homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Decluttering support thread (Page 14)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  50  51  52 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Decluttering support thread
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dishwashers. [Axe murder]

There are three of us in the house at present and in the course of a normal 24 hours we fill ours and run it last thing at night. In the morning we use stuff straight out of it for breakfast, put away the rest and start again. Minimum of putting things in cupboards, dirty dishes out of sight. It's a beautiful thing. [Smile]

Other decluttering chez Nen is not going too well... [Frown]

Nen - may take a leaf of of Mrs S's book and declutter a wine bottle this evening. Every item counts, right? [Biased]

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by daisydaisy:
... until I've emptied all the bottles taking up one of the cupboards ...

Depending on what's in the aforementioned bottles, do you need any help? [Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Intrepid Mrs S:
When Miss S got married back in October, we tidied up the back of church - old cassette tapes, mainly, and old-but-virtuous magazines and other old cr*p. The box got moved behind the font and no-one bothered emptying it after the wedding. Yesterday we thought it had gone altogether and were quietly celebrating - but I later discovered it in the flower-arrangers/slash/worship band cupboard. Frankly that is the last place it should be, and very soon it's the last place it WILL HAVE BEEN. I am taking an Executive Decision.

It has gone - cassettes of Evangelical conferences from only 15 years ago, home-recorded cassettes of Graham Kendrick [Eek!] and all [Devil]

Mrs. S, rubbing her hands in glee

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Thyme
Shipmate
# 12360

- Posted      Profile for Thyme     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
It has gone - cassettes of Evangelical conferences from only 15 years ago, home-recorded cassettes of Graham Kendrick [Eek!] and all [Devil]

Mrs. S, rubbing her hands in glee

Only 15 years old!!! [Eek!]

[Overused] [Killing me]

--------------------
The Church in its own bubble has become, at best the guardian of the value system of the nation’s grandparents, and at worst a den of religious anoraks defined by defensiveness, esoteric logic and discrimination. Bishop of Buckingham's blog

Posts: 600 | From: Cloud Cuckoo Land | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pray for me, brethren and (in view of what I’m about to undertake, especially) sistren [Biased] .

I hereby solemnly declare that tonight I am going to clear out my lingerie drawer. And I am going to put in the bin every last unmentionable that is either worn out or has been in an unfortunate incident with a black sock in the washer.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by la vie en rouge:
I hereby solemnly declare that tonight I am going to clear out my lingerie drawer. And I am going to put in the bin every last unmentionable that is either worn out or has been in an unfortunate incident with a black sock in the washer.

I save the worn out ones until I go on vacation. They get worn while I'm away, but most of them are tossed before I come home, leaving a little more space in my suitcase. (I just pray I'm never in an accident and taken to hospital while on vacation!)

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
... worship band cupboard ...

You keep your worship band in a cupboard? What an excellent idea - I should leave them in there if I were you.

[Devil]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
quote:

You keep your worship band in a cupboard? What an excellent idea - I should leave them in there if I were you.

[Devil]

[Killing me] [Overused]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The nice people from Scope should be coming to whisk a small cabinet and a large box of oddments from us tomorrow. Huzzah! How is it possible to collect so many bits-and-bobs of no consequence? Assorted keyrings, compilation cds, a barometer, a globe and a toy telescope, and they're the highlghts.

Once it's all gone I'll be starting a fresh box.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
quote:

[Devil]

[Killing me] [Overused]
...sorry guys, I'm not prepared to live in a cupboard with the rest of the band (and a load of flower-arrangers too, however talented!)
[Killing me]
Mrs. S, closet claustrophobic

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
quote:

I save the worn out ones until I go on vacation. They get worn while I'm away, but most of them are tossed before I come home, leaving a little more space in my suitcase. (I just pray I'm never in an accident and taken to hospital while on vacation!)
Not so [Biased] . If ever you get in a nasty accident, the first thing the medics are going to do is get a big pair of scissors and cut all your clothes off you (taking clothes off an injured person risks making things worse). If you’re wearing your nice lingerie, that’s the last you’ll ever see of it.

You really want to hope you’re wearing your manky undies if you get hit by a bus. (That said, someone I know was once in a nasty skiing accident. And she said that her first thought as she heard her ligaments go pop and collapsed on the piste in agony was indeed “Do I have good underwear on?”)

OTOH, this is now academic since I have achieved my object and now only have good lingerie left. If I get scooped up by any kind of medical personnel, my undies all have their elastic intact and are the same colour that they were when I bought them.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
my undies all have their elastic intact and are the same colour that they were when I bought them.
[Overused]

I have this cartoon in my knicker drawer*

You have achieved that!!

* Because everyone keeps cartoons in their knickers drawer, right?

