

His social life, if it can be called that, is largely built around meeting fellow OBs of his school, the rugby club (where he isn't popular) and things to do with his work. Oh, and he used to go to live Top Gear events and things like the motor racing at Goodwood.

On rare occasions when he attends family events if he speaks to any of us at all it is about (a) his car, (b) his job, (c) diatribes along the lines of "the country is going to the dogs": so generally a charmer!

Cousin B's student child has now moved in and so the aunt won't be alone at night.

--------------------

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This might be useful to your aunt and cousins.

Property Alert

It's provided by the Land Registry, and it's free. I'm going to mention it to my friend, as well.

[ 24. September 2015, 10:29: Message edited by: Penny S ]

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
thanks for that Penny S - I'm delighted they are being proactive on this.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"I can't go to church, it makes me too sad," says 88 year old. Misses his wife, my mother, and finds church reminds him of her. I get it, but it would be nice to take him with us; the church is ½ block from him but 8 km from us. After 5 years of her gone and moving him back, he finally says it. Maybe he didn't know it before. Don't know.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Frown]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My first appearance here, although my father is 91.

He is in hospice care at home. I've just formally moved in with him after having lived a block away for years.

Twenty years ago he got prostate cancer. Radiation and hormonal treatment made it abate until about a year ago. It had come back and spread to his bones. An oral chemo slowed down the progression for about eight months. He lived fairly independently until he came down with an infection about two months ago that sent him to the hospital. After a time in a physical rehab facility he came home. my brother has come back to the States to help get the household set up for him. We had a devil's own time getting the family trust arranged so that we could pay bills. (See "Passive-aggressive Notes" in Hell.)

He is on heavy pain meds. This morning at 4AM he shouted for help; he didn't know where he was. In the bedroom that he has slept in for 60 years. In the queen sized bed he has slept in for 40 years. (He refuses to have a hospital bed.) I was able to reassure him and get him centered again.

He probably has a few weeks to live.

Thanks for listening.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
{{Lyda Rose and your dad}} [Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
{{Lyda Rose and your dad}} [Votive]

Amen [Votive]

--------------------

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
((Lyda Rose))
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Amen from me too [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
{{{Lyda Rose}}} [Votive]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lydia Rose and her dad [Votive]

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayer from me too.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you very much for your prayers.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:

Thanks for listening.

We're listening.
[Votive]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[tangent]
Hello Chorister - it seems a while since we've seen you! [Smile]

**waves in the general direction of Cream Tealand**
[/tangent]

--------------------

CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

- Posted      Profile for CuppaT   Email CuppaT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today hospice was ordered for my dad.

--------------------
Stand at the brink of the abyss of despair, and when you see that you cannot bear it any longer, draw back a little and have a cup of tea.
~Elder Sophrony

Posts: 919 | From: the edge of the Ozarks | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lyda Rose, my thoughts are with you and your dad.
Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

CuppaT and her dad [Votive]

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

quote:
Originally posted by CuppaT:
Today hospice was ordered for my dad.

[Votive]

My dad has gone into a coma.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
More prayer for you both, Lyda Rose.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
for all.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] For Lyda Rose and her father.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] Lyda Rose.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Trudy Scrumptious

BBE Shieldmaiden
# 5647

- Posted      Profile for Trudy Scrumptious   Author's homepage   Email Trudy Scrumptious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Books and things.

I lied. There are no things. Just books.

Posts: 7428 | From: Closer to Paris than I am to Vancouver | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for Lyda Rose, CuppaT and their respective dads.

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers ascending.
Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

My father passed away shortly after noon today at home with his family near. He went very quietly without pain or struggle. He was a good man who had lived a good life.

May light perpetual shine on him.

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

[Votive] God bless and comfort you and all who love him.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Prayers for all of you.

--------------------

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

Lydia Rose - Prayers for your dad and for you and your family [Votive]

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

Lyda *Rose
So sorry for you, but glad that your Dad's end was peaceful - the fact that he could die surrounded by family in his own home will come to mean a lot in the coming months [Votive] [Votive] for you all.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  41  42  43 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016