homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » chasing the Black Dog - a depression support thread (Page 18)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18 

Source: (consider it) Thread: chasing the Black Dog - a depression support thread
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And one from me EM [Votive]
Posts: 2191 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And from me...

{{EM}}

Posts: 7376 | From: Albury, Australia | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
{{EM}}

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 389 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hugs from over here too.

{{{EM}}}

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 19363 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you all so much :'-)

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2813 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
late to the hug party again (((EM)))

--------------------
The opinions expressed above are transitory emotional responses and do not necessarily reflect the considered views of the author.

Posts: 1027 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think that turned into a {{Group}}, but hopefully it helped, EM.

I guess we all need one, now that the days are getting short, the leaves falling, the wind and rain occurring etc. (well, in the Northern wossname, anyway).

IJ

--------------------
The future is another country - they might do things differently there...

Posts: 8763 | From: With The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
{{{{{all of us, and anyone else in need}}}}}

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?"--Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon"
--"I'm not giving up--and neither should you." --SNL

Posts: 17676 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thinking of all of you on this dark Monday morning

--------------------

Posts: 2813 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, it's rather grey and dismal here, too.

Another {{Group}} for all who find Monday the worst day of the week...

IJ

--------------------

Posts: 8763 | From: With The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, it's spring here and we too have one of those mornings. The sea mist has lifted in the hour since I got up, but the day doesn't look much better.

Despite that I'm hoping that a long walk will lift my spirits.

Thinking of all now going into winter.

Juia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10007 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Erroneous Monk:
Thinking of all of you on this dark Monday morning

Early spring here but very dark with more disappointing clouds. We need rain and they promise rain for weeks no. Some of the state had good falls, but not Sydney where September was the driest on record.

So dark I had to turn kitchen light on to cook breakfast., just before 7:00am.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9338 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I always feel bad that I never post on this thread despite starting it! I have been relatively absent thanks to starting an Access course at a local college (for non-UK people, an Access course is a sort of intensive pre-university course for those who have been out of education/without traditional qualifications) but today submitted my first piece of academic work in many years (my mental health and deadlines have never mixed well), managed to finish it and tidy it up while in the middle of a bad depressive episode and actually really enjoyed writing it. It's such a small thing but feels like a huge achievement.

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5304 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Small, maybe, but Life is made up of lots of small things, as well as the big ones.

Well done!

IJ

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Excellent news, Pomona - glad to hear that your academic activities are helping to keep your Black Dog at bay.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 19363 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Also, one of my coursemates has a black guide dog in classes with her, so I have a friendly black dog with me rather than a nasty one! [Yipee]

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5304 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fab [Yipee]
Posts: 2191 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay Pomona [Yipee] Best wishes for the rest of the course.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10007 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay Pomona indeed! Well done, and hurrah for friendly and nice black dogs.
Posts: 7376 | From: Albury, Australia | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

Never feel bad about this thread, Pomona. It being here helps me all the time, and that is thanks to you.

Glad to hear about your course - sounds all good.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016