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

quote:
Originally posted by North East Quine:
quote:
my undies all have their elastic intact and are the same colour that they were when I bought them.
[Overused]

You have achieved that!!

--------------------

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

quote:
quote:
quote:
[Overused]

You have achieved that!!

Of course - and was it Nen or another of our decluttering sistren who said her husband described her knicker drawer as 50 Shades of Grey?
[Killing me]

Mrs. S, pressing the wrong button [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

- Posted      Profile for Caissa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A colleague, who happens to be a personal counsellor, is helping me purge my office prior to an office move to start a new position. Much needed and appreciated help.
Posts: 972 | From: Saint John, N.B. | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Caissa, friends like that are worth their weight in gold.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
was it Nen or another of our decluttering sistren who said her husband described her knicker drawer as 50 Shades of Grey?

Not me - there's nothing in my knicker drawer that would interest Mr Nen. [Biased]

Nen - all cotton, size 14-16.

--------------------

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

quote:
Originally posted by Nenya:
quote:
was it Nen or another of our decluttering sistren who said her husband described her knicker drawer as 50 Shades of Grey?

Not me - there's nothing in my knicker drawer that would interest Mr Nen. [Biased]

Nen - all cotton, size 14-16.

Sorry Nen [Hot and Hormonal] - I knew it wasn't me, so I naturally assumed it had to be you! [Snigger]

The Apologetic Mrs. S

--------------------

daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just had a successful declutter - friends came over for lunch & left with a jacket, dishwasher paraphernalia and bar stool, and interest in the Welsh dresser. I must have people over for lunch more often [Smile]
Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay, daisydaisy! I love it!

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We have decluttered a shelf of assorted pamphlets and maps from places we have visited or quite fancy visiting. Realistically, if we visit or revisit any of these places, a street map dated 1993 is not likely to be helpful. Nor is a guide to eateries labeled "new! revised! 2001!" We now have a full paper recycling box and a foot of available shelf space.
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have convinced Mr Shrew to declutter an old leather jacket that is completely worn out and utterly useless through the promise of fabric recycling bins.... Feeling very proud (now to work on the other six old jackets that are worn out but less obviously past any kind of use)

I also have a couple of bags of things which I never wear to go to charity.

I figure progress may be slow but it is steadily heading in the right direction.

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Thyme
Shipmate
# 12360

- Posted      Profile for Thyme     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
We have decluttered a shelf of assorted pamphlets and maps from places we have visited or quite fancy visiting. Realistically, if we visit or revisit any of these places, a street map dated 1993 is not likely to be helpful. Nor is a guide to eateries labeled "new! revised! 2001!" We now have a full paper recycling box and a foot of available shelf space.

Oooh, yes, no matter how hard I try we seem to accumulate this sort of thing as well. I don't know why it is so hard to get rid of. Just before I read your post I noticed we have a big road map dated 2010 and wondered why we are keeping it.

Congratulations for the dishwasher daisydaisy. And the clothes Mrs Shrew.

I had a huge clothes declutter, it must have been nearly two years ago now when Comet got us doing the 30 items thing. Since when I have done a bit more as and when but I think I need another radical sort out. I haven't been buying much, I think I need to replace some things.

It's a never ending process. My next big household declutter will be when we move again in a couple of months.

--------------------
The Church in its own bubble has become, at best the guardian of the value system of the nation’s grandparents, and at worst a den of religious anoraks defined by defensiveness, esoteric logic and discrimination. Bishop of Buckingham's blog

Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Travel information sneaks its way in with stealth - especially the guidebooks you get at castles. I know they never get looked at, and yet every time they tempt me!

Can you tell me more about the 30 items thing? It sounds intriguing...

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

D. took a phone call this morning from the local Diabetics' Association saying that they'll be doing a doorstep collection on Wednesday, so if I can muster up the energy/motivation I might be able to ditch a bin-bag or two of clothes that I know I won't wear again, and possibly the odd surplus-to-requirements bit of kitchenalia.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Diabetes Association collects clothes to sell in job lots to vendors who pass the clothes on at exorbitant rates to wholesalers in other parts of the world

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Thyme
Shipmate
# 12360

quote:
Originally posted by Mrs Shrew:
Can you tell me more about the 30 items thing? It sounds intriguing...

I can't find the previous decluttering thread. It must be in Oblivion somewhere.

You wear 30 items for 30 days. Then review your wardrobe. Or it might be 33 items for 3 months. I forget, but you get the general idea.

Basically the idea is that you select 30 items of clothing, not including underwear, uniforms, workwear, gardening clothes and such like.

Whether you include shoes and jewellery is up to you. Some sites do, some don't.

