homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » chasing the Black Dog - a depression support thread (Page 13)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  19  20  21 

Source: (consider it) Thread: chasing the Black Dog - a depression support thread
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm still on the waiting list to see a psychiatrist.That's ok, because I'm feeling fine now. Or I was feeling fine till I discovered today that I seem to have not seen or deleted or done something an important email while I was feeling out of it last November. I'm feeling sick and shaky again, possibly because I'm having to think back to last Nov and the way I felt then is flooding back.

I hate this. [Frown]

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Although actually it's not like last November because I'm feeling ashamed and embarrassed, and not remotely disassociated at all! So that's good. [Smile]
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(((NEQ)))

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] NEQ [Votive]

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers from me too, NEQ.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And from me. [Votive]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] NEQ
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] from me too [Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gotta love it. Ever more my hero.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Now that is style...

[Votive] for all whose Black Dog is stirring. For some unknown reason, I found myself suffering from Leaky Eye Syndrome (i.e. sudden tears) this afternoon... [Ultra confused]

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
((Bishops Finger))

--------------------

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks, EM. Quite irrational, I know - possibly a by-blow of my (now removed) brain tumour?

[Votive] for all with LES...

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I could almost say I suffer from the opposite of LES - even if a jolly good weep would probably do me good, I find it very hard to actually, physically cry.

The only exception was when D. and I had to live apart for six months while we were waiting to find out if he'd get leave to stay in Canada and I was still in Belfast; during that six months it seemed to take very little to make my eyes leak.

I suppose different circumstances will affect people in different ways.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

True, but LES sometimes seems to happen for no discernable reason. Maybe I'm just feeling a bit under the weather or summat...

IJ

--------------------

Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I get LES at the drop of a hat...happened just then on my walk by the river.

[Votive] for all here, and those reading.

I had a shocker last year. Fell apart in April taking numerous weeks off. Fell apart again. Weeks off. Fell apart again at work in front of all. Much understanding, and my boss shipping me back to my parents' place for 4 months where I worked [doing what I could which kept me busy - good thing], got help, and recuperated. I have been blessed with understanding managers.

The psychologist suggested 2 weeks here, 1 week back home, 3 weeks here, 1 week back home, which worked at the end of last year. And may have to happen again given how I'm feeling. Each night around 7 I get restless, weepy, melancholy and anxious. Like clockwork. The days are fine; it's the nights I dread. Which is what happened last year. Concerned it is starting again.

Thankful for this thread, though have mixed feelings that it needs to exist. But am thankful it does.

Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

((Ian Climacus))

News of continued Brexit uncertainty is bringing me down, made worse by the self-flagellation that I am letting external factors over which I have absolutely no control affect my mood.

But it all adds to the feeling that attempting to resist entropy is futile. [Frown]

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

((IC, all with LES, and EM))

IJ

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

Feel like I can't go on. Fortunately I know from experience though, that I can...

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
EM just hold on, prayers ascending [Votive]
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

((EM)) - keep on keeping on - well done!

[Votive] for all Black Dog tormentees...

IJ

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You're not alone, ((EM)) [Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

{{EM}}

Hang on in there - you know we're all right behind you.

[Votive]

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

Thank you, dear friends

--------------------

Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] EM.
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A bit off-kilter, lately.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

[Votive] GK.

I know that off-kilter feeling. Not sure what to make of it...it is not full-blown depression for me, but I'm not 100% either, and sometimes I don't know why. And I am someone who needs answers. So I get more frustrated when I'm a bit off-kilter than if I'm fully depressed. But I suppose I function better in other ways. Odd feeling.

Hope it passes soon for you GK.

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

((GK))
[Votive]

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

GK and EM [Votive]
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

Crap. Not depression, but mental-illness related. Hope it's okay.

I think I had my first delusion episode this morning where I was convinced I knew everything and everything I thought was true. And yet I was still apologetic for thinking it. How they co-exist I do not know. Worse, I posted in Purgatory when not thinking straight and rightly got called for it.

It wasn't till I got to work I calmed down after a walk, before my boss arrived, and realised what a crazy fog I'd been in. It lifted.

I've heard people say you can have feelings you are superman and know everything, and can do everything. Not sure how far along I went but it was odd, being so certain. And now I fear a crash to depression will follow the manic high. I suppose a weekend away is a good idea.

Arleigh
Shipmate
# 5332

- Posted      Profile for Arleigh   Email Arleigh   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Posts: 388 | From: Brisbane | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

((Ian Climacus))

I know what that's like

[Votive]

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

IC [Votive]
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

quote:
Originally posted by Erroneous Monk:
I know what that's like

Thanks EM, and thank you all. I'm sorry to read you know what it is like.

Do you have any tips for getting through such an episode? Do you just put your head down and ride it out? I'm terrified of blabbering on again in person, or online, when in such a state.

[ 09. February 2017, 18:44: Message edited by: Ian Climacus ]

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

((IC))

Do have a word a.s.a.p. with your GP.

IJ

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

{{IC}}

I agree with BF - you should seek medical advice.

--------------------

Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

Good advice. Will do. Thank you.
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
{{{{{EM, Ian, and all of us, and anyone else dealing with this.}}}}}
[Votive]

Thanks for your support.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

[Votive] [Axe murder]
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

Feeling very anxious and panicky. A combination of the world being a really scary place right now and some relationship difficulties. I wish I could just get a dose of whatever brain chemical I need and then get on with stuff.

--------------------

Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

[Votive] EM [Votive]
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

[Votive] [Axe murder]

((EM and other BD owners))

Mine's asleep at the moment, God be praised...

IJ

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

EM take care [Votive] [Axe murder]
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Anxiety is kicking in pretty hard right now, and prayers would also be welcomed for a bipolar relative.

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

Thinking of you BG and relative and upholding you both [Votive]

--------------------

Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

BG [Votive]
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

[Votive] BG [Votive]

And all suffering in silence.

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

Been on a downward trajectory for a while. Got to the stage where I can't concentrate at all. Sitting in the office staring at my screen, refreshing internet pages.

I've made an appointment to see my GP (a week on Thursday but that was the soonest).

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

That was a wise thing to do, EM - I hope he/she can give you some help.

[Votive]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  19  20  21 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016