Here are some links but if you google 30 items of clothing you will find sites.

here

here

here

here

I never got down to 30 item even excluding shoes, jewellery, cleaning clothes, swimwear and so on, but it did focus my mind considerably and at the end of it all I did have a smaller but much better wardrobe.

I also applied a similar principle to my jewellery and part exchanged nearly all of it and bought just a few items which I now wear very regularly. That was a really good move.

I came across articles etc about how French women have a small number of clothes which they wear all the time, until it is time to replace them. If they have a couple of outfits they look great in, they have no qualms about wearing them all the time.

here is a typical example, but just google french women's style or fashion.

I'll try to find the original thread if I get time. I think it was the previous incarnation of this one.

--------------------

Thyme
Shipmate
# 12360

Wodders has helpfully linked to the old thread in Limbo in his OP here. I haven't found Comet's post about the clothing yet.

--------------------

Thyme
Shipmate
# 12360

Here it is 27 June 2012

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
The Diabetes Association collects clothes to sell in job lots to vendors who pass the clothes on at exorbitant rates to wholesalers in other parts of the world

They do? [Eek!]

There's a second-hand shop here called Previously Loved which D. says is an outlet for the Diabetes Association; I sort of assumed that anything we left for them would end up there. I'm hopeless in second-hand shops, but D's very good at finding things in good condition: he buys his clothes there so that I don't have to ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

- Posted      Profile for Caissa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I move tomorrow into my new de-cluttered office.
Posts: 972 | From: Saint John, N.B. | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

Yesterday was such a foul day here (just for a change [Mad] ) that Mr. S started to declutter the study. I'd rather he'd done his wardrobe, but hey, can't be helped. We threw out TONS of old boxes (for the Nook, the GPS and for at least three old mobile phones), old magazines, maps, CDs (M$ Encarta 2001, anybody? Thought not)...

Today doesn't look any better, so we'll probably have to do the filing cabinet etc [Big Grin] BUT the best thing is - I found my birth certificate! You know how it is when you're sure you know where something is? If it isn't there, you have no idea where to look. Well, it was in with the certificate for my French A-level, which I took about 25 years ago.

(I had had to get a copy, which in the end didn't serve the purpose it was required for - my CRB check - because the chap who was checking it said it made my year of birth appear to be 1961 rather than 1951 . I wish!)

So, who knows what delights will be unearthed today [Yipee]

Mrs. S delighted to be decluttering

--------------------

Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The weather produced a similar flurry of action here. One wardrobe entirely reordered inside, a quarter of the previous garments awaiting stickers to be affixed to their plastic bags for the charity shop, brand new space for shoes and half of hubby's hobby cupboard newly streamlined.

I am still in shock!

Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

quote:
Well, it was in with the certificate for my French A-level, which I took about 25 years ago.

I too took French A level - but longer ago than 25 years. [Biased]

Returning to the subject of knicker drawers, I decluttered mine at the weekend, prompted to do so because I couldn't fit all the knickers and socks I'd washed into it and then close it. [Roll Eyes] It's now much tidier [Big Grin] . However I have the habit (which I read about years ago, probably in some edition of the magazine "Jackie" - did anyone else read that?) of putting my empty perfume containers in my underwear drawer to make them smell nice. When I sorted it there were three empty Rive Gauche eau de toilette sprays in there. [Hot and Hormonal]

Nen. - born in the same decade as Mrs S but a bit later in it. [Biased]

--------------------

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

quote:
Originally posted by Nenya:
quote:
Well, it was in with the certificate for my French A-level, which I took about 25 years ago.

I too took French A level - but longer ago than 25 years. [Biased]

Nen. - born in the same decade as Mrs S but a bit later in it. [Biased]

Ah, but this was what they used to refer to as Evening Classes (last step before Ironing Classes, maybe? [Snigger] ). My original A-levels were taken more or less before recorded time began...

A further day of decluttering the study has produced more shredding than three compost heaps can handle, but no long-lost treasures, sadly.

Mrs. S, way past anything so intellectual as A-levels these days [Biased]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[tangent]
quote:
... this was what they used to refer to as Evening Classes ...

Ah, evening classes! That's where I met my Beloved - he was teaching Higher Music and I was learning it (and quietly lusting [Snigger] ).

I was his first success. [Smile]
[/tangent OFF]

--------------------

Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It Was Jackie who suggested that and I also wasted far too much pocket money on that magazine!
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
After discovering that a tall shelf thing is teetering a bit too much I removed the sewing bits & fabric from it, generated 3 bags from that for rehousing but, with everything on the floor while I decide what to do with what I want to keep, this round of decluttering leaves me feeling like I'm only scratching the surface. [Waterworks]
Really I need to focus on clearing the dresser so I can put it up for sale.

Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas Aus
Shipmate
# 15869

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas Aus   Email Barnabas Aus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mrs BA has summoned up the energy to tackle her craft room, which was fast disappearing under the accumulation of materials and projects. I'm not certain how much has been disposed of, or whether it is just better arranged, but at least most of the floor is now visible.
Posts: 375 | From: Hunter Valley NSW | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Silver Swan
Apprentice
# 17957

- Posted      Profile for Silver Swan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Visible floor is one of my goals. [Yipee]
If I could manage to sort one box a day I'd get there eventually.

--------------------
Christ Jesus came to be Immanuel, not a manual.

Posts: 33 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Last year, when we thought we'd sold our bungalow on the Isle of Wight, I brought stuff I'd been storing there and "temporarily" put in into paid storage here. Then the sale fell through and finances forced me to bring the boxes into my tiny flat here. Result - no room to move or sort, and any attempts to sort ended up as counter-productive as the lack of space made it impossible to leave things out while I sorted them.

This week a burst of energy and determination and a brainwave as to the answer. I got a special deal on paid storage and have moved it all there. The plan is, over the next couple of months, to bring home a box at a time and deal with it, with the space and time to do it but, even more, the lack of feeling overwhelmed or depressed at the state the place had got into. It's costing me £100 for the two months (thank goodness my wages in this new job are higher), but already I feel £100 better morale-wise. I quite like my clutter, but it had taken over somewhat!

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

Well done Smudgie that all sounds very organised! I agree that working one box at a time helps make things more manageable.

I did read the links about project 333:I'm not sure I would be able to get as low as 30 but I plan to give it a shot in a couple of weeks.

Next weekend is wedding weekend (so I finally WILL be Mrs Shrew...) so at the moment my house is full of both stuff and people. I have a few bags for charity shop to go today, filled with clothes and books I found whilst tunnelling out space for a bed in the spare room.
After that I really will have to give it a rest until after the wedding.

Mrs Shrew-surrounded by lists of Things That Must Be Done Ready For Saturday.

--------------------
Was "mummyfrances".

Thyme
Shipmate
# 12360

Congratulations Mrs Shrew, hope all goes well and you have a wonderful day.

Are you getting wedding presents? Will you have a one in one out rule? [Big Grin]

We have completed on our new house. The decorators are in. I am thinking about how to declutter even more as we prepare to move and how to prevent further clutter taking up residence in the future.

--------------------

Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

I'm not sure about a one in one out rule, but I will definitely be continuing the strict decluttering after the wedding.

I sneakily threw out the old broken coffee maker (that the future Mr Shrew was saving in case he could fix it) yesterday.

--------------------
Was "mummyfrances".

ecumaniac

Ship's whipping girl
# 376

- Posted      Profile for ecumaniac   Author's homepage   Email ecumaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If anyone nearbyish is decluttering fabric, I'll give it a good home....

--------------------
it's a secret club for people with a knitting addiction, hiding under the cloak of BDSM - Catrine

Posts: 2901 | From: Cambridge | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ecumaniac:

What sort of fabric do you like [Smile]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
ecumaniac

Ship's whipping girl
# 376

- Posted      Profile for ecumaniac   Author's homepage   Email ecumaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Heavenly Anarchist:
quote:
Originally posted by ecumaniac:

What sort of fabric do you like [Smile]
I'm very much a beginning sewer, so only doing cotton/linen and polycottons at the moment!

--------------------
it's a secret club for people with a knitting addiction, hiding under the cloak of BDSM - Catrine

Posts: 2901 | From: Cambridge | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Owing to the plumber breaking the basin when he was removing a tap, I had to declutter my bathroom vanity at short notice. Much of the contents went into straight into the rubbish but some things are now cluttering the spare bedroom.

I have vowed not to put anything back into the new vanity (which has 3 drawers and a cupboard with shelves) until I have worked out whether or not I need to keep it.

Smudgie - that sounds brilliant - I find it too easy to get overwhelmed by piles of things.

Over the next week my goal is to sort my bedroom and the spare room. I am planning on getting my house re-wired and some space uder the lights and around the electric sockets is necessary.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

Hope the basin disaster was not too bad Huia
quote:
Originally posted by Thyme:
Are you getting wedding presents? Will you have a one in one out rule?

I am pleased to report that, not only did we succeed in Getting Married, we also avoided the great Toaster Trap (as predicted by my mother when told we would not have a wedding list). Indeed we have somehow managed to be given only things which are both useful and do different tasks than any things we already owned.

--------------------
Was "mummyfrances".

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

Congratulations Mrs Shrew!

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  50  51  52 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016